Right way to hunt when swamped by mobs? (Read for more details)

the-unknown

Prowler
Society
Perseus Society
Aj the-unknown Henry
If you get swamped by by a bunch of mobs while hunting, what do you kill first?

Kill in the order that the mobs arrived?
I do this, where possible. Especially if my defence costs will be low.

The weakest one attacking you first till the strongest last?
This may work if you want to reduce the number of mobs around you as fast as possible.

Strongest mob attacking you first till weakest last?
This may work if you want to take down the one hitting you the hardest first.

Randomly attack whichever you want to next?

Give up and die after current kill to revive and hunt again?
Maybe useful to reduce defence costs.

Explain rational if possible :)

Ops. Wanted to make a poll. lol.

I usually hop in my sleipnir and get away, and then use a tagger to kill them one by one.

Quad to break aggro... if not:

If you're taking 1.0 hits from the weakest, then strongest first. If you're taking larger damage from both, then weakest first to thin out the numbers. If you're fapping loads, then just die and go back.

break out the 'Emergency Weapon'... usually something of Tango or Katsuichi Determination type levels of damage. ;)

Kill what's closest first if your Emergency weapon is melee.

If it is a ninja spawn at me, then i use vtol for fly away, remove vtol and hunt again.
If it is my bad, i hunt as first the bigger ones, then the weakest.

Depends on the mobs but in the past I'd use three approaches, first one is kill until I was last one standing but that depends on the mob or I'd try to kill the one I was already shooting and loot it and then let myself die and last if I could see them coming and knew I could I'd out run them to the nearest turret.

A long time ago in vu8 I'd just tank bots but in vigi the repair costs just made it too expensive.

If they were really low level then there's always the option of explosive weapons and just blast away.

Pull out high damage rocket launcher and aim for the nearest one to you....or your feet (if they are all around you)....usually thins them out quite nicely

I usually hop in my sleipnir and get away, and then use a tagger to kill them one by one.

This here.

Even better: Only the extreme aggro mobs tend to swarm you (or you just went full rambo into a spawn). A good tagger avoids that kind of situation.

Regards Isaac

If mobs are in my level (mean I can handle alot) I kill from the highest level first to the lowest at the end.
If things turning too "hot" I will use one of the methods the guys describe above! Mean, take off armor and die quick and easily to come back in full strength and tag one by one or fly away with Sleip and do that without dieing.
FYI this doesn't work well with big herds of Atrox's or Atrax's especially if you are close to spawn points! So I prefer to run and drag'em (as much I can take dmg), in a remote place that I know there aren't any more spawns and do the tag 'em after I die.
Pretty much that is my method

Different from time to time, it all depends on which type of mob, maturity and my current eco. :p
If I can afford it I don't mind tanking a lot of mobs, and since you can only get a certain amount
of defenseskills from each mob, I try to kill in order they start to attack.

If it's something I struggle with, I start with the biggest to minimize the chance of fatal crits. Otherwise I clean up the little annoyances first.

Currently am skilling melee on feffoid mission (fort fury).

I tag with the arson chip ten ed when am maybe 15m away from the mob and get started on poking it.

It's not unusual to have 3 to 5 of them on me at a time. And I always start a kill with an arson hit first. If the arson misses, I just wait it out till cooldown is done and I do the arson hit before I start poking (lesser regen from mob, higher dps combined with the arson).

I hunt naked and use the imp res chip for primary healing, and normally it's enough to keep me alive. Rarely I use my M2350.

I tend to hunt in terms of first on me gets killed first. I figure the others munching on me MAY give me slightly more defence skills (can't really tell, lol). About 1.1k peds hunting run is roughly 400 kills according to mission logs / decay. And that gives me barely 1 evade point..... Healing costs for such a run is about 1 to 1.5 peds.

It keeps the defence costs low and hopefully I get more defence skills. I seen others do similar on trox at jurrea, but not sure of what kill order they do. Am just wondering if killing the mobs in the order they arrive is the best way or not ..... I kill the bigger feffoids first if I have a couple of the clan warlords on me mixed in with the other mobs munching on me.

If you get swamped by by a bunch of mobs while hunting, what do you kill first?

I try to kill them in order of arrival, if possible. This is so I keep time down each one are cliinging onto me to keep time down they just give armor and fap decay without giving evade skills. (This is for mobs that takes some time to kill.) I keep track ofthem by dragging their mob Icons.

In tight spots with smaller mobs where mobs doesn't respawn (ie warewolves in abandoned mines on Rocktropia) I just kill them off though so I can move forward.

If SEGs start to spawn upon me while I'm shooting at one already I usually end up at revival..

Last edited:
Just one thing to do

Back