Ingame global/HOF screenshot option.

Paralyser

Dominant
Society
Rabbids
PaRRe Paralyser Nilsson
It's been suggested before but it would still be nice feature to the game.

A simple choice ingame to take screenshot when getting globals, HOFs and such and save them to a local folder on your computer.

With the problems people are having with getting all black screenshots especially on Windows 10, a builtin feature would be awesome.

// Parre

A simple choice ingame to take screenshot when getting globals, HOFs and such and save them to a local folder on your computer.

With the problems people are having with getting all black screenshots especially on Windows 10, a builtin feature would be awesome.

// Parre

this!
I'm tired of the black screens.

Why would MA bother when it already exists in Entropia Tracker, a 3rd party program that has been approved by them?

Why would MA bother when it already exists in Entropia Tracker, a 3rd party program that has been approved by them?
Why should they bother?
Two reasons...

1) EntropiaLife tracker prints glitchy or black screenshots for a good percentage of people who try to use it.
2) Screenshots of globals/hofs spread across the internet is good/free positive advertisement of the game.

People aren't joining the game because they saw screenshots of no-looters. Ya know? :D

i'm up for it since all my screens are black in fullmode with win10..

tracker only creates blackscreens in fullscreenmode (WIN8-10) ... so it suxx.
Any why use a third party tool if you have it in your own application.

I WANT IT

definitely this.

I use FRAPS for ages and I manually take screenshots.
EntropiaLife works good to me also, but I'm on win7 and always play in window mode.
Every game with build in screenshot option I tried most of the times sucks anyway. Low quality - different directories - sometimes didn't worked etc Can't name MMO's but are many.

I use FRAPS for ages and I manually take screenshots.
EntropiaLife works good to me also, but I'm on win7 and always play in window mode.
Every game with build in screenshot option I tried most of the times sucks anyway. Low quality - different directories - sometimes didn't worked etc Can't name MMO's but are many.

I also use fraps and it works, but i rly want an auto screen option.
Tracker worked for me on Win 7 also ... but on 10 only in window mode.

Legal "full screen window mode" would be a solution for me ... but MA needs to enable it.
I know there are ways to edit an cfg file, but thats not the way tog go.

cheers

It's one of the reasons I am still on windows 7

i fully support having a built-in screenshot feature in-game, that works in full screen mode. however, seeing how fast MA is addressing our requests, i started thinking on a workaround, something like this:

- install bandicam or fraps (i prefer bandicam because the free version can save screenshots in PNG format)
- assign a hotkey for screenshots, say F10, and make sure your EU client does not have such key assigned to any in-game action
- let a small app monitor the chat log, and scans for globals for your avatar (same as EL does)
- when a global is detected, the app waits a few hundred milliseconds, and sends a system-wide windows keypress / keyrelease, e.g. F10, to trigger the screenshot via bandicam/fraps

i have tried something like that, developing a first draft of this app, quick and dirty, and it works fine with Win10 in fullscreen mode. this approach does not interact whatsoever with EU client, so it should be fine, EULA-wise.

again, this is by no means a replacement for anything, and ideally, EU should have such feature built-in.

BUT, if anyone is interested in the approach above, let me know and i'll finish writing this small utility (i only did a "proof of concept", just to see if it is feasible).

Back