Question: Is the shopkeeper pad the most stable item in game?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
It is ironic, but it appears the shopkeeper pad, the vessel every shop owner uses to sell their goods holds a economic position of stability. No matter what is happening in game, pretty much since 2011 it uniformly hovers between +2000 to +2100. Now there are no new shops or shop owners, so begs the question as to why this one item in game holds firm against market pressures.

attachment.php

Big respect to the Shopkeeper pad, it has got me out of many tight spots :)

Even more surprising when you consider the amount of empty shopkeepers around (often in empty shops).

You don't see many of them on auction, not at 10+ amount at least.
Also any shopkeeper pad lower then 1900 ped gets bought up by resellers.
They clearly don't want that market to crash :p

2 of my shopkeepers I got for around 1100 ped each.
Is only time I saw them for that low in auction and I grabbed them fast lolol

#space_flight ~ where pilots and players find each other to travel through space to other worlds

2 of my shopkeepers I got for around 1100 ped each.
Is only time I saw them for that low in auction and I grabbed them fast lolol

I agree every now and then there's a few on auction at the same time, when shop a keeper sells out.

I remember those £1100 times and almost bought one myself, then changed my mind at 1200 prices...LOL.

There's ton's in game though, it's just a supply demand thing (people hold onto them)

Nothing can be relied upon to be stable in game though, the Gods can change things at the press of a button.

I used to buy gold bars as an investment, years ago. Say couple of bars a week when gold was really rare and built up quite a stack in my apartment. One day MA changed it and gold became tt food. It wouldn't even sell in auction, so I remember just tting it in frustration.

Buy one if you need it, not as an investment.

Rick

just remember, that the thing decays, which makes making profit off of em a bit difficult if you are selling low quantity stacks or low markup items...

Infos very much outdated, but a little more on the history of that over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?234226-Shop-Guide

I didn't know that. Well yeah that sucks then if loading it up with low MU items, especially if already paying a fee or is that fee (we see) just for shop keepers that are located in malls?

Rick

I didn't know that. Well yeah that sucks then if loading it up with low MU items, especially if already paying a fee or is that fee (we see) just for shop keepers that are located in malls?

Rick
nope... taxes and sk decay fee apply to both malls and apartment shops or wherever you drop the sk.

Back