Question: Few items in Auction

chronos

Old Alpha
Society
Project-Asylum Corp
Stig Chronos Brannlund
Hi, i just got back to the game after being away about 1 year or so and i was quite surprised when i saw the low amount of items in auction. :eyecrazy:

There was only a total of around 800 pages when listing all items. And i found especially the Mining amps, finders to be very low, like 6 pages in the amps section.

Any hardcore gamer that can tell if this is a summer thing, or has the total tradings gone down?

Im a wee bit worried since i plan on doing a big investment again and buying new hunting/mining gear after my last sell out.

Brgs Chronos

Part summer, part mining landscape has changed a bit.

Part summer, part mining landscape has changed a bit.

Yup this... mining is at best 60% of what it used to be.

That coupled with a lot of players now moving to arkadia because the loot is a little better.

Economy is still healthy, just more diverse and there's less of a market for mining gear.

EP bp & crapnell..
Cycled 10k ped on LT & got 1 item.. a 1 ped TT knife that sells for 4 ped, enough said?
aaah got some oil also that sells at 100.9% :D

Ok thanks for reply.
Sounds like sad news for an oldtimer miner like me.
But shall see if market picks up.
I think ill settle with (L) for a while though (for both hunting and mining) - if i can find any terramasters :p

From what ive read in many posts lately, seems Mindark doesnt care much about retaining the value of ingame items. And they go for quick money solutions themselves, hope this is temporary. Dont want the game to kill itself, i like it to much...

EP bp & crapnell..
Cycled 10k ped on LT & got 1 item.. a 1 ped TT knife that sells for 4 ped, enough said?
aaah got some oil also that sells at 100.9% :D

Longtooth always had poor loots. It was what started my rage quit last year. Has nothing to do with the above question.

Ok thanks for reply.
Sounds like sad news for an oldtimer miner like me.
But shall see if market picks up.
I think ill settle with (L) for a while though (for both hunting and mining) - if i can find any terramasters :p

From what ive read in many posts lately, seems Mindark doesnt care much about retaining the value of ingame items. And they go for quick money solutions themselves, hope this is temporary. Dont want the game to kill itself, i like it to much...

Yeah it's really unfortunate. I think their idea behind EP bp was to create a plethora of cheap residue, thereby lowering the markups of crafted gear. But the only people using crafted gear are miners. Hunters use looted gear 9/10 times.

Probably had something to do with their "reducing cost to play" goal of the last two years. Reducing markup input for hunters and miners would work... but it killed the markup output, basically rendering it useless and deflating the entire resource economy.

Hi, i just got back to the game after being away about 1 year or so and i was quite surprised when i saw the low amount of items in auction. :eyecrazy:

There was only a total of around 800 pages when listing all items. And i found especially the Mining amps, finders to be very low, like 6 pages in the amps section.

Any hardcore gamer that can tell if this is a summer thing, or has the total tradings gone down?

Im a wee bit worried since i plan on doing a big investment again and buying new hunting/mining gear after my last sell out.

Brgs Chronos

It dipped below 700 pages before migration. Sad to see that the most active season of the year only bumped up listings to 800. Plus we're all on the same damn planet for once.

It's not too surprising though. Most hunting loot isn't worth auctioning to most players. Also a lot of players sell through P2P trades, shops, or directly to auction orders.

As for the mining amps, we had plenty of them on auction pre-migration. Once the Eomon/LT are gone you won't have any problems grabbing amps.

if i were you i wouldn't invest any more to be honest...gone are those days...There is a few that are making profits we all know who those are..rest are breaking even thinking its all good atleast were getting free skills...reality is they arnt worth shit...as people been giving away skills at tt...

Waste 10 hours to break even..Wooaahh dude at least i got like 2000k skills for free...

and then there is the ones who believe... my day will come one day hang in there... if they can i can to...silly fools...Their the ones being left hang to dry..don't be one of them...Go invest in real assets in a business or start a real life venture do something different....

A fair amount have sold their stuff rest are selling out the only ones left are the ones who will promise you all is good who are living in denial as they cant handle the fact as to whats going on...

That's the best and honest advice i can give you...regardless of who says what and counters by what..I gave you honest truthful advice.

Thanks for honest and wise answers.
Yeah there sure are different ways to play Entropia, but i agree too on the argument that it has changed substantially the last years.

Most of my old friends have sold out due to the increasing cost to play and ever so decreasing value of investing to be a better hunter/miner.
But somwhere in there (maybe the gambler and society loving part in me) i still feel its very hard to turn my back to this 10+year adventure.

If anyone reads this and find this post to be a whining post, it was not its purpose. Its mearly a request to learn from the community about the (seemingly increasing) monetary risks of the future for this game.

You should not listen to a one year old noob, who didn´t survive in EU because he got no clue how to play.

Truth, its harder to break even for miners these days, due to lower average markups, and nearly no demand for crafted goods.

But there is still some crafting demand, and some smart crafters make their profit out of it, still paying MU for ores/enmatters.

The crafters that simply gamble to hit the big one, moved from regular BPs to Explo BP, so that market is dead for miners.

If you aim on MU resources and as old experienced miner you should have the knowledge how to find that, you still will make your way in EU, but its harder than in the past.

The situation for hunters is a lot worse than for miners, to be honest.
Crafting is only good for very experienced players with a lot knowledge about EU or for the gamblers, well gamblers can simply use Explo BP, what is the best choice to do that imho.

Mining gear is fairly cheap atm, and if you like amped mining, its a lot cheaper than in old days, due to lower MU on residue, making higher level amps a lot cheaper.

Give it a try

Thanks for valuable comment!

I am not a miner. But I bought land that has some nice ores and enmatter. Azur pearls, Dianum, narc,gazz, typo and langotz are resources that I mostly profit on when I mine (unamped) on my land. The markup on those resources is still good. My land is currently very hard to mine on, so I wouldn't recommend that. Just saying that mining is still nice, although the Ep crafting destroyed a lot of the economy.

Would be good if the recipe for explosive projectiles changed from being TT materials to say Lyst or some common hunting resource, would prolly up the price, and boost activities some more?

As it is now - its equal to buying a lottery ticket imho :p

I am not a miner. But I bought land that has some nice ores and enmatter. Azur pearls, Dianum, narc,gazz, typo and langotz are resources that I mostly profit on when I mine (unamped) on my land. The markup on those resources is still good. My land is currently very hard to mine on, so I wouldn't recommend that. Just saying that mining is still nice, although the Ep crafting destroyed a lot of the economy.

Your LA being filled with high aggro stuff single-handedly spiked the solis paste and azur pearl markup :laugh::laugh:

Honestly though, barely anyone mines anymore so I can't blame you.

To earlier comments... breaking even mining as a new player is pretty much impossible right now without guidance and/or detailed resource maps.. but profiting as an experienced miner has never been easier. Granted there are fewer spots to mine for high markup, but grinding those areas with lvl 5 and d-class amps and still profiting 6-8% wasn't even possible before EP bps, but it is now.

However, it takes a lot longer to sell resources on auction now.

Back