Eco and Enhancers

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
ive seen lots of logs and guides about being eco lately and they all seem to forget to mention that you shouldnt use ANY enhancers if you want to be eco...
pretty much every enhancers decreases eco with very few exceptions (e.g. high dmg UL gun (lvl 40+) + earthshock armor + rings + anything that increases crit chance / crit damage and accuracy enhancers)
so using enhancers is a good way to decrease your eco and tiering weapons etc is a good way to throw away money that you will never get back.
ofc it is cool to own a tier 10 UL gun but i hardly doubt that it is worth it.
just wanted to add this to recent eco hype.

Reactions: San
Thre is an old saying: 'fraps it or it didn't happen'.
So unless you cycled some hundreds of thousands of peds with a high tiered ul to have a clear view of the enh impact over your return, I'd say it's just an opinion. Yes, on paper the eco is lower, but that doesn't mean returns will be better. And yes, the more buffs u have, enh get better results.
There's a mix of highest possible dmg and highest possible eco that pro hunters seem to choose... so it's not that easy to figure it all out on paper.
Everyone has to find out what works for them with what they have, gear, skill, budget and brains :)

Eco is not only about dpp. Sometimes the most cost effective thing you can do is kill a mob quickly, trading dps for dpp.

I'm not convinced that accuracy enhances reduce dpp. It really depends on break rate.

I haven't used skill enhancers enough to form an opinion. I did buy a high tiered sword above my level and used skill enhancers to push the hit, crit, dam, and speed up to max but I didn't do any calculations of tracking that would allow me to calculate cost vs benefit.

I haven't used skill enhancers enough to form an opinion. I did buy a high tiered sword above my level and used skill enhancers to push the hit, crit, dam, and speed up to max but I didn't do any calculations of tracking that would allow me to calculate cost vs benefit.

Some say these are still bugged and not working... caution is advised...

well on all the weapons i tested it on so far the break rate from accu enhancers were between 800 and 1500 shots depending on gun. if you calc it out with 1500 shots then u get 6 shots extra (as the damage is approx doubled) because of the 0,4% extra crit chance for each accu enhancer. if the enhancer costs 2 ped then it means that you need to have shot costs of at least 33,33% to break even on extra damage vs enhancer cost. thats gets reduced a bit depending on ring etc though but still you gotta need high level guns. falagor did extensive tests on this over thousands of enhancers and he came to the same result. thats why he only hunt with high level UL gun with accu enhancers earth shock, ring, buffs and without ever getting hit.
and ofc you shouldnt fight 5 minutes vs a creature with a high dpp gun... if ur dps is too low to hunt the creature then you hunt above budget. but if you use damage enhancers to kill the creature faster then you decrease your eco AND hunt above your budget (or better say above the weapon level currently using).
its a lot of factors coming together but when you are under a certain level the statistics show that using enhancers is highly uneco.

No one said it's beneficial to use enh vs kerberos, young argounauts and such. With good gear, high turnover, proper level and budget enh bring a big advantage to the table. And you can only realize that when you have killed a huge amount of mobs. You haven't, I haven't, but those who had, are using enh, and I and whoever is reading this thread, would better go with the advice of the proper experienced hunters.

Ideally you give advice in an area where you are very good, and accept advice where you aren't very experienced, it will benefit everyone.

That's a high break rate compared to what I am used to on accuracy enhancers. More what I would expect on damage enhancers.

I will seriously consider using damage enhancers on mobs with high regen or rapid attacks.

ive seen lots of logs and guides about being eco lately and they all seem to forget to mention that you shouldnt use ANY enhancers if you want to be eco...
pretty much every enhancers decreases eco with very few exceptions (e.g. high dmg UL gun (lvl 40+) + earthshock armor + rings + anything that increases crit chance / crit damage and accuracy enhancers)
so using enhancers is a good way to decrease your eco and tiering weapons etc is a good way to throw away money that you will never get back.
ofc it is cool to own a tier 10 UL gun but i hardly doubt that it is worth it.
just wanted to add this to recent eco hype.

I have used enhancers on all 10 slots for a few years and Im not complaining, I know a few more alike And I could say with certainity that enhancers aint a waste.

Everything can be a waste depending on when and where but a statement like that really comes out faulty and is a bad general advise.

Theres so many layers to this game so a simple math is sometimes hard to make since we just know a few of them and can only guess the rest......

Mindark once made a statement about "efficiency" wich is a term I love to think abput when hunting. Try to find that sweetspot of killcount, defcost and ofc eco as you prefer to call it. I switched from hunting with a 3.07 eco gun to a 2.8 eco gun and Im doing just fine.......

Sorry for hijackibg your thread, just wanted to counter your opinion since my personal opinion in the question is the opposite from OP.

//ALZ

well on all the weapons i tested it on so far the break rate from accu enhancers were between 800 and 1500 shots depending on gun. if you calc it out with 1500 shots then u get 6 shots extra (as the damage is approx doubled) because of the 0,4% extra crit chance for each accu enhancer. if the enhancer costs 2 ped then it means that you need to have shot costs of at least 33,33% to break even on extra damage vs enhancer cost. thats gets reduced a bit depending on ring etc though but still you gotta need high level guns. falagor did extensive tests on this over thousands of enhancers and he came to the same result. thats why he only hunt with high level UL gun with accu enhancers earth shock, ring, buffs and without ever getting hit.
and ofc you shouldnt fight 5 minutes vs a creature with a high dpp gun... if ur dps is too low to hunt the creature then you hunt above budget. but if you use damage enhancers to kill the creature faster then you decrease your eco AND hunt above your budget (or better say above the weapon level currently using).
its a lot of factors coming together but when you are under a certain level the statistics show that using enhancers is highly uneco.

Break-rate is much higher on L vs unL

Accu enhancers have a huge effect when combined with crit dmg increases, doing 250+ dmg instead of 100 is a big boost to eco

Dmg enhancers have a huge effect when hunting high level mobs - taking an extra hit on pixie may cost you 1.5pec, taking an extra hit on supremacy + mod 5b may cost you 25pec. Therefore the enhancers are paid back per 10 or so mob hits.

I would be realy keen to know a good opinion reagrding Enhancers on L wepons... for example [EWE LC-150 Tactical (L)] this sort of wepon!?

I would be realy keen to know a good opinion reagrding Enhancers on L wepons... for example [EWE LC-150 Tactical (L)] this sort of wepon!?

DMG - as everything is increased by 10%, there is no effect on the "eco" apart from paying for the enhancer+MU. The break rate is higher, so it is just harder to get into a situation where break-even from enhancers is possible.

Accu - Likely the cost will be prohibitive on a L40 weapon. I used accu enhancers very successfully on a breer p5a just after they were introduced, but I was buying them for 140-160%. Now they are 600%+, it's more difficult to get them to work.

Personally - I use DMG very regularly as it saves me defence costs, but I use large armour+faps so each hit does cost me a lot.

well everyone who disagrees with me seems to have misunderstood... i was referring to all the eco guides and so on for people using stuff like z12, TEN chips, chons and so on. as i said they can be profitable when playing on a high level (lvl40 weapon+combined with other buffs)... so you guys pretty much say im wrong and then say the exact same stuff i have said :O

Back