SQL error when updating range on an item

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
I tried to add an UL version of a MF chip (Electric Attack Nanochip III) that my cousin looted a few years ago since it does not exist in Entropedia yet, and when I was filling out the range field in the form, I would get the following error:

1bRDyjG.jpg

Looks like an update error in the SQL. I'm not sure if this is broken on any other items, I didn't check.

Item in question: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?Chart=Weapon&edit=1&view=2456

Thanks!
-Hyp

I tried to add an UL version of a MF chip (Electric Attack Nanochip III) that my cousin looted a few years ago since it does not exist in Entropedia yet, and when I was filling out the range field in the form, I would get the following error:

1bRDyjG.jpg

Looks like an update error in the SQL. I'm not sure if this is broken on any other items, I didn't check.

Item in question: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?Chart=Weapon&edit=1&view=2456

Thanks!
-Hyp

yeah range is totally broke, if you check any of the newer items you'll notice no ranges :(

range is a protected keyword. With no one updating entropedia from a code base, youll just have to skip it.

range is a protected keyword. With no one updating entropedia from a code base, youll just have to skip it.

Wouldn't say I know a whole lot about SQL but isn't it expecting a string, so even though range is a keyword it shouldn't matter?
Eitherway if it interprets "Range" as code and not simply an input chances are you could mess around pretty badly.
say you updated an item and then added some code right after your input...it may actually run the code and for example output all the users passwords for those who have accounts.
(this is one of the oldest noobiest ways of hacking a service... that and stackoverflowing)

but I'm a total noob so no idea ^^

Wouldn't say I know a whole lot about SQL but isn't it expecting a string, so even though range is a keyword it shouldn't matter?
Eitherway if it interprets "Range" as code and not simply an input chances are you could mess around pretty badly.
say you updated an item and then added some code right after your input...it may actually run the code and for example output all the users passwords for those who have accounts.
(this is one of the oldest noobiest ways of hacking a service... that and stackoverflowing)

but I'm a total noob so no idea ^^

The whole point of protected keywords are, those are words you can not use as the name of a column, etc.

The db has the range column named "range", so data can't be place in it, so error.

Simple to fix, alter column name slightly and update page codes. But with no one working on that site anymore...

Well, at least we know that someone updated the mysql to a later version, from whichever original version it was created in (when range was not a keyword).

Just looking for the silver lining on the dark cloud :)

Back