Not always a scammer...some weird stuff with trades

NPV

Alpha
Banned
Naming Policy Violation
Hello guys

sorry for bad english, not my native and did not study in school :) Internet ftw!

This happened to me today.

I sold 20x Neurostim A to a person and he then contacted me with following:

xxx: dude you sold me bnurtostim bs
xxx: not a
xxx: wasnt watching
Naming Policy Violation: ??
xxx: [Neurostim-B] thats what you sold me
Naming Policy Violation: what?
Naming Policy Violation: come on, no
xxx: cause i have 20 of those
xxx: and only 2 of my a
Naming Policy Violation: no, i TT B and C
xxx: [Neurostim-A] i have 2 of theese
Naming Policy Violation: one sec let me check my entropia item list

etc etc. He did also check his My Account -Items and it was showing Neurostim B. I had 35 Stim A, 20 sold and 15 still in my bank as suppose to.

We both contacted support, he is currently offline, but this is what I got:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I sold 20 x Neurostim-A in-game to player xxx xxx xxx and in his inventory he has Neurostim-B now.

Please look into it, because I'm honest trader and I would never do something like this, trading wrong ones to player. I had 35 Neurostim-A in my bank, I took 20 of them to sell and still have 15 Neurostim-A in my bank. So it should be A , not B stims in his inventory.

Please look into it asap!
2016-07-28 11:02 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Policy,

Thank you for your support case.

No worries, we will of course look into it.

At 2016-07-28 00:53:52 traded Neurostim-A with a value of 20PED

So you did indeed trade the correct pills to the other avatar in question.

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit but unfortunately as we cannot discuss other avatars we cannot give you further information.

Take care and best of luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did not post your name, but if you want, you can join the discussion :)

Now I'm sure this is getting fixed and he will get his Stim A, but the question is bigger than this. How can an item, which has unique ID, change into something else? Probably with another ID, during a trade?

Should we now trade our B and C to other players and see if they turn into Stim A?

The whole thing kinda creeped me out. I was almost sure I fucked up and actually sold my As and traded him Bs or something. Was about 3 am my time, tired etc. Huh...

Thanks, now I will forever be paranoid about everything in EU !!!!!!

;)

How can we be sure that he didn't get A-pills? A are much more expensive than B, so... do you follow me?

I believe he was just testing you and trying to get 40 A-pills for the price of 20.

Never heard of items changing from one to the other after trading.

How can we be sure that he didn't get A-pills? A are much more expensive than B, so... do you follow me?

I believe he was just testing you and trying to get 40 A-pills for the price of 20.

Never heard of items changing from one to the other after trading.

Nah. Why go through so much trouble. We both made support case and he told, since he got shitty Bs in inventory he will buy rest of the As I got. But I left planet to hunt on Monria, so we canceled that.

We discussed pill trade for like 3 days, when I advertised, but I was offplanet or he was. I got 400% for the pills, so not a reseller or anything. Was hunting LT, got good gear, adj heal chip or similar. Why would he bother with 80 PED while he obviously was loaded enough to solo hunt LT. I forgot my sleip on another planet bank, he even took me back to TP after trade. Damn robots ate me up, I couldnt run past. I use vehicles as storage, forgot them all on Monria when I TPd to caly.

Or the buyer did other trades after and made a mistake, then thought it was connected to the above trade.

The problem with mistakes is you don't realise you did them.

I'm sure there's no spooks with items changing to other items during trades.

I've had some weird ones with trade windows though.

Trading pets used to be strange, you'd put a pet in the window for sale and it wouldn't show up such as Atrox. So I'd add other atrox to the trade window. only when you press confirm does it show in text there's two trox pets trading even though I can only visually see one.

Then there was the TT value bug a while ago, in the trade window, that didn't 'count' the correct TT amount.....damn that bug was a pain.

Damn game at times costs me thousands.....lol.

Still; I avoid posting to support unless it's critical.

Rick

All trades are final. Idk why you even contacted support. All a bunch of BS

All trades are final. Idk why you even contacted support. All a bunch of BS

Well thats MA policy, but it happened to me that I received wrong deeds from a trade.
When the seller contacted me later (after he noticed his mistake), I checked my inventory and yes he did a mistake and I returned the wrong deeds in exchange to the right deeds.

If I would be an a$$hole I would have said, EVERY TRADE IS FINAL, and be happy about a huge profit due to someone else mistake. But I am not, so this trade wasn´t final, and the mistake fixed.

It was the absolutely right thing to do to contact support to be sure that he didn´t do mistake on the loss of the buyer.

This buyer maybe didn´t tell the truth or did a mistake somewhere else, thats another story.
OP did the right thing, to check with support if he did things correct!

Not the point I was making. Two different situations. If someone mad a mistake on an AUCTION, I would hope they would return it. But it was just an idiot causing the chaos

They made confirmation screens and summaries for a reason.

Always take screenshots with the mouse over item to show what it is.

Even better. record it with fraps and put it on youtube :D

Well thats MA policy, but it happened to me that I received wrong deeds from a trade.
When the seller contacted me later (after he noticed his mistake), I checked my inventory and yes he did a mistake and I returned the wrong deeds in exchange to the right deeds.

If I would be an a$$hole I would have said, EVERY TRADE IS FINAL, and be happy about a huge profit due to someone else mistake. But I am not, so this trade wasn´t final, and the mistake fixed.

It was the absolutely right thing to do to contact support to be sure that he didn´t do mistake on the loss of the buyer.

This buyer maybe didn´t tell the truth or did a mistake somewhere else, thats another story.
OP did the right thing, to check with support if he did things correct!

"All trades are final" is protection preventing litigation against MA that could potentially break MA. It's a necessary condition to create an environment this game can exist in.

It is, however, NOT a rule governing our conduct as players. The path of best potential is to apply due diligence in maintaining communication and trust (yes trust, that's what money is based on, and the game is based on money) both between us as players (where we can and often do go to every length to achieve a mutually optimal outcome) and between us and MA via Support. What is essential in our use of Support, however, is to minimize workload so as to avoid overspending our deposited money just to handle sometimes-unusable walls of text. Support cases should be short, to the point, and not too frequent. They also should focus on critical points that have potential for actual improvement.

With all of this in mind, the best course in OP's scenario was exactly what OP and xxx did: to contact one another, discuss it, give it their best try, and inform Support in clear terms what happened. :wtg:
... and then to not flood Support with bogus cases that do nothing besides demand a response.

MA support replies that fast??

I dont believe it :p

... and then to not flood Support with bogus cases that do nothing besides demand a response.

Submitting a worthless support case... That's what he did

SMH...

Selling 1 Ewe EP-40 Mercenary for 5k PED.

There's a slim chance it will turn into a Mod Merc. PM me. Serious offers only.

Joking...

That's screwed up. Wonder how long this bug will stay in.

Hi

just to clarify this.

Person who bought A stims had also B and C stims in inventory, he sent me his support response.

He TTd his B and C stims after trade, to portable TT.

But he instead TTd my A and his C stims and had 20 B stims left in invetory :D

Anyway, case closed.

And no, it's not worthless case. If you don't give a shit about trades you do, does not mean others don't. Games are about community and I would not play it if everyone was a scamming prick around here.

Hi

just to clarify this.

Person who bought A stims had also B and C stims in inventory, he sent me his support response.

He TTd his B and C stims after trade, to portable TT.

But he instead TTd my A and his C stims and had 20 B stims left in invetory :D

Anyway, case closed.

And no, it's not worthless case. If you don't give a shit about trades you do, does not mean others don't. Games are about community and I would not play it if everyone was a scamming prick around here.
Idk why you would even respond to the person you traded. As soon as I seen your OP I knew the person you were trading with was an idiot.

Idk why you would even respond to the person you traded. As soon as I seen your OP I knew the person you were trading with was an idiot.

I guess he was willing to give him benefit of the doubt, give him time and he will be more cynically like the rest of us.

MA support replies that fast??

I dont believe it :p

Haha!

Good that someone found the time to check and verify your trade in any case. Top stuff from OP and ticket responder.

Back