Help: Need recommendation for weapon/amp

LeGrandBleu

Hatchling
Society
Freelancer
Chris LeGrandBleu Ocean
Hello!

Anyone able to recommend what kind of gun/rifle/carbine I should use at my level? =)

Laser Sniper (Hit): 26,5
Ranged Laser (Dmg): 24,3
BLP Sniper (Hit): 20,7
Laser Pistoleer (Hit): 20,2
BLP Pistoleer (Hit): 14,3

Im currently hunting Longtooth young/mature (on rare occurrence I also pin down an old LT)

At the moment im using a "Imperium Issue HK 2000 (L)" (Laser Rifle) and a "Isis LLP 16 (L)" (Laser Pistol)
Using AMP "Omegaton A201" and scope "ZX Eagle Eye"

If found better I can switch to an easier creature to hunt. Im also open for suggestions if there is a UL weapon available.

Further info, im hunting in my Adjusted Pixie with armor plating Mark 5B.

Thanks!
/LeGrandBleu

Hey there!

Well, let's take a look at what we're working with here...

Longtooth HP levels:
Young - 1300
Mature - 1600
Old - 1840

Your DPS levels:

HK 2000 (L) + a201 = 31.90 dps @ 2.912 eco
Isis LLP 16(L) + a201 = 29.19 dps @ 2.931 eco

Given your best DPS of 31.90 using the HK 2000 (L) + a201, it would take you roughly

40 seconds to kill a young,
50 seconds to kill a mature,
1 minute to kill a old
*** all stats are calculated without regen so add at least 10 seconds to each mob.

On average, you're looking about 1 minute per mob of constant shooting with no healing or dying in between.

I would say that this is too long to kill a mob so I would suggest something smaller with ~800 hp instead.
The rule of thumb that most hunters go by (at least early on) is to hunt mobs that take about 15-20 shots to kill. Since you're approaching level 30, that is becoming less true because of the higher HP mobs but you should still consider your DPS versus the HP of the mobs. At the moment, you're hunting mobs with minimum HP that is 40 times greater than your damage per second.

However, if you want to continue hunting LT, my best advise is to invest in a bigger amp.. ideally an a104 or at least an a103.

If you upgraded to an a104, these are the stats using the same weapons:
HK 2000 (L) + a201 = 36.04 dps @ 2.943 eco -- 4.14 dps and .031 eco gain
Isis LLP 16(L) + a201 = 34.30 dps @ 2.969 eco -- 5.11 dps and .038 eco gain

Given your new highest (theoretical) DPS of 36.04 using the HK 2000 (L) + a104, it would take you roughly

36 seconds to kill a young -- 4 second improvement,
44 seconds to kill a mature -- 6 second improvement,
51 seconds to kill a old -- 9 second improvement,
*** all stats are calculated without regen so add at least 10 seconds to each mob.

Since you are paying markup for (L) weapons, it is always in your best interest to get the maximum potential DPS/ECO out of them since each shot is costing you more than TT decay (TT decay + markup). Therefore, it is important that you buy the biggest amp you can afford that will not hinder your cycling PED to maximize the return on your investment. Once you have upgraded your amp, then I would suggest looking into UL guns if you want to go down that route, but the biggest blocker I see here is your lack of DPS and your small amp.

Hope that helps.

PS: I'm not sure if you use entropedia or know how to use it, but this is one of the most important tools for entropia players. I suggest you get familiar with it and use it often. I use it almost daily!

http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

As far as UL weapons go:

Laser options:

Rifle:
EWE LC-100 Frontier with A104 does 37.53 dps at 2.935 eco -- Maxed at level 28

Pistol:
Omegaton Igni L100 with A104 does 38.16 dps at 2.941 eco -- Maxed at level 28,
GeoTrek H21 Scrof with A104 does 35.61 dps at 2.931 eco -- Maxed at level 23

BLP options:

Rifle:
CB19 + Fi/Ra/Co Beast amp does 34.17 dps at 2.856 eco -- Maxed at level 17 Old school UL SIB -- I would advise against this since it is very un-eco in comparison to latest guns, better off using (L)

Pistol:
Isis Project Zero-Three + Fi/Ra/Co Beast amp does 40.98 dps at 2.911 eco -- Maxed at level 28

-Hyp

Last edited:
Mmmm the amp question.

First off I'm a fan of laser, especially with amping. You get more uses from your amp if using a laser carbine rather than lots more smaller shoots with BLP, because generally laser weapons shoot big pulses of damage but slower.

But then something different happened in game a few of years ago, MA introduced the LC series (LC-100 LC-240 etc). Much faster yet more eco laser weapons. I don't think they were designed for amp use, well certainly not old school amps anyway.

I use those guns a lot and don't amp them.

That got me thinking, did MA play a clever little trick and basically force amps to be uneco under the hood, knowing that players are convinced amps are a must have. It would be a smart move if that were true.

I'm sure I will be slated to the max by the old school eco maths warriors, by suggesting not to use an amp at all. Although my eyes look at the world from a commercial business point of view. e.g. how does a company make money off me?

I guess you need to consider what weapon you are throwing an amp on.

I loved A105 with the old LR series weapons. Hard to get an A105 that's not been converted into a less eco amp such as adj imp mod A105 now.

But think about this, lets say MA has 'one' rule for paying back amp costs, and they set that rule based on the most eco amps in the game. What is the most eco amps in the game? The new 1 ped amps from the Mino amp trader. Which could mean (smiles), that all those A105 A106's are 'now' not as good in comparison.

Oh dear what a mind f**k it all is. I've dropped amps from my hunting, my tin foil hat is glowing red hot with thought analysis.

Does it matter though? Run a standard L weapon and you get paid the TT cost, run a 1 ped gun you don't....lol. I've shoot enough ammo to know that's true.

Rick

I'd say you're hunting waaaaay too big for your skills, setup and, most likely, budget.

Stick to things you can hunt naked and without having to heal between less than every 5 kills.

I am level 55 and wouldn't touch LT young myself, without an eco ~75 DPS setup and a five digit PED budget for ammo cycling.

Hey there!

Well, let's take a look at what we're working with here...
<etc>
-Hyp

It took some reading! Greatly appreciate the effort you put down helping me! :)
I am currently using entropedia, but same there as for the game, still pretty new :)
I already had plans to swap for a better amp actually so glad to hear that you recommended that as well!
And like you said, even though I somewhat decrease time spent / creature I guess its still pretty long. But when migration is over I will probably look up where the skills landed and look for a more suitable creature to hunt.
And yes, I do struggle trying to keep it somewhat economic without humping kerberos 24/7 ;-)

Those UL Weapons you recommended, no point in getting them before I max them?

Once again. Thank you very much! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In your shoes, I would use the armor+plates you mentioned, and switch mobs so as to select targets that match some more-efficient guns. You have a lot of options as to which guns. Here are some suggestions:

Your top prof is Laser Sniper. You're almost to 30. Lean on laser and get that over with. Of course the occasional BLP is ok.

Many of the most exciting efficient lasers become efficient at 20 or 22. Mirath (L), Ozpyn (L), Modec (L), Kallous come to mind. There are more.

But almost the whole list are left in the dust by Bukin's Spare Rifle (the exception is Mirath Fatal Shot (L) if acquired at low markup). Bukins can handle a101. ZX Sink also works well on it. Fatal Shot takes a102. Fatal Shot is a bit wonky in that even maxed, its damage per shot is extremely unpredictable, necessitating a finisher. Bukins Spare rifle has no such issue - it amounts to an optimized, UL HK110 with much higher max TT value, and effectively fills the same niche in the game that Opalo filled in its heyday.

My best advice is to use Adj Pixe, 5B, Bukins Spare Rifle, a101 on whatever that setup will handle without necessitating too much healing - OR, if you want to help your Dmg prof catch up with your Hit prof, throw those dollars into a sib "Yes" healing tool and its decay. That said, you're already 26, so you're better off pushing Laser Sniper to 30 before you throw money down the fap chute.

Mmmm the amp question.

First off I'm a fan of laser, especially with amping. You get more uses from your amp if using a laser carbine rather than lots more smaller shoots with BLP, because generally laser weapons shoot big pulses of damage but slower.

But then something different happened in game a few of years ago, MA introduced the LC series (LC-100 LC-240 etc). Much faster yet more eco laser weapons. I don't think they were designed for amp use, well certainly not old school amps anyway.

I use those guns a lot and don't amp them.

That got me thinking, did MA play a clever little trick and basically force amps to be uneco under the hood, knowing that players are convinced amps are a must have. It would be a smart move if that were true.

I'm sure I will be slated to the max by the old school eco maths warriors, by suggesting not to use an amp at all. Although my eyes look at the world from a commercial business point of view. e.g. how does a company make money off me?

I guess you need to consider what weapon you are throwing an amp on.

I loved A105 with the old LR series weapons. Hard to get an A105 that's not been converted into a less eco amp such as adj imp mod A105 now.

But think about this, lets say MA has 'one' rule for paying back amp costs, and they set that rule based on the most eco amps in the game. What is the most eco amps in the game? The new 1 ped amps from the Mino amp trader. Which could mean (smiles), that all those A105 A106's are 'now' not as good in comparison.

Oh dear what a mind f**k it all is. I've dropped amps from my hunting, my tin foil hat is glowing red hot with thought analysis.

Does it matter though? Run a standard L weapon and you get paid the TT cost, run a 1 ped gun you don't....lol. I've shoot enough ammo to know that's true.

Rick
My own results would seem to at least partly confirm your conjecture about amps, at least when levelling up is part of the main goal. It needs testing in the never-mind-levelling scenario.

I'd say you're hunting waaaaay too big for your skills, setup and, most likely, budget.

Stick to things you can hunt naked and without having to heal between less than every 5 kills.

I am level 55 and wouldn't touch LT young myself, without an eco ~75 DPS setup and a five digit PED budget for ammo cycling.

You are onto something imo. This is mobs with huge HP and they hit low so many ppl that can't hunt this big mob normally do it now during migration. For people that are used to killing 4-5k hp mobs and know how big the loot swings can be it's not a biggie and they normally don't whine much about it but those that are not claim bad loot during migration.. For most of these cases they don't consider that the mob is a lot bigger than what they normally hunt and that the down period will be longer than usual.. I can have loooong bad periods on a 3k hp mob and I have a pretty efficient setup and use maxed gear. Now during migration I hunt 5k++ hp mobs and I know that these bad periods can be even longer. If you have a healthy ped card just go on but I would not suggest hunting LT with anything less than a 10-15k buffer

rule of thumb - if it takes longer than 30 seconds to kill any mob then you have the wrong setup or you are too low skilled - i suggest better armour with your dps may help but again you are losing money on decay - you should be able to hunt young LT at your level - personally i think it is pay to play so you should getter better returns than me on young LT - I am level 40 sword and with amp and enhancers it takes about 15 seconds for me to kill one but i get average returns with an occasional global -

you are all free to comment :)

the key is grinding - if you can kill 1000 LT young with your setup without too much decay then it is about right - but hey EU is dynamic :)

rule of thumb - if it takes longer than 30 seconds to kill any mob then you have the wrong setup or you are too low skilled - i suggest better armour with your dps may help but again you are losing money on decay - you should be able to hunt young LT at your level - personally i think it is pay to play so you should getter better returns than me on young LT - I am level 40 sword and with amp and enhancers it takes about 15 seconds for me to kill one but i get average returns with an occasional global -

Well, what ive figured out so far is that my current "way" of hunting is somewhat working for me from certain aspects, but its far from good nor optimized.

And yes, I totally agree about the "pay to play", When I joined Entropia I never expected to fully manage or experience the game without some deposits. So the issue is never that i NEED to deposit.
So the advices/help im searching for is rather regarding "when" I deposit, where would those peds/deposit make best use for me.
If Id become a better hunter by just depositing and buying flashy guns id be a Jedi Master by now ;-)

Back