Excavation speed + Faster reload

Asqius

Provider
Society
Prospectus Nexus
Jesse Asqius Crown
I used to be sure "Faster reload" buff improves the speed of your excavator and thus excavation speed. However, last night after some testing I realized the buff has zero impact on my excavator's "reload" and it's speed.

I use Improved excavator - 24 uses per minute

I also recently bought imp ares and a thorifoid helm for combined reload increase of 13%, but to my surprise I wasn't able to pull off more than 24 uses per minute.

I made this post to share my findings as in my opinion the common belief is that reload increases excavation speed. Also if you are willing to test for yourself with some other excavators/buff items and confirm my findings, that would be great.

I've done a similar test.

Reported it to MA as a bug. Case was closed with some bs "thank you" response. Got the same response for a RT pvp4 bug that allowed me to fly vehicles in some spots of pvp4.

Neither have been fixed.

So there is a chance that there are other items which don't benefit from the faster reload buffs.

Why am I not surprised?

lol

It's likely that only weapons get the bonus, and nothing else. (Too be honest, I've suspected, but been afraid to test)

Faster mining? Nope.

Excavating? Whoops

Harvesting? *Pfft* who cares?

Faps? Ha!

Which unfortunately seems to be MA's thing lately: hunting, hunting, hunting. Oh yeah there's some other parts of the game, but since ours stats show hunting is the biggest activity by far, F*ck the others.

Milking the cash cow, instead of recognizing an opportunity to improve the other activities (improve, not slaughter their MU potential) and potentially increase revenue over multiple veins.

Obviously, I'm hoping I'm wrong and other items do have increased speed vs their use/min stats as they should, but...

Every equipped item with a reload speed should be affected.

Yeah I've thought the same but never tested, it does say 'reload' and not 'cooldown' or 'use speed' so MA can do whatever they want lol

Yeah I've thought the same but never tested, it does say 'reload' and not 'cooldown' or 'use speed' so MA can do whatever they want lol

After I noticed that an imp.Ares+Z2 reload combo doesn't do anything to my knife, I assumed just that, that "reload" literally means guns. Never did a proper test, but it's hard to not notice +24% speed without any special testing.

Milking the cash cow, instead of recognizing an opportunity to improve the other activities (improve, not slaughter their MU potential) and potentially increase revenue over multiple veins.
You forgot this is a business...

After I noticed that an imp.Ares+Z2 reload combo doesn't do anything to my knife, I assumed just that, that "reload" literally means guns. Never did a proper test, but it's hard to not notice +24% speed without any special testing.

100% affects all weapons.

I have Imp Survival 7 knife; it's easy to test if you get an APM boost with Ares or Thorifoid helmet or pills - as its base APM is already 100, any reload buff adds damage rather than speed.

T5 knife + IV amp = 83 max damage (42*1.5 + 20). Yet with buffs, I regularly get damages over 90.

I think MA could clarify buffs by assigning them "Combat", "Passive", "Utility" for different buff types and their effect.

EDIT:

Conversion factor, FYI:

(Max Dmg * ((APM*Buff)/60))/(APM/60)

So (20% reload buff):

83*((100*1.2)/60))/(100/60)

= 99.6.

Last edited:
You forgot this is a business...

The exact opposite. That comment of mine you quoted was meant to imply that MA are using a poor, but commonly used, business strategy. It's a poor short term solution.

RL example: Morton Salt Co. does salt and only salt. Their cash cow is and always will be basic iodized table salt. However, their expertise in salt and understanding that other options lead to more customers lead them into making and offering other salt options. Ice cream, rock, sea, kosher, etc. etc. (But this part may take us off topic, so moving on)

On another note: Aio, wicked weapon setup you've created. :)
Good to hear the buffs affect all weapons, BUT what about anything else?

Last edited:
On another note: Aio, wicked weapon setup you've created. :)
Good to hear the buffs affect all weapons, BUT what about anything else?

It's awesome until you look at returns thanks to the 2.45 dmg/pec (at level 100 hit & dmg) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

AFAIK buffs do not affect fapping, mining or crafting. I have a feeling they affect scanners, weirdly though - perhaps because scanners interact with mobs/players?

Like I said, it'd be great if MA could segment the buffs into a type (combat for reload buff for example).

Speed enhancers dont seem to work either..

yea iw as wondering about this i added speed enhancer to mine which has 27 uses a minute and it did nothing for the uses per minute.

I can confirm it does make harvesting faster reload.

Are you just looking at the reload animation or the pull speed. When using my harvester on tree's I can not see a increase in speed if i use the reload animation.. but there are times where i will see resource in loot and no animation from the tool. Will try and make a video of what im seeing to see if that is the case with and without the 15% reload speed.

SpikE

yea iw as wondering about this i added speed enhancer to mine which has 27 uses a minute and it did nothing for the uses per minute.

speed enhancers boost the volume of resources consumed... not the speed of the uses.

reload speed affects the uses per minute..

speed enhancers affect the number of ores pulled with each use.

So, pill and ring reload buffs and speed enhancers do work on mining? Also Yog excavator speed buff?

So, pill and ring reload buffs and speed enhancers do work on mining? Also Yog excavator speed buff?
Nope, only pet

And speed enhancers are broken. At least on some excavators

Reactions: Arm
Back