Why the underwhelming migration this year?

Exactly what I think is going on, and seems they are trying it with everything, what is the biggest amount of profitable stuff they can reduce (maturity loot diversity, intruduction of crapnels, ... ) and see if addicts are still playing.
Next to introducing pay-to-loot items (aka boxes).
And indeed, loot wise this is the worst migration since 2011.
Maybe they're seeing if people will keep grinding event mobs even if there's nothing worthwhile to loot.

Exactly what I think is going on, and seems they are trying it with everything, what is the biggest amount of profitable stuff they can reduce (maturity loot diversity, intruduction of crapnels, ... ) and see if addicts are still playing.

Maybe lootwise it's worse for you guys but I see an increase of 15% in TT return for me, still losing a bit tho

Maybe they're seeing if people will keep grinding event mobs even if there's nothing worthwhile to loot.

I still can't figure out why players even participate in migration. No prizes, absolutely terrible markup in the loot, and bad returns in general. Seriously just go grind an LA for a prize or something instead.

Migration is a huge waste of peds

back in vu8 I remember the bot invasions and the migration that with no event prizes or skill gain people it would still be packed as people just did it for fun.

I can finally solo Eomon guardians without a fapper.......I had been building up for a few years now, you would think I would be more excited to hunt.

The excitement is so great, I have played far more fallout 4, battlefield 4 and total war games than migration hunting.

...For the time spent, hunting anymore is boring as hell. Its not even the peds, I have enough to keep shooting for many more hours. Just don't know what else to say....hunting has me literally drifitng asleep within the hour most days, while other games I can stay directly active mentally for hours on end.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Bit of irony in all this..

Complain about tt returns.. they offer buffs and accessories to help with that.

Complain about lower and infrequent hofs because said increase eco means less peds in the pool because people grind more.

Derp.

Shy, we need that backwards hat meme pic right meow!

(And yes migration sucks, but other than the elm rain or ul gear rain at the start, isn't this always what you guys mention?)

I still can't figure out why players even participate in migration. No prizes, absolutely terrible markup in the loot, and bad returns in general. Seriously just go grind an LA for a prize or something instead.

Before we drift further into conspiracy theories, let me ask you both something.

If you were MA, what would you put in the eomon/LT loot table?

Here are some options:

1) ESIs, these are already being looted at a decent rate from eomon afaik

2) Oils, again already being looted, and already at garbage markup

3) Rare UL Items, ok, have fun dealing with the "BUT MY INVESTMENT!!!! :mad:" crowd.

4) (L) Gear. Most (L) Weapons are already worthless because of the flooding of ELMs last year. Now MA finally wised up and throttled the drop rate.

One thing has always been clear to me in my limited hunting experience. If a mob is overhunted (like say... being hunted by 90% of the playerbase), the loot goes to shit.

Did anyone really expect Mindark to bend the rules and infuse the loot pool of migration mobs with nice stuff? I don't understand your logic.

Hunting is by far the most popular profession; any easily accessible markup introduced would be crushed into nothingness in no time at all. Point being, I don't think there is an easy solution for MA.

Before we drift further into conspiracy theories, let me ask you both something.

If you were MA, what would you put in the eomon/LT loot table?

Here are some options:

1) ESIs, these are already being looted at a decent rate from eomon afaik

2) Oils, again already being looted, and already at garbage markup

3) Rare UL Items, ok, have fun dealing with the "BUT MY INVESTMENT!!!! :mad:" crowd.

4) (L) Gear. Most (L) Weapons are already worthless because of the flooding of ELMs last year. Now MA finally wised up and throttled the drop rate.

One thing has always been clear to me in my limited hunting experience. If a mob is overhunted (like say... being hunted by 90% of the playerbase), the loot goes to shit.

Did anyone really expect Mindark to bend the rules and infuse the loot pool of migration mobs with nice stuff? I don't understand your logic.

Hunting is by far the most popular profession; any easily accessible markup introduced would be crushed into nothingness in no time at all. Point being, I don't think there is an easy solution for MA.

Must spread legs before giving zpf reputation.. +1

Absolutely correct. It's all simple math.

This is why mindark needs to increase demand in consumables and not simply restrict supply or put all the eggs in a new upgrade system.

This is all why events tend to just be ammo and Shrapnel at the end of the day.. or already markup less oils like pancake or kidney.. because it does not melt down the economy.

What did you all think was going to happen because of all the buffs, rings, and such? Less money spilling into the loot pool. Plus, not much of the resources are getting burned up like oils and wools. The cycle of life with the professions is disrupted.
or from my perspective,
"[System]: You must have a rare ring equipped to viably compete in this event."

the thing is: every (!) other company sometimes uses a little bit of their marketing money to invest in some nice things for the community. MA never does that. the prices they give out on events is paid by the player base. there is never really anything nice that you get for free as a marketing gag. there could be a monthly lottery or something where a random player, or lets say one in each profession who hunted / mined / crafted for at least 10 days in the month (to be eligable) gets a cld. thats 3 cld or something similar a month. that would results in not even 600$ a month for a very nice promotion. i dont know any company that would profit that much from such a low budget.

the thing is: every (!) other company sometimes uses a little bit of their marketing money to invest in some nice things for the community. MA never does that. the prices they give out on events is paid by the player base. there is never really anything nice that you get for free as a marketing gag. there could be a monthly lottery or something where a random player, or lets say one in each profession who hunted / mined / crafted for at least 10 days in the month (to be eligable) gets a cld. thats 3 cld or something similar a month. that would results in not even 600$ a month for a very nice promotion. i dont know any company that would profit that much from such a low budget.

That's not mindark's responsibility. They own the platform and market it to those that can build planets or other applications with it. It is the planet partners responsibility to market, hold events, etc. Blame them.. blame calypso specifically for their planning of the migration.

And let's be realistic here.. advertising is extremely expensive. None of the planets make enough to really put the advertising where it needs to be. That's why I've said the affiliate link stuff needs implemented because they likely can do better to the point of almost a cult.

Must spread legs before giving zpf reputation.. +1

Absolutely correct. It's all simple math.

This is why mindark needs to increase demand in consumables and not simply restrict supply or put all the eggs in a new upgrade system.

This is all why events tend to just be ammo and Shrapnel at the end of the day.. or already markup less oils like pancake or kidney.. because it does not melt down the economy.

I wouldn't have changed the loot at all.. But maybe offered some instance versions of migration for players to compete in for prizes. You change the loot table and whatever you add crashes within 2 days anyways.

Personally I won't ever compete in migration, so idgaf. And... This game is entirely broken until we get a crafting overhaul and something is done about TT gambling crafters.

Seen one Longtooth, seen 'em all.

Lets see something new Mindark!!

(Something needs to be done about the requirements for Hussk compared to Kong on Rocktropia too)

Suggestion - forget the blood samples, 500k sweat. Job done (Yes, I'm biased but it'll work)

As this is posted in Dev's corner there is a 5% chance someone from MA might read it.

Last edited:
Seen one Longtooth, seen 'em all.

Lets see something new Mindark!!

(Something needs to be done about the requirements for Hussk compared to Kong on Rocktropia too)

Suggestion - forget the blood samples, 500k sweat. Job done (Yes, I'm biased but it'll work)

As this is posted in Dev's corner there is a 5% chance someone from MA might read it.

Saw Ludvig on here earlier today :wtg:

Last edited:
Saw Ludwig on here earlier today :wtg:

I was sort of hoping someone would print my message on A3 and put it on a noticeboard in Sweden, but you dont need to be MENSA member (hi e-lite!) to work out Kong works & Hussk doesn't.

Migration is bread and water, others remember surprises and stuff happening - named Argonauts, Warlocks etc. Maybe even an orb or two?

Time for some Jam - I like raspberry but strawberry will suffice. :silly2:

Not sure why to be honest, but for myself at least there is nothing interesting in the loot on them. There are E.L.M weapons of course but there are still heaps left from last migration :laugh:, as for UL drops any fap that drops will be kinda useless compared to the upgraded emk's, weapons by the upgraded handguns (and people see more coming, rifles, swords etc).

Normally i go to Caly for migration, but this year just hasn't interested me. Although to be fair have been playing other stuff last couple months, upgraded computer and playing stuff in high detail that before i couldn't.

Shared Loot event just spawned West of Fort Argus (by the beach, like last year) @ 743 x 926

Old Fred
Longtooth Stalker
Longtooth Matriarch
Longtooth Patriarch
Longtooth Goliath
Eomon Matriarch
Eomon Mammoth

All shared loot.

Shared Loot event just spawned West of Fort Argus (by the beach, like last year) @ 743 x 926

Old Fred
Longtooth Stalker
Longtooth Matriarch
Longtooth Patriarch
Longtooth Goliath
Eomon Matriarch
Eomon Mammoth

All shared loot.

Why, why why am I working today... Hope there will be some loot left later tonight.

Hey devs,

Any plan for this weekend? Old Fred was awesome. Maybe huge spider robots this time?

thx :)

Reactions: Ted
Nice, huge atrox this time.

Thanks calypso team :)

Let me fix that for you:

Maybe they're seeing if people will keep grinding e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ mobs even if there's nothing worthwhile to loot.

I still can't figure out why players even participate in m̶i̶g̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ EU. No prizes, absolutely terrible markup in the loot, and bad returns in general. Seriously just go g̶r̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶L̶A̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ do something else instead.

M̶i̶g̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ EU is a huge waste of peds

Back