Unique rings

Nunoko

Provider
For some strange reason, I have a feeling that all unique rings and event unique rings will become 100 ped or so when they have milked out there players and release the time base decay system, making use of this ring less eco.
Along with a craft/combine system to make new or upgraded rings from lower tier rings, how worthwile will it be?

I find it very interesting to pay now for a 30k unique ring which will be 500~ or so ped in a few years.

What will Mind Ark do?

Mindark will keep doing what they are doing, and the player base will adapt :p

If there is supply and demand, then the ring can be worth whatever it is someone is willing to pay for it at the time...

For example, how much would you pay for a 1990's laptop or even a cellphone? Maybe less than 200 euros or 20 euros, depending on it's condition (and im going overprice). but remember at the time they costed a big buck...

Supply and demand :p

I find it very interesting to pay now for a 30k unique ring which will be 500~ or so ped in a few years.

A 30k investment that will slowly decline over the course of years is a drop in the bucket for hunters that are cycling 20k+ PED per day.

As for the rest... it's their money, why are you worried about them? :laugh:

If there is supply and demand, then the ring can be worth whatever it is someone is willing to pay for it at the time...

For example, how much would you pay for a 1990's laptop or even a cellphone? Maybe less than 200 euros or 20 euros, depending on it's condition (and im going overprice). but remember at the time they costed a big buck...

Yeah, and the supply of rings is increasing while demand is decreasing. I just find something that is unique should be and feel unique.

A 30k investment that will slowly decline over the course of years is a drop in the bucket for hunters that are cycling 20k+ PED per day.

As for the rest... it's their money, why are you worried about them? :laugh:

I am worried that these rich people will eventually move on while new fresh rich people skip this game if the game's economy is dropping. We may get Rothchild that will buy everything when everyone bails out but who knows...

At which point were you led to believe that these rings were unique? No one ever said that except for the ones specifically marked unique.. and they are. Granted those rings are crap compared to easter and summer but unique all the same (and not dropping).

Buying stuff new is like buying a new car. It will decline in value and you are a fool to think otherwise. You're buying a tool not a magical unicorn. The only things that hold value are the items that do not change hands often and give advantages and are not replaced by new items. Imk2 (which has gone up in value a ton and then dropped), mm, etc.. the tools that gave some advantages in the dps events.

They've already said they will release amulets and also implement decay but you are silly to think the decay will be rediculous. It will likely be on par or less than the tt of the pills you already scarf down like a mindless drug addict.

Buying stuff new is like buying a new car

They've already said they will release amulets and also implement decay but you are silly to think the decay will be rediculous. It will likely be on par or less than the tt of the pills you already scarf down like a mindless drug addict.

I want to add another point of view.
Buying a ring is like buying a tractor not a car.You can put your tractor working the field.If you keep it in the garage it will devaluate anyway but if you have a field that needs to be cultivated your cost of production will be lower therefore the cost of your tractor will be amortized because you can generate profit from selling good cheaper than your competitor.

Still waiting for my 100 ped Summer / Easter ring :wtg:

Still waiting for my 100 ped Summer / Easter ring :wtg:

You can wait as long as you want while others fill their pockets.When your summer ring will be 100 ped there will be a winter ring worth 30k and so on.

Buying a ring is like buying a tractor not a car.You can put your tractor working the field.If you keep it in the garage it will devaluate anyway but if you have a field that needs to be cultivated your cost of production will be lower therefore the cost of your tractor will be amortized because you can generate profit from selling good cheaper than your competitor.

So you can't use a car to earn some money too? like a Taxi or Uber (app)?

So you can't use a car to earn some money too? like a Taxi or Uber (app)?

yes you can, same thing as a tractor.You get the point but 95% of hunters doesn't.

Won't these cars be very valuable in 50 years or so, if kept in good condition?

Unique or not, the value you get for them will probably outweight loss in price.

Hunters like Messi or Smilgs will probably make even that expensive ring in a week :D And then can sell for 1 PED and still profit :p

Unique or not, the value you get for them will probably outweight loss in price.

Hunters like Messi or Smilgs will probably make even that expensive ring in a week :D And then can sell for 1 PED and still profit :p

Faster reload seem is not what was intended to be or what was few VU back.
Not tested fully but faster reload is just that and not faster usage of harvesting tool, healing tool, excavators, scanners, crafting machines ect.
So if that is confirmed some rings lost half value already.

Not tested fully but faster reload is just that and not faster usage of harvesting tool, healing tool, excavators, scanners, crafting machines ect.

if fapping tools benefit from faster reload, that would be nice. Fappers need some love too.

if can guarantee to me it runs forever, A LOT, since it would run all the old games I can't play anymore.

So granted, supply and demand are a key factor in the pricing of things.

But MA seem to keep certain goods in a high value, Equus, Land Area's, Motherships, Shops, etc.
They don't release as much so it wouldn't destroy it's value, in fact it seems to have risen the price on these things.

But are those Unique rings, that drop only once also on this path? The summer ring and other seasonal rings seem to come in greater numbers with much better stats. What is MA thinking?

It's like they release a easy craftable Equus V2 limited with better stats when the space update arrives (if ever).

I would like to see unique rings (only one exists) to keep it's value, despite it stats are weaker.

I think the price players are willing to pay for the rings is always based on market. This is what they are willing to pay because it is worth that much to them as an investment. If they feel the rings will become worthless sooner than later they probably would not invest. My feeling is that fixing the decay on the rings is not a priority for MA right now. Fixing my booth should be further on top :laugh:

Ring? UL? only get fireworks :scratch2:

As some already mentioned, any of us have their own criteria of what is unique, what is priceless, what is expensive etc
I judge with my own financial criteria, so if I count only to that I will be wrong everytime. :laugh:
Rings will be always have some value ofc. What will be a year from now or next years? that depends of who's want or need 'em.

Last edited:
Rings will be always have some value ofc. What will be a year from now or next years? that depends of who's want or need 'em.

nope, as you can wear only two rings and they will have decay rings can easily become worthless when there are to many better rings

At which point were you led to believe that these rings were unique? No one ever said that except for the ones specifically marked unique.. and they are. Granted those rings are crap compared to easter and summer but unique all the same (and not dropping).

Buying stuff new is like buying a new car. It will decline in value and you are a fool to think otherwise. You're buying a tool not a magical unicorn. The only things that hold value are the items that do not change hands often and give advantages and are not replaced by new items. Imk2 (which has gone up in value a ton and then dropped), mm, etc.. the tools that gave some advantages in the dps events.

Amulets? Oh my... so what will happen if they release new rings every season, for the next 10 years. There will be so much buffs that boosts hunting. Will they change the loot/return system? How are ubers faring with these addictive buffs?

Browsing manny threads lately made me remember what my old mentor once
told me, and correct me if im wrong.
"Some people have 10 years of experience in their choosen doings, but most people
have 1 year of the same 10 times"
I strongly believe its a matter of talent.
So good luck to all and may the Force be with You and ofcourse "Valar Morghulis" ^^

For some strange reason, I have a feeling that all unique rings and event unique rings will become 100 ped or so when they have milked out there players and release the time base decay system, making use of this ring less eco.
Along with a craft/combine system to make new or upgraded rings from lower tier rings, how worthwile will it be?

What will Mind Ark do?

MA will drop as many rings as possible. So everybody will eventually be wearing rings.
The fact that MU on rings will drop is not a problem for MA. Maybe even better, because with low MU, more people will wear rings.
And as soon as everybody is wearing rings, then MA will introduce decay on the rings.
And there we have another nice cash cow.

MA will drop as many rings as possible. So everybody will eventually be wearing rings.
The fact that MU on rings will drop is not a problem for MA. Maybe even better, because with low MU, more people will wear rings.
And as soon as everybody is wearing rings, then MA will introduce decay on the rings.

and what is wrong with rings having decay?

they boost your performance be it dps, defense, move speed (to avoid hit at all) etc. why they should not have decay? the question is how is it done. it's easy to put "usage" on say ares, 10 000 uses of weapon or whatever tool that speed it boosts, but how about hermetic. run 10km and it decay to zero?:)

The unsaid part of this argument is that you only can produce cheaper than your competitor while they can't have the same tractor. When everybody has one, or at least many, your advantage is gone. So you really need to work it during that window of opportunity, and move on to something else the moment it becomes common. As long as you have the power to do that, you're good, but it's not advice for the general public. It only is for the satisfaction of rubbing their noses in their poverty.

What will Mind Ark do?

I think this post is weird for someone with barely 1 year of experience. Also you're, I think, confused with what's that an unique ring.

That being said, I agree some of them are overpriced. But only a couple.

And I will use amps as example. Initially we had pew-pew weapons which did damage. Then we had pew-pew weapons with amplifiers, some of them lootable some craftable. The lootable ones were tt'ish in price, except 105 and 106. Then craftable ones disappeared for years (20x series) when crafting got revamped. Then we had axe 1x0 to level the field. Then they saw that 80% of playerbase switched to 1x0 and argo or 1x0 and cornunda so they said is bugged and made it uneco. Then they introduced opalo as first SIB weapon and then its little brother the tt hg with SIB. What they didn't foresaw probably, were the funny chaps hunting ambus with tt hg+a106 or opalo amped parties taking down *anything*. So A105 was thousands and A106 or 204 tens of thousands. So then they implemented the rule that wep must do at least 200% dmg in order to benefit from the amp fully. So amps dropped some. Then largely cooled down economy so amps settled. But A101 became and still is a star at prices too high for new players. So they introduced it in loot. Then introduced amp upgrading and we see amps again in loot, even 20x series.

Was it a mistake for someone to pay, say, 20k for 204 amp in 2007-2008? Deffinitely, no. (L) were booming and selling like fresh bread and any, literally any, UL SIB looted was a small fortune. Right mobs right bankroll and you would recover that investition in couple of months.

Every period has its opportunities and will never exist an item which to keep its value guaranteed, no item ever did that in PE/EU. You have fluctuations, you must know your IRL and ingame bankroll and not risk more than you can afford to lose. And once you go over a certain threshold of invested money (and you're not some IRL billionaire), you owe yourself to be careful.

Amusing enough, I believe that Ares Improved are underrated. I sold mine for 850, now bought a new one 300 cheaper. Since in a low activity day I go through 4-500 peds of ammo, I will never regret this and it would have been good choice not even selling it initially. In the mean time I rolled more than 70k peds and for sure having that buff would have offset the 300 difference. Or even the full price. Also some of the other rings are underrated because crowd is crowd.

I believe MA will make buffs indispensable part of regular gameplay, just as they did with damage amplifiers. They do need to control somehow the skill inflation and my personal guess is that they will make hit skills largely redundant over certain thresholds. How will that happen, I have no idea. Ammo consumption to get a factor of efficiency buff-based or maybe regen dependant on dps, there are many possibilities.

The only one thing which I am really concerned about is that they seem to have forgotten crafting along the way. But probably they will hit us big time surprisingly, like they did so many times in past. Maybe ammo craftable exclusively or repair crafting-based exclusively, who knows. Thing is they *never* left any tier of skills & damage without own source of income and right now that is pretty much the case for under 40 dps or so, due to low MU, due itself to low appeal or crafting (no, I do not consider is EP's fault). But we will see.

It's perfect. Player deposit to loot ring, player deposit to buy ring, more rings, more deposit, value of ring go lower, eventually no chance of withdrawing as asset value washed away. Lucky looter of rings probably will waste there winnings on explosives as they got gambler mindset to take risk of looting ring at starting point, so no withdraw risk with them.

Last edited:
and what is wrong with rings having decay?

they boost your performance be it dps, defense, move speed (to avoid hit at all) etc. why they should not have decay? the question is how is it done. it's easy to put "usage" on say ares, 10 000 uses of weapon or whatever tool that speed it boosts, but how about hermetic. run 10km and it decay to zero?:)

Absolutely nothing wrong with decay. I was quite surprised about the fact that they didnt have decay to begin with.

My post was just my thought about how things will go with the rings.

First make the playerbase addicted to them and then add decay.

Faster reload doesn't works for fap tools? this is new to me, since i see everyday ppl advertising for 11% - 13% reload bonus.
Anyone can confirm ?

Back