Question: So... how are pirates aim these days?

Piotr

Elite
Society
BAHQ
Iveline Ivi Stockhouse
Was wondering about it for a while now that with next target being modified, how do pirates fares in battles now? What did u guys experience?

They have aim like Entropy on landgrab. In other words it's almost as safe to take quad as mothership now :)

Last edited:
I haven't encountered any recently (the space is a big and empty place) but Heiko Rat met one near CP last week; they shot her sleip but weren't able to hit her in the span of time it takes to suffocate. :cool:

Might of course be some coincidence (lag spike or whatever) as this sounds way too lame.

2 days ago i flyed on Foma, one guy shoot at me, i tried to avoid my quad, SI was almost destroyed, dunno how they shoot n do not miss.

AFIK next target has never done anything in space except select the next target.

AFIK next target has never done anything in space except select the next target.

The bug wasn't with next target, it was with select target; spamming it caused pseudo-auto-aim.

hmm. Ive spammed it in space before and you just fire wherever you are pointing. Not sure how that worked on planet.

hmm. Ive spammed it in space before and you just fire wherever you are pointing. Not sure how that worked on planet.

hahahahahaha, thx for making my day.. nothing like a wonnabe exploiter :D

They have aim like Entropy on landgrab. In other words it's almost as safe to take quad as mothership now :)

Definitely not this. They still get ya unless you get one of the wannabe pirates... which is fine for me since I never carry but pirates aren't learning yet.

My last experience - got hit 3 times while flying from Caly SS > CP (my usual tactic ;)). With a hit rate this low I doubt it could be any of the old pros. With or without cheats, their aim and maneuvering skill is not that bad.
Didn't have time to look who's after me during the flight but if it was the same guy who entered CP right after me, it was just another wannabe. Or maybe not even a wannabe pirate but just someone who wanted to have some fun and see what happens.

It would be very interesting to see how the old aces perform now though. I can bet they are missing more shots (unless you're flying in a straight line), and if so, getting away from a planet safely just got a lot easier. ;)

hahahahahaha, thx for making my day.. nothing like a wonnabe exploiter :D

not sure what you are getting at but I use hotkeys for both quite often while space hunting, not PVP.

I've actually detected the one pirate that would kill me for sure and zoomed right past him so it is a huge difference. Maybe it's just a matter of time until they adjust and find a way :)

I don't think "next target" was the issue in space ever. I had an encounter with one very known pirate recently and seems nothing changed. I didn't tried to make a loop or anything just to test he's aiming skills. But still seems to me there are using some exploits we most of us don't know.

Last edited:
I don't think "next target" was the issue in space ever. I had an encounter with one very known pirate recently and seems nothing changed. I didn't tried to make a loop or anything just to test he's aiming skills. But still seems to me there are using some exploits we most of us don't know.
Maybe. I don't have the "inside info" either.
Then again, have known some pretty amazing people who had amazing aim, lighting fast reaction and coordination - all 100% natural. If they weren't my close friends whom I personally knew I could swear it's not humanly possible to be so damn good, must be some kind of cheating involved.

It could be both ways, we'll never know...

Fact is.. there's not that many pirates left. Mindark might as well turn of lootable in space. Would bring in a lot of cash because then we can all massively hunt spacemobs.

The hardware matters as well. if someone has a top of the range gaming machine, they are going to do better in pvp than someone who does not have a fast gaming computer.

Fact is.. there's not that many pirates left. Mindark might as well turn of lootable in space. Would bring in a lot of cash because then we can all massively hunt spacemobs.

No-one uses PVP3,4 either because it's just too unprofitable to shoot empty players.

There are pirates still out there.. mostly around Caly. They can still shoot pretty accurately and can still take a slepnier or Quad down going between points at Caly (SS to CP or FOMA). Of course, you listen to them, they are making a killing off of the "Space Noobs" they kill but I think it's mostly talk.

Best to remain vigilant and keep you pockets empty when going into space. :wise:

Thought I could get from Calypso to Crystal Palace a pirate taught me otherwise :laugh:

#space_flight ~ open to all players. Travelers and pilots connecting to travel through space to other worlds.

Back