Ex professional Gamer looking to start this game seriously.

tristan

Hi there,

Firstly, I just downloaded the game today and pretty much know nothing of this game.

So not to waste anyone's time, but I heard you can make a bunch of money of this game?

I'm pretty much i'm looking for a an awesome mentor/guild/clan who will answer a heap of questions that i have about this game and help me start and progress. Also someone to truly take me under their wing and pretty much power level me to end game.

I know this is very cocky of me to say, but I am very confident of my skills and am wanting to get to the max lvl or end game cap ASAP and start making real money with my mentor. Having said that, i'll pretty much "be a slave" to the mentor until I learn the game properly. Then i will be a partner to the mentor on a 40-60 gain (the mentor being the 60).

I live in Australia with a 10+GMT timezone

To give you a inside hint of my gaming experience,

I was no.1 in a fighting game in australia,
Got top 20 teams in a WOW arena tournament.
AND have heaps heaps more gaming experience..... i will link all of it when i meet you.

Please contact/message me on Facebook, or email so we can talk some more.

- <removed link>

- <removed link>

thankyou.

Tristan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there.

I believe that your expectations about this game are very far from reality, most likely due to being severely misled by some combination of the extant information that makes its rounds of The Internets and by your significant experience in other games. Discard all that information, it's a handicap here.

That said, I see you choosing a strong winning approach. That willingness to ask that heap of questions is a giant strength. Welcome aboard.

Let's sort the most obvious bits first.

Separate earning from leveling from having some fun. They're 3 separate progressions, and don't contribute to one another much at all.

Earning potential is scarce here, but a skillful trader can do it.

A skilled gamer can find a hell of a lot of fun play in this game at any level.

Leveling is grindy as hell here. Without help (mostly advice) from mentors, plural, you'll get pretty lost in that regard. The more you apply your experience from other games, the more lost you'll get, because almost everything works backwards from how it should in this rabbit hole. You may or may not lose a bunch of money in the process of trying to level up; spending more generates only a slight increase in leveling rate (the true place for spending is to enable recreational activities at whatever your level happens to be).

Higher levels also don't help you earn. They open up more diversity in the recreational activities available to you.

I'm not just hearing the urge to earn in your words. I'm also hearing the urge to level, excel, and win.

I'm looking forward to seeing your questions. Rookie chat is the place to start. These forums make great reading material too.

:headbang:

am wanting to get to the max lvl or end game cap ASAP and start making real money with my mentor. Then i will be a partner to the mentor on a 40-60 gain (the mentor being the 60).

Tristan.

These two parts here could be a problem depending on what your expectations are.
First wanting to get to "end game" asap....there are only a few people that I have met personally that are anywhere near close to "end game", however that is also only in one profession (hunting) and they can still level up more in that profession...just not much added benefit at this time. If they get bored of hunting and want to switch to mining or crafting....they are only around "mid game"...then if they wanted to be a beautician, they are low level again. There are many different ways to progress but don't expect to get "end game" anytime soon, some of these players have been playing for 10 years and not even there.

The second part about a 60-40% profit split. That's a nice thought but remember, profit is indeed a hard thing to make enough of to warrant a share like that. To go down that route you would have to be looking at owning Land Areas or hosting events of some kind. The problem with the Land Areas, is that one person hold's the deed. So if you go in with someone on that Land deed and they are the one holding it, you had better trust them completely, because one day they could decide to just cash out of this game and you have no recourse.

Also be careful when it comes to trusting people, remember this is a virtual environment and you never know who you are really dealing with (unless they are your friends in real life and you have been to their house, etc) never give anything to anyone without collateral otherwise you have to consider it gone. They may not return it and in Mind Ark's eyes, all trades are final so you have no recourse.

But otherwise good luck and I hope you enjoy your time here. Remember no question is a dumb question when it comes to an RCE game (No matter what rookie chat may say...half of those people are trolls, the other half are great people like Lefty above who will give you sound advice)

Welcome to the most difficult game you've ever played.

My advice is to research and learn as much as possible before spending cash.

Best of luck!

Edit: If you want to see what getting to uber levels requires, check out Longtime's log. There isn't necessarily a level cap in EU... but your skill compared to the skill of other players does make a difference.

If you want to start making a profit right away I can assure you that won't happen w/o a significant investment (think hundreds/thousands of $). However, I know many players, myself included, who got started with about a $100 depo and then added $30 each month and are now self-sufficient and making withdrawals from time to time. Gameplay like this is slow, but it takes years to achieve higher levels w/o going broke.

Last edited:
and most of all: just cos ur cs pro or cod pro or whatever skill based game pro... skills dont matter a single (!) bit in this game. its all about money in ur pocket. you want to have a chance to earn "maybe" 100 bucks a day? then get ready investing at least 100k$ into this game for an unsure profit,.

Hi there,

Firstly, I just downloaded the game today and pretty much know nothing of this game.

So not to waste anyone's time, but I heard you can make a bunch of money of this game?

I'm pretty much i'm looking for a an awesome mentor/guild/clan who will answer a heap of questions that i have about this game and help me start and progress. Also someone to truly take me under their wing and pretty much power level me to end game.

I know this is very cocky of me to say, but I am very confident of my skills and am wanting to get to the max lvl or end game cap ASAP and start making real money with my mentor. Having said that, i'll pretty much "be a slave" to the mentor until I learn the game properly. Then i will be a partner to the mentor on a 40-60 gain (the mentor being the 60).

AND have heaps heaps more gaming experience..... i will link all of it when i meet you.

- Tristankilpatrick123@Hotmail.com

- https://www.facebook.com/tristan.kilpatrick

thankyou.

Tristan.

Seems like a dedicated person that likes to play games :)

Welcome to EU and if you need any real advice from a player thats actually doing well Id be happy to help you out from time to time (though be aware that it costs both time and money to reach endgame in this game)

//Aurora Linzey Zamperath

Get someone who profits regularly and listen to him. Also be prepared for a massive investment in the game before you can profit like him.

These people do exist besides all the whining you will read on forums.

Welcome to the universe and good luck :)

Earning potential is possible here, but you should be prepared to invest $1k's (if not $10k's) to get there, or a significant amount of time, or both.

Hello there.

I believe that your expectations about this game are very far from reality, most likely due to being severely misled by some combination of the extant information that makes its rounds of The Internets and by your significant experience in other games. Discard all that information, it's a handicap here.

That said, I see you choosing a strong winning approach. That willingness to ask that heap of questions is a giant strength. Welcome aboard.

Let's sort the most obvious bits first.

Separate earning from leveling from having some fun. They're 3 separate progressions, and don't contribute to one another much at all.

Earning potential is scarce here, but a skillful trader can do it.

A skilled gamer can find a hell of a lot of fun play in this game at any level.

Leveling is grindy as hell here. Without help (mostly advice) from mentors, plural, you'll get pretty lost in that regard. The more you apply your experience from other games, the more lost you'll get, because almost everything works backwards from how it should in this rabbit hole. You may or may not lose a bunch of money in the process of trying to level up; spending more generates only a slight increase in leveling rate (the true place for spending is to enable recreational activities at whatever your level happens to be).

Higher levels also don't help you earn. They open up more diversity in the recreational activities available to you.

I'm not just hearing the urge to earn in your words. I'm also hearing the urge to level, excel, and win.

I'm looking forward to seeing your questions. Rookie chat is the place to start. These forums make great reading material too.

:headbang:

Great post man sums it up

Welcome :)
I paste/copy a sentence of another post of mine to a new player like you "..-Entropia have no other MMO alike for comparison. It is unique. So any other MMO experience doesn't have much use. Even VU's are kept secret because this is RCE and nobody should have advantage against all the others."
Beware. Since you tag yourself as a "Pro" gamer! This tag have no value here.

If you want to make a good start do those steps
1. Study about Entropia from every possible source (up to date) you can find on the net
2. Find a good society that accepts and helps new players
3. Find a good mentor

Good Luck

Sounds like you have a lot more research to do before deciding whether to get serious about this game. Best of luck.

The single most important piece of advice I can offer you:

Don't believe anything anyone tells you, unless they have hard data to back it up. Roughly 9 out of 10 people you talk to will have no idea what they're talking about.

The most valuable currency in EU is information. Don't expect anyone to give it to you for free.

Don't believe anything anyone tells you, unless they have hard data to back it up. Roughly 9 out of 10 people you talk to will have no idea what they're talking about.

The most valuable currency in EU is information. Don't expect anyone to give it to you for free.

Exactly this. There are people who have played for a few years and yet to master the game, in terms of what to do when and where.

Thats cos most people do not share the info that gives them the edge here. At least not easily.

I remember a miner, who told his disciple where to mine for particular ore (lets call it X), when it had decent markup some years ago. Within a very short time, that info was in public (I think in this forum itself), and that area became hard to mine in cos of the hordes who descended trying to get X. And the markup cratered soon after.

If you want to know how to profit, be prepared to do alot of research, and talk to alot of people, and experiment to make sure your experience matches what you hear.

By the way, you said you wanted to play at the max level. As far as we know, there are no level caps. Of course to get to around level 100, you either going to spend alot of money buying skills or grinding for years. Not to mention good gear easily cost 1000s of dollars.

You can profit from this game, but don't expect it to be an easy matter.

Welcome to Entropia Universe, and have fun :)

Hi there,

- Tristankilpatrick123@Hotmail.com

- https://www.facebook.com/tristan.kilpatrick

thankyou.

Tristan.

I think you have potential however EU is not like any other game you might have played.This takes a lot of time and budget, patience and hard work.
I was only 2300 rated shaman on 3v3 on ICC season, he he.
Good luck !

hmm... fb link already doesn't work?

Just shoot, keep moving and spam the melle attack button and you will be fine :handgun:
Just understand that jump don't work like in other games. :rocket:

And he hasnt been online to the forum since he made this thread.

When he made this thread his first post wasn't visible. In fact only the thread title was there and nothing else in the thread at all i.e. no posts. Attempting to post a reply brought up an error message. I reported the problem to admin...

Anyway since he is new to the game and forum post apparently invisible. he may have got tired and just left :)

Have played many games and still play a few.

Entropia Universe is the most challenging, interesting and fun.

#space_flight ~ bringing space service providers and travelers together

I'd like to add, if you're in this game for profit, you have to think of it as strategy/investment game rather than MMO.

To profit you have to be willing to do your research and find a "winning" strategy (what mobs to hunt, what area to mine, what item to craft, what gear to use etc.) and once you find something that yields profit, you grind the crap out of it.

As far as endgame goes, here everything is available for money including skills. So if you have unlimited funds to invest you can basically become the most skilled and uber player in a day, though, how rational that is it's another question.

Just learn the game step by step as there are tons of professions and things to do and find something that works for you.

/my 2 cents

Caps: There are none.

... am wanting to get to the max lvl or end game cap ASAP
Responding in pieces to improve my accuracy:

Page 1 of this thread is all true. :beerchug: Cheers all, excellent work.
But I have notes to make on 3 of the points I found in it:

- Societies. Don't hurry. Jumping into a society right away is a recipe for a less than optimal social experience. Wait until you've made a bunch of friends via the normal course of play, especially via chat, and when a bunch of your friends that you share common activities with are in a society that has a name you love, join it. That method works.

- Mentors. Becoming a disciple of a mentor is an integral part of the early game experience. But contrary to the most widespread wisdom, getting a mentor immediately is actually less advantageous than waiting til you've got your roots down properly in the community and your mind around the oddities of this rabbit hole we call a game. Completing discipleship gets you one of the best beginner armors in the game, and a handy 4x4, but it also takes a lot of time-consuming grinding. That grind is best begun -after- you're oriented, because while you're getting oriented, you'll spend most of your time on activities that don't bring in much skill gain, and that's a good thing. And having some skills before you enter discipleship speeds progress during discipleship slightly. There is a limit to this effect: your mentor must have significantly higher skills than you, and it is possible to wait too long and not be able to become a disciple. I've met two people in my 8 years of play who did that.
Mentoring is one of my specialties as a player, to the point where I act as a mentor to mentors. The essence of mentoring is to coach your disciples, provide information and ways to access more information, be a sounding board for your disciples to bounce their ideas and questions off of, and provide reality checks and perspective. The mechanic supporting mentoring does not support any of that. It is possible to graduate from discipleship if you have looted a kill once while in a team with your mentor. That's the only thing you can't do without him.

- Caps. Skill caps, standing caps, end game caps, max level, all that. We don't have that. This game does not provide caps on things.
There is a logarithmic balance in skill gain which causes skilling to be more difficult, more costly, and more time consuming the higher you get. This dynamic creates a practical cap based on each player's real life situation. And I have seen convincing charts demonstrating a gradual slowing in the effect of some skills which predicts a possible point near professional level 200 after which increased standing in that profession won't give any benefit.
Weapons and tools have professional standings at which one gets the maximum benefit that weapon or tool can provide. Fists and MindForce max out not higher than level 50, Laser and BLP guns max out not higher than 120, other weapon types max out not higher than 100. But there are two things called "max":
- Actual maximization happens when stats like "hit", "damage", "search depth" reach a-b/a-b. Where a stat is expressed in the form a-b/c-d, c-d are the endpoints of the range the weapon can normally provide, and a-b are the endpoints of the range you can get from it. When the two ranges are equal, your relevant professional standings are adequate to get the most that weapon can give. Weapons/tools that have a "Skilling Period" (a dinosaur of a mechanic that no longer does very much), a maxed weapon/tool will have a line saying "Not Anymore".
There's another thing named "max". MindArk in their infinite wisdom has seen fit to label progress towards the minimum skills required to use a weapon or tool "max". While that line in Item Info shows less than 100% progress, using that item results in halved economic efficiency. Skilling Period of such an item says "Not Yet".

Welcome to our reality. I can't wait to see Page Two.

You've been playing poker. The game here is slots.

You've been playing poker. The game here is slots.

Actually the game is a lot like poker however your approach on poker is completely wrong.Poker is not a luck game but I'm sure you play it like that :)
Good luck.

where the profit ? they all count what they can "cash out" but can they cashout anything?

this is all bs, only space left is for people to pay...not profit, they already sold 50% of profit to players, only 50% left, and top player own most of it, so what ? you ll invest 100k on what's left ? that does mean 5% of it (total)? where s the profit, again? what do u expect, it's over

A few tips.

Use main dps weapon and a finisher weapon. Don't over kill. Over 1000 kills this tactic can save you a few hundred peds.

Sweat a mob dry, it will take time but the ped you get for sweat covers 50%-75% of the cost to kill the mob.
Very effective at low levels.

Getting globals while playing eco seems to work to grow stronger and allows you to keep cycling loot tickets. Just gotta get lucky.

Where 's OP actually? did he came back after opening this thread? or we writing our ideas just for read each other? Because I have the feeling the sec is happening here :laugh:

subscription removed

The facebook link doesn't link to anything btw.

Forgot anything about standard fps or arena style fighting games - EU is not built for that style of combat it's more similar to the old text based adventure games. For me combat in EU has always felt like slow and cumbersome compared to even UT2003 / 5 which for me were and still are a far superior combat experience.

K said it best

The facebook link doesn't link to anything btw.

Forgot anything about standard fps or arena style fighting games - EU is not built for that style of combat it's more similar to the old text based adventure games. For me combat in EU has always felt like slow and cumbersome compared to even UT2003 / 5 which for me were and still are a far superior combat experience.

K said it best

FB link works for me <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back