Right now, Entropias economy is at its lowest..

Enhancements need a revamp, 75% of the people who play don't use it cause it's expensive without getting results directly. Only ubers seem to see/feel a difference.

that because dmg enhancers are only valuable on uber eco weapons.. and accuracy enhancers are only good if you have enough +crit dmg.

I bring up the same thing I have said many times before, we need more decay on items like cloth, vehicles and furtinure and they need to be limited. I would like a time-based decay in addition to normal decay, or a simple time limit. For example, two years after an item is crafted, it will stop working and you must replace it. It's very hard to keep up the demand in an economy if stuff are unlimited and can be used for ever.

I bring up the same thing I have said many times before, we need more decay on items like cloth, vehicles and furtinure and they need to be limited. I would like a time-based decay in addition to normal decay, or a simple time limit. For example, two years after an item is crafted, it will stop working and you must replace it. It's very hard to keep up the demand in an economy if stuff are unlimited and can be used for ever.

In the long run you'll end up in a game where nobody wears cloths and houses are nothing more than empty shells.

Well, maybe you know people. I'm not an uber or anything, I don't have everyone on my FL, however I am a hunter, and I sell the most generic hunting loot you could get (Oils and components). Yet it takes a long while to find a buyer, and further, they give me a very low price for it. When I go to buy an SIB weapon, I have to pay 115%+ MU...

lol welcome to the migration and dont forget entropia is dynamic ... not static :laugh:

that because dmg enhancers are only valuable on uber eco weapons.. and accuracy enhancers are only good if you have enough +crit dmg.

Well, what makes that statement true is because that's where the enhancers are priced at.. for those people. Making them a losing proposition for everyone else.

In the long run you'll end up in a game where nobody wears cloths and houses are nothing more than empty shells.

Why not? Cloth and vehicles is not that expansive, if you can use them for as long time as one-two years.

See but you don't know that. Some pay to change their ava's face or whatever and that costs decay. You earn nothing by changing your ava but some people do it.

Entropia was always like this. You always had to spend shitload of time figuring out what to do, at what speed etc.

Because you see at some point I ended up with 100 ped tt of molisk teeth (650% MU at the time) but I had to spend a freaking week to sell them because that was the craft speed..

you all there, giving advices, do this do that, but we know it's over, 95% pay for the 5% that have invested, somehow, how long will you convince ppl to pay for you ?

with your cld or aera,or equipment, become market representative for MA, but ll never get it back, rich dumbasses

Help Me Mr. Wizard! I wan't to be a rich dumbass, but all I can muster is dumbass.

I think.

Please define rich and dumbass so I can make sure what categories I am in :scratch2:

Die,burn and so on
He who laughs last, laughs best.

did you join PCF just to troll and post random incoherent bs about how we're all screwed?

This is like some cryptic kestukas bs all over again but more negative this time

This is the end, that s it

Your not contributing...if you think its the end then just leave...the sky has been falling for 10 years apparently, yet the game is still around.

Right, first of all - OP posted that his stuff doesn't sell / won't sell for much MU, while simultaneously complaining that (L) SIB are 115%+. He literally posted "Supply & Demand - The Post", but we don't know anything about economy so we should shut the fuck up.

Secondly, the economy is not "bad". It is just different. "Too many UL stuff" isn't a good argument - we complained for ages that all we looted was materials (10X%) and nothing fun. So MA adapted to the complaints, and now we can loot upgrade parts & items again. You hunt robots, you can loot GNC (270%, 13.5ea), HA01 (8000%, 80ea), HA02 (7000%, 70ea), Gen Fuses (5000%, 50ea). You can loot ESIs from high HP mobs (900%). You can loot shrooms from Marcimex and Caperon (50ea). You can loot items again (MF Chips, Guns, Armour). (L) guns thanks to Migration are rocking 110-130%.

Yes 99.99% of your TT loot will be nearly TT. There is massive oversupply. But back in the day, we looted fucking peds and pecs. You don't get markup on peds and pecs. 100.0000000% - and these were 99.99% of your loot.

MA literally gave everyone a gift with shrapnel - 101% guaranteed (or 100.7% if you're a melee-r).

Having said all this, yes I think Explosives crafting has killed the MU in Mining. But lets be honest, that was artificial MU. No-one was buying ore at >115% because they were crafting useful items, it was just amp crafting or high-tt attachment crafting.

Those who can, profit. Those who can't, whine.

This guy just gave you all a solid piece of gold.

This guy just gave you all a solid piece of gold.

And sadly many will continue to whine and bitch because it doesn't take any effort or iq to do that activity.

People will bitch until they're all making TT profit

People will bitch until they're all making TT profit

OH! There's more? :scratch2::banghead::grumble:
On a serious note...The game is what you make it...just as in life. Do people go into stock trading , without doing any or minimal research, and expect to succeed? A fools folly at best

Having said all this, yes I think Explosives crafting has killed the MU in Mining. But lets be honest, that was artificial MU. No-one was buying ore at >115% because they were crafting useful items, it was just amp crafting or high-tt attachment crafting.

Apologies for part quoting but this is the problem, there have been very little crafting updates and then we had explosive IV print. If there is no demand for anything then we will have the same problem with nobody able to sell loot and hardly any mark up apart from "upgrade" mats and esi. We need some parity between looted weapons/armours and crafted, in that cost to loot atm < cost to craft an inferior weap/armour.

Yes there is still profit out there although very slim for most players, but in my humble opinion some changes to crafted goods should be looked at to make them competitive. Especially on Calypso where most crafted armours/weaps are so outdated to make them useless.

Just my opinion ofc, but without enough demand (consumerism) the economy is kinda fubar'd.

Apologies for part quoting but this is the problem, there have been very little crafting updates and then we had explosive IV print. If there is no demand for anything then we will have the same problem with nobody able to sell loot and hardly any mark up apart from "upgrade" mats and esi. We need some parity between looted weapons/armours and crafted, in that cost to loot atm < cost to craft an inferior weap/armour.

Yes there is still profit out there although very slim for most players, but in my humble opinion some changes to crafted goods should be looked at to make them competitive. Especially on Calypso where most crafted armours/weaps are so outdated to make them useless.

Just my opinion ofc, but without enough demand (consumerism) the economy is kinda fubar'd.

Agreed but crafting is the one profession MA cannot afford to give easy profit to. It seems illogical to say this but MA require full control of the economy to generate a profit for themselves. If crafted items were tier 1 in demand (above unL, and (L) looted), then crafters would be able to set a maximum purchase MU (for materials) and a sale price which guarantees them profit on items. What this does to the end-users of the items is:

- Hunter buys at 130% and sells at 110%. If the MA economic activity costs 5% for hunting and even 15% for crafting, the hunter will be at 90% return and the crafter at 105%. (simplified maths for an example)

The only way this scenario doesn't happen, is with a free crafting market, however this doesn't happen in Entropia due to the blueprint rarity / hoarding which causes 1 or 2 crafters to have full control of the production of an item.

This is not to say that I have any problem with any crafters who currently are operating on this monopoly system - it is a feature of the game and if I could do it I would - I admire the foresight of the people who are doing this. However, it is not in MA's best interests to have players who are more powerful than them in economic terms.

Agreed but crafting is the one profession MA cannot afford to give easy profit to. It seems illogical to say this but MA require full control of the economy to generate a profit for themselves. If crafted items were tier 1 in demand (above unL, and (L) looted), then crafters would be able to set a maximum purchase MU (for materials) and a sale price which guarantees them profit on items. What this does to the end-users of the items is:

- Hunter buys at 130% and sells at 110%. If the MA economic activity costs 5% for hunting and even 15% for crafting, the hunter will be at 90% return and the crafter at 105%. (simplified maths for an example)

The only way this scenario doesn't happen, is with a free crafting market, however this doesn't happen in Entropia due to the blueprint rarity / hoarding which causes 1 or 2 crafters to have full control of the production of an item.

This is not to say that I have any problem with any crafters who currently are operating on this monopoly system - it is a feature of the game and if I could do it I would - I admire the foresight of the people who are doing this. However, it is not in MA's best interests to have players who are more powerful than them in economic terms.

The thing is that if hunters/crafters/miners buy at a higher % then that price is set by what people are willing to pay (demand), and as with ultra rare bp's (supply). At the moment MA seem to want to crush all mark ups in an attempt I think to make the game cheaper to play, however for many it has had the exact opposite effect in reduced mark ups for looted/crafted/mined goods. Also changes do not seem to be consistent such as introducing shrapnel to lower supply (raising mu on stackables), and then explosive prints which lowered demand for the same things shrapnel raised :laugh:.

As a player ofc i/we do not see the full picture from MA's side which may reveal a reason for changes we cannot logically figure out due to less information. Also with multiple planets the balancing from their side must be an absolute nightmare, a job i have to admit i wouldn't want. Most of the changes they made over the last 2-3 years though seem to be heavily "hunter centred", it's almost like the other professions have been ignored. In this i mean things such as outdated calypso bp's and lack of updates for the other professions (new bp's etc except ofc for explosives).

I'm not sure what the answer is, but looking at this years cld returns for migration compared to previous years it seems the current status-quo isn't the right direction in my humble opinion. As for monopolies on prints if MA wanted to do something about them they should perhaps drop a few more, but as they haven't done that for years i guess that is working as intended :confused:.

My posts are not meant as whining or bitching before anyone starts on that train of thought. However i play a lot less these days (and depo a lot less), not through choice but more through lack of perceived opportunity ingame and much slower sales of what i mine/hunt/craft. Now i have never been a play for profit player, however i try to play smart which always in the past allowed me to scrape by. I am one of those players who tries not to tt things and wring any mark up i can out of stuff selling smart. These days it takes so long to sell things i have little need to deposit as would just collect more stuff that sits, and obviously slower sales = less EU play time/turnover, and find i am playing other stuff most of the time atm. Kinda saddens me as a player close to 250k skills to be in this odd position of part hibernation.

I just hope there is a long term plan by MA, and that something comes which makes the economy work again.

Last edited:
As owner of Booths I would agree with the sentiment the economy changes and evolves. It is not ending or in death throes.

#space_flight ~ connecting pilots with players traveling through space to other worlds

Well cld returns are also impacted by shrapnel conversions too. So let's keep that in perspective as we try to gather anything meaningful from those numbers.

Well cld returns are also impacted by shrapnel conversions too. So let's keep that in perspective as we try to gather anything meaningful from those numbers.

Assuming a .95 (5% rake) return rate, even if 100% of loot was shrapnel:

per 100ped spent:

95ped in shrapnel returned (5ped to MA = 2.5ped to cld)
-0.95ped in shrapnel conversion (-0.95ped to MA = -0.475 to cld)

i.e. a 20% reduction in CLD returns but then the participant is obliged to re-use that UA at a cost of 5%...

They may be impacted in the short term per participant but in the long term they would generally be the same (or improved if you factor in the forced usage of UA).

Well, I'm not saying it's the sole reason because it definitely isnt. It just needs considered.

And that's the whole idea of universal ammo.. to increase the decay (for which the rake is against per the prospectus) and pp revenue. Certainly there is less grinding than last year but that's because last year was a very exceptional time because of the elm rain of 2015. So, any comparisons should note that last year was above average and not a marker for trending necessarily.

Back