Right now, Entropias economy is at its lowest..

I don't think it's anywhere near as busy though as 10 years ago, that was a different game. The days when hunting littler berys got you a screen of shogun armour, and 200 ped plus globals on little argos and drone 1's.

Rick

Is an illusion, man :) There were 20 players max hunting drones and Jason and the same skilling cornundas on the beach at Argus. Such places were crowded. Rig was. But I hunted almost 1 month in pvp1 in 2006 seeing 5 players the whole time. Aside from Jason and Argus there were 2-3 more popular hunting places, and then the exotic places of ubers, but that was all.

I am sometimes very melancholic, but I think is rather that sensation of doing a new thing than the actual state of things.

At least the rants on forum were exactly the same. :laugh:

I've never had a problem with paying to play, but it's a two way street. I paid £100 last month and had a quite a good run on LT's, I would've liked a month, but hey ho.

I paid £100 this month and within a few hours lost total confidence to continue hunting, and switched to training pets. I doubt I will return to hunting until well into Sept. My ped needs to last to pay my pet food, so in other words I get guaranteed online time budgeting to train pets. But in reality that's boring entertainment for £100.

The issue for me is peds for cash
. £100 is a lot to me, yet it only buys around 1250 ped, and to be fair that is just not enough peds if MA has you allocated to a big hole.

I don't know how MA get around this, deposit hof would work. But what if people farmed deposit hofs. More ped per $ would suit me. The game has changed to 10 years ago not to mention the exchange rates, big HP mobs are now the norm.

Confidence is key here. I don't want to hear the hunt to your budget argument, that's just b*llocks £100 is not £20.

Still EU is what it is, I've been here long enough and still pay them.....like I say we need more peds for the value of deposits.....which is my message here. Anyway; "whatever", good luck out there.

Rick

I really don't understand this argument (or the many arguments here):

Firstly, you've chosen to spend your £100 on training pets (which unless you sell the pets/skills, is a purely negative economic activity) and then comment on how it also bores you. I would suggest another activity; no-one is asking you to spend your peds there.

"The issue is peds for cash" - you mean the whole premise that Entropia has been built on since day one?

No, deposit HOFs would not work. For them to even be economically possible, you would have to also have "deposit no looters" - not going to build much confidence. For MA to use them as a loss-leader, it means what was once $10 for 100ped, is now $9.95 for 100ped. Instant, catastrophic monetary deflation.

Finally, "I don't want to hear your budget argument" - well I'm sorry, but this is the case. If your budget is £100/month (which is actually approx 1315ped) then you shouldn't be hunting Longtooth. These are 4000 HP Mobs. If my account had just 1kped liquid on it, I would be hunting 100-400 HP mobs, with around 20-30 dps. This would easily last me a month.

Yes, the PED has devalued in real-terms over the last 10 years because... guess what? Real life money has devalued as well. £100 isn't a lot of money, in entertainment terms. That would last me around two-thirds of a night out in Manchester (£150 excluding taxis, hotels if necessary) - which is 10 hours of entertainment. It's just 6 trips to the cinema including a drink and food (£15 each time) - which is 12 hours of entertainment.

Everyone's entertainment budget varies. There are some here who have £2000 disposable, every month, which they will not blink twice over depositing straight into Entropia. There are some who only have £10, or nothing at all, and make do.

Confidence is key - but I would have no confidence in a product which guaranteed me 0.95 return on my expenditure, with no swings or troughs. There is no fun shooting 1ped of ammo to get 95cents back, like clockwork.

Someone pull up Entropia Tracker and look at the turnover trend for the last month. That should give some indication of the health of the economy.

I personally think it would be a very bad idea to give complete control to one group of both the purchasing from and sales to every other group....

Aio, I was replying to you but realized this thread is just one big off-topic "loot talk" so made a new thread here. If you reply, I'll do my best to continue this discussion after work.

If my budget for 1 month would be £100 , I wouldn't hunt anything above puny/carabok or any other mob in that area.
4k Hp mobs require serious bankroll and tools.

If my budget for 1 month would be £100 , I wouldn't hunt anything above puny/carabok or any other mob in that area.

It is called risk of ruin. People need to understand these concepts if they ever want to get out of the perpetual deposit pattern.

I really don't understand this argument (or the many arguments here):

Firstly, you've chosen to spend your £100 on training pets (which unless you sell the pets/skills, is a purely negative economic activity) and then comment on how it also bores you. I would suggest another activity; no-one is asking you to spend your peds there.

"The issue is peds for cash" - you mean the whole premise that Entropia has been built on since day one?

No, deposit HOFs would not work. For them to even be economically possible, you would have to also have "deposit no looters" - not going to build much confidence. For MA to use them as a loss-leader, it means what was once $10 for 100ped, is now $9.95 for 100ped. Instant, catastrophic monetary deflation.

Finally, "I don't want to hear your budget argument" - well I'm sorry, but this is the case. If your budget is £100/month (which is actually approx 1315ped) then you shouldn't be hunting Longtooth. These are 4000 HP Mobs. If my account had just 1kped liquid on it, I would be hunting 100-400 HP mobs, with around 20-30 dps. This would easily last me a month.

Yes, the PED has devalued in real-terms over the last 10 years because... guess what? Real life money has devalued as well. £100 isn't a lot of money, in entertainment terms. That would last me around two-thirds of a night out in Manchester (£150 excluding taxis, hotels if necessary) - which is 10 hours of entertainment. It's just 6 trips to the cinema including a drink and food (£15 each time) - which is 12 hours of entertainment.

Everyone's entertainment budget varies. There are some here who have £2000 disposable, every month, which they will not blink twice over depositing straight into Entropia. There are some who only have £10, or nothing at all, and make do.

Confidence is key - but I would have no confidence in a product which guaranteed me 0.95 return on my expenditure, with no swings or troughs. There is no fun shooting 1ped of ammo to get 95cents back, like clockwork.

I think you've miss my point too.

training pets is purely a fall-back position. It's a "known" cost. If I'm going to lose the £100 anyway then training pets is a way to manage that cost through to the next deposit.

Now; as I said before £100 a month should be enough to play a game...any game. I can buy a game for £50 and play it anytime I like. So I refuse to be sucked into the "it's not enough" view. Because it is enough, well enough, and the only money "these days" I'm prepared to pay.

Especially if we deposit additional money to buy items and they devalue to crap in weeks.

If players want to burn £2K a night, because they feel they have too...more fool them.

If the deposit monitor, is too slow switching you on under the hood, then it's all over.

I can't be asked with this. It's all b**ocks anyway.

Take my £100 pay don't pay ...whatever. I will not pay more, so since I wont pay more, they might as well pay me anyway....LOL.

Why not set mob hunts at $1000 per hour, how about $2000 per hour. None of it is real, it's made up bulls**t rules.

Like I say I train pets because it's affordable, not because I've got a box of tissues at the ready because I love it so much.. smiles.

Rick

I don't know how players can depo 1250 ped and virtually lose it all within a month. I suppose it's none of my business.. But if it were me I'd immediately stop what I was doing and re-evaluate what's going on.

If I'm hunting feffox with that 1250 ped there's a good chance I'll lose it in a week.. But if that's how you get entertainment from EU then so be it. There are two kinds of players... The first views EU as a game and the other views it as a financial opportunity.

Hunting anything above 1 ped mobs on the budget would be ill advised by many here. Once again, none of my business though, that may be how you want to play EU because that's what's fun. But if it isn't fun and you're upset about losing that much that quickly, then you need to change your playing habits or stop playing.

Now; as I said before £100 a month should be enough to play a game...any game. I can buy a game for £50 and play it anytime I like. So I refuse to be sucked into the "it's not enough" view. Because it is enough, well enough, and the only money "these days" I'm prepared to pay.

I certainly have not missed your point. "Enough to play a game...any game." - In your opinion.

I can't afford the car of my dreams, so I drive a model lower than it. This doesn't mean I think my £X is enough to buy any car in the world, because I arbitrarily said so.

There are wealthy gamblers who take $100k to vegas and blow it all. For fun. Because you (nor I) can't afford to do this... doesn't mean it shouldn't be possible.

MA offer the tools to spend zero, spend a little, spend a lot. Up. To. You.

They also offer the tools to profit a little... or a lot.

I think you've miss my point too.

training pets is purely a fall-back position. It's a "known" cost. If I'm going to lose the £100 anyway then training pets is a way to manage that cost through to the next deposit.

Especially if we deposit additional money to buy items and they devalue to crap in weeks.

If players want to burn £2K a night, because they feel they have too...more fool them.

If the deposit monitor, is too slow switching you on under the hood, then it's all over.

I can't be asked with this. It's all b**ocks anyway.

Take my £100 pay don't pay ...whatever. I will not pay more, so since I wont pay more, they might as well pay me anyway....LOL.

Why not set mob hunts at $1000 per hour, how about $2000 per hour. None of it is real, it's made up bulls**t rules.

Like I say I train pets because it's affordable, not because I've got a box of tissues at the ready because I love it so much.. smiles.

Rick

You can be in denial all you like. But, if 1250ped is all you got.. unless you hunt real small mobs.. your risk of ruin will be too high.. and it would be your own fault.

Since I did the math on ROR of EU...

If your bankroll is 1250ped and you cycle 2000ped a day.. your risk of ruin is 32%... but is offset by markup.

That 2000ped can be made up of:

667 3 ped mobs
333 6 ped mobs
250 8 ped mobs
200 10ped mobs
167 12ped mobs

A good rule of thumb for a hunt is 500 kills, but really could be up to 5000 kills before returns reach their mean (depending on size).

And risk of ruin should be always less than 5%. For me, it's 2% because that gave me peace of mind.

The other way to look at it.. your bankroll should be 4x the amount you lose in tt per month on average.

If you have 1250ped and are doing high hp mobs, you're just gambling and it is your fault for going broke.

Stop being a jaded victim. You want to be a pet farmer.. great. But don't blame mindark for losing the ped in a week going for 12ped mobs.

You can be in denial all you like. But, if 1250ped is all you got.. unless you hunt real small mobs.. your risk of ruin will be too high.. and it would be your own fault.

If your bankroll is 1250ped and you cycle 2000ped a day.. your risk of ruin is 32%... but is offset by markup.

667 3 ped mobs
333 6 ped mobs
250 8 ped mobs
200 10ped mobs
167 12ped mobs

A good rule of thumb for a hunt is 500 kills, but really could be up to 5000 kills before returns reach their mean (depending on size).

And risk of ruin should be always less than 5%. For me, it's 2% because that gave me peace of mind.

The other way to look at it.. your bankroll should be 4x the amount you lose in tt per month on average.

If you have 1250ped and are doing high hp mobs, you're just gambling and it is your fault for going broke.

Stop being a jaded victim. You want to be a pet farmer.. great. But don't blame mindark for losing the ped in a week going for 12ped mobs.

Risk of ruin huh? Spoken like a true card coun... I mean blackjack player.

Risk of ruin huh? Spoken like a true card coun... I mean blackjack player.

Same principle applies. Every cost to kill is a bet size. I had to modify the formula a bit because every bet scenario is not an all or nothing proposition.

667 3 ped mobs
333 6 ped mobs
250 8 ped mobs
200 10ped mobs
167 12ped mobs

For the record, my post was really about the cost to play....a contribution to the thread. I've always accepted and was happy to deposit, because it's a business, so I'm happy to support the game I like, but everyone has there limits.

But the message your saying is this, no matter how much skill you have (for me that's 341K with 584 attributes), no matter how many years you build your avatar, you must still hunt noobs mobs.

Or another way of putting it. The more skill you have the more you should expect to lose, should you hunt to your abilities. Now I think that sucks.

Actually because MA have never paid me a 5 digit hof (10K+), I often wonder if I've done quite well in comparison to maybe others. I do believe hofs are part refunded losses. Maybe they throw a few ad-hoc big hofs out there, to confuse the players.

The game pays if wants, regardless of payroll. Like I said before I've ran "all" hours in xmas MM for £100 (1250 ped) twice. But it will switch you off once it decides they've given you enough fun. Now for the record many times I've experienced a card drain no matter how big the card may be. Why is it you can have continuous globals for weeks, then the shutdown occurs on a personal level and no matter if you have 20k or 2K...the card clean will be on the menu.

Or another interesting point for me, is if I pay for 10 years, what kind of build are MA holding back on me, and when are they going to drop it. Maybe never. Maybe we're all born with a trigger point our big hof will pop.

But here's the crunch point for me. I'm happy to pay the £100 a month. That's a £1200 a year customer to MA, money gone. I'm cool with that, I pay £100 a month for virgin web/phone/tv package.

If that's not good enough, maybe I pay £100 every two months...how about that. Or maybe £100 twice a year.

I've been around the block in all ways over the years, tried everything. I know how the game rolls. I know who it always pays constant loot too and who it goes after for more money.

My aging ava, just wants to tick along....that's all
. Not a whine, not a moan. Just my personal view of the economy and cost to play.

Easy really

Rick :D

ps: I used to pay tons more. But hey, family, single worker, times change. The game needs to adapt to the players, it's not all one way traffic.

Last edited:
Same principle applies. Every cost to kill is a bet size. I had to modify the formula a bit because every bet scenario is not an all or nothing proposition.

I had to do the same thing when I started. Mining with amps on a heavily restricted budget was no fun. For me... As the ped are grows the amount of input grows.

There are two kinds of players... The first views EU as a game and the other views it as a financial opportunity.

Actually, I think there's a large area outside those two positions. Consider, if you are a low level depositor in EU, say $10 a week, and you play for five years, then you have put $2600 into the game. If, on the other hand, you play a subscription game, such as WoW, and you pay $15 a month (I do not know what the WoW subscription fee is), then after 5 years you have put $900 into the game...a great deal less.

Now, say that you decide to quit WoW. Unless you sell your character on Ebay, which I believe is against the EULA, then that $900 is gone. Spent, in other words, for the entertainment provided. But, if you decide to quit EU, you probably have assets to sell. So, you sell your loot, sell your clothes, sell your pets, sell your AUDs, sell your vehicles...don't sell your skills...and you will have something. How much, depends on how well you've played the game for five years. Maybe you'll have close to 90%, perhaps a lot less, but probably something.

So, I think there are a lot of EU players who don't see depositing to play as a means to profit, but also don't see it as money just spent and gone.

But the message your saying is this, no matter how much skill you have (for me that's 341K with 584 attributes), no matter how many years you build your avatar, you must still hunt noobs mobs.

Or another way of putting it. The more skill you have the more you should expect to lose, should you hunt to your abilities. Now I think that sucks.

You're looking at the empty half, mate. It was always the rule in PE/EU that you should play first of all within your budget. Then, inside that budget, according to your skills.

Enjoy your freedom, man. You can obliterate argos at twin with a cost so low that would make everyone skilling around you mouthwatering.

I am not a very good example (or maybe I am the perfect one). I am very far from your skill level because along the time I used skills instead of deposit. A shitload of times. Lost count how many times I unlocked coolness manually. 7? 8? So now my top lvl is 50ish laser dmg and 42 laser hit. But all other skills are what a natural lvl 30 would be so I must stay there. On top of that, my monthly budget is similar to what you say.

And on the top of top, I have an aversion for high hp mobs (MA rly gave me a hard run for that with introduction of regen on trox etc). Because I was disciplined when I was a noob to not touch ATH mobs. Back then, those were the always-looters (high lvl trox, oculus, hispidus, scaboreas, high lvl thorifoids etc etc)

So for me is natural to stay under 1k hp mobs and usually I set my limit at around 700. Of course is boring sometimes. It will take me shitload of patience to finish 10k cornundas. Sometimes next year maybe. I hunted them so much that I get irritated by the sound. Same for argos. But there are so many options now..

Of course is tricky to find markup in low hp, such it should be, but at least you have way more margin in trying. And maybe if you save a ped here and there then you can allow yourself some LT hunt once a month, for fun..

And by the way, when I met Anda Atreides I met her at Twin on argos. She already had uber status for years.

People can say all the "bla bla" they want, they can try to proove some theories with some mathematics, they can try to convince people that all is going well in entropia, it does not change the reallity : the economy is little by little falling down. There is very simple indicators : number of pages on auction decrease months after months, number of selling/buying threads on main forums also. When i started this game there was more than 1300 pages on auctions, it was only few years ago, now how much pages we have ? 700 on calypso and 150 on Arkadia and craps on the other planets ?

An economy is quantified by the exchange between the actors. Less exchange means lowest dynamism in the economy.

This fact is a reality but this reality does not change the interest i have for this game, and for the moment will not make me stop to play it. I can like EU and be realistic on the economical situation of the game ...

Wrong, there are many ways to play this 'game'.
If you're here to profit by hunting, you probably shouldn't play this game at all.

For the majority here, Entropia is a game. Entertainment. It's ok to pay for your entertainment, isn't it?
If you go into a bar and buy a drink, are you a loser?
If you go watch a movie, does that make you a loser?
...And buying a drink at a bar actually gets you a drink, here you would get a empty glass with a note "Nova Fragments" on it.
Once more you misunderstand. Or use a wrong analogy (though a bit funny).

Some people buy lottery tickets. Some people pay to go watch a movie or a strip show.
Those are better analogies. ;)

Some people pay to play NMS. And then you realise how good EU is. :laugh:

When i started this game there was more than 1300 pages on auctions, it was only few years ago, now how much pages we have ? 700 on calypso and 150 on Arkadia and craps on the other planets ?

An economy is quantified by the exchange between the actors. Less exchange means lowest dynamism in the economy.

Seems to be more loot is just going into the TT or being converted into UA nowadays. And a lot of crafting = EP IV.

On the other hand I get the sense that we have a healthy amount of new players coming in.

I measure the strength of EU's economy by the amount of organic markup / long term sustainability. Unfortunately EU doesn't have enough of either.

We are a sinking ship but instead of plugging the holes Mindark grabs a bucket (upgrade missions, CLDs) and throws some of the water out... Next few years will be sink or swim, hopefully Mindark comes through for us ;)

Some people pay to play NMS. And then you realise how good EU is. :laugh:

Oh man, I knew NMS would be a failure from the first trailer I watched. It's tedious repetition marketed as "infinite exploration". Honestly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I feel bad for anyone dumb enough to waste money on it.

I much prefer the Mass Effect series ;) Reminds me how terrible EU is :yay:

Summer wont last forever (sadly) :(

1 month left Britain! :cool:

People can say all the "bla bla" they want, they can try to proove some theories with some mathematics, they can try to convince people that all is going well in entropia, it does not change the reallity : the economy is little by little falling down. There is very simple indicators : number of pages on auction decrease months after months, number of selling/buying threads on main forums also. When i started this game there was more than 1300 pages on auctions, it was only few years ago, now how much pages we have ? 700 on calypso and 150 on Arkadia and craps on the other planets ?

This fact is a reality but this reality does not change the interest i have for this game, and for the moment will not make me stop to play it. I can like EU and be realistic on the economical situation of the game ...

You miss, with your indignation, a couple factors. One.. it is summer. Low auctions aren't a new thing. Two, there are less sellable things.. more people using shops to avoid auction fees. Auction listing are only a good measure of what people are attempting to sell. Many people have stuff in storage (oils) because of over supply. Lot of the listings were made up of mining amp liatings... people are buying in bulk and using only a couple amps instead of the wide range of amps available.

It's not always black and white. If that's your measure of the health of the economy, you are always going to have the incorrect view. While you're playing something else allegedly, the game is changing. Not to say the economy doesn't need work.. it's just not the same as it was last year.. nor was last year before that and so on.

Seems to be more loot is just going into the TT or being converted into UA nowadays.

Thats exactly it. With the crafters split between gambling on eps and those creating items its driven down markup which had caused more people to tt things as the auction fee can just eat the whole markup. Not to mention we have a global trade channel now. Less auctions doesn't mean eu is dying it just means less things worth selling on auction rather that tt or #trade

I noticed many interesting things in your post. I want first to specify one more time that mine was not so negative as you may have feel it (my english is not so good ... sorry for that). I like this game and simply i have the feeling that the economy is falling down little by little and i do not want this, i hope it will raise up again.

One.. it is summer. Low auctions aren't a new thing.
In june there was 800 pages instead of 750 ... 50 pages more only

YTwo, there are less sellable things..
yes you are right, but non-sellable items are only low to medium level (mostly low level, only few Ark armors are medium levels). I also agree as there is more non-sellable nice items (good low level fap/gun, good low/medium level armors, ...) many people do not need to buy such items now. And this is one of the factor that impact the economy. Why a beginner will need to find a full little armor in auction as he can just deposit 10$ and get a nice one from the webshop. So i think non-sellable items have not a positive impact on the economy.

more people using shops to avoid auction fees.
I visit often the shops, it is very rare when i meet someone there. I have the feeling it was more active before (but this is only a feeling).

Auction listing are only a good measure of what people are attempting to sell.
People stop to attempt to sell when they loose 3 or 4 times the auction fees without any buyer even when they put an SB much lower than current MU (1 or 2 months ago no any bid on DOA LM for which SB was under MU).

Many people have stuff in storage (oils) because of over supply. Lot of the listings were made up of mining amp liatings... people are buying in bulk and using only a couple amps instead of the wide range of amps available.
You are may be right.

It's not always black and white. If that's your measure of the health of the economy, you are always going to have the incorrect view. While you're playing something else allegedly, the game is changing. Not to say the economy doesn't need work.. it's just not the same as it was last year.. nor was last year before that and so on.
Of course things changes. But i do not have the feeling auction trading system was replaced by something else. There is much less traders at twin than before, much less auctions pages and i also have the feeling much less sell/buy threads on PCF too (only a feeling about that).
I only said that one important factor to have a dynamicall economy is to have lot of "trades". And currently if less auctions it means certainly less trades, so economy is much less dynicall than before.

I've never had a problem with paying to play, but it's a two way street. I paid £100 last month and had a quite a good run on LT's, I would've liked a month, but hey ho.

I paid £100 this month and within a few hours lost total confidence to continue hunting, and switched to training pets. I doubt I will return to hunting until well into Sept. My ped needs to last to pay my pet food, so in other words I get guaranteed online time budgeting to train pets. But in reality that's boring entertainment for £100.

The issue for me is peds for cash
. £100 is a lot to me, yet it only buys around 1250 ped, and to be fair that is just not enough peds if MA has you allocated to a big hole.

I don't know how MA get around this, deposit hof would work. But what if people farmed deposit hofs. More ped per $ would suit me. The game has changed to 10 years ago not to mention the exchange rates, big HP mobs are now the norm.

Confidence is key here. I don't want to hear the hunt to your budget argument, that's just b*llocks £100 is not £20.

Still EU is what it is, I've been here long enough and still pay them.....like I say we need more peds for the value of deposits.....which is my message here. Anyway; "whatever", good luck out there.

Rick

Agreed 1000%. I'm not shy about depositing, and I'm fully cognizant of what is a gamble and what isn't. I also understand that there are cycles of "holy shit it's raining peds" and there's the brutal downswings where you wonder if you'll ever global again. Sometimes my deposit is gone within the same day because that's just where my loot cycle is. All told I feel like this game is considerably more expensive than it used to be. I don't really care about profiting, I would just like more bang for my buck.

I think the main problem is in the mid-levels. MA has done a great job at making the game noob-friendly, and you can cycle forever, even profit, on many low level mobs now. On the other end of the spectrum, most ubers are making easy profit now with all of the buffs and super eco high end gear. Mid-game is brutal. So as a mid-level player if you want to extend your play time you basically have 2 options: 1) forget about fun and just get a cheap eco gun and farm punies, or 2) invest $25-50k to skill up and get the right gear (and bankroll) to be able to hunt profitable mobs.

Thing is, not all of us care to get to that level. I couldn't afford to anyway, but even if I could I really don't think I'd care to spend the price of a car on a video game. I don't mind paying for entertainment, just give me something for it. I've been playing since beta, and I will continue to do so; but the game is extremely disappointing at times. I've deposited, lost it all in one hunt with no globals, and walked off to the pub with buyer's remorse.

I think its got a lot to do with little to know mark-up on a lot of resources now . I usually play with a small bank roll and if the mark-up is under 2% I just tt it or look for orders on the auction. It might not be the best way to play but I do fairly well just steady cycling and waiting on better drops .

you basically have 2 options: 1) forget about fun and just get a cheap eco gun and farm punies, or 2) invest $25-50k to skill up and get the right gear (and bankroll) to be able to hunt profitable mobs.

1) Target MU (Yes there's not much out there but finding a mob with 104-105% isn't impossible if you leave Calypso

2) Hunt in a team (free dps/eco boost)

3) Hunt smaller mobs (no, not punies). Just something that gives you 0-1% defensive cost and has regen that is well-suited to your DPS

4) Try a profession that's less fun, like mining. It takes virtually no effort to find 110% average MU mining. Hell, you could drop blindly/randomly in almost any zone and you'd end with around ~105-106% MU which is often enough to break even on a big cycle.

It's less "fun" than hunting, so there's less competition. Avoid indoor mining as gamblers regularly crash markups by undercutting each other into oblivion.

5) Hold on to your loot and only sell during price spikes

MA might artificially bump the economy here and there with upgrade missions and such, but mid-level hunting is too heavily populated to sustain decent markup. Seems that the majority is happy to hunt and lose money, because hunting is "fun" and "cool" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would love for Mindark to release new blueprints on a more regular basis and create some demand, but why would they when so many are happy to buy hundreds of strongboxes a month and cycle until their PED cards bleed out?

Attracting new players is going to net them more income than working their ass off to give mid-level hunters MU.

... so maybe that's the whole point us regular peasants are trying to make. Basically you're saying that for $130 a month I can only afford the absolute lowest level of the game. Expensive game if you ask me.

The game pays if wants, regardless of payroll. Like I said before I've ran "all" hours in xmas MM for £100 (1250 ped) twice. But it will switch you off once it decides they've given you enough fun. Now for the record many times I've experienced a card drain no matter how big the card may be. Why is it you can have continuous globals for weeks, then the shutdown occurs on a personal level and no matter if you have 20k or 2K...the card clean will be on the menu.

Same... I've seen the PED card go from a decent amount to nothing in spite of adjusting my activities to hedge it.

I play with around half of that cash and i hunt bigger mobs, with my storage full of stuff, i play 2/3h a day
You just have to know how to play smart, and go slowly, dont rush things, this game is to play for years in the long run, so have patient
Bigger mobs like halix alpha and old alpha

I play with around half of that cash and i hunt bigger mobs, with my storage full of stuff, i play 2/3h a day
You just have to know how to play smart, and go slowly, dont rush things, this game is to play for years in the long run, so have patient
Bigger mobs like halix alpha and old alpha

Cool John, good that you are doing well in the game but please dont tell that mob with 180hp is big mob, go and hunt a big mob with at least 1k hp, then we can talk. We will see how long yours half of the money last on hunt.

Cheers

Back