PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Angel O2 Mercer
    Images

Lightbulb Make orders pay the offered price

Hello,

Please make the orders pay what they offer for BUYOUT instead of the seller's buyout.

With this very simple change most auction mistakes would be avoided. The buyer would still get a nice price, actually the one he is offering, instead of feasting on somebody else's mistake. Investors and the playerbase in general would gain confidence in the platform. It's a win-win situation.

I'm not asking for you to babysit anyone, but if you can put a solution with minimum effort why not do it? What exactly do you gain as a company for one guy to go broke and another one to probably withdraw?

Ludvig if you read this, kindly pass the message to the dev team.

Thank you very much.

References supporting this petition:
    - Please Help 120k peds Mistake!
    - Looking for Mr Infinity Infinity
    - Looking for avatar: Lina Tora Luned
    - Help, im a noob and made a bad order mistake on Calypso!!
    - 30000 ped just gone ...... [Auction mistake]
    - Selling AUD on AH at wrong mu.......... I'm a moron
    - Made a mistake, does anyone know Dmitry stDem Sur?
    - Looking for Fareios BigHunter Acheimes

... sadly the list is quite longer...
    Last edited by Angel O2 Mercer; 12-12-2016 at 00:19. Reason: New sad addition to the list...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    I thought orders were what people were willing to pay up to, not that they had to pay that amount?
    If someone want's to list an item lower, without checking orders, i think that's up to them.

After looking at those references, they are all relating to deeds. So a better way to suggest something like this is to ask them to remove all deeds (AUD/CLD/compet and any future deeds) from the order list, so that orders cannot be placed at all for them.

There problem solved and you are not screwing up the order system for items/ores, etc ....which can be handy when you don't have the time to stand around looking at auction (or at chat) waiting for what you want to be listed at a decent mu.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There problem solved and you are not screwing up the order system for items/ores, etc ....which can be handy when you don't have the time to stand around looking at auction (or at chat) waiting for what you want to be listed at a decent mu.
    In what way would this change screw ores or items orders exactly? I don't see your logic.

The orders system has been abused for years and very little people use it for it's intended purpose (I want to buy X item at Y price).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    In what way would this change screw ores or items orders exactly? I don't see your logic.

The orders system has been abused for years and very little people use it for it's intended purpose (I want to buy X item at Y price).
    Because the order system can be used for bidding on items as well, not just buyout.
    So someone lists an item on AH with a SB of 101% and and no buyout.
    I have an order placed for 105%...my order will place bids on that item that has no SB until it goes past my max.

Alternatively, someone puts a item on AH with SB of 101% and buyout of 107%...My breakeven point is 105%, if i pay more, i lose money. So it will bid up to 105% and if it doesn't go higher and no one buys out the item, then i get it.

Means I can get the items i want for a price i'm happy with.
    Remember not all sellers are realistic of what items sell at either...they will put stupid prices up hoping someone falls for it and buys it, or will put an insane buyout on the item...so works both ways.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Images
    I didn't suggest anywhere that the orders should stop bidding on things. By all means keep them as they are, in the past they didn't bid at all and I think this new way is better.

They can do both things, bid on items and pay the BO they offer if the item listed has BO.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    I didn't suggest anywhere that the orders should stop bidding on things. By all means keep them as they are, in the past they didn't bid at all and I think this new way is better.

They can do both things, bid on items and pay the BO they offer if the item listed has BO.
    But then, if they change it to what you want, then the orders will be bidding the max amount, not the min amount.
    As the order is saying I will pay X amount for that item, but the initial bid is lower.
    How many times have you seen someone list an item at SB of +1 and then in the bid history you have +2, +3, +50....and then people claim alt avatar bidding on own item to raise the price?
    You can look through PCF for the many threads on it if you need to.

You fix it one way, it will impact the other, that's why i think if you just remove the deeds from orders altogether, you wont mess up the rest. Many things that people complain about that get patched or fixed are not thought through completely by the community, and then MA fix it to the way the community want and people then complain again. So please think it through before starting a petition like this, you need to think of all avenues that might be effected.

I for one don't like that people are losing a lot of real life money through deed sale errors...but people also need to be careful when listing a high value item like that, just like trades you need to check everything before hitting that ok button. If they just had it so the deeds had a value of what the initial cost to buy was, that could work as well (ie: AUD's were brought for 50 Ped initially so should have that value, Compet were 100 and i don't remember what CLD's were)

Angel O2 Mercer
    Images
    Either you don't understand what I am proposing or I am having a hard time understanding you.

It is perfectly possible for orders to bid on items that don't have a low enough buyout (or no buyout at all), and also proceed to buyout on items that can be. And in that last scenario instead of paying whatever the seller has put for buyout just pay whatever the order was offering.

There is no issue with it, both are perfectly compatible and the situation about bidding or not would not change one bit.

The change I propose ONLY AFFECTS BUYOUT EVENTS. And would avoid most auction mistakes with minimal effort and changes from the development team.

If you don't like what I propose it's ok. But the reason you give makes no sense.

Maybe I suck at explaining things, we are going in circles.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    How does a buyout happen? Someone makes a BID at the buyout amount (regardless if there are already bids or not)...they then win the auction.

Therefore your assumption "the situation about bidding or not would not change one bit." is incorrect. Bids and buyouts are linked. If you don't think so, then go find something that has a buyout and bid 1 ped under buyout and then make another bid straight after that at 1 ped more.

Another way to change this whole thing would be to make the order system separate from the auction all together.
    So to fulfill an order, you have to click on that order and then open a trade window and trade the items to them...kind of like how mission galatica works where you move your items into a window. It could then transfer Ped to your card for the order amount x number of items being fulfilled.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Images
    Still don't see a problem. Explain it to me like I'm a 4 year-old retarded alligator.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    So to fulfill an order, you have to click on that order and then open a trade window and trade the items to them...kind of like how mission galatica works where you move your items into a window. It could then transfer Ped to your card for the order amount x number of items being fulfilled.
    This would work too.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    they will never put the cld the value first paid for it because if every one tt them they would need 6 million to cover all when poeple withdraw

the only way i see they can fix it is have the item have a check box enable that you can put any amount on it and you cant sell it below that price

you check the box and it lets you put 1600 peds per deed so you can sell it for 1 ped if you put it at auction it will automaticly put 1600 on the auction screen or what ever amount you put the price its worth

this will not show the item worth that amount just a safety for any item sold at auction

edit

or check box it cant be sold under market value if check that would be even easyer

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast