Make orders pay the offered price

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Hello,

Please make the orders pay what they offer for BUYOUT instead of the seller's buyout.

With this very simple change most auction mistakes would be avoided. The buyer would still get a nice price, actually the one he is offering, instead of feasting on somebody else's mistake. Investors and the playerbase in general would gain confidence in the platform. It's a win-win situation.

I'm not asking for you to babysit anyone, but if you can put a solution with minimum effort why not do it? What exactly do you gain as a company for one guy to go broke and another one to probably withdraw?

Ludvig if you read this, kindly pass the message to the dev team.

Thank you very much.

References supporting this petition:
- Please Help 120k peds Mistake!
- Looking for Mr Infinity Infinity
- Looking for avatar: Lina Tora Luned
- Help, im a noob and made a bad order mistake on Calypso!!
- 30000 ped just gone ...... [Auction mistake]
- Selling AUD on AH at wrong mu.......... I'm a moron
- Made a mistake, does anyone know Dmitry stDem Sur?
- Looking for Fareios BigHunter Acheimes
- Stuffed up auction
- A ShoutOut to " Star Alex Grey " for being a stand up person

... sadly the list is quite longer...

Last edited:
I thought orders were what people were willing to pay up to, not that they had to pay that amount?
If someone want's to list an item lower, without checking orders, i think that's up to them.

After looking at those references, they are all relating to deeds. So a better way to suggest something like this is to ask them to remove all deeds (AUD/CLD/compet and any future deeds) from the order list, so that orders cannot be placed at all for them.

There problem solved and you are not screwing up the order system for items/ores, etc ....which can be handy when you don't have the time to stand around looking at auction (or at chat) waiting for what you want to be listed at a decent mu.

There problem solved and you are not screwing up the order system for items/ores, etc ....which can be handy when you don't have the time to stand around looking at auction (or at chat) waiting for what you want to be listed at a decent mu.

In what way would this change screw ores or items orders exactly? I don't see your logic.

The orders system has been abused for years and very little people use it for it's intended purpose (I want to buy X item at Y price).

In what way would this change screw ores or items orders exactly? I don't see your logic.

The orders system has been abused for years and very little people use it for it's intended purpose (I want to buy X item at Y price).

Because the order system can be used for bidding on items as well, not just buyout.
So someone lists an item on AH with a SB of 101% and and no buyout.
I have an order placed for 105%...my order will place bids on that item that has no SB until it goes past my max.

Alternatively, someone puts a item on AH with SB of 101% and buyout of 107%...My breakeven point is 105%, if i pay more, i lose money. So it will bid up to 105% and if it doesn't go higher and no one buys out the item, then i get it.

Means I can get the items i want for a price i'm happy with.
Remember not all sellers are realistic of what items sell at either...they will put stupid prices up hoping someone falls for it and buys it, or will put an insane buyout on the item...so works both ways.

I didn't suggest anywhere that the orders should stop bidding on things. By all means keep them as they are, in the past they didn't bid at all and I think this new way is better.

They can do both things, bid on items and pay the BO they offer if the item listed has BO.

I didn't suggest anywhere that the orders should stop bidding on things. By all means keep them as they are, in the past they didn't bid at all and I think this new way is better.

They can do both things, bid on items and pay the BO they offer if the item listed has BO.

But then, if they change it to what you want, then the orders will be bidding the max amount, not the min amount.
As the order is saying I will pay X amount for that item, but the initial bid is lower.
How many times have you seen someone list an item at SB of +1 and then in the bid history you have +2, +3, +50....and then people claim alt avatar bidding on own item to raise the price?
You can look through PCF for the many threads on it if you need to.

You fix it one way, it will impact the other, that's why i think if you just remove the deeds from orders altogether, you wont mess up the rest. Many things that people complain about that get patched or fixed are not thought through completely by the community, and then MA fix it to the way the community want and people then complain again. So please think it through before starting a petition like this, you need to think of all avenues that might be effected.

I for one don't like that people are losing a lot of real life money through deed sale errors...but people also need to be careful when listing a high value item like that, just like trades you need to check everything before hitting that ok button. If they just had it so the deeds had a value of what the initial cost to buy was, that could work as well (ie: AUD's were brought for 50 Ped initially so should have that value, Compet were 100 and i don't remember what CLD's were)

Either you don't understand what I am proposing or I am having a hard time understanding you.

It is perfectly possible for orders to bid on items that don't have a low enough buyout (or no buyout at all), and also proceed to buyout on items that can be. And in that last scenario instead of paying whatever the seller has put for buyout just pay whatever the order was offering.

There is no issue with it, both are perfectly compatible and the situation about bidding or not would not change one bit.

The change I propose ONLY AFFECTS BUYOUT EVENTS. And would avoid most auction mistakes with minimal effort and changes from the development team.

If you don't like what I propose it's ok. But the reason you give makes no sense.

Maybe I suck at explaining things, we are going in circles.

How does a buyout happen? Someone makes a BID at the buyout amount (regardless if there are already bids or not)...they then win the auction.

Therefore your assumption "the situation about bidding or not would not change one bit." is incorrect. Bids and buyouts are linked. If you don't think so, then go find something that has a buyout and bid 1 ped under buyout and then make another bid straight after that at 1 ped more.

Another way to change this whole thing would be to make the order system separate from the auction all together.
So to fulfill an order, you have to click on that order and then open a trade window and trade the items to them...kind of like how mission galatica works where you move your items into a window. It could then transfer Ped to your card for the order amount x number of items being fulfilled.

Still don't see a problem. Explain it to me like I'm a 4 year-old retarded alligator.

So to fulfill an order, you have to click on that order and then open a trade window and trade the items to them...kind of like how mission galatica works where you move your items into a window. It could then transfer Ped to your card for the order amount x number of items being fulfilled.

This would work too.

they will never put the cld the value first paid for it because if every one tt them they would need 6 million to cover all when poeple withdraw

the only way i see they can fix it is have the item have a check box enable that you can put any amount on it and you cant sell it below that price

you check the box and it lets you put 1600 peds per deed so you can sell it for 1 ped if you put it at auction it will automaticly put 1600 on the auction screen or what ever amount you put the price its worth

this will not show the item worth that amount just a safety for any item sold at auction

edit

or check box it cant be sold under market value if check that would be even easyer

What I don't get is how is someone stupid enough not to double check their auction sale when its as big of a sale as 1k-10k ped? Thats 100$.... I would Quintuple check it...

They should put in a 5 minute window for you to 'adjust' your price in auction after you put up an item for sell or something similar so sellers will have longer to study what they are doing... so it wouldn't be 'live' until those 5 minutes are up and maybe put in another popup window that lists your item as it appears to the buyers, etc.

In shop keepers when I ran a shop I'd always tweak the thing a nudge up or down before going 'live' with it... auction should give you similar type of freedom.

New addition, new sad day. Let's bump this for awareness.

Order campers still running rampant to the detriment of everyone else and the game itself.

:(

New addition, new sad day. Let's bump this for awareness.

Order campers still running rampant to the detriment of everyone else and the game itself.

:(

On monday same ist happen with me.. it looks for me like, that some Avatars using the BO function as a trap for others.. and it looks like, it work perfectly for them.

the problem ist one AUD have a value of 0.00Ped. and so is it very easy happen that you made the mistake to give them a BO of 57Ped (the ordes tell you this: 201 AUD for 57ped) and to fall in to this trap..

why MA dont get as follow function: the complet summary of your BO will be 100x57 total value of 5700Ped?

I think MA doing here not enough to help peoples that he dont go in to this trap.. Here ist emergently help from MA needed.. And is it very hard to understand that MA protect peoples ther life cost are payt from peoples ther falling in to this trap..

it looks like a very well working economic buisness ist growing about mistakes.. and MA looking away and point with the fingers to the EULA.. that ist not enough!

Reactions: San
I guess MA doesnt want to change it because they are making thousands of PED any day because auction campers overbid themselves again again and again to have always the top-order and they are paying 1 Ped each time to have this best order for a few minutes at one single item :(

thow 1 aud in auction for the money you want back. Ill buy it. I dont think i have much time for a pvp trade.

thow 1 aud in auction for the money you want back. Ill buy it. I dont think i have much time for a pvp trade.

That is price manipulation.
We will have 1AUD at 201x 57 ped so ca 200 times higher as is normally 1 AUD and all future buyers and sellers will have it in auction history

It happens alot. wont affect market trust me. I just try to sort something out here

It happens alot. wont affect market trust me. I just try to sort something out here

absolutly correct! thats only a jump in the statistic and nothing will happen after this.. and it its the easyst way for both of us! :wise:

thank you again infinity!

That is price manipulation.
We will have 1AUD at 201x 57 ped so ca 200 times higher as is normally 1 AUD and all future buyers and sellers will have it in auction history

Well, it just compensates for earlier accidental 'manipulation' to the downside. So it'd correct the average if anything.

Shares can be bought at the offer price, if that’s what someone has offered then that’s what they’ve stated they’re willing to pay.

We’ve been round this 100’s of times though, the auction was not designed to deal with ‘zero’ ped items (mainly Deeds). Errors can occur on other stuff with high markup, but usually such items are sold as single items. It’s when multiple deeds are sold at once, mistakes often happen.

I generally view it as the person that owns the deeds has likely deposited to buy them, those that trade in them are generally vultures hovering around looking for victims. I’ve often felt that EU promotes opportunists, invites them in at times. Such a lovely community we have.

Anyway whatever. MA obviously do not want to create a system that “offers” market rate maybe because that implies such items have value, when the purpose of zero priced deed was to limit their business exposure to zero. In essence they have no capital value, only perceived value.

Onwards and upwards.

Laters

Rick

This petition has nothing to do with market rate, value, markup or real life value of anything.

This petition's only purpose is to stop order zombies to capitalize on other people's mistakes, as simple as that. It is easy to do, easy to implement and makes perfect sense.

The current system is responsible for many people cashing out and leaving, of which I know two cases in a personal way (one of them was my disciple).

Crystal clear.

Reading through this thread, it seems obvious who abuses the mechanic to snatch up CLDs on the cheap.

The OP's idea is fantastic. I'll sign.

If you put an order for 900 ped on a CLD, and someone accidently posts it for 190 instead of 1900. The system should force the 900 ped payment.

Signed. This is like an open trap which should have been plugged already as soon as seen.

What about the auction low opening bid warning? It still doesn't work properly for normal items, though it used to give more false positives. Does it do anything here?

Hmm months go by, not a word from anyone remotely official.

I guess this thread will get forgotten until the next auction fuckup takes place.

Top job here dev team :yup:

i disagree that orders should pay more than what was set as buyout value anyways.

if it's not an order taking that BO but a quick person at auction, you can't rip the ped difference off his card either.

we all know mistakes happen too often, so better triplecheck what you're doing and try not to be drunk when doing business. in case a mistake happens anyway, try to sort it out and hope for the best. but buyout means buyout, simple as that!

as an alternative i can imagine the possibility to undo an auction for 1k ped, like you can restore an accidentially tt'ed item.

:twocents:

if it's not an order taking that BO but a quick person at auction, you can't rip the ped difference off his card either.

But this proposal is for orders, not for quick people.

I didn't read further into your post.

Back