Make orders pay the offered price

still, noone was able to tell me why orders should work differently than auctions

let's assume someone put 10 AUDs up for the BO price of 1 instead of 10

A) an order gets it for BO price
B) a player snatches it for BO price

why should A pay more than B? this makes zero sense to me, sorry.

the simple fact is, a buyout value is a buyout value, so better triplecheck your values, or don't use BO at all.

again, no offense, and i feel sry for all victims.

If people ask for changes in the order system it is not always because some people do mistakes where orders get bargain.

Its about ability to sell large stacks of resources to orders for an instant sale.
Since MA decided to make orders bid on offers, this no longer works.

It worked nice with old system, it would also work if they seperate order system from auction completely.

It does not work with current systems, as most orders always placed bids on existing offers and rarly have enough volume left to take big stacks imediately, so the seller simply place cheap offer and still have to wait for someone taking it, although there is orders which should take it.

This sucks!

It does not work with current systems, as most orders always placed bids on existing offers and rarly have enough volume left to take big stacks imediately, so the seller simply place cheap offer and still have to wait for someone taking it, although there is orders which should take it.

This sucks!

If I want to sell my big stacks to order I can sell instantly have to Order Expiry and search for same material and sort by bids now i will now see if there are any bid on offers that expire before the order expiry. If there is no bid i can sell all else i will deduct the quantity with bid from order quantity.

I'll give this another bump in light of recent events. This time it had a happy ending, but it could have been very bad (like most of the time).

Please MindArk, Ludvig or whoever is reading this:
Consider making auction orders pay what they say they want to pay insted of whatever the seller listed it for. We are human and we make mistakes, and you have a group of players whose only purpose is to renew orders 24/7 hoping to make profit out of them.

If an item is being sold which has an order on AH, then the item should be sold to the higher order value it fulfills rather then the price i have filled in.

It's a very simple change that would help us avoid a lot of drama. Need more proof? check the first post, the list is actually much longer I just got bored of searching.

Thanks.

I still think this is somehow the wrong solution. First, imagine there was no order. Why should someone who lost peds because of a quick BO be treated different than the one who sold to an order? Buyout is buyout, simple as that, and just shouldn't ever be more than that.

A different solution would be to design the auction dialog nearly the same as the order dialog, where you can set your markup even 2 digits after the coma, and the total price is calculated automatically.

This would also solve my longterm wish to be able to set auction prices to the PEC, because after paying that fuckin auction fees i really should be able to chose my price without limitations!

It maybe also helps a bit with Stuff losing its markup too quickly, for several reasons.

First, when i wanna sell Lyst or whatever for 104%, i don't want to chose between 102.5% and 106%, only because i can't set the price exactly or my stack is too small.

Second, because demand is limited, it's kinda logic that people undercut each other all the time, and I'd prefer that to be sized in PEC rather then PED.

Back