Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Toni Chiee Lahderinne
    Society
    Drop Zone
    Images
    this +1 really MA!

I made this stupid mistake today also. I guess i was lucky i just made mistake for 10 deeds and not hundreds.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this +1 really MA!

I made this stupid mistake today also. I guess i was lucky i just made mistake for 10 deeds and not hundreds.
    Sorry for you Chiee, still no official response and no intention to change anything.

More PED into the hands of order zombies and out of the game. Good plan mindark.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    Either you don't understand what I am proposing or I am having a hard time understanding you.

It is perfectly possible for orders to bid on items that don't have a low enough buyout (or no buyout at all), and also proceed to buyout on items that can be. And in that last scenario instead of paying whatever the seller has put for buyout just pay whatever the order was offering.

There is no issue with it, both are perfectly compatible and the situation about bidding or not would not change one bit.

The change I propose ONLY AFFECTS BUYOUT EVENTS. And would avoid most auction mistakes with minimal effort and changes from the development team.

If you don't like what I propose it's ok. But the reason you give makes no sense.

Maybe I suck at explaining things, we are going in circles.
    I am really bad at math and English is not my first language.. could you explain what you are proposing with an example?
    How the situation is now, and what happens with your changed proposal?

Say I want to buy 10 auds for 57 ped each, so I put 570 ped in the order system..
    And an abuser sets 10 auds for 58 peds total (which looks like the highest order)

What happens now, and what happens with your proposal?

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Say I want to buy 10 auds for 57 ped each, so I put 570 ped in the order system..
    And an abuser sets 10 auds for 58 peds total (which looks like the highest order)
    Current system

You would get 10 AUD for 58 PED total (5.8 PED each), your order would be filled and you would be refunded 512 PED (570 - 58). The guy selling has just lost 522 PED due to a mistake.

My proposal

You would pay 57 PED each, as you wanted to pay. And the seller would get 570 PED total, as you very well put into the order system. The guy selling has lost 10 PED due to a mistake.
    Last edited by Angel O2 Mercer; 11-19-2016 at 10:53.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Toni Chiee Lahderinne
    Society
    Drop Zone
    Images
    Current system

You would get 10 AUD for 58 PED total (5.8 PED each), your order would be filled and you would be refunded 512 PED (570 - 58). The guy selling has just lost 522 PED due to a mistake.

My proposal

You would pay 57 PED each, as you wanted to pay. And the seller would get 570 PED total, as you very well put into the order system. The guy selling has lost 10 PED due to a mistake.
    Yes, what happened to me today was first option here

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Leaving trap doors like this in the system and then telling customers off who eventually fail to watch their step is not conducive to business. Just the first chapter of Henry Hazlitt's 'Economics in One Lesson' would explain to them why this is so. Probably not tought in management schools these days.

I suggested elsewhere to change the pricing display of investment deeds in the auction house to showing the percentage relative to their original nominal investment value, i.e. CLD in % of 1000 PED, AUD in % of 50 PED etc. They are stackable, but their price is not quoted like a stackable, which is counterintuitive and inevitably makes for trouble. The non-existent TT value should not be an obstacle you can't program around. Back then I just wanted to have listings sortable by actual markup, but it would also solve the problem here. It should be much harder to make a mistake when an out-of-bounds percentage stares in your face. Would this be a viable alternative to the suggestion above, considering possible side effects?
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Another mistake, another hit on the game reputation.

Do something MindArk, if you know what's good for EU...

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Images
    Current system

My proposal

Fixes the system for deed mistakes, but breaks it for consumer orders.

Still have never understood these auction mistakes. People need to learn to double check...

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aio View Post
    Fixes the system for deed mistakes, but breaks it for consumer orders.

Still have never understood these auction mistakes. People need to learn to double check...
    Please explain how. Also my solution is just a partial suggestion, I'm sure MA can come up with a much better alternative to the current piece of shit system.

Just do something, it wont fix itself...

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Aio Dakina
    Society
    Veterans
    Images
    Please explain how. Also my solution is just a partial suggestion, I'm sure MA can come up with a much better alternative to the current piece of shit system.

Just do something, it wont fix itself...
    Cos the order system as it is, mimics RL auction "book" orders, in that you set a maximum value you are willing to pay and if the bidding is lower than that you win, if it is higher you lose.

You're thinking purely in a buyout scenario - mainly because the EU system allows sellers to see maximum bids before they list their item for sale, which is a dumb inclusion.

The auction needs an overhaul but including moron-protection isn't really high on my list of desires.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast