Icon sizes in inventory

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
A couple of month ago the size of the icons for enhancers changed from 1x1 to 2x2 in the inventory, is that an intended change or is that a bug? :scratch2: It's annyoing big.... same change for components too.

Yea, it's annoying as hell.

Apparently, if you turn the texture quality to low, it goes back to how it used to be (2 boxes as opposed to 4), but I like things all on high.

Shader quality affects icon sizes (for some unfathomable reason).

I prefer the medium shader sizes. Large shader = too big for me.

Yeah, I don't understand why it suddensly changed in size after many years at one size, that boom, much bigger....

Yeah, I don't understand why it suddensly changed in size after many years at one size, that boom, much bigger....

My theory was to make it appear like we were getting loot.

:cussing: "Annoying as hell" sums it up. :cussing:

... this forum could use a "mad" image with steam coming out its ears ...

:cussing: "Annoying as hell" sums it up. :cussing:

... this forum could use a "mad" image with steam coming out its ears ...

A bit over the top......

Other than the components giving off a large radioactive brightness... what's the problem? This game is giving a makeover piece by piece. Best to adapt to the change.

The devs' computers are not powerful enough to run on max settings so they haven't even noticed there's a problem. :wise:

A bit over the top......

Other than the components giving off a large radioactive brightness... what's the problem? This game is giving a makeover piece by piece. Best to adapt to the change.

Large inventory icons are bit of a hassle when I am changing amps or enhancers during hunt. Need to scroll around a lot, the amp within sight of the weapon I want to drop it on etc. If amp breaks half way through a mob kill I want to do the change as quickly as possible.

Large inventory icons are a hassle when I am looking for stuff in my storage for crafting.

I would like so much, the option to present storage and inventory as a list with tabs for each section and one column that contains a grab-able small icon. Perhaps a search filter. Also, the 500 item display limitation is so unnecessary. I have around 7-800 items in storage cos I craft and hunt. And that's with putting each set of armour in a box, spare weapons and amps in a box, deeds in a box etc. Not really an option to put crafting ingrediants in boxes owing to weight limitations. So to find stuff I usually have to transfer a heap of items to inventory, close and reopen storage, look again etc.

Sorry drifted the topic a little there.

A bit over the top......

Back in the day I used to have a lovingly curated storage where everything is neat and tidy (oils on one line, hides on one line etc).

Now I play on 2 systems (laptop, medium settings & desktop, v. High settings). You do not know frustration like opening your storage on the wrong system and everything returning to a blob.

So now I just leave it as a blob. ?

A bit over the top......

Well, if you are crafting and selling them and you was use to have nice rows of enhancers takeing just 1x1, it's a pain in the ass to suddenly have it taking up 2x2 squares in the inventory.

I can give you that. Enhancer graphics seem incomplete on my screen. Hard to tell the damage from the accuracy ones.. or even that they are enhancers.

Is it just my setup or are others noticing that Tier IV components appear incomplete too?

and sometimes extractors look like a 4x4 screenshot of terrain instead of an item

A bit over the top......

Other than the components giving off a large radioactive brightness... what's the problem?

My biggest issue is that when we sort items in storage so we can find them later, instead of seeing a nice row of neatly sorted items for easy access, it looks like a grenade went off in my storage and the item I expected to see at the top is now at the bottom.

Does every one has the 2x2 size for enhancers so it is the new official size and not bug? I have never been so annoyed at something in this game as I'm at this suddenly increase in size. :(

Yep, it's 2x2. And all fragments and similar looking tokens are still 2x2 since a few updates ago.

Yep, it's 2x2. And all fragments and similar looking tokens are still 2x2 since a few updates ago.

Okey :( I can't undertand why they change it....

It's dumb, we are not 80 years old.

img-resize.asp

I sent a support case yesterday and asked about it, today a patch fixing it was out, wow. that was fast :silly2:
Well, nice to have it back to the "normal" size again.

I sent a support case yesterday and asked about it, today a patch fixing it was out, wow. that was fast :silly2:

Just quit taking that blue pill :lolup:

No doubt they recalled all the staff from vacations and worked all night after receiving your case :yup:

No doubt they recalled all the staff from vacations and worked all night after receiving your case :yup:

I think so too :silly2:
Well it was a fun coincidente :)

Back