(L) armor with 60% critical buff

If Mindark did remove EST, it's kinda worrying that they never figured out the problem stacking buff items with EST may create. The DMG item stack was set at 20% then changed to 100%. Seems likely that MA forgot that EST even existed. Releasing rings without figuring out if they 'may' decay, is again a worrying sign that MA are not really thinking things through thoroughly.

I did say that they would never stack buffs because if they did, it would create a very bad imbalance. What's really bad is the top crit % is 10% and a crit dmg of 250%. You think it is bad now....

I still think they made an error with the Easter ring. I think it was intended for the ares ring hand. They can't change it now.

I say bring in more eco improving buffs, make them widely available for everyone to use. This way we would all be back to average return but our peds would last longer, like in the old times :rolleyes:

The current imbalance is probably due to the "work in progress" nature of all this stuff, trademark of Mindark if I must say.

tumblr_ndcna4f2HM1qjmrm5o1_400.gif

Nothing more to say since I don't know what happened to the EST supplies. Maybe you guys should wait a bit before attacking eachother based on theories, but what the hell do I know...

Go broncos !

Funny shit. So what new stuffs should MA introduce? new big guns? Only topnotch could use it. WIth these buffs ALL level ppl can get adventage. Its not MA's fault some ppl cant adapt and its also not MA's fault that some ppl cant change mobs or weapon to get the most of those. Yea, EST is damm OP thing which is/was available to ALL. But its just the way it is with EU... hat or no hat... ppl gonna whine

Funny shit. So what new stuffs should MA introduce? new big guns? Only topnotch could use it. WIth these buffs ALL level ppl can get adventage. Its not MA's fault some ppl cant adapt and its also not MA's fault that some ppl cant change mobs or weapon to get the most of those. Yea, EST is damm OP thing which is/was available to ALL. But its just the way it is with EU... hat or no hat... ppl gonna whine

45439cd6d55d18f83d442376405d61d076fd70bcef2f56b231e8ec853324fdab.jpg

Hard to say if EST/Buffs is an advantage or disadvantage to casual players.

Last edited:
as atomicstorm said, this is a whichhunt, if you want that go to vodka who was way more effective :) and also, check out my hunting log, I am not profiting anymore
as for the armor, repeat again. this (L) armor was and remains a fuckup. it is a good thing if it were removed completely, no big issue as well since it is an (L) item, just return the combat tokens spent :) (yea this is asking for a real which hunt)
  • 1000 peds(?) for the armor which is practically UL (used in the "right" way) giving 60% crit dmg increase with no decay
  • 30000 peds for an mk2 sight giving 20% crit dmg increase with decay

as atomicstorm said, this is a whichhunt, if you want that go to vodka who was way more effective :) and also, check out my hunting log, I am not profiting anymore
as for the armor, repeat again. this (L) armor was and remains a fuckup. it is a good thing if it were removed completely, no big issue as well since it is an (L) item, just return the combat tokens spent :) (yea this is asking for a real which hunt)
  • 1000 peds(?) for the armor which is practically UL (used in the "right" way) giving 60% crit dmg increase with no decay
  • 30000 peds for an mk2 sight giving 20% crit dmg increase with decay

this armor been there for years now and suddenly only now ther was a problem thats why i find it silly

Also comparing is a bad point, for that regard, why not just buy rings and the hell with scopes and sights?
rings dont decay atm so why should you use those right?

Everything is rather arguable, but my point still stands, there's only going to be selected few with those higher ends copes and sights, giving no chance for a average player ever to acess them, thats why the armor was around and wasnt cheap to get ever, 500%, for the buff, sure, but not all the people benifict from it

That is the exact point
There is already a exclusivity for some good gear,
Scopes, Weapons, Laser Sights, in limited numbers and only swaps from certain to certain hands always, so the mid range player is fucked, and we cant forget that the game is mostly made by the mid range player, not the 2-3% of higher end skilled players, but this is being made more and more to make that mid rage shrink

But there will still be EST armor sets in game. So now I can't hope to ever have the chance to compete... As people with those armor sets will keep them and exploit them. MA should have refunded the TT of all EST sets in combat tokens.. Or just left it the way it was. Now non-EST owners have no chance to compete

Bad move here.

Last edited:
as atomicstorm said, this is a whichhunt, if you want that go to vodka who was way more effective :)

Iam fine with taking the blame for this and id like you too leave smligs out of it since he stood up for what he saw as an injustice/error.

We have an thing in common you and i.
If we want our investement worth anything we need new players and a thriving middleclass.

How to do so.
Give them the information they need. In my book telling someone too use est is same as telling someone not to use a never weapon at lvl 40.
If you dont his losses will be your short term profit, but if you do he migth bring his friends and they come play instead of another bad review that entropia is a scam.

Last edited:
Vodka just brought into light the fact that the armor doesn't decay on X mobs.
Yes, but that just opened the eyes of some players who didn't know that (and i bet they were not few).
I find it improbable that MA just find out about it and why the "removal"...

Logged in to check and it's true, the Combat Token Trader no longer has any Earth Shock Trooper armor in stock.
I quickly ran over to the TT and checked for nanocubes and sadly they are still available. I guess the right people have yet to complain about that bullshit.

It's "a bit" hypocritical from anyone who has got one of the Easter rings. If there is a food chain related to dpp, they are one of the 5 or so that are on the very top of it, with no chances of anyone else getting close for at least next easter (including the "middle class" with the armor) especially if they use the armor as well. If there is anything really really unbalanced besides the armor, it's that ring.
Assuming dpp matters. If every mid-level player uses the armor, they are no better off competing with each other than they are without the armor. So their advantage is mainly against the higher level who have bought 100k's worth of items for the dpp, and/or anyone else who is shooting the "normal way" i.e. getting decay on armor. Of course they still are lower than the easter ring owners especially if they use the armor as well.
Give them the information they need. In my book telling someone too use est is same as telling someone not to use a never weapon at lvl 40.
If you dont his losses will be your short term profit, but if you do he migth bring his friends and they come play instead of another bad review that entropia is a scam.

Vodka just brought into light the fact that the armor doesn't decay on X mobs.
Yes, but that just opened the eyes of some players who didn't know that (and i bet they were not few).
I find it improbable that MA just find out about it and why the "removal"...

Well the lesson learned is that in order to fix exploits we need to publicly broadcast them so that a majority of players are aware and engaging in the activity so MA can change it.

But nothing will be done about boring of course because that's decay into MA's pocket. Which is sad... But it's also why so few players have ever been "banned" to begin with. Bans = less revenue

Well the lesson learned is that in order to fix exploits we need to publicly broadcast them so that a majority of players are aware and engaging in the activity so MA can change it.

But nothing will be done about boring of course because that's decay into MA's pocket. Which is sad... But it's also why so few players have ever been "banned" to begin with. Bans = less revenue

i hope this works so: if spamming the map key in space with right timing you can increase your speed. now go and fix this shit MA

Checked the token trader.

All the laser and BLP amps are gone too. According to the latest rumor, this means they were too good and MA removed them, yeah? :rolleyes: (or maybe just sold out, like other high-value items.)

Although, there are still 4 Skildek Vavorizers. Grab your and pvp Joda today! :yay:

i think they will show up again just in reduced numbers like with vaporizers and cdf amps, only a few every now and then available from trader

Logged in to check and it's true, the Combat Token Trader no longer has any Earth Shock Trooper armor in stock.
I quickly ran over to the TT and checked for nanocubes and sadly they are still available. I guess the right people have yet to complain about that bullshit.

Lol. That's the sad truth of MA. #daretodream

Real talk though I'm still pissed that EST is no longer available. It was better allowing everyone to use it than removing it from token trader w/o removing it from people's avatars as well.

Yet for some reason no one seems as pissed about this as me. Having the armor run out just exacerbated the problem that smilgs pointed out lol. Who's going to stop players like Vodka and others with EST and uber rings now? We have no shot, because EST is no longer available.

In b4 EST hits 10k per set.

Edit: where the **** is Ludvig on this one?

MAKE the EST armor to have 1defence against all protection and we can leave this behind.

Or, as others have suggested, decay on critical hit when using it.

fully agree on this one if they indeed removed it
It was better allowing everyone to use it than removing it from token trader w/o removing it from people's avatars as well.

Although I do not agree on the 'decay on crit' I do believe that it should decay when hit even if the armour provides no protection against the incoming damage.

And yes, I do own a set.

It's "a bit" hypocritical from anyone who has got one of the Easter rings. If there is a food chain related to dpp, they are one of the 5 or so that are on the very top of it, with no chances of anyone else getting close for at least next easter (including the "middle class" with the armor) especially if they use the armor as well. If there is anything really really unbalanced besides the armor, it's that ring.
Assuming dpp matters. If every mid-level player uses the armor, they are no better off competing with each other than they are without the armor. So their advantage is mainly against the higher level who have bought 100k's worth of items for the dpp, and/or anyone else who is shooting the "normal way" i.e. getting decay on armor. Of course they still are lower than the easter ring owners especially if they use the armor as well.

Yea thats the thing I ment with those high end items that no other player has or will have acess, thats why found the armor to be a nice thing since its available to all.

Also since you're a math guy aswell from what i've seen, we both know 70% crit is nice, but nowhere near as substancial as those easter rings and now the summer

So for me it is now official as I got an answer from support on this topic:

MA Support said:
On 2016-09-12 12:29:51 SUPPORT replied:
The Earth Shock armor is no longer available in-game.

Sadly no information why and not officially posted on this forum. Hope Bertha will still post something later about it.

------

- So next step should be the introducing of new (L) guns that have better dpp then MMs and IMKs. As it is unfair that some are using it, right?

- After this ban all the fap bots and TT all the stuff of this alts and transfer the PED to the main char.

- Then move on and ban the hunting boters for a few months with a major warning for permanent ban on next exploit.

- Dont forget to ban also all trading alts as they also give (massive) advantage to the sellers.

- And please change that shit with the lootwaves.

that is such a shady shit MA is doing here... they could have at least... i mean what else are the silent changes they do? change dpp on weapons? mob hp? regen? and not to mention silent changes in loot of certain mobs...

that is such a shady shit MA is doing here... they could have at least... i mean what else are the silent changes they do? change dpp on weapons? mob hp? regen? and not to mention silent changes in loot of certain mobs...

They do this shit all the time, especially on other planets. It would been even more of a shit storm if this armour came from another planet.

Smilgs why did u even care about this armor ? its like u wont leave your mob even if its in game or out... guess some ppls are made only to cry, they should change your mm to 15 range now like doa :rolleyes:

If they have really removed the armor forever this is some high quality bullshit going on.

I can't even explain how wrong this is.

What worries me most is that Mindark seems to have been unaware of EST and the balancing issue for such a long time. And they have been creating summer/easter ring etc seemingly without this knowledge.

Dont think so since they put caps for all buffs in the first place when they became stackable, and crti dmg from items is capped at 100%...

That's correct, but they put 20% on damage originally.

Last edited:
Back