(L) armor with 60% critical buff

The game is still full of sets.......aaand youve been here a while, you keep talking about what I have as something unreachable while in reality all my items for buffs together costs less then a MM or imk2 used to cost a few years back.

Its getting cheaper to play/get good stuff ingame, now just one more thing stopped looting. I really really dont see the problem.

//Linz

I gave an example.
You stand out and you're not part obviously of the mid range, thats what i intended to point out when i posted.
Buffs together cost less yea but buffs weapons and stuff, isnt avaiable nor cheap for most high lvl players let alone the mid range

the problem with it is that it is not removed. yes, its not in the trader anymore but there are hundreds of sets out there. and when their reason to remove it was that you can" exploit" the system with it then why dont they remove it completely? it just gives the people who own one a free ride on the exploit train. if it costs them money then they should remove it completely due to its "bug". this half ass crap with the silence inbetween is what makes this desastrous.

This is speculative nonsense. At no point have they said it was removed because it was exploiting the system or that it is bugged.

This is speculative nonsense. At no point have they said it was removed because it was exploiting the system or that it is bugged.

so what might be the intention to remove it then if you know it all so well? they just started to dont like it anymore suddenly after some uber complains about it and it gets onto their attention?
that sounds reasonable doesnt it?

so what might be the intention to remove it then if you know it all so well? they just started to dont like it anymore suddenly after some uber complains about it and it gets onto their attention?
that sounds reasonable doesnt it?

We don't know what was the reason to remove it but making assumptions and speaking with your ass all day long will not improve anything.

We don't know what was the reason to remove it but making assumptions and speaking with your ass all day long will not improve anything.

Problem is they will never tell us the reason. Haven't seen ludvig around much either.

So all we have left are assumptions and speculation.

My guess is MA had just forgotten about it or not noticed the balancing issue. All the talk of it lately finally brought it to their attention.

At least we have proof that MA reads the forums :laugh:

It would be great to get official statements about this kind of shit. So we have some idea about what goes on in MA's head and some reassurance that they don't go around arbitrarily removing anything they don't like.

Problem is they will never tell us the reason. Haven't seen ludvig around much either.

My guess is MA had just forgotten about it or not noticed the balancing issue. All the talk of it lately finally brought it to their attention.

At least we have proof that MA reads the forums :laugh:

It would be great to get official statements about this kind of shit. So we have some idea about what goes on in MA's head and some reassurance that they don't go around arbitrarily removing anything they don't like.

With the amount of abuse players give mindark and the representatives they offer to post and improve relations, don't expect much communication.

Correct, especially so this year.

Last edited:
With the amount of abuse players give mindark and the representatives they offer to post and improve relations, don't expect much communication.
I fully understand and I know what you mean. I also do agree with you, But an official statement is something they can do. they don't have to reply and let's face lit Ludvig is just MA puppet and only allowed to say what MA tells him. It doesn't help running game or this forum with so many people jumping to conclusions and coming up with conspiracy theories. We have enough of that already.

I fully understand and I know what you mean. I also do agree with you, But an official statement is something they can do. they don't have to reply and let's face lit Ludvig is just MA puppet and only allowed to say what MA tells him. It doesn't help running game or this forum with so many people jumping to conclusions and coming up with conspiracy theories. We have enough of that already.

No disagreement here.

+rep

Allowing speculations and theories to spiral out of control the last two days turned this thread from "oh there's an imbalance here" to "SHFJSHAGSGDHJK MA hates all players that aren't uber!" And "OMGZ SUCH BS all of my combat tokens are worthlezz."

Really a simple Ludvig post stating "Mindark has removed EST armor and is addressing the imbalance the armor allows."

Would have solved a lot of problems and prevented the throat jabbing of this thread.

Surprised me they took armour out so quickly after got mentioned on forum, farewell super buff EST armour.

No point guessing why now, i'm sure they had their reasons.

Amnesia maybe :laugh:

Damage has been done.

Last edited:
glad i have a few sets saved for rainy days. had my current set since january :cool:

One more time around the merry-go-round

This is just another one of those things that MA finally got around to realizing just how much money they're missing out on. Maybe they were already thinking about removing it but were just looking for a good time to pull EST out, which this thread conveniently gave them.

Can't say they're not listening to the players, right? :rolleyes:

But these things aren't new in this game and this kind of punch-in-the-face out of nowhere maneuver is MA/FPC's specialty. As part of that specialty comes the "ignore the inevitable backlash" perk. This whole issue is going to get a lot of flaming. They will respond with polite silence while they ignore the people they upset. Because eventually it will die off, things will be forgotten and people will go right back to depositing while they stealth tweak until their mistake is totally wiped from existence and memory.

This is just another one of those things that MA finally got around to realizing just how much money they're missing out on. Maybe they were already thinking about removing it but were just looking for a good time to pull EST out, which this thread conveniently gave them.

Can't say they're not listening to the players, right? :rolleyes:

But these things aren't new in this game and this kind of punch-in-the-face out of nowhere maneuver is MA/FPC's specialty. As part of that specialty comes the "ignore the inevitable backlash" perk. This whole issue is going to get a lot of flaming. They will respond with polite silence while they ignore the people they upset. Because eventually it will die off, things will be forgotten and people will go right back to depositing while they stealth tweak until their mistake is totally wiped from existence and memory.

for me its more like a barrel filling with water. everytime they do shit it fills a bit. when its full the people quit the game. guess why there are a lot of bulk skill sales + whole inventory sales lately

for me its more like a barrel filling with water. everytime they do shit it fills a bit. when its full the people quit the game. guess why there are a lot of bulk skill sales + whole inventory sales lately

Don't worry, someone will fill their place. They will do another "big announcement" event, and fresh faces will come with less jaded credit cards.

deactivated

Last edited:
"IF" indeed it is imbalanced and not intended to be used for zero armor decay "high DPP" hunting there is a simple and easy quick fix. simply add 5 each cold/acid/electric damage protections to the set. done. it becomes more versatile as a plateholder set and breaks a tiny bit faster and the sets wont last literaly forever unless you grind prots with bunny and y pills and hermetic rings... i have a fix for that one too, simply speed prots up alittle and add a few more mulmun elite spawners and increase their range.

while im at it fix the fucking shadowshell range too its a fucking big ass insect with a 4 meter reach should at least reach out to 12~ meters and do and AoE special. tired of people trapping it on the damn stairs and tunnel to the mindreavers :( Increase the pyromancers TP reach 10 meters while we're at it, anyone with 110 meter rifle can kill it out of his tp reach.

"IF" indeed it is imbalanced and not intended to be used for zero armor decay "high DPP" hunting there is a simple and easy quick fix. simply add 5 each cold/acid/electric damage protections to the set. done. it becomes more versatile as a plateholder set and breaks a tiny bit faster and the sets wont last literaly forever unless you grind prots with bunny and y pills and hermetic rings... i have a fix for that one too, simply speed prots up alittle and add a few more mulmun elite spawners and increase their range.

while im at it fix the fucking shadowshell range too its a fucking big ass insect with a 4 meter reach should at least reach out to 12~ meters and do and AoE special. tired of people trapping it on the damn stairs and tunnel to the mindreavers :( Increase the pyromancers TP reach 10 meters while we're at it, anyone with 110 meter rifle can kill it out of his tp reach.

Your simple fix has an armour stat change, mob speed change, mob aggro change, mob spawn rate change. It's not that simple. I also think these changes would frustrate a lot of current hunters.

The only realistic way I think would have worked was a change to the buffing amount of the armour. Rather than +60%, make it something negligible like +10% (effectively only +5% average). But we're far past that unfortunately.

With the Shadowshell, I agree, it's annoying. Perhaps a better solution would be to spawn SS in the larger marcimex room, and have a 1/2-size one in the small marcimex room because the main issue with it is people avoiding/trapping so that they don't die and have to run past chalte again.

Nerf all the things! Buff all the things! Kill all the hunting niches! Better yet, just reboot the whole universe.

Nerf all the things! Buff all the things! Kill all the hunting niches! Better yet, just reboot the whole universe.

There will always be niches, tricks, and "exploits"... it's impossible to create a perfect EU w/o any exploits.. it's either you take advantage of it or you don't..

Back onto the subject of this armor.. If it was removed for being imbalanced, it was probably done for its effect on shared loot and team hunting...

massive eco has a definite effect on your returns in shared loot, as your dpp is significantly higher than the collective dpp used to kill the mob. So a team of 3.2dpp players hunting wouldn't really matter.. but 100 2.9dpp players and 1 3.2 dpp player w/ est makes a huge difference.. the 100 players might get 91% return while the 3.2 player would get 100%+.. That's more than likely the problem w/ EST.. and a blatantly unfair one at that.

I'm convinced the armor doesn't make a bit of difference in the long-term for solo hunting.

There will always be niches, tricks, and "exploits"... it's impossible to create a perfect EU w/o any exploits.. it's either you take advantage of it or you don't..

Back onto the subject of this armor.. If it was removed for being imbalanced, it was probably done for its effect on shared loot and team hunting...

massive eco has a definite effect on your returns in shared loot, as your dpp is significantly higher than the collective dpp used to kill the mob. So a team of 3.2dpp players hunting wouldn't really matter.. but 100 2.9dpp players and 1 3.2 dpp player w/ est makes a huge difference.. the 100 players might get 91% return while the 3.2 player would get 100%+.. That's more than likely the problem w/ EST.. and a blatantly unfair one at that.

I'm convinced the armor doesn't make a bit of difference in the long-term for solo hunting.

Wait, eco is an advantage?! Well fuck, let's remove that imk2, and the Easter Ring, and the Perfectd Ares, and other rings, and those scopes, and the Mod BGHs...

Wait, eco is an advantage?! Well fuck, let's remove that imk2, and the Easter Ring, and the Perfectd Ares, and other rings, and those scopes, and the Mod BGHs...

Easier to remove EST than rings/guns/etc...

Any one of these isn't bad in itself. But a high dpp weapon + rings + EST is catastrophic to shared loot. Less fortunate players are inherently robbed in that instance.

Removing EST for that reason is prudent, assuming that was the only reason it was removed. I still strongly disagree with allowing sets to continue to exist on game when new sets cannot be purchased. Huge injustice to the player base there.

Still a far lesser "injustice" than removing an items from players who purchased them.

i disagree.. MA knows the market value of items.. they could have provided some sort of compensation. Injustice to a few is better than injustice to many.

also if they remove it because it is bugged (maybe only together with other items but anway) then those who own a set and MA doesnt remove it means that those people get a free card to exploit the system. that cant be good can it?

The EST set has been around for a very long time. To knee-jerk remove the set due to a "bug" at this stage would be a gross mishandling of the situation.

If indeed there is a bug so severe, they are responsible for re-balancing. Players invested in sets because they perceived the benefits of the set. There was no intention to "exploit". To recognize something is good doesn't make it automatically an exploit, just like some of the pre-gold / early gold items are well known and highly valued for their efficiency. That doesn't make them wrong nor justify their removal.

We are throwing the world "exploit" around an awful lot when the issue is really about unfair imbalance. Also, I think you may be underestimating the amount of EST currently in play. If there really is a balance issue that is not justified by the cost of the set, then for the sake of keeping the peace among the player base, MA needs to invest in some brain power to resolve the specific balancing issues. Not just wipe their little mistake from existence.

I think it would suck for the players who invested in EST for its current stats and abilities to suddenly have its capability nerfed. It basically negates when players put the time in to study the game and understand what items are good values for their price...since economy is part of this game, I think an strong hand by MA can deteriorate trust with the player base. (not saying MA hasn't done it before...)

I understand why MA stopped spawning new sets (it caused players to steer towards very specific mobs, eventually would have made the game quite monotonic...)

But could argue we should remove all rings, because the give players an unfair advantage and they don't decay! (what's the difference???)

Removing EST for that reason is prudent, assuming that was the only reason it was removed. I still strongly disagree with allowing sets to continue to exist on game when new sets cannot be purchased. Huge injustice to the player base there.

I doubt MA will remove EST.

Last edited:
Back