(L) armor with 60% critical buff

To put things into perspective
(L) armor used as explained
* 60% crit dmg increase
* no decay if used as explained so virtually UL
* works on all weapons
* costs literally nothing
* invites to exploit (by vtol / trapping / other means)

mk2 sight
* 20% crit dmg increase
* decays
* works on one weapon
* costs ~30k peds if manage to find one at all

excellent...

Basing on your own spreadsheet of costs, using this armour alone w/ Mod Merc + h204 =

Base Theoretical Dmg = 68.607
60% crit Theoretical Dmg = 69.675

However, no increase in cost (22.355), new Theoretical DPP = 3.117, which is a 1.56% increase.

So effectively, using Shock armour in a non-decay fashion (shared mobs, electric mobs, tide claw etc) is more effective than a mod ares ring, and that is without any increase to crit chance (i.e. using it in combination w/ perfected ares).

I'm sure you have the raw spreadsheet to recalculate what your overall DPP would be with your full setup of rings, sights and scopes with the armour :)

You r free to use this armor, as others r free to invest in mk2 sight scope n other buffshitz that can be used for ANY mobs. By using this armor u can kiss goodbye to any of the high MU mobs (unless shared).

You r free to use this armor, as others r free to invest in mk2 sight scope n other buffshitz that can be used for ANY mobs. By using this armor u can kiss goodbye to any of the high MU mobs (unless shared).

There are shared mobs with high MU? :scratch2: I guess you mean ESI and stuff

Btw since this thread was created combat tokens have been spiking up non-stop :laugh:

Issue is not these new buffs. Issue is the new "requirements" the game demands to have these "eco" setups. Which now has increased alot since Armor, Fap, Wep.

So the eco bar gets lifted and the people who doesn't invest loses out.

MA wants quick cash while not considering long term negative effects for people who don't have the $$ for these items.

So the question is. If these setups basicly places people on the same % returns. What happends to people who don't adapt / invest to the new eco requirements?

Issue is not these new buffs. Issue is the new "requirements" the game demands to have these "eco" setups. Which now has increased alot since Armor, Fap, Wep.

So the eco bar gets lifted and the people who doesn't invest loses out.

MA wants quick cash while not considering long term negative effects for people who don't have the $$ for these items.

So the question is. If these setups basicly places people on the same % returns. What happends to people who don't adapt / invest to the new eco requirements?

It's really not that expensive to get a reasonable level of buffs.

For less than $100 you can have Imp Ares, Adj Athenic, Thorifoid helmet. That gives +13% reload, +0.8% crit chance, +8% crit dmg, +8% evade, dodge, jammer.

I still can't understand why this matters. MA built the armor and put it into game knowing full well how it would be used. They also knew that decay is inevitable.

If you don't like how other players are using it, then go buy a set and use it yourself. Problem solved. Everyone knows your dpp compared to collective dpp makes a difference. That's why MA introduced bufftropia - to level the playing field against 3.05-3.25 dpp players. :wise:

They don't survive for long.
Some play for fun with little turnover. Some quit. Some lurk around the forums and blame evil lootius and think that a 95% return is impossible (when in fact it's quite a bad return for a mediocre-medium grinder). And all because poor or no research, bad mentors etc.

There's plenty of information in the forums. Most important when budget is low, you have to adapt what you hunt with what's on your PED card. Going to LT with 300 PED ammo is a poor decision in 99,5% cases. Do kerbs, paired with sweating, 'seeking', small trading, providing services and you can survive for as long the game is alive but with little to no investment your progress will be very slow...

The real question is: how committed are you?

I got your point now smilgs, however, you'd agree with me, this issue is nothing compared to the wave exploiters we got atm is it?
Most take decay when using it, for most ped cards is not suitable, let alone investing 5 digits in a single scope/ sight like some got the chance to do if they find them as you mentioned.

I got your point now smilgs, however, you'd agree with me, this issue is nothing compared to the wave exploiters we got atm is it?
Most take decay when using it, for most ped cards is not suitable, let alone investing 5 digits in a single scope/ sight like some got the chance to do if they find them as you mentioned.

Other than mushrooms, perhaps someone should shed light on the wave exploits.. because people (including me) don't know how far this rabbit hole goes.

Other than mushrooms, perhaps someone should shed light on the wave exploits.. because people (including me) don't know how far this rabbit hole goes.

Rings.

Or indeed... any item you're actively looking for.

How about everything ?

pyri, dianth, gold, esi, robot upgrade components, basically anything with MU :D
Biggest one yet was last year's migration

pyri, dianth, gold, esi, robot upgrade components, basically anything with MU :D
Biggest one yet was last year's migration

Last year's migration just made it ultra obvious to everyone. Even new players / players who don't involve themselves here, and have no concept of "waves", saw that if you got an ELM, you would get more over the next couple kills.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Earth_Shock_Trooper_Armor_(L)

crazy dpp increase as long as you are not hit by anything, (one of?) the greatest exploit generating ideas ever
* evading mobs in unfair ways (trapping, vtoling, whatever else)
* participating in shared loot events or just teaming

keep it up, good job!

Dude don't be a hater, its ok, I was hater too, and I can ashore you that everything will pass away... game is amazing.... Please tell me ...who stopped you from using this armor? Might be your MM?

You bring no value to community with this thread. Grow up, and never post something like that.

And ONE MORE BIG THINK....because of this armor I saw a light of hope for a good loot. I restarted Entropia after quitting 4 times, and I invest a lot. Else I never invested in Entropia again.

Regards,

EST removed, u happy?

1) no communication from MA so removed by MA is an assumption
2) as there seems to be a lack of resources to write properly "nah me only happy when all sets gone"
3) nothing happened after this thread vodka is the smart one advertising "it doesn't decay on X mobs go use it on them" was ingenious. And everyone thinks he is a supporter :D
EST removed, u happy?

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Earth_Shock_Trooper_Armor_(L)

crazy dpp increase as long as you are not hit by anything, (one of?) the greatest exploit generating ideas ever
* evading mobs in unfair ways (trapping, vtoling, whatever else)
* participating in shared loot events or just teaming

keep it up, good job!

Just checked the vendor,! gg EST is gone so you can go back to your profits!

However, thats almost saying that buying unl gun is exploit, cos you have economical advantage over who uses (L) so its taking advantage of what the game offers, (not breeching rules cos you basicly use a item)

Or saying rings is also an exploit cos gives you XX more reload so you win events and kill the competition.

At this pace anything that helps the mid range player will be considered an exploit, so that the top of the food chain keeps strong.;)
Pretty sure tho if osseos was elemental type of dmg you wouldn't create as much of a deal about this :laugh::laugh: or if MM had more range also and wasnt a pistol

I'd love to see a post from MA regarding this issue, because yes, they do read even tho they dont post, on that, you can believe :)

You know it's both funny and sad that you have to go after girts because he was the first one to go public with his disgust. You guys are so angry that you can't take a step back and realize a couple things:

- a thread like vodkas advertising what the armor does is going to spur purchases of that armor and the speculators/resellers to buy it up because of this new attention. It's the very intent of said thread! And also a motive to buy up all the earth shock, should this be the case.

- bullet above also spurs panic buying before the possibility of it being removed, forever out in the vendor, etc.

- the armor is a relic of pre-rings. If this armor is removed by mindark (no proof of this at all and just blind speculation), it is not to say they won't introduce something else to take its place through their new accessory implementation.. something available to all professions. It's simply good game balance and design. Having 0 left to buy is a lot different from it being completely gone. If it is now the latter, then that's a recent thing and I stand corrected there.

- this issue is not relevant to other game bugs, features not implemented, people exploiting. We should create a new thread to discuss that if needed... and it's recommended so that the people that are botting, etc get banned for once.

Stop looking for a witch to burn. Good grief. Game is Dynamic right? :handjob:

Last edited:
Forgot to mention.

Just because you feel its unfair that this buff is available, you should also adapt and use it

You want to know what is really damaging the EU's economy and no action being taken?
I'll give you a list

- ALTs - plenty of higher end players got second accounts to manipulate the markets and hunt for ppl's mistakes being "incognito" that way cos is a unknown avatar.

- Wave hunters - Soon if nothing's done I'll ruin the "dream" of some, all you got to do is open boxes, hunt the right mobs that drop specific type of loot on certain types and you know it will drop. might not be to you but it will surelly drop. People made alts to control this by hunting smaller mobs with indicators for that, so they hunt with their main avatars.

- Wave boxes - Oh didnt i say before all is wave somewhere on PCF? well it is, coicidence that the rings open all in the same time? nope it aint, its just how silly the system is, so you can easilly see some players from countries that weren't allowed to play in the past abusing this and knowing when to spam the box opening, im not saying at times they dont get lucky, but there's bunch of ppl opening boxes, and not that long ago, this one guy had over 10 imp ares within a week, coicidence? yea right ask him :D

- People with mad gear hunting 24/7 with extra shoters, now that suits you smilgs, not attacking you personally but see it this way, just for you to have your profits hunting on your dpp and efficiency, there has to be hundreds of others having shit returns, but you arent even the "worse", your avatar is just a sentry turret on your mobs mostly, there's a bunch of high end geared people using second and third shoters to keep that avatar hunting non stop

- Bot hunters - They arent as effective as a proper hunter, sure, but people been PERMA ban in the past for this reason, why wouldnt they be these days? if you remember recently some items were liquidated, If i was those older players i'd prolly read the laws about this, because its one of many many small examples that not everyone's cases and rules arent the same.

Any names you want to know about the hints i pointed out I'll gladly provide.
I just find it sad each day i see EU's getting worse and worse

Next thing also, i wouldnt be surprized if you pointed out its unfair for you being the osseo owner to not have hunters and suddenly MA removes untaxed places.
Or suddenly you dont see ppl hunting from range (cos lets face it, its a high lvl mob so either you got effective gear or its just not gonna work) so the mob is kept that way

Forgot to mention.

Just because you feel its unfair that this buff is available, you should also adapt and use it

You want to know what is really damaging the EU's economy and no action being taken?
I'll give you a list

- ALTs - plenty of higher end players got second accounts to manipulate the markets and hunt for ppl's mistakes being "incognito" that way cos is a unknown avatar.

- Wave hunters - Soon if nothing's done I'll ruin the "dream" of some, all you got to do is open boxes, hunt the right mobs that drop specific type of loot on certain types and you know it will drop. might not be to you but it will surelly drop. People made alts to control this by hunting smaller mobs with indicators for that, so they hunt with their main avatars.

- Wave boxes - Oh didnt i say before all is wave somewhere on PCF? well it is, coicidence that the rings open all in the same time? nope it aint, its just how silly the system is, so you can easilly see some players from countries that weren't allowed to play in the past abusing this and knowing when to spam the box opening, im not saying at times they dont get lucky, but there's bunch of ppl opening boxes, and not that long ago, this one guy had over 10 imp ares within a week, coicidence? yea right ask him :D

- People with mad gear hunting 24/7 with extra shoters, now that suits you smilgs, not attacking you personally but see it this way, just for you to have your profits hunting on your dpp and efficiency, there has to be hundreds of others having shit returns, but you arent even the "worse", your avatar is just a sentry turret on your mobs mostly, there's a bunch of high end geared people using second and third shoters to keep that avatar hunting non stop

- Bot hunters - They arent as effective as a proper hunter, sure, but people been PERMA ban in the past for this reason, why wouldnt they be these days? if you remember recently some items were liquidated, If i was those older players i'd prolly read the laws about this, because its one of many many small examples that not everyone's cases and rules arent the same.

Any names you want to know about the hints i pointed out I'll gladly provide.
I just find it sad each day i see EU's getting worse and worse

Next thing also, i wouldnt be surprized if you pointed out its unfair for you being the osseo owner to not have hunters and suddenly MA removes untaxed places.
Or suddenly you dont see ppl hunting from range (cos lets face it, its a high lvl mob so either you got effective gear or its just not gonna work) so the mob is kept that way

The last paragraph is just stupid. Let's not go over the top.

The rest is not relevant to earth shock. These are all your grievances. Like I've said to you and others, if you want the exploits and stuff fixed or attention made, it's time for it to all go public. Videos, examples, and everything and you could do it all on pcf if you let the videos do the naming and stick to facts. Right now, you're just a guy on the corner telling passerbys that a storm is coming. No one can see any clouds or see it raining.

The last paragraph is just stupid. Let's not go over the top.

The rest is not relevant to earth shock. These are all your grievances. Like I've said to you and others, if you want the exploits and stuff fixed or attention made, it's time for it to all go public. Videos, examples, and everything and you could do it all on pcf if you let the videos do the naming and stick to facts.

They are public
If you post a video what happens? Nazi mods will strike cos you cant show names or acuse or whatever
If you send a report, you get no reply for months
How's that going to fix?

As for EST, yea its been a main part of my setup for months , since around march/april, that i decided to use only EST to see how the results compare to other months.
And since i use range i could spare it way more decay than most hunters on most mobs.

Its not all grievances, its just plain examples.
If you would care you'd get the point

I'll give you an example, some years back you couldnt get anything back you TT'd
Until Joe Jeff TT'd his unl OA105, sucks but rules should be fair for everyone and the same right? (even tho it was fucked up as it was for everyone else)
But ofc given that case a "new rule" was created and something was changed on purpose for that case

Like that has happened, many other things did and i garantee you, many more wil

So if ES is removed from vendor, what happens to the EST already in game? 5000% markup and another item reserved to only a select few? Sweet.

They are public
If you post a video what happens? Nazi mods will strike cos you cant show names or acuse or whatever
If you send a report, you get no reply for months
How's that going to fix?

Its not all grievances, its just plain examples.
If you would care you'd get the point

I'd give you an example, some years back you couldnt get anything back you TT'd
Until Joe Jeff TT'd his unl OA105, sucks but rules should be fair for everyone and the same right? (even tho it was fucked up as it was for everyone else)
But ofc given that case a "new rule" was created and something was changed on purpose for that case

Like that has happened, many other things did and i garantee you, many more wil

Calm your tits. Don't do this if you care crap. It's passive aggressive.

I'm saying you are airing discontent in the wrong thread. It will all get buried. This has nothing to do with earth shock. Because of that, it's just airing grievances rather than making it all public (which it isnt.. otherwise people would know about it.)

Also, you don't need to invoke Nazi references. It's just lazy and old.

As for jeff, sometimes good features are created as a result of mistakes. It might not be implemented as it should but just because a rule was made because of the loss of an item doesn't mean it is the new Jeff rule of stupid tt mistakes. Mindark obviously saw the opportunity and the reason for the mistake. If not him, I'm sure it would have been created anyway as many make the mistake of TT their gear instead of repairing it. Just ask quell.....

It didn't take me very long to realize you shouldn't change your gear or alter your setup because of something that could be removed or nerfed. Example.. I'd never pay 395k for Easter ring (that is beyond stupid) because I know they wanted to release amulets and all other buffs that would dilute this ring. I wouldn't flip over to the imk2 from my sword for earth shock because it was apparent it was a target for removal or nerfing (anyone smart can see the imbalance). It sucks when you are impacted by changes but we're always told that anything can change and it has. And that's all on the premise that it was removed when it is far more likely all the token farmers are trying to drive up prices.

As for your examples, I'm with you. I want it all changed... to do that it must all be public and force the hand of Mindark to change it.

Last edited:
So if ES is removed from vendor, what happens to the EST already in game? 5000% markup and another item reserved to only a select few? Sweet.

That is the exact point
There is already a exclusivity for some good gear,
Scopes, Weapons, Laser Sights, in limited numbers and only swaps from certain to certain hands always, so the mid range player is fucked, and we cant forget that the game is mostly made by the mid range player, not the 2-3% of higher end skilled players, but this is being made more and more to make that mid rage shrink

I'm saying you are airing discontent in the wrong thread. It will all get buried. This has nothing to do with earth shock. Because of that, it's just airing grievances rather than making it all public (which it isnt.. otherwise people would know about it.)

As for jeff, sometimes good features are created as a result of mistakes. It might not be implemented as it should but just because a rule was made because of the loss of an item doesn't mean it is the new Jeff rule of stupid tt mistakes. Mindark obviously saw the opportunity and the reason for the mistake. If not him, I'm sure it would have been created anyway as many make the mistake of TT their gear instead of repairing it. Just ask quell.....

Hey :eyecrazy::lolup:...Ya....I learned several times about this stupid mistake:ahh:

Im calm 5$, just the way i speak as you prolly know by now.

Nazi term was purelly cos its know clearly by everyone,
the unl OA105 was just a small example as i said, there's more

That is the exact point
There is already a exclusivity for some good gear,
Scopes, Weapons, Laser Sights, in limited numbers and only swaps from certain to certain hands always, so the mid range player is fucked, and we cant forget that the game is mostly made by the mid range player, not the 2-3% of higher end skilled players, but this is being made more and more to make that mid rage shrink

But that same profession (rifle, and a bit on pistol) has all those goodies. Earth shock makes the gap between rifle and other weapons bigger and it is unnecessary. That's the imbalance. Don't give me the.. well maybe you should have used a rifle instead of whatever. That doesn't make it right or a good game design.

These same toys should be available in all professions. Sights and scopes will likely be diluted by other superior rings and buffs. Mindforce should get their amps, melee and mf should get attachments. I'm sure they will get there too.. but right now we see in a half implementation stage (like many things). Mindark and planet partners are split with few resources to cater to the space people, the need to balance, and the people begging for new content. Got to prioritize.

I'm biased only in that I've done game development for 10 years and it support with the maintenance of a portfolio of enterprise apps for 8. I know the impact of a game this size on a company this small. And I can tell you that if mindark is only getting around $30k a month from rakes, their staff can't be that big at all.

It would be the reason for slow support, slow development.

If Mindark did remove EST, it's kinda worrying that they never figured out the problem stacking buff items with EST may create.

Last edited:
But that same profession (rifle, and a bit on pistol) has all those goodies. Earth shock makes the gap between rifle and other weapons bigger and it is unnecessary. That's the imbalance. Don't give me the.. well maybe you should have used a rifle instead of whatever. That doesn't make it right or a good game design.

These same toys should be available in all professions. Sights and scopes will likely be diluted by other superior rings and buffs. Mindforce should get their amps, melee and mf should get attachments. I'm sure they will get there too.. but right now we see in a half implementation stage (like many things). Mindark and planet partners are split with few resources to cater to the space people, the need to balance, and the people begging for new content. Got to prioritize.

For that reason, how about MindForce users? they are just all fucked?
the gaps between professions been always there

There's their pros and cons for each one of them
Your blade in example achieves higher dpp than any avg hunter has alone, without any buff, should we appeal for all imk2 to be nerfed too then?

Back