(L) armor with 60% critical buff

well this thing may be exploitable, although its difficult to call it that as it is all within the ruleset of the game, but the map key exploit in space is a clear exploit and should be fixed. and not this armor bullshit.everyone who was hoarding tokens is gonna cry now because the price will drop significantly

MA got some explaining here too do.
Either they done a big error programming how loot works and are losing peds on it (super unlikely)

Or they are running by demand in supportcases changing things ingame after someones partial request.
Dev/player trust is seriously damaged.

explosives was removed from loot
blueprints was removed from loot - various kind (svempas, vrx rockets, isis lp485....)
lf type guns and others was removed from loot

I would not stress so much really :)

Of coures, super bad timing, when one of players start to complain about est because it cannot be used by itself its bad rep decision.

but it is how it is :) game is dynamics, this armors was in game like 4 years?

and i would be really calm, since mindark never changes stats of already existing items, and not removes it form any inventory :) that i could give 10000%

//mg

They did on 1x0 Axe ..5.18 Max Dpp anyone? :)

although i do own an set of est,the armor in combination with rings/buffs/impmk2 may simply have been to good,

i dont know how loot works,but suppose that with est and all the buffs it was possible to proft tt -wise on an steady basis then ma had to remove it for the survival of ma itself

but with just removing it from the trader they enlarged the gap between those that have and use and those that dont have it

having said that,id hate it if they removed it from my inventory :p
but i reckon theres no other option

profiting tt wise is pretty easily doable with adj resto chip and a weapon in the range of 2,95 dpp or higher. so maybe remove adj resto too

Dear Smilgs,
Could you please start a rant against nanocubes and explosive projectiles?
This time maybe suggest a decent solution so the "powers that be" don't fuck everything up totally -- such as suggesting that nanocubes could be made by refining crap robot loot.

Yours truly,

-SnowLeopard

suddenly one player who claims to have direct line with MA complains and days later it's removed
Heh your sarcasm meter just imploded. How funny people think MA cares about what I think or communicate on.

although i do own an set of est,the armor in combination with rings/buffs/impmk2 may simply have been to good,

i dont know how loot works,but suppose that with est and all the buffs it was possible to proft tt -wise on an steady basis then ma had to remove it for the survival of ma itself

but with just removing it from the trader they enlarged the gap between those that have and use and those that dont have it

having said that,id hate it if they removed it from my inventory :p
but i reckon theres no other option

Yes there would be a gap problem unfortunately now that there are sets out there. Everyone forgets this armor is pre-rings and buffs and yes, with an eco safeguard on weapons (which exists) of 3.2, it's not surprising that they would remove earth shock. If they were going to do it now, it should have been done when they released rings. Everyone is getting up and arms about what is clearly a balance problem. You can say the same for imk2 with the existing safe guards, but it was grandfathered *stirs the pot*.

I understand the outrage but honestly I think we are all going over the top.

And yea, could someone kill explosives already...and where is this "confirmation" at that mindark did remove est? (And no I didn't put in a support case about earth shock)

Dear Smilgs,
Could you please start a rant against nanocubes and explosive projectiles?
This time maybe suggest a decent solution so the "powers that be" don't fuck everything up totally -- such as suggesting that nanocubes could be made by refining crap robot loot.

Yours truly,

-SnowLeopard

Don't forget about imk2 and mod fap!

Support ticket created for the armor to be removed properly. Stop crying until that is done if you wanted that armor you already had it if not then you can still buy one.

seems you forget one thing.

since you own mod fap SGA, that gives skills same as similar M600 fap - about 23ped a day :)

and i doubt you would want that half of people reading this thread would ask MOD FAP SGA be removed, since its was all time called an bugged fap.

don't dig a hole under you.

//mg

since you own mod fap SGA, that gives skills same as similar M600 fap - about 23ped a day :)

and i doubt you would want that half of people reading this thread would ask MOD FAP SGA be removed, since its was all time called an bugged fap.

//mg

:lolup:
What he said!

And yea, could someone kill explosives already...and where is this "confirmation" at that mindark did remove est? (And no I didn't put in a support case about earth shock)

It's a few pages back, a support case reply to Skorp.

I think everyone is referencing this post from Skorp, there's a support reply there.

Unless it was all a joke I didn't get either. But you are probably right, I'll say no more and wait to see what happens.

My apologies for the harsh language in my previous post, I wont edit it tho.

Again people are completely uninformed but have an opinion. Also don't compare apples with oranges it's an UL item and what's even more crazy it even decays.
Digging on, let the dogs bark :)

It's a few pages back, a support case reply to Skorp.

I think everyone is referencing this post from Skorp, there's a support reply there.

Unless it was all a joke I didn't get either. But you are probably right, I'll say no more and wait to see what happens.

My apologies for the harsh language in my previous post, I wont edit it tho.

It wasn´t a joke from me and I have indeed got this answer, that also contained:

MA Support said:
We apologize if this is causing you any inconvenience but unfortunately we do not have any more information about this.

It make no sense to joke on such a topic. Specially if you bought an Ares Ring Imp. before MA manipulated the MU with the rain of them and a +1% Crit. Scope just because of this Armor.

However I have asked the support again to post something about this Armor and if more steps will be done. I do also understand if such an answer from them will maybe take some time as mostly next steps aren´t decided yet.

It wasn´t a joke from me and I have indeed got this answer, that also contained:

It make no sense to joke on such a topic. Specially if you bought an Ares Ring Imp. before MA manipulated the MU with the rain of them and a +1% Crit. Scope just because of this Armor.

However I have asked the support again to post something about this Armor and if more steps will be done. I do also understand if such an answer from them will maybe take some time as mostly next steps aren´t decided yet.

Thanks, I missed the post since I try to not read drama saturated posts as I always have a tendency to set the tone of reason in a place that usually has little.

To those that are asking why is it a problem now instead of years that the armor is in game.. you apparently miss that this armor is armor relic of pre-rings. And I'm almost positive that they forgot about the armor when they introduced buffs as evident by others observations. We might just as easily see a future 60% crit dmg ring. Wait for christmas... :D

Also @vodka, there is a reason why this eco safeguard exists. It is for the very reason of that axe that neverdie introduced.. or whichever weapon was 9dpp. It is very reasonable that the excessively high eco people got with 10 accu enhancers, 5% crit and earth shock did make mindark lose peds. It shows a few things... that mindark didn't think buff caps out well enough and also their perspectives don't come from a player poverty, such as where arkadia gets their advantages.

Simple question: why you didn't use EST?

explosives was removed from loot
blueprints was removed from loot - various kind (svempas, vrx rockets, isis lp485....)
lf type guns and others was removed from loot

I would not stress so much really :)

Of coures, super bad timing, when one of players start to complain about est because it cannot be used by itself its bad rep decision.

but it is how it is :) game is dynamics, this armors was in game like 4 years?

and i would be really calm, since mindark never changes stats of already existing items, and not removes it form any inventory :) that i could give 10000%

//mg

You are right but the coicidence on this
Put yourself as newcomer or mid range, would you feel there is fairness among all? I dont at least.

Well well, what an amazing coincidence that would be don't you think? The armor has been here for a very long time, suddenly one player who claims to have direct line with MA complains and days later it's removed.

And the armor itself is not an exploit, it was pretty much the only affordable way to improve your eco a bit. See? I said a bit because that's the truth, you would need a massive investment for it to have a bigger impact (easter ring? perfected ares? ...).

What has happened is that someone saw his position at the top of the food chain in peril and, instead of adapting to the new game meta decided to be a kid and just complain.

Let's see how things work out, I expect some kind of announcement from MindArk about this whole mess.

Whatever the outcome may be I hope the community remembers who cares about them, and who cares exclusively about his profit. There is certain land area I will recommend not to step foot in, there you go.

Normally I don't take sides and just try to play dumb and joke around to cheer people up but what is happening here is the lamest shit I have ever seen.

Good riddance.

PS: This will be my last word on it, I don't want to contribute to more drama.
Even tho my words may sound like im angry, im not, its just the way i usually speak/type to people, who speaks with me often enough knows it.
But i couldnt phrase it better than O2P did here

profiting tt wise is pretty easily doable with adj resto chip and a weapon in the range of 2,95 dpp or higher. so maybe remove adj resto too

Its not, that'd mean a good chunk are profiting from that chip alone and they arent, that dpp is also rather low.

Yes there would be a gap problem unfortunately now that there are sets out there. Everyone forgets this armor is pre-rings and buffs and yes, with an eco safeguard on weapons (which exists) of 3.2, it's not surprising that they would remove earth shock. If they were going to do it now, it should have been done when they released rings. Everyone is getting up and arms about what is clearly a balance problem. You can say the same for imk2 with the existing safe guards, but it was grandfathered *stirs the pot*.

I understand the outrage but honestly I think we are all going over the top.

That eco safeguard thing "died" long ago, the effective dpp ppl achieve these days is past that with some buffs easilly.

If you talk about the eco setups some players have and they have their avatars runing 24/7, yea that is worrying cos to fuel their 3.85-4+ dpp, there needs to be players losing for that purpose

//mg

Like that there's plenty of examples, Mod fap SGA vs Mod fap aint the same for sure, it should be on the same skill range and they clearly arent, same with imp fap SGA

Put yourself as newcomer or mid range, would you feel there is fairness among all? I dont at least.

Even tho my words may sound like im angry, im not, its just the way i usually speak/type to people, who speaks with me often enough knows it.

Its not, that'd mean a good chunk are profiting from that chip alone and they arent, that dpp is also rather low.

That eco safeguard thing "died" long ago, the effective dpp ppl achieve these days is past that with some buffs easilly.

If you talk about the eco setups some players have and they have their avatars runing 24/7, yea that is worrying cos to fuel their 3.85-4+ dpp, there needs to be players losing for that purpose

Like that there's plenty of examples, Mod fap SGA vs Mod fap aint the same for sure, it should be on the same skill range and they clearly arent, same with imp fap SGA

well maybe its low dpp but i still am in tt plus on more than 30k kills since this setup. and that without any multiplier above 100x (and that one also only 2 times) so despite lacking multipliers im still in tt plus with adj resto and 2,950 dpp weapon (+ the occasional limites ares ofc)

well maybe its low dpp but i still am in tt plus on more than 30k kills since this setup. and that without any multiplier above 100x (and that one also only 2 times) so despite lacking multipliers im still in tt plus with adj resto and 2,950 dpp weapon (+ the occasional limites ares ofc)

Might've been good period or not
However to compare to my results at diferent dpp i find it too good, but can happen, not everything works the same for different people.

But there's more to say to it, cycled ped, ped cycled, etc etc etc.

Last edited:
I'm also frustrated by MindArk missing another wonderful opportunity to enhance the [practically non-existant] storyline. :dunce:
Fine, they've decided EST armor is no longer appropriate to have, so why not have some CDF announcement saying robot forces have destroyed the factory or something?

Safeguard still exists manique. At the base weapon level. But, I never did understand why they allowed buffs to stack.. I knew it would be a problem when they did it. On one hand, it makes super uneco weapons an option again but at the same time, the event winners and big pockets can push that bar even higher and as such there are fewer multiplers to get.

Last edited:

Often the case, people give too much value to eco dpp. Eco is just savings and you can't realize savings without grinding and playing within your means. In the end, player behavior, mob choices/markup are more important than most of these buffs. However, the compound effect of buffapalooza and earth shock with 24 Hour avatars is more than enough to be a problem for all. It's a game balance problem and as Manique says, it's a bit deeper than est. Lot of people getting away with more than they should be allowed.

We don't need another witch hunt. I don't think mindark would have removed it if they didn't think it was problematic. Not because mindark is so hurt by 1 person allegedly complaining.

Laziness. This is the only reason we have this now, girts was too lazy to walk backwards, laziness to adapt, change guns, add enhancers, change something... and now he's smiling, 'what, you think MA listens to me?' - the sad thing is they just did :D

I'm also frustrated by MindArk missing another wonderful opportunity to enhance the [practically non-existant] storyline. :dunce:
Fine, they've decided EST armor is no longer appropriate to have, so why not have some CDF announcement saying robot forces have destroyed the factory or something?

... BUT the CDF managed to steal a BP and now, with noob mats (oil, lyst, sweat, stones and shit) we can make new crit buff armors that decay on any damage but they are plenty and affordable? :D

Laziness. This is the only reason we have this now, girts was too lazy to walk backwards, laziness to adapt, change guns, add enhancers, change something... and now he's smiling, 'what, you think MA listens to me?' - the sad thing is they just did :D

... BUT the CDF managed to steal a BP and now, with noob mats (oil, lyst, sweat, stones and shit) we can make new crit buff armors that decay on any damage but they are plenty and affordable? :D

It'll be the last time I say anything on this, but the bolded statement that shows a fundamental game balance issue and that would not be acceptable in any mmorpg, so why is that a problem now? It's actually worse in eu because it's a lot of money to swap gears.. always getting cut by the volatile knife that is devaluation. That's not acceptable. It's just as unacceptable for mindforce to not have amps and have the same or similar tools as all other professions. All the goodies should not be available to one of the professions (which technically is the laziest of all hunting professions) and not for all.. that is if we want a game that is balanced. That is being handled by the new accessories for the most part and earth shock may be a casualty of something they have coming to even the field. We know they are coming with amulets and superior rings per their quote. They could just as easily make this another buff accessory and then it's available to everyone (which is my main stance).

You can't complain about lack of fairness and then ignore the imbalance. The witch hunt on girts is rather saddening as is always the case when the pcf crowd turns their guns on people on speculation. Mindark needs to make a statement as to their reasoning so that everyone get get rid of their weekly drama boners that is currently girts rage.

Last edited:
also i dont grind overhunted crap like kerbs or trox or so... the swings are just far too volatile

I feel those are more relaetd to player than the mob itself (the swings)
Good days i can go down few K easilly without nothing to show or just waste stupidly vs friends of mine doing the same, they tend to have more stable returns, not all is the same for diferent people.

Yea laziness, while the mid range is forced to constantly adapt to be able to overcome the extended competition, seems the higher end just needs to ask and have the job done for them.

Btw i dont profit on osseos cos i got too low dpp, dps and evade, can MA change mob pls pls ? ty (not a joke for smilgs cos he has skills but i dont)

I cant believe so many players are blaming one player for this, Taco has kicked up loads of shit storms and nothing happened. Also why would MA want to piss of WSS in this way. The only time MA dose something like this is when it effects their pockets. Just Like last years MM event will never get any official word on this from them. MA are god and calys their baby they do what they want and answer to no one.

why? same reason I did not exploit and did write on forum and in support about being able to strafe away from proterons / other mobs, because it was/is unfair and unbalanced. same kind of shitstorm that time.
and yet, would do it again should MA introduce something as much an exploit again. not because I do not care, but because I do
why only now? because I am slow

btw if i use [Thorifoid Berserker's Helm (M,L)] on any mob that does not decay this hat (protects imp cut stab) its an exploit too?

as i understand i get unfair reload advantage

//mg

Back