(L) armor with 60% critical buff

btw if i use [Thorifoid Berserker's Helm (M,L)] on any mob that does not decay this hat (protects imp cut stab) its an exploit too?

as i understand i get unfair reload advantage

//mg

Doesn't it also have a negative effect though?...decreased regen rate or something?
At least there is some downside to it

Doesn't it also have a negative effect though?...decreased regen rate or something?
At least there is some downside to it

its not proper negative effect since mobs that not reach you or you have a healer not care about it.

in same ways est adn thorifoid helmet both have advantages without decay , and both have disadvantages that can be avoided in smart gameplay.

btw , all fappers use Helmets and gets advantage to heal faster, but they do not get any decay or other disadvantage for that.

i am not here to argue about situation, since i will still adopt, but i want to be clear in this situation , that modifications was made not for a part of people that is jelious and greedy.

p.s. about fap - a guy rises 48lvl in 1 month using imp fap sga. Is it not looks like not fair?

while :

2014-09-03 14:18
Hi O2,

The more PED you put through the "fap" the more skill you are entitled to by the system so if it costs more it gives more.

SGA should not yield more skill unless it costs more or is otherwise indicated, it will always be shown, nothing is hidden.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

//mg

Last edited:
and how about using it to heal others?
anyway as stated before I do think it is wrong as it is an (L) item that does not decay and still gives a buff
as wrong as a 60% crit improvement? nop
btw if i use [Thorifoid Berserker's Helm (M,L)] on any mob that does not decay this hat (protects imp cut stab) its an exploit too?

and how about using it to heal others?
anyway as stated before I do think it is wrong as it is an (L) item that does not decay and still gives a buff
as wrong as a 60% crit improvement? nop

it decays as all other armors, if it does protect, it is decaying.

you know basics of game. Armor which is protecting damage will decay.

All armors L and UL meets its requirements.

Sometimes i use UL armor like Sentinel and go kill mobs that not decay it, because i can add specific plates because it is more eco. Do i exploit system? No i use more eco way , since plating is more eco to decay than armor.

seems you lack of arguments, since i can state that all game is wrong. One guns is more eco than others, i can find mobs FOR ALL ARMORS that will not decay it.

//mg

Well, I was slowly saving combat tokens in anticipation of getting myself EST. Time to find a new goal, I guess.

I like the stubborn approach here, reminds me of someone else. You keep on comparing apples with oranges, sentinel nor plates have buffs. And reload does not improve calculated dpp.
A more proper compare would be same old mining amp story where someone managed to use them as UL. I kinda don't remember too much support to the guy using those... Of course it's different in the way how it was done and how many people were doing it, but result was the same, the (L) item was being used as (UL) without decaying but still giving the effect which influenced the return :)
Sometimes i use UL armor like Sentinel and go kill mobs that not decay it, because i can add specific plates because it is more eco. Do i exploit system? No i use more eco way , since plating is more eco to decay than armor.

Difference there Girts is the L amp issue was a hack. Using armor that doesn't protect those specific damages is basic. No protection, no decay.

Or should all armor decay regardless if it protects some, all or none at all?

And reload does not improve calculated dpp.)

you state and hold one argument that is not fair in this way.
dpp, dps, evade, crit chance, crit damage, all states should be important and equal.
there is helmet that add crit chance

Deathbringer's Crown helmet has Focused Blow 1% , that increase dpp directly , its UL and it protect only few damage , so basicly it is suitable for more mobs and not decays.

Since increased dps (reload) saves you more armor and fap decay, that makes your hunt more eco over all.

+ guns that can be made 100+ dps like your MM after 100uses per minute increase DPS and makes gun more eco to use(more free critical damage).

and i think i do not compare apples with oranges, since sentinel can be changed to thorifoid helmet.

//mg

Last edited:
I used Adj Harrier on small electric mobs because faster running, no decay. Should that be removed?

Yes, as said there was a difference on how it was achieved and how many people did it, but effect is comparable.
I think (L) armor should not have dpp improving buffs - period. Same with (L) clothing for obvious reasons :)
Difference there Girts is the L amp issue was a hack. Using armor that doesn't protect those specific damages is basic.

Or should all armor decay regardless if it protects some, all or none at all?

why? same reason I did not exploit and did write on forum and in support about being able to strafe away from proterons / other mobs, because it was/is unfair and unbalanced. same kind of shitstorm that time.
and yet, would do it again should MA introduce something as much an exploit again. not because I do not care, but because I do
why only now? because I am slow
You said it yourself, not cos you are slow, but because you're not profiting anymore so you had to turn to all other players that were using something you _refused_ to use while was available

as i understand i get unfair reload advantage

//mg

Agreed, healers use it for 0 decya, lasts forever, being the cause it is almost tt food even tho the reload will matter a ton. should i save up my helmets also? because nothing is safe anymore when this sort of jokes is done like this without any public warning or post or anything.

ow I said that? crap. seems I recently said a lot of stuff without being aware of it :D
and all this drama while the armor is freely available in peoples inventories and trades. people having it should be thankful to MA for the moment.
can't wait until it is finally fixed (still waiting for that last chronicle TEN part to be dropped, that is the most valid example to show how direct my MA line is)
You said it yourself, not cos you are slow, but because you're not profiting anymore so you had to turn to all other players that were using something you _refused_ to use while was available

I like the stubborn approach here, reminds me of someone else. You keep on comparing apples with oranges, sentinel nor plates have buffs. And reload does not improve calculated dpp.

Reload with zero cost on fapper seems exactly alike = Improves your overall cost/kill ergo giving according too you, exploit advantages.
Only diffrence here is you need too buy an mod fap and have a "friend" with no job that can fap you 18h per day too take advantages.

Bit hypocritical too me that you can use you items all day long too get advantages over all players but working so hard for removing another item that was avilible too all in game at an fair price

Reload with zero cost on fapper seems exactly alike = Improves your overall cost/kill ergo giving according too you, exploit advantages.

Wonder what would be , if i say that all free buffs with 0 cost L and UL comes from such things as RING.

do you not feel bad using ares perfected and easter ring that gives you so big dpp increasy for 0 decay ?

ow I said that? crap. seems I recently said a lot of stuff without being aware of it :D
and all this drama while the armor is freely available in peoples inventories and trades. people having it should be thankful to MA for the moment.
can't wait until it is finally fixed (still waiting for that last chronicle TEN part to be dropped, that is the most valid example to show how direct my MA line is)

you were the one stating that you didnt profit at this moment ain't I right?
Go back few posts of yours and im sure you'll find it, and you even mentioned the fact it might be because of the people using EST and "exploiting" with it.
That is another example, sure its wrong there's 1 part missing, but who is that going to really help? 1 single player that wants to make 1 single set.
EST screws over the plans of hundreds in example
Since you had the skills you could've also hunted mulciber/the evisc, to get Combat Tokens when they were 400-600%, but not im sure they will go down harshly in price.

Only diffrence here is you need too buy an mod fap and have a "friend" with no job that can fap you 18h per day too take advantages.

Bit hypocritical too me that you can use you items all day long too get advantages over all players but working so hard for removing another item that was avilible too all in game at an fair price

Yea exactly, in any point of view there is always items having advantage over others and price differences, like it or not
I believe i gave the example of Ranked Scorpion VS Adj EP-41, different price, overall, similar performances.
Should EP-41 be an exploit of its own now too ?

Wonder what would be , if i say that all free buffs with 0 cost L and UL comes from such things as RING.

do you not feel bad using ares perfected and easter ring that gives you so big dpp increasy for 0 decay ?

This
There is WAY MORE people using rings than the armor.
And armor did decay it, sets last long but not forever, on mine i didnt mind hits here and there because of the range i had, I was happy with the extra defensive cost in exchange for the crit size.

comparinng in my opinion Rings is more unfair than est armor. Since there is no way to decay it if you using it all time on all type of mobs.

//mg

RING vs EST

It shows empty, however I made a effective DPP calculator and i can show on paper if someone wish to see how much weight it has the EST vs rings and such.
You'd be admired

as said, the (L) armors with buffs should be removed, ares rings are not in the same category though as they are UL. and as for the modfap, it decays and is UL as well. anything else?
i cannot be working hard to remove the item at all by definition (1 post and 1 support case was not too much of an effort and the only ones that can in fact work on it are MA), the only way in which I do spend too much effort on is to try to reason with unreasonable folks :)
but don't worry I understand your pain, with the maxed out dpp it makes so much sense to raise activity of "fellow middle class" in whatever way possible, nothing hypocritical there :D

as said, the (L) armors with buffs should be removed, ares rings are not in the same category though as they are UL. and as for the modfap, it decays and is UL as well. anything else?
i cannot be working hard to remove the item at all by definition (1 post and 1 support case was not too much of an effort and the only ones that can in fact work on it are MA), the only way in which I do spend too much effort on is to try to reason with unreasonable folks :)
but don't worry I understand your pain, with the maxed out dpp it makes so much sense to raise activity of "fellow middle class" in whatever way possible, nothing hypocritical there :D

why you care L or UL? does it make fair or not?
why you care armor or ring if it gives same advantage and same disadvantage?

i only see difference that one things you use and prefer is fair and otheres you dont use is unfair.
no other differences here.

//mg

If you are referring to (L) rings, I agree completely since the equip/unequip decay can be avoided quite easily, if one has the imagination to figure it out :) if on UL rings, I will again disagree putting them in the same basket for obvious reasons.
comparinng in my opinion Rings is more unfair than est armor. Since there is no way to decay it if you using it all time on all type of mobs.

I don't know how to get this through, last attempt.
Because an (L) item should not be usable dpp wise without decaying it.
why you care L or UL? does it make fair or not?

If you are referring to (L) rings, I agree completely since the equip/unequip decay can be avoided quite easily, if one has the imagination to figure it out :) if on UL rings, I will again disagree putting them in the same basket for obvious reasons.

than tell me obvious reasons since i do not see difference, only that better ul rings gives way better advantage for 0 price.

I don't know how to get this through, last attempt.
Because an (L) item should not be usable dpp wise without decaying it.

because if L and UL item is not decay in same situation it is perfectly equal to me .

same as you say Unlimited EST armor would be ok , and L is bad.

whats the thoughts on Adj Harrier giving a speed boost which allows you to hunt Traeskeron, Prots and Tides without been hit? I know it doesn't boost DPP, but it does give an advantage to avoid decay

btw I'm not been serious

i only see difference that one things you use and prefer is fair and otheres you dont use is unfair.
no other differences here.

//mg
This is kind of the conclusion i get here about jodas and smilgs rant

So much irrational thinking...

The people using it is mad because it's gone (although not really since it's in your inventory still).

The people not using it were upset because of the obvious imbalance problems this armor gave after buff stacking introduced.

Such sillyness. Pcf at its finest.

(For the record, I think easter ring is a balance problem also. I think they made it for the wrong hand by mistake)

It's disingenuous to just point to girts and say that his problem with the armor is because he is a pistol shooter specifically. It's much broader than that and we're all ganging up on him and skipping the broader problem. When it becomes to buffs, it really should be available to everyone in all professions. Mindforce should get their apps and melee/mf should have attachment buffs.. if we truly want a balanced game.. if we truly want the high end players not to have such a severe advantage.

Mindark's mode is with these buffs and rings, and I'm sure that is the motive of them removing the armor. Not because girts created a thread. I would even say wss thread have it far more attention than this thread or 1 support case. But in the end, only mindark can explain, should they want to, why they pulled it.

And for the record, I used the armor with L weapons and on non decay mobs with my sword. However, as I've said.. only 1 out of the 5 hunting professions can use it to the max and that one profession has the maximum advantage (rifle). So if you're so concerned about imk2 and high end avatars getting all the benefits, you cannot disagree with the imbalance of the armor.

Last edited:
So much irrational thinking...

The people using it is mad because it's gone (although not really since it's in your inventory still).

The people not using it were upset because of the obvious imbalance problems this armor gave after buff stacking introduced.

Such sillyness. Pcf at its finest.

(For the record, I think easter ring is a balance problem also. I think they made it for the wrong hand by mistake)

Rings stack also, bieng that the reason i reckon you bought your summer ring over your old ares.

What you mean with easter, was only 3 of them and all in the same soc, and sold within soc anyway

than tell me obvious reasons since i do not see difference, only that better ul rings gives way better advantage for 0 price.
taking away the L/UL the only difference is one is untradable and the other one is more rare / expensive
don't count me as a buff supporter, I did not support any of these:
* buff introduction
* tiering system like it is done
* ring introduction as for-cash-only items
* cld introduction
* loot changes to same on all maturities
* shrapnels
* explosive blueprints they way that they are implemented
* number of planets that cannot be managed

same as you say Unlimited EST armor would be ok , and L is bad.
UL one would be a tiny bit better as it could be used on mobs where it actually would decay. But you got me there, any kind of armor that you can avoid to decay and still gives buff seems unfair.

Back