Deadline Extended For Map Contest

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The submission deadline for the “Calypso Explorer” map contest has been extended to Tuesday, November 29, 23.59 UTC. This is to allow participants more time to work on their Creature Location Maps.!
Please see the original post for the full details of! the contest.
!

Originally Posted Here

Quite the extension...

(That's what she said)

maybe lack of competitors since prizes is not too awesome :)

MindArk lost creativity on event prizes :)

Also starting the Migration with its temp moving spawns shortly after starting the competition wasn't the greatest. would have been better to allow a proper zoomable map than a overcrowded jpg

I wonder how the winning map will be maintained over time after the contest.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of this, the EU community always come through when asked to complete these creative projects.

Still probably a single interactive map which everyone could work on as a community project might have been a better idea thinking forward as mob spawns change over time. Also I would rather see one really great interactive map rather than hundreds of static, never to be updated again, ok submissions.

Last edited:
Interactive map made by community would be awesome :) Really good idea Matthew :)

#space_flight ~ connecting pilots with players traveling through space to other worlds

I think that's why you see no one really bother any more, because it gets changed so often that you can't keep up.
I know Mega and some others have been working very hard on the Mob section of the forum with some locations. You could have a whole photo album of all the EU maps over the 10 years let alone mob locations.

Also, prizes are awful for the work put in - I was tempted to try but prize actually de-motivates me.
How about a CLD or something?

Anyhow - extension is welcomed I'm sure... maybe I'll reconsider.

Also, prizes are awful for the work put in - I was tempted to try but prize actually de-motivates me.
How about a CLD or something?

If the prizes were better I'm sure there would be a lot more entering but there would also be a lot more teams and the prizes don't split that easily.

An interactive map would be better, I'm sure there was one on the past it might have been for mining, it would allow for searching based on mob and maturity levels and be far easier to keep updated. I've certainly used maps like that before for GTA.

Just a shame that we've ended up where MA are having to offer prizes for stuff the community would have and did do for themselves a few years ago. Think about all the maps pre vu10 showing mobs and revival borders.

Just a shame that we've ended up where MA are having to offer prizes for stuff the community would have and did do for themselves a few years ago. Think about all the maps pre vu10 showing mobs and revival borders.

Exactly this.

We had great resources and then MA went and changed the map and all the mob locations. Nothing to stop them doing this again after the contest.

I have no idea why all the mobs were changed around in the first place, the current locations make no sense to me, only really to favour the land areas.

...and changed the map and all the mob locations. Nothing to stop them doing this again after the contest.

maybe that's the reason why they didn't get any submissions - why even bother when it's outdated in less than a year again?

i still remember when they took away my prefered mob spawn 2 years ago, and didn't bother to restore it ever since. this is not an individual case, it's mindark/calypso common practice.

so, in my opinion it would make more sense to rather update the creature threads on PCF with current maps and locations. we can update it easier and we don't need mindark or a competition to do that.

Isn't this just a case of MA trying to trick us all into doing their work for them for low compensation? Why don't THEY put out a map for us, and make it interactive or even dynamic. Not like that hasn't been done already in this universe. Another fail imo.

1. On current scale of Calypso, you would need a much higher resolution than the one mentioned in order to depict the spawns with a decent precision.

2. The idea of a static picture with SO much info is ridiculous. It was a pain even before planet transformation (but all my thanks to players who did it then), with way less surface to represent, but now I don't see how this could work. How do you represent for instance Eos (hope I remember correctly the name and mobs) where, in about.. 10x10 pixels you should fit in faucevrix, fouls and molisks? Or at least such it was the case last time I went there. Same goes for Jurra Plateau, is wild there, trox, ambu in some other part at least two types of robots, how do you do that on a jpg?

3. Is silly that MindArk doesn't do this themselves. There are some popular spawns and so on, some are easy to remember, but there are many spawns out there (some of them really great, met while mining) not visited by anyone. Simply because the size of the map is huge now and you can't possibly remember by heart .. what.. 200 spawns? This should be a resource available on game's website. I understand exploration and so on, but is too much. Not to mention that the directions given at daily hunting missions are wrong usually, which is ..weird.

4. Please get rid of your obsession of mixing mobs just to increase defensive costs. Cyrene, Ark and Toulan are far superior from this point of view. And it wasn't like this always. Also bring back calamusoids and umbranoids already for f' sake.

Subscribing to see if someone takes the time to work on a map considering the prizes, better going to work and deposit, costs less :D

:popcorn:

If I had the skills I would not have spent days working on a map for these rewards.

Back in the days you would have gotten a set of Community recognition award armor or Emine, not some khaki pyjamas and a scan tool.

Back