Info: How loot works...

H4RDCoR3

Hello :)

My question was...is the System pure Random based or a Hybrid?!

For better understand what is a RNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

Is no secret many games use self-produced generator with random elements

Adviser Even was so nice and answered my questions ! See self --->

https://pl.vc/x9m8t

Whats ure mean about that?

My mean.. its a Hybrid based system... !

I think there is no predictable way as loot works.. thats the BIG MA SECRET ! one day u get luck, other day PED's fly away ... Shit happens :tongue2:

Have a nice day Entropians ;)

Hello :)

My question was...is the System pure Random based or a Hybrid?!

For better understand what is a RNG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

Is no secret many games use self-produced generator with random elements

Adviser Even was so nice and answered my questions ! See self --->

https://pl.vc/x9m8t

Whats ure mean about that?

My mean.. its a Hybrid based system... !

I think there is no predictable way as loot works.. thats the BIG MA SECRET ! one day u get luck, other day PED's fly away ... Shit happens :tongue2:

Have a nice day Entropians ;)

I do not think it's just a random system.

If you see a same individual takes 40 Hofs in one day. If you see that same individual takes 20 Uberloot on the same day including different activities (crafting, hunting and mining), you understand that this goes beyond ramdom. That's my opinion. :wtg:

It's not random. It's quite predictable even.

It's very simple, very logical, and limited in it's exploitative risk.

It cant really be exploited, the game's system just wont let you. The only thing that really matters is grabbing enough peds to cycle through in order to see what the game has to truly offer.

If it's simple and logical it is exploitable to similar degree like you can exploit probablity density in card games fe.

If it's simple and logical it is exploitable to similar degree like you can exploit probablity density in card games fe.

That's why I say limited in its risk - one player may be able to "exploit" the system, but that would only be to the detriment of another player (or many), not MA.

No! Entropia's loot system isn't based at RNG!
That's from my experience and what I see happening to other friends too.

That's why I say limited in its risk - one player may be able to "exploit" the system, but that would only be to the detriment of another player (or many), not MA.

Considering that I feel like I have a firm grasp on how loot cycle works on my avatar, I've elected to do very very minimal mining compared to previous months, then amp big indoors the first week of december.

Assuming I'm correct.. I'll hit over 25k+ in two towers. Not calculated through my loss.. just calculated by the size of multis i've gotten in the past compared to the ped/drop cost. Time will tell.

If it works out that way then I'll have absolutely zero incentive to decay ped at all unless it's the first week of every month lol. Something tells me that can't be the truth, but it's been 4 months of the same damn pattern over and over again.

According to my experiences and data.. loot is far from random.. and largely dependent on your own activities in game over a set period of time.

Considering that I feel like I have a firm grasp on how loot cycle works on my avatar, I've elected to do very very minimal mining compared to previous months, then amp big indoors the first week of december.

Assuming I'm correct.. I'll hit over 25k+ in two towers. Not calculated through my loss.. just calculated by the size of multis i've gotten in the past compared to the ped/drop cost. Time will tell.

If it works out that way then I'll have absolutely zero incentive to decay ped at all unless it's the first week of every month lol. Something tells me that can't be the truth, but it's been 4 months of the same damn pattern over and over again.

According to my experiences and data.. loot is far from random.. and largely dependent on your own activities in game over a set period of time.

Are you saying spending lots of personal in first week of the month, gets you good returns? This sounds like one of tacos theorys lol. If it works for you, good for you.

/Sean
your last sentence saved your post from my negative opinion, otherwise I would be sure you trolling us for good :laugh:

Wish you luck, what you may find is the pattern will significantly differ as you are not performing the actions required in order to generate the pattern in the first place.

Ahh.. the loot system.
I believe the loot system is based on the same basic system that originated with Dungeons & Dragons.
So yes, the outcome of each action is based on a random number modified by various factors. You attacking a mob, a mob attacking you, crafting, repairing, etc. The formula for each action has variables (aka modifiers) according to the action... for hunting, based on your skills, the mobs attributes and popularity, and 12 other secret ingredients known only to MA and Colonel Sanders.

I think this is programmed by using multiple processes or servers that talk to each other, except sometimes, possibly to due race conditions or other hard-to-detect programming bugs, the inter-process communication does not happen as intended and loot goes to hell, but because of built-in fault-tolerance and multiple processes responsible for different groups of avatars, not everyone suffers equally.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly how loot works and what theory underlies its system, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/douglasada163199.html

Back