Risk of Ruin - Bankroll Management

There isn't any value for us either, maybe just some case studies for younger generations since you are a lost cause. Even if you had ALL the peds in the game to test, you'd still not understand THE BASICS of this game. You never had, you never will. You will always look for weird patterns and what's under the hood instead of reading and understanding even the most simple things in this game.
Please stop trashing good threads.
Your skill count is just like your age, something to be ashamed of because you've come this far without understanding anything you've seen.
Please get back to walking the pets, taking the meds, the usual.

It's this kind of hostility why I agree with Rick. Risk or ruin is in loot theories for a reason. It's not right nor is it wrong. It's something that works for some players and not for others. It's always good to have enough ped, but it's not the holy grail.
We all play this game in our own way. There is no right nor is there wrong. We just play this game. We don't need this hostility in here.
To discuss a loot theory will always have people who are in full agreement and those who are opposed.
Try to be civil please. There is no need for a patronizing tone. Doing it only makes your argument weaker.

It's this kind of hostility why I agree with Rick. Risk or ruin is in loot theories for a reason. It's not right nor is it wrong. It's something that works for some players and not for others. It's always good to have enough ped, but it's not the holy grail.
We all play this game in our own way. There is no right nor is there wrong. We just play this game. We don't need this hostility in here.
To discuss a loot theory will always have people who are in full agreement and those who are opposed.
Try to be civil please. There is no need for a patronizing tone. Doing it only makes your argument weaker.

Rick has NO use for arguments, ever. He's wiping his butt with our arguments. While i agree with you that the concept discussed in OP is not a holy grail, it is a common sense thing to most of the times go against things you afford on long run, but from here to go on dismissing everything that is common knowledge and dismiss the facts, like you used to dismiss the DPP, like Rick pissing on our attempts to explain efficiency factor and how globals work, is a long way and most of the times goes in the wrong direction. That's why, it would be awesome if each of us would stay closer to the aspects of the game (and life) we understand OR are willing to learn...

Rick's problem, like many here, is anthropomorphisation of the game into some sort of fiscal dominatrix that's punishing them in some way.

I hear too often, as Rick said, "the game is testing my breaking point". No.. YOU are testing your breaking point. If you have anxieties about your returns or your PED card, that's because you haven't paid any attention to the point of OP's post.

Rick has NO use for arguments, ever. He's wiping his butt with our arguments. While i agree with you that the concept discussed in OP is not a holy grail, it is a common sense thing to most of the times go against things you afford on long run, but from here to go on dismissing everything that is common knowledge and dismiss the facts, like you used to dismiss the DPP, like Rick pissing on our attempts to explain efficiency factor and how globals work, is a long way and most of the times goes in the wrong direction. That's why, it would be awesome if each of us would stay closer to the aspects of the game (and life) we understand OR are willing to learn...

The problem with some in the forum is they take a black and white attitude to perfection (there is no grey or middle ground). Take L over the years since introduction; any new limited weapons tend to have quite reasonable efficiency. Even when MA didn’t show the stats I had experience of using them for years and had quite a lot of success. Although it could never quite take you to the next level using them, a limited weapon user was always kind of stuck in that realm of not quite getting there.

The problem with unlimited is that those that hold them (especially new stuff) behave like a cartel, it’s almost impossible to join the club unless you sell your soul to them or are lucky enough to be selected as an event winner. Pricing demands will remain, even if items refuse to sell at extremely unfavourable valuations, “it’s my price or nothing”. That allows the cartel to rule in two ways; 1) they maintain control of the top tier of the game, unless someone pays dearly for access. 2) if a player doesn’t pay the demanded prices the gear stays in their possession.

The cartel fear anyone, that could impede or challenge their superiority with access to kit.

You don’t hear the stories of the guy that paid 240K ped for a FAP, or 140K for a gun, that are no longer anywhere near those values. So for most limited is the way to go with a reasonable budget to hang in there and hope for some for extra special loot.

Now once a player has “GOT THE KIT”, like atomic, it’s then possible to view the game in a completely different viewpoint. Partly because a player can see light at the end of the tunnel, so are prepared to invest more to go for glory. That is the ‘grey’ you are avoiding.

Anyway I do not intend to continue this debate, and I thank Spawn for his defence. Like Messi says go and play the game.

I neither want to get into the debate about MA’s game mascots either, I don’t care. I pay my money and I play the game.

bye bye

Rick

Seriously; you're going to spend your personal time, to trawl through loads of posts I made, to find a comment that you can twist into the narrative that makes you all warm inside and gives you a sense of personal value.

I didn't need to go back far, it was the last thread i remembered of yours because you were being stupid in it and not listening to people (as always)...so a quick search in the forum lead me straight to that thread...time taken less than 5 min...i had that time while i crafted some weapons.

The way the game was behaving back in January after MM, you'd need millions of ped just to survive. Which was the point I was referring too. Does it matter now? not really it's in the past.

You must have been playing a different game in Jan, millions of peds still not required if you hunt at the correct level for your bankroll. Something you seem to miss over and over.

I'll post less or maybe not at all, there's no value in it.

We can only hope that this is true....i somehow don't believe it will happen.

We can only hope that this is true....i somehow don't believe it will happen.

Look its really simple.

Wed 8th May top of deposit £200

Wed 8th May 4 full maces+amp on CP, loss -185.74
Wed 8th May 2 full maces+amp in caves at CP -243.39

MU on oil and output componests +79.47

Thurs 9th May 2 full maces+amp feffox +314.81

Thurs 9th May and 3 full maces+amp on feffox -192.75

Fri 10th May 1 full mace+amp on feffox to finish mission -246.69 (no globals)

Balance for 3 days -444.28

Conclusion F*** off until the deeds I own pay me back the -444.28

There you go....easy.

See ya in month or so.

Bye bye

Rick

ps: go and laid or something. There's more to life.

For the fucking sake of this marvelous thread go out there and live your life and let us play the game.
Please just don't post.Walk your pets.

I played the game quite hard for 3 days. More hunting than half the trolls in here.

Had some fun it was quite good got some missions done.....all happy days.

Now I'm taking a little break to recoup some losses. What's wrong with that?

Whats your problem Messi?

And I gave the game a good £700 this month. I think I'm a quality customer :yay:

All is cool.

Rick

And I gave the game a good £700 this month. I think I'm a quality customer :yay:

You are the worst consumer. You buy apples from a store thinking they are eggs. Then you bitch and whine coz your omelette is trash....
As expected, sadly you still have no clue what's going on in your face, and you look under the hood. You have worse expectations than a freshly graduated disciple. You will never learn...

You are the worst consumer. You buy apples from a store thinking they are eggs. Then you bitch and whine coz your omelette is trash....
As expected, sadly you still have no clue what's going on in your face, and you look under the hood. You have worse expectations than a freshly graduated disciple. You will never learn...

oh dear sour grapes Evey

I finished 10K bronze Atrox. Made a few LA managers happy with some tax at the end of that.
Done a huge hunt on CP, made CP deed holders happy, made a dent into my 10K Kretlin mission.
Got my 30K feffox mission done, which I'm pleased with as that my Nemesis mob.

All in all I'm happy with that progress. Ticked up afew levels clubs....superb stuff.

Now I'm taking a little break, becasue it's not a job.

I consider that quite a success.

Let's remember shall we, I added a little opinion about bank roll, and a bunch of c***ts thought it would be fair game to continually troll me. So hey, lets play bank roll. Shame I can't find a middle finger emote to post.

See ya soon, kissy kiss kiss xx

Rick

I consider that quite a success.

If you considered that a success then why all the being pissed off about being down 444 ped in 3 days and I'll play again when deeds pay me back blah blah?

If you considered that a success then why all the being pissed off about being down 444 ped in 3 days and I'll play again when deeds pay me back blah blah?

Where did I say I was pissed off?

444 ped is not a lot to recover from deeds. It might take 2 weeks, month, 2 months....who cares.

That's good financial management.

Now if I ran my card to zero, that would be stupid wouldn't it.

So I'm doing the right thing for bank roll management, and still get trolled.

There's load of things to do with my time in the big bad world. EU is a part of it, not all of it.

What's wrong with you people?

Rick

What's wrong with you people?

I think it's the thing you do where you make some ranty nonsense post and come up with some weird new conspiracy and then when people call you out on it you change your tune and say dumb shit like "go get laid" and act like nothing happened and we're the crazy ones.

To quote Oberon from Dune: "You are transparent."

I think it's the thing you do where you make some ranty nonsense post and come up with some weird new conspiracy and then when people call you out on it you change your tune and say dumb shit like "go get laid" and act like nothing happened and we're the crazy ones.

To quote Oberon from Dune: "You are transparent."

Look I don't want to bite when I'm being attacked. I have a lot of very valid opinions with my game experiences since 2006. Sure I never bought into the MM and IMK2 market (nor did I have special access of free loans of such gear). I ran a ton of L for years and did pretty ok to be fair. Skilling over 300K skills on L gear isn't bad going. I honestly can't remember how much I've depoisted over the years (probably a lot), but it's surely less than the capital loss on old school top end weapons and FAP's.

We've all made mistakes, believing in MA over compet was huge error of judgement. But hey-ho that's in the past, although I tend to have a target for that over my head over that that I can't seem to shift. It cost me time and cash, and I am part of the community afterall.

It really was hard for me to get into the unlimited market, I did finally get the FEN mace (probably the bargain of the decade on auction) and some good armor. But the game happened to be playing hard to get, after those purchases and it hard to take.

You know sometimes experiences change us. I bought the great gear, it took 3 months to pay that off in RL (so stayed away). I depositied again for bank roll, and want to manage it right, so I can be successful and be on the right side of the game moving forward. It's just going to take another few months to build the backbone around my ava I've planned. I've got 4 daughters and wife and house to support, these things are not easy with one income.

Sure I've been open and vocal about the game, that's not a bad thing. I'm cerainly not the first or last.

So I tell you what; I'll shake your hand and let by-gones be bygones. I need to take a break tough, becasue I need to manage my peds. It's all part of Ricks bigger picture of EU success.

Laters and GL out there. See you again when my peds recover. I'm out.

Rick

After all this time, I still read this thread every now and then... It applies to so many things even outside the game.

Love it!

The original poster made profit hunting.

In loot 1.0 (2015-2017)
Does it still apply or will you simply lose it all no matter how big the stack is?

Op has 14 globals in 2018, none in 2019 or 2020. Sold all his landareas and sometimes comments on this forum.

In loot 1.0 (2015-2017)
Does it still apply or will you simply lose it all no matter how big the stack is?

Op has 14 globals in 2018, none in 2019 or 2020. Sold all his landareas and sometimes comments on this forum.

And? I mine just as I did when I left. I sold my LAs, etc for personal reasons.

The rule of bankroll management still applies, no matter what you do - craft, mine, or hunt. The only variable that might change between 1.0 and 2.0 is the lower bound.

Damn... back to puny mobs it is then. :)
Actually i knew all of this from FX trading, but hardly ever though about EU the same way.
This article was an eye opener.

Nubees ought to read this - but not all the thread lol...

It's still very valid. There is power in bankrolls.

I think in loot 2 the power is in deeds or any other passive income.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm actually happy playing the game with passive income the last year or so. Zero stress.

The bank roll just arrives, don't even have to look for it. Efficency and all that, it can't beat passive income.

Given the choice of 100k gun or 100k of deeds, it's an easy decision.

Rick

I think in loot 2 the power is in deeds or any other passive income.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm actually happy playing the game with passive income the last year or so. Zero stress.

The bank roll just arrives, don't even have to look for it. Efficency and all that, it can't beat passive income.

Given the choice of 100k gun or 100k of deeds, it's an easy decision.

Rick

Please for the love of god just stop posting in this thread, you are completely ruining great information by posting your butthurt opinions. Go live your "full life" like you always mention and leave us "empty no-lifers" alone.

Rule of thumb to "hunt at your level"
(there are caveats):

Ammo Bankroll = 100x your DPS.
Example:
100dps = 10000ped ammo
10dps = 1000ped ammo

Mob HP = 10x your DPS.
Example:
100dps = 1000hp mobs
10dps = 100hp mobs

That's the simplest way to manage your bankroll. Good post but it's kind of irrelevant as it's based on a flawed loot theory and therefore should not be stickied.

Cheers
The Great Adventurer

The RoR doesn't make sense in a <100% system in the long run.
So unless there is a way to break even with an uber loot/ath/big multiplier at some point, the risk of ruin will always increase as your bankroll drains.
Unless you deposit to keep up the balance.

On the other hand, this is very good advice for investing.

The RoR doesn't make sense in a <100% system in the long run.
So unless there is a way to break even with an uber loot/ath/big multiplier at some point, the risk of ruin will always increase as your bankroll drains.
Unless you deposit to keep up the balance.

On the other hand, this is very good advice for investing.
You missed the point of the main thread as the OP is not talking about specifically TT. Your assertion would be true only if it was accounting for just TT and it isn't.

Additionally, this was written during the era of loot 1.0. It is still true in 2.0 - the bounds are just different.

Back