Info: The Unmaxed Journey (By the Numbers)

Any chance you could elaborate? Is that at tier 10? How are you calculating that exactly? Does it take enhancer MU into consideration?

It's explained in the earlier two paragraphs.

Sorry that I've been slacking BUT, must spread more rep..

Sorry that I've been slacking BUT, must spread more rep..

spread it like you normally do and then come back.. then you will be forgiven.

You have raw data ....
But Yoda the green alien is telling you to use the force....

Only then can you be a master at illusions!

You have raw data ....
But Yoda the green alien is telling you to use the force....

Only then can you be a master at illusions!

Drugs are bad.

I had a couple people ask me a few questions.. and I will put the answers here.

Q: Why did I do this journey when others told you that you shouldn't use an unmaxed weapon?

The answer is simply so that people could not give false or misleading information. I also had the same thought a lot of people did.. and that was as long as the DPP was sufficient. But every weapon has its own pattern and the leakage from being unmaxed is too critical. It is published simply so that players do not fall into the trap. A happy player base is a loyal one.

Q: Der hur hur.. You lost $5000 US. Game is a scam.. derp [Insert retarded comment here]

I lost $240 on 1.4 million cycled after markup. Markup is what is important. If I were maxed and somehow got 101% after markup that would have been $1400 profit. Ontop of that, I gained roughly about 15000ped TT valuation of skill.

Q: What do you mean each weapon has their pattern?

See test done here by Slither. You can gather from this that each weapon, based on its DPP is like a slider. We also need to remember that DPP is made up by the player base and that Mindark still uses the old school DPP method and that is based on max damage.

We also need to remember that DPP is made up by the player base and that Mindark still uses the old school DPP method and that is based on max damage.
Er... Doesn't the 1st half of this sentence nullify the 2nd part?
Correct me if I'm wrong but my logic goes like this - there is a certain mechanism under the hood that calculates DPP. It's kinda underlying "reality" (as much as we can speak about reality in a virtual environment). We can measure it this way or that way (oldchool/newschool) or not measure it at all, but it's not quantum physics and the act of measuring doesn't actually change anything.

What majority of players is doing, however, most certainly influences everyone else. This is a MMO and a zero sum game. So it seems to follow in the big picture the absolute DPP number on your weapon is irrelevant. Only your relative position on the DPP scale, compared to the overall average in the whole game really matters... Something like that, right? :scratch2:

This is a very interesting and thought provoking experiment, it makes me wonder if hunting loot return is fixed odds with a maximum return of about 90-95% (similar to crafting).

Er... Doesn't the 1st half of this sentence nullify the 2nd part?
Correct me if I'm wrong but my logic goes like this - there is a certain mechanism under the hood that calculates DPP. It's kinda underlying "reality" (as much as we can speak about reality in a virtual environment). We can measure it this way or that way (oldchool/newschool) or not measure it at all, but it's not quantum physics and the act of measuring doesn't actually change anything.

What majority of players is doing, however, most certainly influences everyone else. This is a MMO and a zero sum game. So it seems to follow in the big picture the absolute DPP number on your weapon is irrelevant. Only your relative position on the DPP scale, compared to the overall average in the whole game really matters... Something like that, right? :scratch2:

I am simply saying that players made up the DPP. Mindark does their balancing and stat references in a DPP method based on max damage.

This is a very interesting and thought provoking experiment, it makes me wonder if hunting loot return is fixed odds with a maximum return of about 90-95% (similar to crafting).

I provoke you to go out there and hunt and check it out.

Drugs are bad.

I had a couple people ask me a few questions.. and I will put the answers here.

Q: Why did I do this journey when others told you that you shouldn't use an unmaxed weapon?

The answer is simply so that people could not give false or misleading information. I also had the same thought a lot of people did.. and that was as long as the DPP was sufficient. But every weapon has its own pattern and the leakage from being unmaxed is too critical. It is published simply so that players do not fall into the trap. A happy player base is a loyal one.

Q: Der hur hur.. You lost $5000 US. Game is a scam.. derp [Insert retarded comment here]

I lost $240 on 1.4 million cycled after markup. Markup is what is important. If I were maxed and somehow got 101% after markup that would have been $1400 profit. Ontop of that, I gained roughly about 15000ped TT valuation of skill.
You dont gain tt value when you get skills, you can turn implant tt into skill implant tt, no gain there in tt value, need 10 ped from someone to put in 10 p in it, no actual tt value gained, you only gain markup.

I would always remind that 5% lost on like 1 mil cycled, even if you profit, is crazy amount of paid to get few bucks profit for any game, money seems to make ppl crazy, like work all day a job you dont like, "invest" it here and play rest of the day clicking same mob again, to maybe win 100$ a month more, also costs alot to even get to the point that you can get that few bucks by spending hundreds of hours repeating same action all over, and you need tens of thousand of $ tools for it, you probably might make money, no risk leveling or grinding gold other mmorpg, like in world of warcraft and sell it to guildies, also you pay for grinding, no high quality instances, and cost wont seem to go down.

Would be nice to have no risk mode, can only lose 10$ a month = no big hofs, and old system for gambling, would attract more ppl in and be more afforable

Thanks for logs and tests :-

Last edited:
6 year necro bump just to make a comment that misses the word "valuation".

Most things in this thread are outdated and useless as they are from v1.0

Last edited:
6 year necro bump just to make a comment that misses the word "valuation".

Most things in this thread are outdated and usels as they are from v1.0
Didnt even notice it was so old

Back