Rare Loot Farmers

Status

Noorie

Dominant
Society
Royal Club
Noorie Anwar
MA should do something about the Rare Loot farmers.

The below Entropia Life log for the current month is a fresh example how the same person is getting the same rare part again and again, leaving the others with tiny chance to loot the same piece.

Farming and hoarding rare loot leads to dishonest economical advantage and possible market manipulations.

The reason i am posting this here is because it can happen anytime and on any planet.

Thank you for reading.

Doesn't look like there's much market for the parts, just 300 ped sold on auction.

I guess we have no boffins that need upgrading (set myself up there)...wait for it......lol

Rick

Sure there is a hof sound on this ..but the mentioned part is not that rare and Justine is just that much more active on Cyrene then most other people. I am not on cyrene at all times but when I am there I see him/her active in the chat all the time etc..

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Remember this one?
attachment.php

Reactions: Izz
the rare item loot injector simply sucks. it is abused in many different ways already, best seen at ring drops, but also on shrooms when they were rare items, on ELM guns, and many many more.

i bet 100 ped mindark won't or can't ever change it. :(

There are some players who are very active within a niche, which is fully okay. But there are also obvious bot users that are set to farm certain high-markup items from low-level mobs. These 'players' are a problem. They are known, been plaguing the planet for a long time, have had multiple complaints filed against them but nothing is being done.

Have you looked at Chadriak Mushrooms? You can't now (hof list wise) but the same few people loot them all as they go afk between each with perfect timing.

The problem is not only with Boffin Parts.

There is a discussion about the Basic Targeting Chip drop rate as well:

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/basic-target-chips.7381/

We've had the loot injection problem for years now. It was more pronounced for me as a 'normal' hunter on rather deserted planets like Cyrene. The last time I was there I would still know when certain mu stuff was NOT going to drop, and approximately when it might.

This is something I HATE. I can understand gaining knowledge of mining spots over time, or of which mobs drop certain stuff, but playing with one eye on my watch to "improve my odds" I find distasteful.

Moving on to the stage where a loot has been hoarded to max and is then used up at certain times specifically to be looted again in the next period is taking 'personal knowledge' of the loot pool to a crazy extreme.

BUT that is how MA has it set up folks - and we all know that MA appears to have a black hole or two stuck in their butts going by how hard it seems for them to shift them!

Still, change would be nice - and for it to be ANNOUNCED to us!

If Justin is active in chats and not using bots im trying to figure out is Justin doing something that prevents other people obtaining these items?

I to would find it annoying having to look at my watch and state of the moon to figure out "is this the time this particular loot will drop". If mind ark has set it up this way I guess we are maybe complaining about the wrong person? :laugh:

#space_flight ~ where pilots and players find each other to travel through space to other worlds

So just to put it in prospective, the issue is a 2 ped item that might sell for 40 ped if you've got a buyer for it.

Ohhh how I miss hunting little drones that dropped gazz, those were the days. you know the times when it was' fun'.

I hear you though I remember the fall-out for those that wanted the bones for the upgraded plates on CP and knew exactly when they would drop. Although who cares anyway. They pay a fortune for the upgraded part, which has a cumulative effect of continuous devaluation for every new upgraded part made.

I'm sure MA are laughing so hard. Anyway my money is that planned drops are deliberate, it engages the people they want to engage. Why would they change it, MA want it to happen.

My face cheeks are hurting.

Rick

It's one of those rare but not that rare items, the BTC is similar but way smaller mobs, they come on waves about 30-60 minutes apart, you could stop hunting after you've looted one and come back later but they arn't that valuable. Justine looting them won't greatly reduce your attempts to loot one too, she's gives me the impression of a completionist grinder, so is likely working on the mission chain.

and i can't imagine anyone wanting to bot a vlanwing, they hit pretty hard and often with a crappy hitbox

So just to put it in prospective, the issue is a 2 ped item that might sell for 40 ped if you've got a buyer for it.

Ohhh how I miss hunting little drones that dropped gazz, those were the days. you know the times when it was' fun'.

I hear you though I remember the fall-out for those that wanted the bones for the upgraded plates on CP and knew exactly when they would drop. Although who cares anyway. They pay a fortune for the upgraded part, which has a cumulative effect of continuous devaluation for every new upgraded part made.

I'm sure MA are laughing so hard. Anyway my money is that planned drops are deliberate, it engages the people they want to engage. Why would they change it, MA want it to happen.

My face cheeks are hurting.

Rick

Item drops are on waves, based on sine curves over time, and some people have just figured out the times at which specific items will drop (imp ares, shrooms, bones).

It's not some mythical conspiracy, it's just poor loot logic.

It's not some mythical conspiracy, it's just poor loot logic.

Where's the "wink" emote....lol.

I hear ya, it's not always 1's and 0's though or pure maths, sometimes x marks the spot is a really good incentive for "you win, I win" whilst sending you on a maze with a known outcome.

Why don't they change it then? I think MA love to direct their little pets playing God. MA not silly.

Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
It's not only about the BTC looting, as you can see from her post #4 here:

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/basic-target-chips.7381/

she clearly says she is hoarding them

just read the post, i do tend to hoard them a little, and sell once i get 20 or so but i don't actively look to sell them. if she does get to a stage to use them, expect a crazy looting spree after (but i guess she'll be straight back out there). Cyrene do need to improve the drop rate tho, while its nice to have a high MU on a tiny mob which i found dropped about 1 in 300-500 kills of drill bots or scout bots (usually 1 every other day from the collector bot ARC mission), it has hurt crafting. However it has also stopped the game been flooded with LR s1x1 and Chons (which might by MA's reason for limiting drops).

Justine looting them won't greatly reduce your attempts to loot one too, she's gives me the impression of a completionist grinder, so is likely working on the mission chain.

and i can't imagine anyone wanting to bot a vlanwing, they hit pretty hard and often with a crappy hitbox

You are right here, as she is working hard and all the loot is well deserved.
She even share with everyone what drops and where it drops (All the credit about queen fap mission goes to her).
One thing I know for sure is that rare loot will not drop in forums if you just whining about not getting it.
It takes hard work and dedication.

:lolup:

Yeahh i am popular !! :confused:

It seems i need to clear some mind.
First, sorry for my bad english.

Who i am ?
I started the game 13th July 2015 on Calypso planet.
I discover Cyrene in September 2015 with a friend.

I spend 90% of my time on this planet.
Now i am Level 58 BLP pistoleer Hit and Level 56 damage

I did all Epic mission chain, Noob fap, Tanhok and Zora. I did the test of faith mission, 215k mobs for clothes.
I killed the empi queen many times, rare mob, and i am with maybe 5 persons in game able to summom Lazidol !

And i have plenty achievement from Cyrene.

I am not a bot, i am a real player ! I play hard and i am maybe with Ludra, Junkman and Ivi the most hunter in Cyrene. I help people when i can, i am always happy in game, i never complain about loot. I prefer loot and use my loot, i buy only if its necessary.

I hoard BTC ? Yes !
Why ? Because i prefer do a 100 click run in craft.
Do you see me in #cyrenetrade or auction to try to sell them with a insane price ? No !

Then, where is the problem ??? Is there a rules where you must sell your loot ? I never heared that !

You want a Boffin Upgrade part ? Hunt Vlanwing like i hunt them and enjoy.

Cya !

I hoard BTC ? Yes !
Why ? Because i prefer do a 100 click run in craft.
Do you see me in #cyrenetrade or auction to try to sell them with a insane price ? No !

Same here at least 50 for a decent craft.
Never selling those just keeping it for my own needs.

I personally looted all the large shrooms I needed to build my mod2600 fap. It took me 5 months of grinding caperon. It was a constant struggle to get all the shrooms I needed with all of the competition there, especially the ones that popped in right on time to get the loot, which they often did. I mostly went there after work and hunted for 4-6 hours straight every night. I knew that there were opportunities for me to get the loot when they came up. They didn't always drop on the same timer, but they did most of the time, this gave me the opportunity to get my share. I could sometimes get the drop when the farmers popped in. Or jumped out of their vehicle to shoot a couple to get the loot. As long as they drop this way, it is challenging, and sometimes frustrating, but it is doable, you just have to be in the hunt to get them. I had no idea it would take that long to loot them all. In hind sight, the farmers drove the price of the faps down from 45k to ~8k now? In hindsight I could have just kept on buying limited faps and saved my ped as it cost me a lot more to try and loot myself than just wait and buy the item at a farmed price, but that's hindsight now. At least I got skills and a few hofs for the effort :)

When I hunt I allways shoot nonstop with the same DPS and not adapting to any lootpattern, I have very good firm results from my hunts so those attempts to time the right occasion to fetch loot seems a waste IMO. Maybe there is ways to optimise the timing to execute your actions ingame but I challenge anyone claiming they can do better then me from trying to time it right. I can share my logs in private if you share yours :D

When it comes to hunting atleast the risk of missing out of the good stuff outweighs the possible gains of waiting.

//Linzey

Reactions: Mac
Also i have left in my storage some BTC ...so im try to manipulate te market???

358 Basic Targeting Chip 11 0.22 PED STORAGE (Planet Arkadia)
359 Basic Targeting Chip 23 0.46 PED STORAGE (Planet Cyrene )

I looted when i complete my ARC missions and keep them for my crafting...what is wrong with that???

Yes ...i have swanting so much and have alot of sweats to manupulate the markets!!!

2028 Vibrant Sweat 521698 5.21 PED STORAGE (Planet Cyrene )
2029 Vibrant Sweat 51 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
2030 Vibrant Sweat 42121 0.42 PED STORAGE (Planet Arkadia)

Also for Boffins ...u have the skills to hunt Vlanwing's???
Please go find them and kill them all and stop to blame good players without any reason...Cyrene is small planet and very few ppl want to play there...dont try to annoying and drive them away...Cyrene needs players like Justine...

Faceof is Dynamic...:wise:
Faceof...:cool:

MA should do something about the Rare Loot farmers.

Thank you for reading.

Oohh sorry, the rare loot sine wave known by everyone who spend some time/ped in game got sidelined, so Noorie switched to hoarding...

I rarely post, but when people who hardly cycle on the planet or even never step their foot on it expect everything to be silver handed to them it becomes too much.

While working toward discovery hof on Turrelia Coat (215k kills most on bots) I hold at one stage 300+ btc (most crafted away since then) and never heard of hoarding. . Was I a hoarder for economical gain or saving the well deserved loot for my crafting runs? Or was I looking to craft for economical gain? And who doesn't play here for economical gain?

Market cornering as buying up the resources with big ped wallet is bad, but collecting (hoarding) the loot you get buy cycling your ped is very often what is this game about.

Noorie, run your rare loot screen on xent x3 for July please. Was I hoarding X3 or just happened to work on paneleon iron mission while you were looking for excuses not to cycle.....

Please stop wasting your time on accusing people who cycle the ped on the planet and go and kill those birds to the get your boffin part...

I would like to emphasize that the topic of this thread is not directed personally against anyone, nor i am complaining about my loot.
My idea was just to provide an example.
I have nothing against Justine or against anyone else.
Once her followers say she deserves what she gets as result of her hard work, so be it :)

Last edited:
I spent 30 minutes on protocore and got 6 boffins one day in only 500 ped cycled. You need 7 to upgrade the armor. If you can kill protocore or vlanwings, it shouldn't be too hard.

As for the loot waves, as I have been saying for years, it is a horrible and poorly designed system that proves MA is lazy beyond belief.

The no-name alts getting mushrooms for 5 minutes an hour piss me off though, because we all know they have a main character on another monitor that they use for the other 55 minutes.

All anyone can do right now is adapt and follow the loot waves because the only way MA will fix it is if they see us stopping shooting for 55 minutes per hour.

To keep the mu where it is at, they need to stay rare, to stay just as rare, you can't make it a static drop because then some grinders can show up and trigger a large amount to drop and crash mu. So it has to be on timer...however MA needs to make these timers random as hell, and NOT be obvious across planets like it was every time a grayphyne dropped.

To be fair, I have noticed some effort by MA to change some of this but it is not enough.

I spent 30 minutes on protocore and got 6 boffins one day in only 500 ped cycled. You need 7 to upgrade the armor. If you can kill protocore or vlanwings, it shouldn't be too hard.

As for the loot waves, as I have been saying for years, it is a horrible and poorly designed system that proves MA is lazy beyond belief.

The no-name alts getting mushrooms for 5 minutes an hour piss me off though, because we all know they have a main character on another monitor that they use for the other 55 minutes.

All anyone can do right now is adapt and follow the loot waves because the only way MA will fix it is if they see us stopping shooting for 55 minutes per hour.

To keep the mu where it is at, they need to stay rare, to stay just as rare, you can't make it a static drop because then some grinders can show up and trigger a large amount to drop and crash mu. So it has to be on timer...however MA needs to make these timers random as hell, and NOT be obvious across planets like it was every time a grayphyne dropped.

To be fair, I have noticed some effort by MA to change some of this but it is not enough.

Cyrene and arkadia have taken efforts to get this stuff changed. Apparently it was beyond obvious and manipulated on cyrene for some time. It was in cyrene patch notes 18 months ago or so. This leads me to believe that mindark's loot system is either lazy or the engine doesn't lend itself well to the loot structure entropia has. I'm inclined to believe more of the latter but a mix of both.

But as its being manipulated like with the shrooms, it needs changed and done quickly.

OR those dildos on toulan that tacotuesday loves.

A lot of good that did me, since there is still no BP for them.

I have a pitbull that is filled with dildo's now.

Try explaining that to your gf...

to be fair, if you spend as much time on Cyrene as Justine, you would probably be able to loot just as much boffins as she does.

A lot of good that did me, since there is still no BP for them.

I have a pitbull full of dildo's now.

Try explaining that to your gf...

Well, you're my bitch so I don't really need to explain anything.

Status
Back