If I wanted ot invest $5,000 USD into this game, what would be the best use of the money?

NewellRVA

I'm a small business owner that "flips" things in real life for profit. My favorite part about most MMORPGs is playing with the market. Buy low sell high basically.

If I want to invest $5k into this game would that amount generate enough sales? Or are the margins just not there?

It is possible to flip items in entropia and generate returns .. but...

Entropia economy and financially successful gameplay has a substantial learning curve.

Without proper time in game to learn you will be eaten alive.

Depends what you're interested in dealing with.

50k PED would be a good budget to deal with general market stackables, consumables, low to mid level weaponry and armour (unlimited), depending on your expectations of liquidity and turnover.

You would need considerably more than this to be a player in the medium to high level weapons, armour, items (typical price tags are 10-50k for these items) and the CLD/AUD market (in terms of market manipulation).

To be in the market of estates and PED-generating ventures, you would need another jump ahead of this (100k PED will get you a small / medium profit LA) - $100k / 1M PED for actual "manipulation" of these estates.

As an example - $10k will get you a small LA - but what are you going to do to that to add value (in terms of RL real estate, think renovating) and how many of these holdings do you want (would you be happy to hold onto a single $10k LA, for 6 months, to sell at $11k?).

I'm a small business owner that "flips" things in real life for profit. My favorite part about most MMORPGs is playing with the market. Buy low sell high basically.

If this is the sort of thing you do, I think Entropia will be too slow paced and /or difficult.

But, if you want a leisure time activity and dont mind an initial steep learning curve, maybe you can make it work here. :)

Learn the markets in this game then you can easily flip items for profit within any budget

Save your money...

(Of course one of the MA reps would be reading this thread. Payday for them.... smh)

Before you start you need to "study" the market! Daily trades, what sell and what isn't, when something is in demand and when isn't, trends, alternatives, seasonable changes etc fall, holidays, spring or summer, market is change occasionally! So you need time to say you are sure for what you doing in a very dynamic market like EU.
Start with a small amount to test and consider already lost it to avoid any frustration

PS. ofc you need to spend lot of time in game! Just to observe the market and not to spend anything.

buy deeds so you won't have to deposit so much again later on... cld pay out is higher than aud at the moment, but the price at current markup values cause that to even out so cld are not such a hot investment.... compet deeds have not started paying out yet, but those that got in early got access to the early beta of the game.

Advantage of auds is that they have a daily payout instead of weekly like cld, so you can do something with the peds and keep them actively doing stuff for you as every day is a payday (unless roi is so low that payout waits 24 hours, which is extremely rare, but has happened before)

Of course, deeds are a passive income... so maybe don't invest all of your pedcard in to them, on the other hand, stay the hell away from them so I can pick em up in a few months. :laugh::silly2::eek::D

Stackable market depends a lot on supply and demand... It's highly volatile market and you can very easily end up holding stuff that has market crash on you literally overnight... (been there and done that myself many years ago, not going there again)

best thing to do if you are gonna do it is, uh first of all make sure you know the max deposit stuff... and then make sure you get iban and junk and all of that info from the bank so you can get the money out later (or talk ma in to doing paypal withdrawals later on)... then just hold the money and really think before you buy... odds are likely another 'yearly big sale' thing is just around the corner...

Last edited:
i dont get all the advices,why would any player want some1 that only plays the auction/markets and withdraws the profits ?

this game needs real players..hunters/miners/crafters

buy all of the pyrite and redulite on auctions.. hoard 30-40k TT worth until in-game supply is low and market value increases...

Resell a couple of weeks later at 20-30% more than you paid... profit.

Then proceed to be hated by 98% of the playerbase for doing what others do already.

Edit: Or just bump that investment to 200k ped ($20k USD) and buy a nice LA and profit every month..

CLDs are good too.. but the ROI sucks atm.. the value in CLD is their remarkable ability to increase it value even when ROI plumets below the bedrock.

i dont get all the advices,why would any player want some1 that only plays the auction/markets and withdraws the profits ?

Doesn't really matter if we help him or not. There are plenty of traders already. This is just creating more competition for them, it's not affecting any of us. The money coming in and out of the game won't be affected overall.

As long as there are people willing to sell low and buy high, there will be traders. Just have to accept it!

1) Because we already have them
2) Because they buy / sell on auction, and it beats having stuff go unsold after a 7 day listing

Flip flop, not!

If I want to invest $5k into this game would that amount generate enough sales? Or are the margins just not there?

Learn the difference between acquisitions and investments in here and you're on your way.

I wouldnt invest that amount until you been in game over a year. Reason i say this is because you need to see the winter n summer trends on things and also events. Events can be good because you can sell items like limited guns and its also a good time to sell animal oils n stuff as most people are not hunting normal.mobs to aquire them.

I wouldnt invest that amount until you been in game over a year. Reason i say this is because you need to see the winter n summer trends on things and also events. Events can be good because you can sell items like limited guns and its also a good time to sell animal oils n stuff as most people are not hunting normal.mobs to aquire them.

+1 on this

Also you'd need to spend some time playing the game itself to understand why a certain item/stackable is needed and which are the limits in terms of availability, turnover etc.

It will take alot of time to become a good trader anyway.

Maybe give yourself some time. Like, spend a couple of days checking ore & enmatters (refined ones that is) in terms of availability, prices, sales volumes over time etc., pick a couple of them and stay on them for months and in the meantime study other items. Or maybe initially just throw some 100$ for your own playing budget and meddle in the beginner tier to get a sense of the game and in the meantime do fake trading. Like simulation. Pick some stackables, items etc, based on the sale graphs try to predict what will happen in 1 week for some theoretically budget. Ofc don't buy anything. Then check again in 1 week if your predictions had any chance and in case you're terribly wrong, try to check why.

Is a bit more difficult now. In the heyday of oa-101 crafting was easy, buy gazz underpriced, sell gazz expensive :laugh:

@fluske: Because we need them. I prefer the old Twin/PA where you weren't able to talk because of the trade announcements to the present one where you struggle to find someone buying 20 ped of wool.

Good moment to pour ashes on my head for cursing the resellers.

P.S.: Don't try to become perfect in everything, you'll get crazy, the amount of info needed is overwhelming. Specialize.

Advantage of auds ..... (unless roi is so low that payout waits 24 hours, which is extremely rare, but has happened before)

are you using the term extremely rare in the same sort of way as something being ram-packed?

Less cryptically, AUD payouts have very commonly skipped a day recently, but are back to being 1 pec a day just in the last few days.

It is possibly an indication of there being more market potential when people do not know the "facts" of that market. That is a general statement. However, the markets are also affected by certain specifics and have changed over time due to certain "forces" + cough "dynamics".

Buy 5000$ of Arkadia deeds then come back in 10 years. Don't forget to log in now and then to keep account active.

1) Because we already have them
2) Because they buy / sell on auction, and it beats having stuff go unsold after a 7 day listing

[...]

@fluske: Because we need them. I prefer the old Twin/PA where you weren't able to talk because of the trade announcements to the present one where you struggle to find someone buying 20 ped of wool.

Good moment to pour ashes on my head for cursing the resellers.

[...]

You guys seem to confuse resellers with consumers (buyers, mostly crafters healthy economy).

EU really need consumers not resellers.
Without resellers in between seller and buyer, both get better price and it's better for the game in long run.

Explosive Projectile IV BP and spend it all on that. It saves time.

Another one of those threads where a newly registered user makes 1 post and dont log back in.

Another one of those threads where a newly registered user makes 1 post and dont log back in.

Well when you read the responses and most tell you that you are throwing your money away....what do you expect?

Although there is some good advice in here somewhere.

Buy $5000 worth of AUDs at 55ped, wait until the gold rush event when the income doubles to a colossal 2 pec per deed, then sell them all at 60 ped. Log out for 11 months then rinse and repeat ;).

N.B. matthew cannot be held financially responsible for any losses incurred by taking this advice :)

:wise:

But seriously... if you're even still there, or for anyone else who might be wondering this, know that this game is not brand new. These, and many other, ideas have been long established. You can't just hop in, throw down 5 grand and select a return percentage. It takes time to figure out WTF is going on and even after you think you got it figured out, devs will ninja tweak something and you're in a mess all over again. You have to know about the game and that knowledge comes with time. And if you're only looking for an investment opportunity, best stick with real life ones.

a nice community gives advice. and this game has, with some notable exceptions, a very nice community.

are you using the term extremely rare in the same sort of way as something being ram-packed?

Less cryptically, AUD payouts have very commonly skipped a day recently, but are back to being 1 pec a day just in the last few days.

It is possibly an indication of there being more market potential when people do not know the "facts" of that market. That is a general statement. However, the markets are also affected by certain specifics and have changed over time due to certain "forces" + cough "dynamics".

very commonly is just the same bullshit as extremely rare. I don't remember one (!) instance of 0.00 aud gains recently

a nice community gives advice. and this game has, with some notable exceptions, a very nice community.

I have found this to be very true especially in-game on the forums however there can be some disgruntled players and trolls.

Back to OP, I suggest you go buy the gold starter pack first and try out the game-play to see if you enjoy the game. I think putting down $5 grand and treating this game like an investment or job will leave you disappointed.

buy all of the pyrite and redulite on auctions.. hoard 30-40k TT worth until in-game supply is low and market value increases...

Resell a couple of weeks later at 20-30% more than you paid... profit.

Then proceed to be hated by 98% of the playerbase for doing what others do already.

Edit: Or just bump that investment to 200k ped ($20k USD) and buy a nice LA and profit every month..

CLDs are good too.. but the ROI sucks atm.. the value in CLD is their remarkable ability to increase it value even when ROI plumets below the bedrock.

I have never seen proof of hoarding mined materials reduces their availability.

Auk bought redu for a year or more before it had a use, supply was never effected.

Items = yes, mined stuff = no

Rgds

Ace

Back