Commando vs Killstrike

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Has anyone calculated how much greater Killstrike skill gains are compared to Commando?
I'm curious because I unlocked Killstrike less than a year ago but it's nearly at 5500, while Commando was unlocked years ago and is still a dozen points shy of 5000.
Are there other same-category skills that have such difference?

My educated guess:

Commando is 3% of (Hit) Professions.
Kill Strike is 11% of (Dmg) Professions.

You gain skills accordingly.

My educated guess:

Commando is 3% of (Hit) Professions.
Kill Strike is 11% of (Dmg) Professions.

You gain skills accordingly.

Skill TT gain is distributed as per the percentages here.

Commando is Hit, KS is Dmg. So if you're using a SIB with dmg boost but not hit, i.e swordsman lvl 90 hit lvl 70 dmg, sib 70-75, then you'd gain KS in a higher rate than 11/3 times commando.

No, you're all missing his question.

Some skills occur more frequently than others. Commando is one of those rarer skills.. I would imagine largely due to its impact on hp and there's a saturation of weapon skills by that point. So the chance of it popping up are less and are even less in probability when you throw in kill strike in the possible options. The point per TT ratios are the same. It's just a matter of being an infrequent choice of skill gain. Commandos only real value is HP. 3% is little in the form of skilling hit

those days when u get 10k KS u will have like 7000-7300 comando ...just hope i remember well

Last edited:
No, you're all missing his question.

Some skills occur more frequently than others. Commando is one of those rarer skills.. I would imagine largely due to its impact on hp and there's a saturation of weapon skills by that point. So the chance of it popping up are less and are even less in probability when you throw in kill strike in the possible options. The point per TT ratios are the same. It's just a matter of being an infrequent choice of skill gain. Commandos only real value is HP. 3% is little in the form of skilling hit

Wut?

If I shoot a laser pistol (with all skills unlocked) and I gain exactly 1ped TT of skills, I will have this exact distribution of skill gain TT:

Agility 0.02 ped (un-measureable)
Aim 0.02 ped
Combat Reflexes 0.015 ped
Combat Sense 0.025 ped
Commando 0.015 ped
Handgun 0.19 ped
MMS 0.085 ped
Weapons Handling 0.045 ped
LWT 0.195 ped
Coolness 0.025 ped
Courage 0.015 ped
Dexterity 0.015 ped
Perception 0.01 ped
Serendipity 0.025 ped
IRD 0.02 ped
Kill Strike 0.055 ped
RDA 0.075 ped
Wounding 0.05 ped
Anatomy 0.1 ped

Evidently, you gain KS at a rate of 3.6x Commando, so it raises faster.

One thing that, afaik, hasn't been tested is the rate of gain of skills without unlocked skills, ie. would KS's 0.055 ped of TT be redistributed between the other skills, before KS unlocks? I doubt this, but who knows.

Wut?

If I shoot a laser pistol (with all skills unlocked) and I gain exactly 1ped TT of skills, I will have this exact distribution of skill gain TT:

Agility 0.02 ped (un-measureable)
Aim 0.02 ped
Combat Reflexes 0.015 ped
Combat Sense 0.025 ped
Commando 0.015 ped
Handgun 0.19 ped
MMS 0.085 ped
Weapons Handling 0.045 ped
LWT 0.195 ped
Coolness 0.025 ped
Courage 0.015 ped
Dexterity 0.015 ped
Perception 0.01 ped
Serendipity 0.025 ped
IRD 0.02 ped
Kill Strike 0.055 ped
RDA 0.075 ped
Wounding 0.05 ped
Anatomy 0.1 ped

Evidently, you gain KS at a rate of 3.6x Commando, so it raises faster.

One thing that, afaik, hasn't been tested is the rate of gain of skills without unlocked skills, ie. would KS's 0.055 ped of TT be redistributed between the other skills, before KS unlocks? I doubt this, but who knows.

Ultimately we are saying the same thing but your distribution is not absolute. Skill gains are randomized and influenced by kill bonuses. I would challenge you to do a longer sample. You'll have to note skill gain periods also.

The percentages are how much of that skill influences the professions. For example, if kill strike is 11% to laser dmg prof, 5000 points of KS equals a move of 5.5 levels. This is why it is wise to chip in some of it in the beginning.

This is also why attributes are worthless. If Agility contributes 40% to a profession, you need 250 Agility for that to move the profession an entire level.

This is also why professions slow down before skill unlocks check points. It gets harder and harder to move skill points.

Last edited:
Each skill has a chance of increase equal to its profession contribution, so commando has a 3% chance for hit for example.

I can say like this..
My Commando is 7515 skillpoints.
My Killstrike is 9640 skillpoints.

I can say like this..
My Commando is 7515 skillpoints.
My Killstrike is 9640 skillpoints.

All natural?

7515 SP = 830ped TT
9640 SP = 2296.5ped TT

So your overall rate (if natural) has been 2.766. It's lower than 3.6x, but this is explained by unlocking Commando @ lvl 70 hit and KS @ lvl 85 dmg, which are fair distances apart.

Back