Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
6sRiMk4.jpg

Just logged into my account on entropia universe and saw this:

PNB4dTC.jpg

Holy shit I almost can't believe it. I'm going to download it now and see how it goes.

Link to Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindark.entropiapocket

I couldn't find the Apple app store link, so if someone finds it feel free to post below and I'll update this thread.

Based on some responses in the Discord channel, it seems that it isn't working in game so be careful before trying it. You might get locked out...

Yeah I think I've locked my account :D

Womp womp.

I'd wait until they give a press release.

I will let you test if for a year or two and when bugs are fixes will download it

Looks nice. Now to try and fix my account...

I will say this: Whoever you hired to develop and design your new Auth App MA - Buy them, immediately, and get them to work on every UI you have. It is the best thing you've ever released, design-wise. :girl:

screenshot_2016-08-26-10-31-32.jpg

It says it is still in development. Wouldn't suggest trying to use it yet........:wise:

Ok update for you famalams:

It does work, I got it working on my work phone. My personal is still giving incorrect codes. I would exercise caution when installing / activating this, just in case you can't get in. There is no remove auth button :)

UPDATE to my update:

My phones were showing different codes. I re-installed the app on my work phone, now both are showing the same codes and (obviously) both work.

Nice one MA! :)

Any update on Apple Store availability? Between this and VT I may have to switch manufacturers.

Hooray for no more worries about losing/breaking my gold card reader!

Any update on Apple Store availability? Between this and VT I may have to switch manufacturers.

Hooray for no more worries about losing/breaking my gold card reader!

Your first problem is you are using an apple.

They also have a 1 to 2 weeks delay to deploy apps to the store... so it will be a bit if they built an app for the ipoop.

You need to charge your phone btw.

That's what happens when you spend all day on the phone to whiny bitch customers :girl:

I'm away for the weekend now so can't help anyone really - my tipz: reinstall the app, and re-scan the code.

That's what happens when you spend all day on the phone to whiny bitch customers :girl:

I'm away for the weekend now so can't help anyone really - my tipz: reinstall the app, and re-scan the code.

You work for mindark????

I had to go there.

Last edited:
So this is only in addition to the gold card, not in place of, right?

It will replace but currently (when it is actually released) is an extra option.

Last edited:
just logged into game and it only asked for entropia pocket code. Logging into account on webpage asked for gold card code only.

brick_phone.jpg

I hope it doesn't completely replace the Gold Card, not every mobile phone is a smart phone... :(

brick_phone.jpg

I hope it doesn't completely replace the Gold Card, not every mobile phone is a smart phone... :(

and not every smartphone is an android or iPhone :(

edit, never noticed before this forum has auto-correct capitals on brands and countries

Is it available for the iPhone yet?

brick_phone.jpg

It will eventually. They said it would be a slow transition. They will stop offering the gold card replacements at some point. Time to get with this decade I guess.

Worse case, you can download something like mymemu or bluestacks and use the app there. No phone required.

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/

New update on Entropia Pocket - it will be live for everyone October 2016.

It also states that the old Gold Card system will continue to be active, reading between the lines for as long as the hardware lasts (i.e. you won't be able to purchase spares).

I've been using the pocket app for a while and it's slick & works fine (once sync'd correctly). Wouldn't see any reason not to use it (even in the case of not owning a smartphone, you can buy one for less than the $50 a Gold Card costs).

I'm sure the GC will be kept active as when they first (accidentally) released the pocket app, it was possible to see the two types of auth (discreet, one for 2F and one for GC).

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/

New update on Entropia Pocket - it will be live for everyone October 2016.

It also states that the old Gold Card system will continue to be active, reading between the lines for as long as the hardware lasts (i.e. you won't be able to purchase spares).

I've been using the pocket app for a while and it's slick & works fine (once sync'd correctly). Wouldn't see any reason not to use it (even in the case of not owning a smartphone, you can buy one for less than the $50 a Gold Card costs).

I'm sure the GC will be kept active as when they first (accidentally) released the pocket app, it was possible to see the two types of auth (discreet, one for 2F and one for GC).

does it work offline? its ok buying a £50 smartphone for example, but once android is out of date, security holes start

does it work offline? its ok buying a £50 smartphone for example, but once android is out of date, security holes start

Just checked and it works fine with Airplane mode:

Essentially the way it works is like a digital goldcard: You log into your account on the website and it generates a QR code. You scan this in the Pocket app, it syncs to a list and then cycles through that list every 30 seconds.

Simple system I'd be very surprised if there are any security holes.

Just checked and it works fine with Airplane mode:

Essentially the way it works is like a digital goldcard: You log into your account on the website and it generates a QR code. You scan this in the Pocket app, it syncs to a list and then cycles through that list every 30 seconds.

Simple system I'd be very surprised if there are any security holes.

thats good to know. Its not holes in the app, its in android after the manufacturer stops updates. Usually an exploit is found and manufacturers/google only push fix to newer models. Then incidents like this happen 900 million Android devices vulnerable to new attack. …

if android is your main device, your likely to update it every 2 years, but buying for GC replacement might see you using it for 3-5 years

I had that gold card for ten years :))))

Back