Standard procedure for locking an account?

Xane

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kane Xane Crossing
Does anyone know what the support teams protocol is for investigating an a claim against another player?

It has been my experience that when a certain group in space submits a case against me, my account is locked without notification and no questions are asked of me prior to me getting locked.

It seems to me that if an investigation is in order to determine any rule violations you would have to asked both sides some questions prior to punishing the accused player.

Instead what is happening, to me at least, is after an accusation is made against me my account is immediately locked and I'm not told why. It is only after I make my own support case that I'm told why and only then am I asked what I have to say about the matter.

If this is the standard procedure for an investigation by support then it is vulnerable to exploit. Basically if you have a problem with someone and you want to get back at them you can make up something, sent it to support and then they will get punished by their account being locked. Even if it turns out they did nothing wrong, the investigation it self ends up punishing the the accused because they get temporally banned from the game.

Why not asked both sides for their story and only after you determine what actually happened make the decision to lock someones account?

Maybe it would help for Mind Ark to clearly state when they lock your account what is the cause.
And if when you put in support case the original complaint against you is unfounded maybe they should consider that the next time person who holds grudge makes complaint.

I hope your situation gets sorted in timely fashion.

It seems space was made to be pvp and when you do pvp reports are sent.
For example Varyag did play fighting (not looting of any players) in training ground. Videos were made, accusations Varyag interferes with game-play, and bullying label flung against Varyag crew.

Best I can think for those players who whine and cry to Mind Ark every time they get a scraped knee:
Sell your ship and stay out of space.

some of the guys are doing shady things in space , who know maybe u tell us more :)

some of the guys are doing shady things in space , who know maybe u tell us more :)

Well the specifics that led to me getting locked had to do with space pvp so I created a separate thread about that in the space forum, I didn't want to mix the two issues. You can read it here.

Why not asked both sides for their story and only after you determine what actually happened make the decision to lock someones account?

Because exploiters, thieves, scammers etc usually lie and it's not even worth asking them their story. Locking first and asking questions after prevents the situation getting out of hand and easier to make backwards transactions and trace scams from player to player etc

They dont ask, they check proof and logs.

Support is based on democracy... sadly... more support tickets = faster response. If the entire society (or at least half of em) behind the mother ship you attacked all sent in one support ticket against you, well, the odds are stacked in their favor that Mindark (or at least Mindark's underpaid support staff) will listen to them before considering your side of the story... happens over and over again.... (especially with that society/group of societies, whatnot)

Does anyone know what the support teams protocol is for investigating an a claim against another player?

It has been my experience that when a certain group in space submits a case against me, my account is locked without notification and no questions are asked of me prior to me getting locked.

It seems to me that if an investigation is in order to determine any rule violations you would have to asked both sides some questions prior to punishing the accused player.

Instead what is happening, to me at least, is after an accusation is made against me my account is immediately locked and I'm not told why. It is only after I make my own support case that I'm told why and only then am I asked what I have to say about the matter.

If this is the standard procedure for an investigation by support then it is vulnerable to exploit. Basically if you have a problem with someone and you want to get back at them you can make up something, sent it to support and then they will get punished by their account being locked. Even if it turns out they did nothing wrong, the investigation it self ends up punishing the the accused because they get temporally banned from the game.

Almost right.

A lock is not necessarily a punishment. More often it is simply a protective measure, to protect MindArk from repercussions from other players in the unlikely scenario that you are in fact ruining their carefully :laugh: crafted game by exploiting. Treating a lock as if it were a punishment begs a dsiadvantageous outcome for all parties.

Ok, now that that's been said...

The lock procedure is in fact wide open to be exploited in just the way Xane detailed above. It bears improving.

And on a third note, it must again be said:
"Creating or allowing unfair situations does not encourage ongoing engagement. It's why all but a small minority hate space so much. You got little to no chance in a fight if you don't make it your main profession. Hence you tend to avoid it, even more so after snarky responses from support. The only true pvp place is The Hub where accumulated (or bought) avatar skills don't count, only your real wits.

Yet in contradiction to this, separate pvp spaces where anything goes have their justification, of course. As long as it's voluntary to engage and you're not forced just to get somewhere on the other side... The original idea I assume was to drop breadcrumbs and watch who would break out of this domestication and get in bloody fights over it. Once down the slippery slope, people will invest more than they can possibly gain just to stay on top. Goal achieved. Other people like to spend their money in other ways. The angler has different lures to catch different types of fish. "
-- Sandal San Tolk 20160520 https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Orthos-Oil-Rig-Question-for-Developers/page7

Back