Was Xane's ban justified?

• Yes

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
Well they said they will unlock my account but I may need the power of the community to understand their response. At this point I don't know if what I did was allowed or not?? LOL

LOL - do you have any current ideas about which of us can 'understand' MA-speak to a high-enough degree?
Go for it.....
edit - ah, not read the above response yet - will do so now.....

looool - anyone have a double face palm handy?
Well, my interpretation is that they didn't understand you, then you managed to get through to them about what the end of a battle constitutes.
Then support managed to confuse themselves again and slipped back into some form of not understanding, but it's all irrelevant because you are being unlocked, so don't do it again.

Maybe you can write once more politely to support to ask them if they will check for a mine having been dropped next time, or something like that for clarification....

Last edited:
Seems physics is much easier to debate then morality.
Bashing pirates (deserved or not) so much easier then answering if justice is only for a select few entropians.

If it is bad for pirates to use strafing which is mechanic of game do we also have to agree another mechanic of game (logging off) is also bad? Both logging off and strafing were not meant to give exploit but in the end that is the result. So do we want to talk exploits used by all or only those available to pirates? But hold on. Strafing can be used by anyone. So "poof" goes magic exploit only available to pirates.
So now we are left with "If a pirate uses exploit available to all they ought to get a perm ban" BUT if an exploit available only to a select few warpship owners gets used they are model citizens whose support cases are given much greater weight then the rest of us.

Whopping order stench of hypocrisy rolling through the universe wanted or not.

its funny though as the pirate himself stated that it is NOT strafing in space. so leaves only the map key exploit open.

Who decides when the fight is over?

This is the important question, and there is no answer to it that would satisfy all participants, hence there's no way the current policy can be applied consistently.

IMHO MA needs to simply decide on a time limit - 5 minutes, 10 minutes or whatever since the first shot - and if there's no result in that time, both/all sides have a duty to retreat from the location.

Trying to judge 'intentions' won't take us anywhere and will only give power to manipulative <removed> <removed> of a <removed>.

In any event, there are 3 sides to every story. His, theirs, and the truth. ;)

Aren't there more? His, theirs, support's, yours, mine etc - and the truth?
I'd be tempted to suggest we could all agree to dismiss one of those, but unfortunately it is the one which ultimately carries quite a bit of weight.
Unless no-one asks for their opinion, of course, which appears to have been your suggestion, yes. :)

I agree that mindark is really hard to see this underground waters.

Since Mindark cannot see your future plans.

They only saw that fact that you was disturbing teleports for kronan.

This is verry hard situation really.

I think this time best is to unblock your account and forget, since mindark is not fault here too.

//mg Joda

In any event, it is actually ludicrous that a single little quad can stop an entire mothership from departing with one shot... a complete design flaw. I presume the banning of people who utilize that is to address that issue.

This i think is where the main problem is if a MS cant swat a fly, then the fly is just a pain the arse. Hense why it can been as hassrasment.

I think this time best is to unblock your account and forget, since mindark is not fault here too.

//mg Joda

uh no...they could see everything that happened. I wasn't banned during the fight, I was banned two days afterwards. They could easily see that fact that my crew was dropping the warp mine at the exact time I was delaying them. Then they could see us sitting their at the warp gate waiting over an hour for it do work and us talking about it in chat. They didn't need to see the future when it was all in the past by the time they got involved.

Seriously though can anyone look at supports last response and tell me if I'm allowed to delay a warp in order drop a mine?

uh no...they could see everything that happened. I wasn't banned during the fight, I was banned two days afterwards. They could easily see that fact that my crew was dropping the warp mine at the exact time I was delaying them. Then they could see us sitting their at the warp gate waiting over an hour for it do work and us talking about it in chat. They didn't need to see the future when it was all in the past by the time they got involved.

yes, i perfectly understand you.

but this silly situation takes so much investigations = takes much time = time that can be used to resolve other SC .

Mindark mistaked by banning you, they just applied standard abuse situation to this case, because i bet even i would not imagine different (that your hidden plan is to drop a mine).

//mg

yes, i perfectly understand you.

but this silly situation takes so much investigations = takes much time = time that can be used to resolve other SC .

Mindark mistaked by banning you, they just applied standard abuse situation to this case, because i bet even i would not imagine different (that your hidden plan is to drop a mine).

//mg

I wish I could share your sentiment except I got banned for four days.

//mg Joda

Politician :D

Looks to me like the MS in question claims the fight was over when your team left to place the mine. So any attacking on your part after that, (when team left) they assumed was harassment even though it wasn't. Seems support refuses to look or even discuss the fact that the delaying tactic was to drop a warp mine. Probably because they would have to admit that the locking of your account was not justified.

I dont think that support readily knows in detail how warpgates and mines actually work - keep in mind that mindark hasnt done anything about space in nearly 5 years...
Therefor naturally they will apply planetside pvp logics which lead initially to wrong answers.

The answer doesnt make any sense in so far as to assume that a fight in a lootable 3d universe would really be over at any point - again this is not planetside pvp - fights in space take alot of preparations if they are supposed to be successfull and those preparations rarely happen in one place/ at one time or by one person which makes checking logs quite a waste of time.

They should have applied some hotfixes to space pvp already years ago and could have safed themselfs and many players alot of headaches.

1.) increase range of privateer/ mothership gun turrets further to make up for the speed disadvantage
2.) require a certain percentage of damage being done to the ship before a warp gets interupted
3.) make fuel lootable
4.) decrease ammo cost by 90%
5.) add a delay to using the map function
6.) declare all methods used in space as fair and ignore any whining support cases that are about who attacked what ,why and how and reduce support for space to report bugs and give feedback to possible improvements

Done.

Quote: make fuel lootable

Why? Any reason for this.

Would not like to lost all my oil in vehicle. Then i can't move anymore, and in pvp i can't have oil as stackables.

2016-08-29 13:16 You wrote:

I'm still confused....are you saying it's OK to delay a warp if your backup is trying to drop a warp mine?

This case gets closed without a reply

=======================================================

2016-08-29 13:46 You wrote:

I assume you accidentally closed my last case without answering it? I'll post it again here. I seriously need an answer to it.

I'm still confused....are you saying it's OK to delay a warp if your backup is trying to drop a warp mine?

Please don't close this case after your response I will probably have more questions.

2016-08-29 14:33 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Xane,

Thank you for your support case.

This was already answered in your previous case, please see previous answer.

We apologies for the inconvenience but as we do have a lot of work at support we can unfortunately not sit and define with you situational aspects of the game.

You are welcome to ask further questions but it may be so that we cannot answer them due to policy.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

2016-08-29 15:15 You wrote:

Am I going to get my account locked again if I delay the Kronan again while my crew drops a warp mine?

Some people toss their moral compass into the trash bin and then make a comment in this thread.
Instead of debating the issue that a select few people get to create definitions, send to mind ark, get a player banned it is "oh well it will all be okay in the end".
So to the people who say such things how about YOU get banned and then we can all sing in chorus "oh its okay it will all be okay in the end"

It was left to a reviled pirate to pick up the moral compass that was so eagerly tossed into the trash bin.

Irony for dessert anyone?

Quote: make fuel lootable

Why? Any reason for this.

One possibility might be so that pirates also have something to lose. Or that taking down a logged out ship still pays, encouraging investment in space.

maybe you should stop harassing the support so they can focus on important stuff.... you are lucky they replied to you in that short timeframe. i got quite a few open support cases over a year old. and also you should maybe quit whining and just continue with something else or keep doing shady stuff. lets see if you get a third warning.

"Either you are allowed to disrupt a MS's warp in order to buy time to drop a warp mine, or your not?"

This is not what we are discussing, I've already told you that this was fine and even commended you on a good fight.

seems you can do that but then why were you locked?

One possibility might be so that pirates also have something to lose. Or that taking down a logged out ship still pays, encouraging investment in space.

yea, but how i can flight , if my fuel is down? and no oil availlable? so i be stuck at space station?

Instead of debating the issue that a select few people get to create definitions, send to mind ark, get a player banned it is "oh well it will all be okay in the end".
So to the people who say such things how about YOU get banned and then we can all sing in chorus "oh its okay it will all be okay in the end"

Who rattled your cage? Wish I hadn't bothered saying nice things about your earlier :rolleyes:

I quite clearly posted a coherent post on the issue you have failed to read. Subsequently, adding a light hearted post when the OP was losing some of his positivity on the matter ;) I fear the irony is quite clearly lost on you however. No matter, not my circus, not my monkeys!

2016-08-29 13:16

Am I going to get my account locked again if I delay the Kronan again while my crew drops a warp mine?

I guess you will, not for the reason of it being right or wrong, but for the reason that support have already locked you for this scenario once. They will probably lock you and use this support case as a reference for your next conflict with Kronan.

Looks to me like the MS in question claims the fight was over when your team left to place the mine. So any attacking on your part after that, (when team left) they assumed was harassment even though it wasn't. Seems support refuses to look or even discuss the fact that the delaying tactic was to drop a warp mine. Probably because they would have to admit that the locking of your account was not justified.

Holy guacamole the voice of reason!

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

3.) make fuel lootable
unless fuel is changed to be purchasable from TT on Space stations, this will lead to space been much worse as you'll have players stranded for life, and Support Cases over players stuck in space
4.) decrease ammo cost by 90%.
how much to down a quad atm? I've no idea, but say its 5ped, considering the loot you can get changing it to 50pec a quad is way too low

unless fuel is changed to be purchasable from TT on Space stations, this will lead to space been much worse as you'll have players stranded for life, and Support Cases over players stuck in space

how much to down a quad atm? I've no idea, but say its 5ped, considering the loot you can get changing it to 50pec a quad is way too low

When i say lootable fuel, then of course only a percentage of it and/or making a second fuel type available which is lootable but allows for faster traveling speed, one that could reside in the players inventory. Detailed suggestions in this regards which also secure the possibility to still being able to travel after being lootet have been made via support cases and in threads on this forum already years ago.

Reducing the cost to shoot someone down encourages pvp - this is absolutely necessary if there is ever supposed to be any battles between bigger ships as noone is going to spent several thousand peds several times each evening just for a slight chance to loot something.
Reducing the ammo cost also reduces the cost to defend oneself and this is very important to change the current habit of running away into a real 'teaming up' to fight your way past the pirates as it should be in a pvp environment - it shouldnt just be one side that shoots.

So far, I've been shot down a time or 20.
Usually I don't care.. "free skills" for some quad decay seems fair.
Last pirate that shot me did loot me however, not the OP to be clear.
I made a SC asking my 15 ped back as the pirate was cheating, support said FU & enjoy the !!!!.
Result.. I didn't play for 3 weeks, not becouse of the 15 ped but becouse the pirate didn't get any temp ban or nothing while he clearly used speedhack & other.

Now, I've done migration & saw 1 ava who was cheating.
£Since I'm not allowed to name names, I'll give a description..
He was, like me hunting Longtooth alpha - stalker.
He hunted the whole migration with a personal alt/2nd ava holding a mod fap & hunting 24/7.
For those who still don't gget the clue.. he's the top hunter on LT this year ;)
I know decay of a mod fap is around 10-15/h spamfapping
I'm lvl 67 evader & in grem+5b, i have an armor decay of around 12 ped/h, not including my heal cost
This alone gave him a benefit of around 10k ped on 8 weeks..
I didn't even bother to file a SC.. he cvcles & makes money for MA, so they don't care, sadly enough.

I wonder if there is anyone who can make MA see the real issue here & convince them that while they lose in short term, they will win in the long term by punishing the real exploiters in this game?

All the people with major eco tools have multiple people behind them taking advantage of what those tools give them at the expense of those who actually have jobs. But... that's the game. You can't prove the 2nd avatar is that person so.. it's a moot point.

All the people with major eco tools have multiple people behind them taking advantage of what those tools give them at the expense of those who actually have jobs. But... that's the game. You can't prove the 2nd avatar is that person so.. it's a moot point.

You try to get the same modfapper ingame 24/7 for 2 months..
I've been here + 10 years & I tell you, it's not possible.
If anyone can't see that.. then I think thye just don't wonna see it

Back