Was Xane's ban justified?

• Yes

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
Dude I gave you all the facts necessary to form an opinion. I did my best to present all the evidence I could to show what was happening and I did my best not get caught up in the trolling and name calling. Since I have nothing left to prove I'm done playing nice, if you think I'm in the wrong after everything I have said then there's nothing left to say other than FUCK OFF!! :dunce::laugh:

Note: mod can close the thread any time they want.

OP can't plan ahead to drop warp mine for scheduled MS warp flight... :lolup:
And he wonders why the temp lock account happened for warp harassment lols.

Dude I gave you all the facts necessary to form an opinion. I did my best to present all the evidence I could to show what was happening and I did my best not get caught up in the trolling and name calling. Since I have nothing left to prove I'm done playing nice, if you think I'm in the wrong after everything I have said then there's nothing left to say other than FUCK OFF!! :dunce::laugh:

Note: mod can close the thread any time they want.

being nice? xD a pirate calls himself being nice. thanks for making me laugh today! and yes you presented all the stuff you wanted us to see to form an opinion. but every opinion that is being formed and that is not the same as yours get insulted. you just wanted to whine a bit in forum so MA unlocks you ASAP.
i wonder if you really thought people would like you...

Your not forced to travel is my point...

For me this thread took another nosedive with this age-old claim resurfacing.
I've often wondered how some sensitive kids feel each time they use the stairs if they are passing the "naughty step" on the way. Is it similar to some people visiting the "silly section" of their brains?
[My analogy was triggered by various thoughts about "travelling from one place to another" - and what those places can be]

Something undesirable seems to be triggered in any case, also in other people who almost instantly take up insults again. I seriously wonder if there have been neurological studies done on this...

And we were actually making progress it seemed..... oh well...
As we are in crazy comparison territory again, my suggestion is to put the only explosives BP crafting machines in a small non-tp bubble (also unreachable by MF chips) in the middle of lootable PVP. While we are at it, block all tt-ing options in the zone as well. Now that might liven things up for the "gamblers"...
edit: (Oh, dang, are explosives unlootable? lol Does that only leave residue open? .... I didn't claim to have thought my suggestion through now, did I? You know what I mean, however, don't you?)

Last edited:
My how refreshing, a space related thread which purports to be about 1 topic but has either by accident or by design turned into let’s bash the Kronan week. (Sarcasm intended)
That it is by Xane and fully supported by Yoshii with her baby talk references to others comes as no surprise at all. That she continues after all this time to hold a grudge against us because I privately messaged someone about something I had seen over 2 years ago is sad. Ironically she freely admits in any case now that some pirates, sometimes enjoy the hospitality of the Varyag for repair skilling etc that is her choice and her right.
In fact I would like to thank Xane and Penelope for shooting the mob ball left by Kronan last night, when lag caused us to blow up as we returned to the SS. Although we hurried back to clean up, they had found the ball and seemed to be happy hunting them, so there was no clean-up for me to do. Thx guys.
That Xane and Yoshii carefully avoid naming names, and use playground insults instead, is a such a thinly disguised attempt to avoid breaking forum rules and invoking the moderators wrath it is risible.
And yes I have little doubt the moderators will now ban me under that same rule, because contrary to comments made about me in the past in ‘the forum that shall not be named’, I do not have the PCF moderators in my pocket, any more than I have Mind Ark or any Dev team there, in fact my pockets are pretty much empty of all but cotton lint.
But since the ‘Kronan’ and my name are so firmly linked after 3 years of ownership, you’d have to have lived in a cave on a remote mountain top in another game for the past couple of years to not realise that these insults, lies, half-truths etc are directed at myself and my crew.
I see some of you have commented that it would be interesting to hear ‘the other side of the story’
Yet none have felt sufficiently curious to come and ask, so I very much doubt that anyone truly cares other than for the vicarious entertainment value of reading about other people’s troubles.
Will anything I have to say create change.. No, I very much doubt it, since you all seem to have an opinion on the subject whether or not you have both sides of the story.
But it’s a quiet afternoon so I guess I have time to make a few points…

As regards the attack on the Kronan by pirates near Calypso on the 2016-08-24.
First my compliments to the pirates on a well-coordinated attack and my congratulations on their good luck in the matter of timing. The reality is yes they caught us somewhat flat footed and vulnerable, since in accordance with Murphy’s law, several of our crew had been called away by real life issues only a matter of minutes before.
But sorry to burst your bubble guys, the Kronan was not ‘almost destroyed’ , though 1 station did take a fair amount of damage before we responded by kicking in some RK-20’s.
As explained above we had a smaller crew than usual, in particular I had a reduced gunnery team, and I had a pilot with no previous combat experience during warps. My compliments to them also, they stayed calm and handled it very well.
The decision was taken that as we had little chance of taking the fight to the pirates on this occasion, then we may as well enjoy the skills and let them enjoy wasting their ped on target practice.
There is always more than one way to handle an attack, and each crew/owner will always have to quickly consider the options open to them in a matter of seconds when under attack. Whether others approve or not of how we dealt with it on this occasion is irrelevant, you may think you would have handled it differently, but you were not there, it is easy to be smug and sure of your response when not under fire, and when the ship/service/reputation is not yours, and when the crewing, SI etc could be very different.
Eventually, as expected, the attack was broken off. It seemed both sides had their fun, gained experience etc and we were free to continue delivering our customers (not logged off btw, as they felt confident they were in no particular danger) and myself and my not inconsiderable amount of lootables, to our destination.
But no.. Xane seemed intent on breaking our warps and delaying us further. In the absence of clairvoyance we could not possibly know this was a game tactic to lure us into a warp mine and a further battle.
The first we heard of the warp mine, was in this thread, we were not mined once we did get to warp, there was no slaughter. So if any of my crew, passengers or interested others wrote to MA they did so without this knowledge of the pirates attempts at alternative tactics. It therefore appeared to us that Xane was simply up to his old tricks.
My previous support case about this very issue ‘Xane and harassment’ was not sent because it took place in pvp, but because it was accompanied on those occasions with threats about preventing us ever warping, seemingly he felt that the few minutes each day that Kronan and crew camped the area around Caly SS to prevent pirates attacking other ships while we were in the amounted to us trying to shut down his ‘legitimate business as a pirate’ and therefore felt it was an appropriate and proportionate response to regularly prevent us warping.
Xane :‘you fuck with our business we fuck with your business. You stop fucking with us we stop fucking with you...’
My support case at that time did not ask for him to be banned nor did it specifically even complain about him as a named individual. See below:
Support case
Question1 :
Is it normal pvp game-play for a pirate to deliberately target a sevice ship, with no hope of destroying it, but solely to prevent it warping and going about it's business as a transport provider?
Answer from support : No, this is not considered "Pvp-Gameplay", If a player simply shoots just to interrupt the warps.
IF this player would have shot at you with the intention of killing you then it would be considered Pvp-Gameplay.
Question 2 :
What is the minimum range of the quad gun? it appears that he is consistently shooting us from 0.108 while our guns are unable to engage. Given the lower speed of a mothership we are ofc unable to chase him, to bring him into range.
If we launch quads that risks us leaving them behind when we warp and then have reduced capability at the next stop

If we were a privateer we would not in any case have that option.

Can we please be assured that you will level the playing field in relation to gun range otherwise I suspect EU may shortly see pirates preventing all warp ships moving to do missions or transport. I am sure this would not be your intent.

I then included a link to the footage of the recent attack as demonstration of the ranges etc. But this ofc identified him as the attacker.

MA support replied:
Yes, This is one of the subjects we are discussing heavenly with our management, since there seems to be an clear unbalance.

In regarding to Xane;

We will investigate and further actions will be taken if necessary.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It was not my intent that Xane should be banned, I did not ask for that, I asked for clarification. When I read their reply I expected that they may perhaps advise him the answer they gave me above and ask him to desist. Instead they temp banned him (1 day if memory serves me correctly)
However his first day back, he did it again, this time claiming in space chat
015-06-02 01:30:55 [#space_travel] [Kane Xane Crossing] I attacked the Kronan and destroyed one of their qauds but they were able to warp away before my soc arrived....
Presumably having been told by MA that delaying us while reinforcements arrived was an acceptable tactic. Ironically none of the usual suspects were even on-line so this was an obvious ruse. MA obviously thought so as I believe it led to a further 1 day ban.
Since then he has tried on numerous times to play with the letter v the spirit of the rules, constantly pushing the edge of supports patience and then wonders why they have perhaps over-reacted on this occassion.
A pattern of behaviour reinforced since Xanes return to game by his having announced his return by playfully delaying our warp for a few minutes 1st or 2nd day back. And also more seriously confirmed by the threats which the pirates recently used against another ship for no better reason than they sometimes operate as part of KISS and know Granny.
Some of you seem to think that the rule in regard to interference in another players enjoyment of the game, has no place in pvp environments, of course it does, there is a world of difference between pvp game-play and spite. Threatening others because they know someone, or have dealings with someone clearly crosses that line.
As regards the support case sent I would point out that I did not report him, nor have I in fact written to support about him, the pirates or the Varyag crew in probably a year or more.
Reports in regard to rules about player harrassment would seem to be a waste of time in any case with reply’s such as ‘we don’t discuss other players’ and ‘just set them to ignore’. Since MA seems to believe that all problems between players can be resolved by one party setting the other to ignore. They have the mentality that if you close the curtains then it is no longer raining outside.
Opens curtains looks outside finds car in 6 feet of water.. how the hell did that happen I wonder ?
As an aside to Mastermesh, please note we do not deliberately seek others to pester Support by sending in mass complaints. On the one occasion it happened that 3 or 4 of us reported something separately but within a short period, we were politely asked to co-ordinate through 1 person in future. Though quite how they think we will ‘know’ when others may send in similar support cases remains a mystery to me. I am tired of your dragging the NBK name through the mud in regard to something that happened, as far as I know before I even joined the soc, and I have been here a long time.
I do however, contrary to unfounded comments repeatedly made about me, allow my crew to think for themselves. I do not bully, order them to do my dirty work or have a reign of terror. They are all grown adults with a mind of their own, their own tolerance levels and their own beliefs in what is acceptable and what is not. If one of them felt that this continued attack crossed what they found to be acceptable and reported it, then that is their right.
If Mind Ark chose to ‘investigate it’ in a particular manner that is their right (and yes..shock horror..I do agree with Xane, the system as it is could lead to abuse if people joined together to constantly report someone out of spite and does need amending) I am also aware that in some cases MA themselves ask for further supporting evidence if further issues arise. I can only assume that when directly asked to do so that players sometimes do a follow up. Though I have no idea if this has been the case as regards Xane.
Where there is financial risk such as theft of property, scamming during trades etc then ofc they should ban first and ask questions later, or else any financial trail, movement of items etc could quickly be rendered impossible to unravel.
However when it is a complaint about behaviours such as harassment, use of bots/ dupe avatars, stalking, or even use of inappropriate language, racial, religious or other slur, then it would seem far more appropriate that they pull the logs, check the facts, if necessary enquire of both parties if this is an isolated issue or has history which they will also need to consider. Then and only then, should they issue warnings, temp bans or whatever they deem an appropriate response to one or both parties.
I also think that any contentious issues such as things leading to bans, or that has financial implications should be reviewed by a manager to ensure that common standards apply, and that no-one is subject to the effects of that human condition ‘a bad day at the office’.

So what now..
I guess for me it is likely to be a farewell to PCF at least for a while for daring to reply and for turning this into yet another he said she said thread.
As for space and attacks there, I will continue to run the Kronan as I see fit, I will respond to pirate attacks according to the situation at the time.
I will not make promises to never report a pirate or anyone else for behaviours in breach of the TOU. Nor would I expect others to refrain.
But rest assured I do not use Support instead of guns or repairs to fight my pvp battles.

One question remains though..
If pirates enjoy pvp so much, if they believe all pvp battles to be fun, why then do they bitch so much about Kronan when we have fought them quad v quad, MS v quad, even MS v 2 pirate controlled MS over the years.
Could their singling out of Kronan, their vilifying of our crew be that they can’t take the heat, or could they be on some other services payroll ?

This reply took much consideration and some time to put together, and it is a shame I was unable to post before the recent requests for closure of the thread. I almost didn't post, but felt it would be wrong to not at least give a voice to Kronan's perspective.
I do appreciate that people are by now doubtless tired of the whole sorry mess, and I completely understand if they have no wish to reply.

Last edited:
Well, a long answer by Granny there. I'm sure some people are keen to read it for the information and other side of the story.
Personally, I didn't ask you any questions Granny because I'm happy enough that I know the gist of the answers, even though I wasn't around. I've commented quite a bit in this thread on the more general nature of things brought up in connection with EU space.
I can certainly confirm that Granny allows us our own opinions - I am a Kronanite after all :yay:! (and I'm sure lots of people know that).

We've had a lot of discussion (usefully) which is also not directly on-topic, so the views and number of comments does say something about the positive sides of this thread. If it gets closed now that the original topic has run its course, then I guess that is ok. Maybe there is room for a new thread on what all sides can agree on as suggestions for MA?

Possibly a way of disabling pvp and fighting ability for anyone with no lootables? I'm guessing it may have to be a new ship (or variant) which allows no weapon attachments and no stackables on board/inventory. The red quad manages to have conditions attached, so it may be simple for MA to implement?

Recreating reality, making things up, lies and innuendo does not make it so.
You know what you did.

Values and and consistently applied rules allow a community to function in some semblance of order when there are fractious disagreements.

We need our values and fair application of rules most especially in times of conflict.

Our values are what sustain us when we are angry with people to navigate a way to end conflict or have justice meted out as they case may be.

Years from now do we want to be remembered for being just and fair even in the face of our foes or would we rather be remembered as taking advantage to punish those with whom we hold a grudge.

Years from now do we want to be remembered for being just and fair even in the face of our foes or would we rather be remembered as taking advantage to punish those with whom we hold a grudge.

Is this a question for the group or yourself? :scratch2:

thieves = pirates for using the looting system
abusers = crews abusing the harassment clause to ban opponents
exploiters = crews negating the need for combat ammo by abusing the harassment clause
fraudsters / misleading = ma for allowing the continued expenditure of ammo where ships crews have all logged out on active ships or on warp disruption.

You're all lying cheating virtue signaling hypocritical scum ! - smoke that :smoke:

Well, let me try to get in here with some general comments before the thread is closed. Lootable PvP Space does what MA wants it to do, connecting and dividing the planets...that is, it allows the movement of players, and disincentivizes the movement of stackables, from planet to planet. I don't think that's going to change. Personally, I don't have a problem either with the existence of pirates, or with the long distances in space. Pirates are a legitimate part of pvp space, like pkers are of pvp planetside. And sneaking cargo past the pirates is about the only fun thing in space right now, unfortunately.

If you discount people who just don't like pirates, the problem seems to be the abuse of exploits and griefing. It's a problem in most MMOs, of course, but magnified here because of the RCE nature of EU. And I think the greatest portion of this is a lack of clarity from MA about just what the rules are--what is allowable, what is griefing, and so on--abetted by some sloppy game mechanics. From the OP's comments, and the reply from the other party, it seems like they could both be telling the truth about this incident and this is still a messy, grey area...one person seems to be following the rules as they understand them and the other party has no way to know that so it seems to them like harassment and so on and so on. Really, the ones at fault seem to be MA. They need to clarify the rules, and pay a little more attention to space.

As I said, I don't have a problem with pirates or long distances in space. The problem I have with space is that it could easily be so much more than it is. I always thought that one reason MA didn't develop space was that it would put them into direct competition with the planet partners, and they were trying to move away from that, trying to sell off Caly, and so on. Now they've decided to keep Caly, I hope they will be willing to give more attention to space.

To Granny,

Like I said in the very first page:

"From the Kronan's perspective they got attacked and it was clear they were going to get destroyed so they flew back to the safe zone, this happened several times. Then finally it was just me left attacking and disrupting their warp for five minutes."

You have every right to report anyone who you think is breaking the rules. However when someone shoots you in a PVP zone, and there are legitimate reasons why they are allowed to, you should not run to support, especially considering support has a habit of not actuality doing proper investigations and just banning the accused. My biggest gripe here is with MA and a little bit with your tactics but in the end your tactics wouldn't be effective if MA did actual investigations.

While we are on the subject of what your crew are allowed to do, some of them are allowed to target me over and over and attack me continues for as long as they like. I tried this on someone to see if MA was going to allow me the same rights as your crew and guess what, I was warned not to interfere with another players ability to enjoy the game or I would be locked.

So I'm not allowed to do to others what your crew are allowed to do to me. Then I tried delaying your scheduled flights as a counter to this policing and again I'm locked. Then I delay your warp for legitimate reasons given to me by support and again I'm locked.

You see the double standards I have been talking about now?

Last edited:
Personally I find PvP space inconvenient and annoying. I obviously don't travel with loot, but on my last flight from Ark to Caly, for example, I got shot down 3 separate times. I didn't whine about it, I understand the risk every time I go into space. I just think it sucks.

Having said that, I side with OP on this one - to me it doesn't sound like he did anything outside of what the game mechanics allow, so I think a ban is unfair. MA actually promotes (or at least used to) space as having "epic space battles". To me it sounds like that's exactly what the pirates were trying to do.

Yes, it's annoying as shit being on the other end of it, when you are just wanting to travel. But players shouldn't be punished for utilizing the system MA created.

I do think that space is broken, and there should be ways to travel without engaging with pirates.

So let me see if I get this straight:

Xane has a history of shooting Kronan to disallow them warp and got a mini-ban for it. Why doesn't matter, it was done multiple times.

One time Xane was PVPing w/ multiple mates vs. Kronan (which is fine). At some point being the only one there using same anti-warp tactic, BUT this time, so mates could drop a mine. Seems either the mine missed and there was no other battle, or Kronan group recalls that night differently.

"Yes, I was guilty all those other times, but THIS time I was using it as a legit tactic."

Sounds like a reverse Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me.

Or am I wrong?

So let me see if I get this straight:

Xane has a history of shooting Kronan to disallow them warp and got a mini-ban for it. Why doesn't matter, it was done multiple times.

One time Xane was PVPing w/ multiple mates vs. Kronan (which is fine). At some point being the only one there using same anti-warp tactic, BUT this time, so mates could drop a mine. Seems either the mine missed and there was no other battle, or Kronan group recalls that night differently.

"Yes, I was guilty all those other times, but THIS time I was using it as a legit tactic."

Sounds like a reverse Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me.

Or am I wrong?

I don't even think I should have been banned for the times I delayed their warp over a year ago but yes I was banned for that and told how I am allowed to delay a warp in the future. But since I was banned yet again for delaying the warp I am assuming that there isn't a legit reason that exists to delay a warp.

And so what If i got banned in the past for breaking a made up rule on the spot, the focus here should be did I break it again or not.

It seems clear to me that Xane is still very much upset about this as the thread goes on and on and the amount of replies he and others have put in. I'm glad there has been very civilized conversation overall. I still have huge problems with things that I read from Xane and actions that has been done. After being banned multiple times from what it seems, I don't see any attempt to change the behavior that lead to past bans, hence the ban now. You can see that all over the world - in sports is what I think of. As a NFL fan, players get fined for certain hits, they then get a reputation for being "dirty" or whatever. Then they make a big hit and it draws a lot of attention, more so than the average player would ever get. They are then more likely to get another even bigger fine. It's seen as a pattern of behavior and it's hard to look at one incident without seeing the greater context.

Pirating is a shady business since it started- lots of grey areas. Expect a lot of criticism and either say "screw you all" or stick to some code of conduct so that others have no room to have grounds to criticize. I am glad however that you too focus your attention and dissatisfaction on MA. I will admit I have done things that I would see as harassing - always in response to harassment I got. Doesn't make it right at all, but I did it because MA has left no real presence in their own universe. I do stuff like that because I think "not like MA will give a $hit." They don't seem to lift the ban hammer easily, so when I see them doing it - it means it took A LOT. I also don't think that means it proves anyone guilty. I do totally agree of what Granny said regarding you and other pirates don't seem to be doing it for fun - but for other reasons. I totally could be wrong there too, but the actions don't support just having pvp fun.
I hope you take the comments, the time off, and this ban to change behavior. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

dunno what all this drama is about u and all ur soc m8s speed hack lol how can u not be banned from the game?

I don't see any attempt to change the behavior that lead to past bans, hence the ban now.

In the past delaying their warps absolutely had an element of revenge to it for policing us(pirates). But look delaying their warps for the purposes of PVP is unavoidable. This battle was clearly an attempt to destroy the ship and loot them, this wasn't just me involved. There were three others with the same intention of destroying and looting the ship. As Granny said there were passengers on board that did not log off and that is why we attacked.

So don't say there's no difference between this time and the past, in this fight we used all the PVP mechanics as they were intended.

the focus here should be did I break it again or not.

Sure, let's focus on that.

If you can imagine MA seeing things from a "system that records chats and activities (decay, etc.), but not as if it's cameras all over", and knowing that you were already banned prior, when they get a report, check the logs and see again the pattern of high decay vs an MS to no effect....

Well, what would you conclude?

In the past delaying their warps absolutely had an element of revenge to it for policing us(pirates). But look delaying their warps for the purposes of PVP is unavoidable.

If you were MA, how would you tell the difference?

Sure, let's focus on that.

If you can imagine MA seeing things from a "system that records chats and activities (decay, etc.), but not as if it's cameras all over", and knowing that you were already banned prior, when they get a report, check the logs and see again the pattern of high decay vs an MS to no effect....

Well, what would you conclude?

If you were MA, how would you tell the difference?

If I were MA and the entire premise of the ban hinged upon not the game mechanic being used but the intentions of the person using it I would have looked at the pirates team chat logs. I would have seen the team talking about dropping a warp mine and asking for Xane to hold the ship there while that was being done and that would have been the end of my investigation. I would have seen that the pirates were intending to attack and the delaying of the warp for 4 minutes and 38 seconds was fair play.

they knew you would get banned for it as u did it many times and got banned for it. why did your crew let you down and let you do the delaying job? if they wouldve let someone else do it maybe nothing wouldve happened. seems like your crew set it up to get you banned.

they knew you would get banned for it as u did it many times and got banned for it. why did your crew let you down and let you do the delaying job? if they wouldve let someone else do it maybe nothing wouldve happened. seems like your crew set it up to get you banned.

So you agree there is a double standard?

So don't say there's no difference between this time and the past, in this fight we used all the PVP mechanics as they were intended.

I didn't say there was no difference, I'm sure there was. I'm saying that when multiple things happen, people tend to get judged in the context of all the other events.
Not sure how you can be confident what "as they were intended" means. Isn't it your understanding as intended. This is exactly what I was saying. Seeing you have a history of banable actions, makes me believe you have an understanding that is different than MA.

I just can't believe that you were just attacking the ship and MA thought "oh man you can't do that, ban him." I've made support cases for other things about people I know that had many support cases made involving them and they never got banned. They don't just take one support case claim against someone and drop a ban. Doesn't seem like it's permanent anyway, so just try playing another game or something. that's what I do as I'm sick of MA ripping me off.

So you agree there is a double standard?

I agree your crew is full of people that would throw someone under the bus in a heart beat. And I spared a lot of other descriptions because I don't want to see this being a mud sling thread.

I agree your crew is full of people that would throw someone under the bus in a heart beat. And I spared a lot of other descriptions because I don't want to see this being a mud sling thread.

I talk to my crew everyday and we have never thrown anyone under the bus so I assume you have somethint to back that statement up?

looks like the pirate doesnt understand the basic concept of past actions affecting future actions.

Yea it was said several times and a couple hundred posts earlier, but it's not sinking in.

looks like the pirate doesnt understand the basic concept of past actions affecting future actions.

Yea it was said several times and a couple hundred posts earlier, but it's not sinking in.

So I shouldn't expect to be treated fairly by support in the future?

yep. correct. like with any other punishable action as well the punishment for the same action over and over increases over time.

You know you could have saved us both a lot of time and just said from the start that you don't think I should get fair treatment from support because I honestly have nothing to say to that.

Back