Was Xane's ban justified?

• Yes

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 14.5%

• Total voters
I suggest this is a perfect time to give space ship owners their money back, remove space, and put all planets in the FREE TP drop down list.

+1

If pirates did not spend more time griefing players than actually trying to pvp (one-sided), I would give a shit.

I will remember this thread next time one of them waits until the end of a server line to shoot me and send me all the way back more than once. I will rack up some bans.

But then, I giggle every time they waste ped. Space should be optional PVP anyway.

Bias aside, we would need to hear the other side of the story. I don't buy that MA banned you because you engaged Kronan. Even though you should know by now that the payload for doing so would be only +epeen to your hat and not any amount of ped.

Last edited:
good news in this is i suspect someone from MA must have actually read a support case

Anyway, when you enter space, you should be presented a menu with few options , instantly tp to a planet, tp to a space station and finally bother with space.

If space is not pvp or is as is it atm it's only a waste of time.

PvP overall is rather bad in EU
Space not being diferent, being even worse cos is mostly campers waiting for people to make a mistake
Sure part of the game, everyone also at times might forget things iven a circustance,

Players should have the chance to chose to take a risk in pvp or not when traveling around planets, otherwise it just hurts the economy around the planets

@OP irc, you been banned for using also some "glitches" like pushing ppl into pvp that crashed, the "speed hack" (if you spam the map key it'll give you a tiny freeze that bumps you ahead"

"Blame the game, not the player"
however its know to be breeching of rules and to literally rob of others so it kinda sucks

Also more into pvp, some been nothing but harassing, shit talking, mob training and such and get to run around in pvp doing nothing but harassing players, imo it would be better to make a priority to punish those players or balance it in a way they couldnt do their thing

Just my opinion,
Good luck out there

@OP irc, you been banned for using also some "glitches" like pushing ppl into pvp that crashed, the "speed hack" (if you spam the map key it'll give you a tiny freeze that bumps you ahead"

You cant push people, that have crashed, into pvp because it's impossible in the game mechanics. You can however accuse people of attempting to do this and support obviously will oblige your request to ban said person if of course that person is a pirate. Seems to be a theme here.....

You're a pirate, therefore one of the lowest pieces of shit in game, and have the morals of a diseased whore, so who gives a damn if you're upset??

Only a true low life would try and weasel around rules of good conduct and gamesmanship.

Based on the blather, justifications, excuses and defense you've spewed out, I figure you won't be around much longer anyway.

And no, you've never killed me, but your stench lingers for far too long in the pathways of space.

I think your comment and mentality perfectly encompass whats wrong with a lot of people in this game and the world for that matter. Thanks for sharing.

Obviously I didn't make this game I had nothing to do with it's design or implementation. I'm just a guy that started playing when space first came about and after getting shot down decide hey I think I'd like to be guy doing the shooting rather then getting shot and the rest is history.

It always intrigues me when someone says something like this:

You're a pirate, therefore one of the lowest pieces of shit in game, and have the morals of a diseased whore, so who gives a damn if you're upset??

Only a true low life would try and weasel around rules of good conduct and gamesmanship.

Why virtually none of the "good" people in the game step up and reprimand this kind of talk. It's like most people are either afraid or don't care to get involved.

I can tell you that the type of person that typically gets involved with the space pirates or is at least a supporter of us is the type that will get involved when we see some bullshit. We don't let people get away treating other people like shit. We don't give a crap about our social standing or backlash, if something is fucked up you will hear about it from us!

From my point of view, this is just a fundamental flaw in the space pvp mechanics.

They (MA) should either get rid of this whole (currently) useless gig called "Space PVP" or totally revamp it.

First of all, one stupid lousy quad shouldn't be able to "disrupt" a warp procedure of a privateer/mothership anyway. It should downright ought to be swatted like a pesky fly.

Perhaps they (MA) should redesign the entire warping process such that quads firing its guns at it would only at most set back the warping countdown by a tad bit for each shot taken.

Kind of like a tug of war between "warping" and "warp disruption".

For instance, it takes a privateer/mothership 10 seconds to start the warp. You will then need to deal a "fixed amount of damage" to the privateer/mothership to increase its warp timer by say... 0.5 seconds?

This would make it "hard" for a single quad to disturb the warping of a privateer/mothership and would require more quads or (dps) to do so.

Something like that would, in my opinion, do away with this "laughable notion" of a thing called "Intention To PVP". :lolup:

In this case rather waste ped by doing a normal activity (shooting on mothership guns) they save ped by complaining.

(Bolding mine - //H.)

This pretty much sums it up.

I might be prejudiced against Kronan because I've had extremely bad experience with them but that's their modus operandi.

First off, you may think I'm Bias toward Kronan because i'm in NBK and I am mindful of that as I type this post - I have to say I have almost no connection to the ship itself, but am checking myself so that I'm not bias.

I also have been looted by pirates - so for that I am bitter. One could say - don't take loot in space, but that was my decision and my beef truly is with MA for making space the way it is. I haven't liked my interactions with ANY pirates not because they have taken from me and countless other people, but mostly because they have acted without morals, without any honor, and use it as a means to feed their greed, hurt others, harass others, and make themselves feel better about themselves. That is my opinion from the interactions I've had and heard others have had.

I believe there is a fine line between ALL pvp in EU and what is harassment. I made the argument regarding the rig where I felt the ToA were being violated in that a player was making an area inaccessible to another. I was told that this does not apply in pvp. Taking this response tells me do whatever you can or want in pvp. That is where I don't "blame" you or anyone else for doing things I don't agree with in pvp because MA even told me it's OK. I still can think that morally it is awful and is disrespectful to people - bordering on anti-social behaviors.

I can't really tell in this specific instance - seems like using a warp mine to stop a ship is what it's for, to then be ambushed, seems to make sense. However, it is easily open to when one is inhibiting the ship from "ever" taking off not for the purposes of pvp/looting, but just because it's something to do, some harm to bring, or the only thing one can do.

That being said - in my humble experience shooting down the Kronan is an act of complete waste. I can't say no one, but "no one" carries loot on it and if they did I doubt one would have enough time to shoot down all the avatars to get the one who might be in time before they respawn. Doing it for a matter of pride is understandable.

I can't know where MA made the decision, but I can imagine that looking at the chat logs, and other logs would show some malice on the part of pirates - that is based on my prior experience with them mostly. I could totally be wrong in this instance, and would appreciate a clear explanation from MA so that all involved can know what was wrong to avoid repeating it in the future.

"Finally," MA has set up a cluster-$uck of a space system. They let hacks and advantages go for far too long. They allow so that one can log off while on a MS, which in my opinion ruins it for any real pirating. Space is so big, but ends up being pointless as one can still sit in the 2 spots where people enter/exit to camp and shoot. The whole system has been flawed to being with.

My closing thought is not one you will like - So you got banned? *cry me a river* that says it all. Oh boo hoo, it's a drop in the bucket from all the countless grief, anger, and other wastes pirates have caused. It's not like some permanent ban so get over it. To me - it's like the guy that gives out parking tickets.. one day he gets one and is outraged and goes to court over it. You dish out shit, one day it's gonna come back to you.
I really hope MA would make the changes that would create more fair and fun gameplay for all. I'd love the idea of fun space battles. I don't like the idea of hiding, running, crying, regret, cheating, stealing, and lack of consistency that I currently see it is.

Cheers and have a good time off. Don't let my loot hit you in the ass on the way out.

Trying to be objective, I would have to say that only 5 minutes of disrupting warp as part of a strategy to pvp is not harrassment.

Ok so... Either...

1. OP is lying and this is not what happened at all, which is uncool. OR
  2. MS team used support case as a weapon just because they lost a fight, which is uncool.

I wanna know which one is true so I know who to never do business with again (via auction, services, etc.)

Not seeing anyone from the named ship give their side yet, unless I missed something here.

I find this thread interesting & actually informative, I had a certain opinion of pirates before - but I have come around to appreciating the argument Xane is making, I accept his point of view.

I guess Pirates have a place in the great circle of Entropia life, and their existence & activities, while very aggravating to those that have to put up with them - maybe do help the economies & activities of others in all sorts of ways.

I wonder if the full story is really being told in this thread - if only one pirate was involved, why did not the Kronos just swat it away like an irritating mosquito? MS have a great advantage over individual ships I always thought?

Surely not, as has been suggested, that those running Kronos found it cheaper to moan on to Admin rather than taking direct action - nobody would be so cheapskatey & whiney, would they? :confused:

maybe you should just quit pirating :)

I'm fairly certain if one player in a quad is repeatedly shot down trying to leave a space station they can report the avatar for abuse/harassment.

I reported exactly this but was turned down by support. They said pirates can shoot you down as often as they want even if just for the skills gained this way. They even added what I am "supposed" to do, which is gather support forces to win the battle. I opted to not reward such advice with spending any money to the company. When that happens, best thing to do is logout and chop some firewood.

To me - it's like the guy that gives out parking tickets.. one day he gets one and is outraged and goes to court over it.

So, because I kill people in PVP, when someone falsely accuses me of something and gets me temporarily banned I shouldn't bring it to light? So when their seems to exist some sort of weird double standard bias towards a group and they use this to their advantage I shouldn't speak out about it because I PVP in space? And because I PVP in space you shouldn't be outraged at a system that is showing a bias?

I reported exactly this but was turned down by support. They said pirates can shoot you down as often as they want even if just for the skills gained this way. They even added what I am "supposed" to do, which is gather support forces to win the battle. I opted to not reward such advice with spending any money to the company. When that happens, best thing to do is logout and chop some firewood.

Let's not pretend that this a rampant issue. There are only two scenarios in which people get shot down twice in a short time frame. 1. Accidentally 2. You have talked so much shit that a pirate is willing to waste peds shooting you down again knowing that your empty. My point is this is a rare occurrence.

Obviously I didn't make this game I had nothing to do with it's design or implementation. I'm just a guy that started playing when space first came about and after getting shot down decide hey I think I'd like to be guy doing the shooting rather then getting shot and the rest is history.

It always intrigues me when someone says something like this:

"I was robbed in a bank. Please it's not me that turned into the bank robber but the system."

But you are kind of leaving one item out here. Any other game and yes, no big deal you are a pirate. We hate you. You hate us back..It's the game. But here in EU sorry not the same. You are a true low life due to the simple fact that, sorry have to say it, this is a RCE based game and you are stealing from others. But yes, go ahead and try and justify it all you like. But at the end, it is plan and simple.

I do pity you.

You are a true low life due to the simple fact that, sorry have to say it, this is a RCE based game and you are stealing from others.

Excuse me while I poke a GIANT whole in your argument.

steal
verb

1.take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Lets break this definition of stealing down, we have three elements of this definition.

Property:
You don't own any of the items in your inventory, they are all owned by MindArk, your just allowed to use them. It says so in the EULA.

Permission:
When you enter into space you have to agree to conditions of space being PVP and accept the risks involved. That's you giving permission, you either agree and enter space or you don't enter space and you don't risk losing anything.

Legal Right:
You have none, see the first two as to why.

Let's not pretend that this a rampant issue. There are only two scenarios in which people get shot down twice in a short time frame. 1. Accidentally 2. You have talked so much shit that a pirate is willing to waste peds shooting you down again knowing that your empty. My point is this is a rare occurrence.

You're making assumptions you cannot verify, my friend. It is/was not rare at least at the time and I wasn't talking at all, neither before nor immediately afterwards. I don't think my name is particularly known either so that someone would look out for me. I took the step to report it after multiple incidents (none of which involved you) and consulting with experienced spacers. I merely gave the support reply here for reference in response to the post above. I know better now how to avoid your ilk, so yes, you can say it has become rare as the clueless are a dying species.

Here what this boils down to. I was accused of violating the rules and that accusation was all that was looked at in order to determine that I needed to be punished.

No real investigation was done prior to me being banned. My side of the story was not obtained prior to me being banned. I wasn't notified that I was being banned. I wasn't even notified that I was being accused of anything.

The entire determination to ban me was founded upon what my "intentions" were during that battle. All the information provided to MA was coming from my accusers. I ask how in GOD's name can MA know what my true intentions were if they didn't investigate the battle? They didn't even ask me my side of the story.

Imaging going to sleep in your bed one night and waking up the next morning in prison. No idea what you did or why you are there, you start asking questions and eventually someone tells that you were accused of something and were found to be guilty. Most intelligent people would look at that system that I just described and say I wouldn't want to be governed by a system like that. Not because it locks people away that are bad but because it's inherently vulnerable to exploit and could end up putting people away that haven't done anything wrong.

Here's what I want:

1. My account immediately reactivated
2. An apology from MA for falsely punishing me
3. Some reassurance that in the future when I or anyone else is accused of something that is publishable by banning they do a full investigation first and that includes getting both side of the story.

That's all just those three little things.

EDIT: Some people have been asking so I will clarify.

The reason we decided to drop the warp mine was because the MS was to close to the safezone for us to fully destroy it's SI before it was able to fly back in and repair.

The reason I stayed behind and held the MS there was so the other three pirate had enough time to get to the place to drop the warp mine. If all of us had left at the same time the MS would have just warped away before we had a chance to drop the mine.

Hope that makes more sense.

Last edited:
well imo all pirates can eat a dick. most if not all of em try to abuse the system where they can like the map pressing speed bug / exploit or aimbots and so on. all of em should get banned. good job MA.
just too often you get shot down in a quad, out of range of the pirate and still he manages to come closer despit both ships being at same speed. so it should NOT be possible to get shut down if initially out of range of someone with a vehicle that has the same speed as yours. bugusing / exploiting is a reason for a ban. You may say you did not do it this time but i doubt that there is ANY pirate who didnt do this yet.

Here what this boils down to. I was accused of violating the rules and that accusation was all that was looked at in order to determine that I needed to be punished.

No real investigation was done prior to me being banned. My side of the story was not obtained prior to me being banned. I wasn't notified that I was being banned. I wasn't even notified that I was being accused of anything.

The entire determination to ban me was founded upon what my "intentions" were during that battle. All the information provided to MA was coming from my accusers. I ask how in GOD's name can MA know what my true intentions were if they didn't investigate the battle? They didn't even ask me my side of the story.

Imaging going to sleep in your bed one night and waking up the next morning in prison. No idea what you did or why you are there, you start asking questions and eventually someone tells that you were accused of something and were found to be guilty. Most intelligent people would look at that system that I just described and say I wouldn't want to be governed by a system like that. Not because it locks people away that are bad but because it's inherently vulnerable to exploit and could end up putting people away that haven't done anything wrong.

Here's what I want:

3. Some reassurance that in the future when I or anyone else is accused of something that is publishable by banning they do a full investigation first and that includes getting both side of the story.

EDIT: Some people have been asking so I will clarify.

The reason we decided to drop the warp mine was because the MS was to close to the safezone for us to fully destroy it's SI before it was able to fly back in and repair.

The reason I stayed behind and held the MS there was so the other three pirate had enough time to get to the place to drop the warp mine. If all of us had left at the same time the MS would have just warped away before we had a chance to drop the mine.

Hope that makes more sense.

and here is what they should give you: permaban for life. i mean you are a pirate, one that steals from others and uses exploits and whatnot to gain advantages of people who work hard for it. i honestly dont believe a single fucking word of what you say. and you have not given any screenshots proving what MA said. so you basically want that we believe the word of a pirate... and you dont see the irony in it? :DDD

I thing your lock is justified. You were clearly harassing people.
You should have put the mine out there way earlier.

Also space pvp should be removed from the game. And anyone who pirated should be forced to walk the plank.

and here is what they should give you: permaban for life. i mean you are a pirate, one that steals from others and uses exploits and whatnot to gain advantages of people who work hard for it. i honestly dont believe a single fucking word of what you say. and you have not given any screenshots proving what MA said. so you basically want that we believe the word of a pirate... and you dont see the irony in it? :DDD

This is what I was told prior to this battle:
5lDFJRY.jpg

This is what I was told after my account has been locked now:
1z1xQrv.jpg

So you can see in this final reply from support that it confirms everything I have said. There was a battle, there were other pirate attacking not just me, then they left and I stayed behind.

Now if you are going to believe me when I say that the reason they left was to drop a warp mine then you would have to come to the conclusion that there was no real investigation before banning me. Because the evidence of this was everywhere in our soc/team chat.

OK here our soc chat while this was taking place, this is what MA should have looked at before banning me:

2016-08-24 02:24:20 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] warp mine? i have 1
2016-08-24 02:24:32 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] im down
2016-08-24 02:24:38 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] keep them here for a

sec
2016-08-24 02:24:45 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] ill drop then you guys

come
2016-08-24 02:24:50 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] ok
2016-08-24 02:24:59 [Team] [Jack Jack McCrackin] k
2016-08-24 02:29:40 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] you guys go to micjack
2016-08-24 02:29:53 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] i have to hold them

here
2016-08-24 02:30:12 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] no you dont
2016-08-24 02:30:35 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] i know but it takes

some time to get there
2016-08-24 02:30:58 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] true
2016-08-24 02:30:58 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] when all three of ytou

are there ill come
2016-08-24 02:32:07 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] let me kno when
2016-08-24 02:31:13 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] [59007, 68780, -289]
2016-08-24 02:31:15 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] here

2016-08-24 02:32:07 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] jack...in a team like

this loot does not spit fair...so we split it equal with who ever is

killing

2016-08-24 02:32:07 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] let me kno when
2016-08-24 02:32:20 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] if we get loot we give

to 1 guy and he splits
2016-08-24 02:32:31 [Team] [Jack Jack McCrackin] ok
2016-08-24 02:32:37 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] cursor you close?
2016-08-24 02:32:49 [Team] [Jack Jack McCrackin] here
2016-08-24 02:33:02 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] sit where i am jack or

youll get the warp bug
2016-08-24 02:33:06 [Team] [Samir Cursor Saigh] pos
2016-08-24 02:33:13 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] [59007, 68785, -288]
2016-08-24 02:33:23 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] ill explain later what

warp bug is
2016-08-24 02:33:37 [Team] [Jack Jack McCrackin] hows this?

2016-08-24 02:33:44 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] perfect
2016-08-24 02:35:13 [Team] [Kane Xane Crossing] omw
2016-08-24 02:40:02 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] theres a gate up there i put a warp mine down
2016-08-24 02:40:07 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] it stops mpotherships
2016-08-24 02:40:12 [Team] [Jack Jack McCrackin] ok, i see
2016-08-24 02:40:17 [Team] [Troy micjack mcco] if they warp in we kill um

Last edited:
well they said you were also harassing / abusing them verbally so that may have influenced their decision.
and MA really doesnt ban people fast (compared to riot for example)

well they said you were also harassing / abusing them verbally so that may have influenced their decision.
and MA really doesnt ban people fast (compared to riot for example)

Guy the first screen shot was from over a year ago, it has nothing to do with this situation other than it establishes what we can do in regards to disrupting a warp flight. The parts from that first screen shot about harassment were from a different situation all together.

so you are saying you got warned over a year ago and still did take the risk of getting banned AND got banned now... surprising

also micjack is one of the biggest dicks in history of the earth. everyone accompaning him is rated low level scum. he is one of the main reasons why pirates are viewed as shitbags. big exploiter and cheater.

Last edited:
[...]

Here's what I want:

[...]

Or?

Regards

Perry

so you are saying you got warned over a year ago and still did take the risk of getting banned AND got banned now... surprising

also micjack is one of the biggest dicks in history the earth. everyone accompaning him is rated low level scum. he is one of the main reasons why pirates are viewed as shitbags. big exploiter and cheater.

Dude I'm not trying to be mean to you but do you have a comprehension problem? I was warned over a year ago in that first screen shot about harassment issues concerning a different situation. I only posted it to show you that within that warning clearly laid out the guidelines in which we are ALLOWED to disrupt a warp, which applies specifically to this situation. Stop trying to take elements of that first screen shot and apply them to this situation that don't apply.

Last edited:
Back