FYI: Rick's 500K xp Pets

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Yay!! Finally reached one of my personal goals, to train pets to 500K xp (as picture)

I've got 25 pets, most of them are stored whilst I focus on the main ones. Still pushing on with 9 of them, so a little record to smile about when I look back in the future.

I switch and change deciding what to train, especially as it's only possible to train one at a time. My main pet is the Royal Chirin right now, I will have to get some work done on the Sterling soon.

I can't see how I can compete with the metabolic rates of the Daik strongs to add XP faster like Dan and Kom, it seems to take an awful lot longer to level the new pets. Still; all is good, onwards and upwards.

Have fun training your pets, I'm pretty confident with Compet that MA are committed to bring us more content.

Tell us about your own pets.

Rick

Might give them a try :) Glad to see you've kept your collection trained :D

Yay!! Finally reached one of my personal goals, to train pets to 500K xp (as picture)

I've got 25 pets, most of them are stored whilst I focus on the main ones. Still pushing on with 9 of them, so a little record to smile about when I look back in the future.

I switch and change deciding what to train, especially as it's only possible to train one at a time. My main pet is the Royal Chirin right now, I will have to get some work done on the Sterling soon.

I can't see how I can compete with the metabolic rates of the Daik strongs to add XP faster like Dan and Kom, it seems to take an awful lot longer to level the new pets. Still; all is good, onwards and upwards.

Have fun training your pets, I'm pretty confident with Compet that MA are committed to bring us more content.

Tell us about your own pets.

Rick
Grats Rick...

Well.....I admit...Im a pet whore :p..its what I do when I grow tired of hunting. I didnt feel like doing an entire spreadsheet as you did Rick, but will give top 10 XP pets and some other stats...

Total XP as of 8/27/16 = 808,086
Total Pets = 34 (all different)
I mainly focus on pets with rare buffs, but train all of them at least once or twice a day. I have 13 with a level over 20 ( highest is Panther at level 34). There are 3 Epic, 1 Mythic, 18 common, 9 rare, 1 Legendary, and 2 Uncommon.

Some of the more interesting are : Dhampyre (lvl 27) named Frostbyte, Eudoracell (lvl 28) named Whizzer, Pygmy Kong (lvl 24) named Black Mamba. I have the Eudoracell, Corinthian Ruby Kanin named Playboy (lvl 7), Corinthian Silver Kanin named Jack (lvl 27), and the Corinthian Kanin named Bugs (lvl 18).

Other interesting pets include the Oratan named Rock (lvl 7), WolpelTinger named Fred (lvl 12), Blonde Vixen named Sexy Sadie ( lvl 7), Island Gorilla named Peaches ( lvl 13), and the Next Island Monkey named Cool Breeze (lvl 10). The Legendary is an Ancient Diakaba Strong, eats like a pig, so I named it Guzzlegut (lvl 21).

I tamed 20 myself while others were obtained thru strongboxes or purchased from another player. Earliest tamed was Bristlehog named Sparky (lvl 28) on 10/15/2014. Highest single xp is 104,288 (Eudoracell) and have 5 over 60k and 5 more around/over 20k.

Eudoracell=104,288
Dhampyre = 91,415
Pygmy Kong = 86,961
Ancient Diakaba Strong = 66,954
Island Gorilla = 62,684
Panther = 27,383
Rhino Beetle = 20,491
Eudorian Sapphire Devil = 20,107
Mang Chang = 19,648
Sapphire Chirin Dragon = 19,256

Now, I mostly train for buffs and currently working on the Eudoracell (Whizzer) (lvl 28). It needs to be lvl 32 to open last buff of 18% speed.

By Planet: Highest Level:
Cyrene: Arret named Buckwheat ( lvl 24)
Calypso: Bristlehog named Sparky ( lvl 28)
Arkadia: Nusul named Doofus ( lvl 27)
Toulan: Tabtab named Godzilla ( lvl 24)
Next Island: Lofven Papoo named Cool Breeze ( lvl 10 )
Rocktropia: Panther named Bear ( lvl 34 )

Yea, yea....I know, what a waste of resources... I say "Boo on you" to quote Princess Bride :)..Its a way for me to have fun without lamenting about bad loot blah blah blah.....Key word FUN :)::yup:

Last edited:
Grats Rick...

Well.....I admit...Im a pet whore :p..its what I do when I grow tired of hunting. I didnt feel like doing an entire spreadsheet as Rick did, but will give top 10 XP pets and some other stats...

Toatal XP as of 8/27/16 = 808,086
Total Pets = 34 (all different)
I mainly focus on pets with buffs, but train all of them at least once or twice a day. I have 13 with a level over 20 ( highest is Panther at level 34). There are 3 Epic, 1 Mythic, 18 common, 9 rare, 1 Legendary, and 2 Uncommon.

Some of the more interesting are : Dhampyre (lvl 27) named Frostbyte, Eudoracell (lvl 28) named Whizzer, Pygmy Kong (lvl 24) named Black Mamba. I have the Eudoracell, Corinthian Ruby Kanin named Playboy (lvl 7), Corinthian Silver Kanin named Jack (lvl 27), and the Corinthian Kanin named Bugs (lvl 18).

Other more interesting include the Oratan named Rock (lvl 7), WolpelTinger named Fred (lvl 12), Blonde Vixen named Sexy Sadie ( lvl 7), Island Gorilla named Peaches ( lvl 13), and the Next Island Monkey named Cool Breeze (lvl 10). The Legendary is an Ancient Diakaba, eats like a pig, so I named it Guzzlegut (lvl 21).

I tamed 20 myself while others were obtained thru strongboxes or purchased from another player. Earliest tamed was Bristlehog named Sparky (lvl 28) on 10/15/2014. Highest single xp is 104,288 (Eudoracell) and have 5 over 60k and 5 more around/over 20k.

Eudoracell=104,288
Dhampyre = 91,415
Pygmy Kong = 86,961
Ancient Diakaba Strong = 66,954
Island Gorilla = 62,684
Panther = 27,383
Rhino Beetle = 20,491
Eudorian Sapphire Devil = 20,107
Mang Chang = 19,648
Sapphire Chirin Dragon = 19,256

Now, I mostly train for buffs and currently working on the Eudoracell (Whizzer) (lvl 28). It needs to be lvl 32 to open last buff of 18% speed.

By Planet: Highest Level:
Cyrene: Arret named Buckwheat ( lvl 24)
Calypso: Bristlehog named Sparky ( lvl 28)
Arkadia: Nusul named Doofus ( lvl 27)
Toulan: Tabtab named Godzilla ( lvl 24)
Next Island: Lofven Papoo named Cool Breeze ( lvl 10 )
Rocktropia: Panther named Bear ( lvl 34 )

Yea, yea....I know, what a waste of resources... I say "Boo on you" to quote Princess Bride :)..Its a way for me to have fun without lamenting about bad loot blah blah blah.....Key word FUN :)::yup:

That's some superb pet training...nice going indeed. You've got some impressive levels there, a really nice collection. I started with Bristle too, although I really got into it when the RT panthers arrived. As the new pets became available I switched favorite pets to skill.

The passive are ok, I skill more for buying 'time' should MA bring battles or other pet content to EU, I'm sure they will. I hear RT put a lot of investment into the Dhampyre, quite a few people training those up.

Personally I've been somewhat 'cautious' about investing a lot of time into off-caly pets. Compet only showed Caly pets in pictures, so to try and cover all bases I stuck with Caly pets. In all honestly though I really like the artists that work on the Caly pets, so it's not just about future possibilities. I think the Dragons (Chirin) are superb.

I wish some posters wouldn't try and turn it negative when we say we skill pets because it best suits our budgets....but that's the truth of it. We have adapted into something that uses up the hours when the hunting isn't working for us. I don't see whey they consider that an issue.

I don't think it's a waste of time, I think it's a waiting game for MA to provide more. It actually gives me a good feeling when I read your post, because it justifies to MA there is a future in pets. I hope there're many more of us out there.

Good luck with your continued training.

Rick

Last edited:
"I wish some posters wouldn't try and turn it negative when we say we skill pets because it best suits our budgets....but that's the truth of it. We have adapted into something that uses up the hours when the hunting isn't working for us. I don't see whey they consider that an issue."

Well, this is what I have to say to that.....I obviously love to hunt as is indicated by my Level 100/96 Laser hit/Damage status. Pet training doesn't impede my hunting as I can do them simultaneously. I have found that I sometimes just like to take a breather from intense grinding and fully enjoy the game, doing other things..its not a business to play EU but a passion and I want to keep it that way. Training pets is one way to do that without draining my pedcard from a bad hunt.

And thanks Rick, I know there are more of us out there who love this too...with bigger gains then I have made.:yup:

Last edited:
Well said Quell Que Star :)

Gz Rick, Nice collection and impressive levels :wtg:

I must say, I am a little disappointed that there is no one else that wants to share their pets with the community. I know there are pets out there at levels and with buffs that would blow us away...so come on...share already ;)

I want to learn who has done what and how well....part of the fun of EU :clap::dance::popcorn::poke:

I must say, I am a little disappointed that there is no one else that wants to share their pets with the community. I know there are pets out there at levels and with buffs that would blow us away...so come on...share already ;)

I want to learn who has done what and how well....part of the fun of EU :clap::dance::popcorn::poke:

Sure I agree; it would be good for others to post about their pets, don't be shy. It doesn't matter what pet it is if you pumped a lot of time into it....then respect.

Got my Royal to 153.5K today, ticked over into Level 33. That last level took just under 9 days of all free time I had.

Level 33 - 34 needs 9540xp. That's going to take a while...lol. Maybe I set myself a target of 15th Sept 2016.

Obvious Kombinator got his Daiki to 750K possibly more now, and Dan got one to 1.4m xp I think....Unbelievable.

I wonder if people are skilling those Hogglos's they had huge meto rates, they must skill fast. I bet they eat a ton of bars too, and I wonder what happened to those black hogglos, would be a shame if they're stuck in stores collecting dust.

On another matter I looted a Ruby Dragon in compet yesterday, and Sapphire Atrox today in the forest. That Atrox battle was quite something, I was so happy winning those two pets....oh yeah baby.

Spider pet is what I'd like at some point. No rush.

Onwards and upwards.

Rick

Sure I agree; it would be good for others to post about their pets, don't be shy. It doesn't matter what pet it is if you pumped a lot of time into it....then respect.

I think if you look in the selling threads you can see some high level tamed pets.

I'm not saying that some tame pets purely for monetary gain, but I'm sure it is a consideration.

I think if you look in the selling threads you can see some high level tamed pets.

I'm not saying that some tame pets purely for monetary gain, but I'm sure it is a consideration.

Lot's of people train the rabbits, there is or was a good market. I know a few players that did rather well out of pets. At Easter MA dropped a ton of rabbits at twin, there's a lot more Mythical rabbits out there now, even more rubys and silvers etc.

Who knows what MA have planned. They can kill the initial value of any pet, but a trained pet still has an advantage. Even if they decide to give 100xp+ per battle in future, to devalue the original training.

I decided to train the dragons, because I like them and wondered if thing change they could be good fighters. Compet has classified the dragons as defensive pets, I wonder what that means in EU. Maybe they might defend farms from raids in future, who knows.....options options.

I think it's like anything in EU that runs on "upgrades", the more your upgrade the more it costs you, the smaller the market to sell it (because the price you need or want, has a smaller and smaller market, as the costs of your upgrades increases). You can get to the point I guess that your cost is 100'sK ped, it's possible I guess to upgrade it out of the market completely, either no one can afford it or people don't want to pay even cost price (funny).

On a personal level I train them for a potential head start should there be other uses....always the dreamer. Sometimes I put them up for sale. If they don't sell, hey ho, I skill them more....lol.

Rick

Very nice, but what will you do if Compet fails and there are no further updates for pets in EU?
I also play compet but it seems already quite dead to me :/

Very nice, but what will you do if Compet fails and there are no further updates for pets in EU?

Unlike Rick, I dont give a dam about compets. That is not to say Compets wont play a role in development of EU pets in the future, but to say I train pets for fun, enjoyment, buff advantage while hunting, uniqueness, and profit.....in that order. If , someday, compets also adds a benefit, all the better. I am a pet person in RL as well as in-game so it really doesn't matter to me. Maybe I am old fashioned, but money is not my motivator for playing EU. Escape, friendship, entertainment, satisfaction, all trump making ped for me. However, I do profit here, which is a nice aside. :) Pets are one way to do so.

Side note: My Mythic Bunny is now level 31, one more level to gain 18% speed buff. As a hunter I find myself alone quite a bit in-game grinding away. With a pet out I do not feel so alone :). They make nice companions for me.:hug:

It gives me confidence that EU has been running for 10 years+, so I don't think MA are the type of company to throw in the towel. They're still working hard on compet, I've seen a lot of improvements. The forest and developing your village works really well, everytime they update it it gets better. It's free too if patient, although I suspect many people will pay for village upgrades for faster progress. I have 11 free fights now on a constant renewal timer. I think the arena still needs lots of work, even though you can schedule fights now.

That said I've not tried ped battles in the arena just gold battles which are free. So who knows maybe there's more life to it that I've not seen.

It's slightly frustrating having to wait for the deed payouts, especially for those that have held deeds for a number of years. I'd like to think MA will payout retrospectively on any revenue they collect. However that aside once you get moving in compet it's pretty entertaining. But that's another reason MA need to delver, and "will" try to succeed, because their EU core customer base is invested into it as well.

That matters for any future deeds sales MA offers, because we need to know they will deliver.

Here's a question. What if compets is more successful than EU? It can happen, and time will tell.

I think MA are committed to further pet improvements in EU too, especially as I think the stable owners were promised more. If nothing happens then I have a load of skilled pets that are pretty worthless. It's always been like that in EU, you try and get ahead. Sometimes you call it wrong, sometimes you don't.

I was so happy when I found that Royal dragon. I've enjoyed training it, along with my other pets. Get's a bit boring at times, but hey it's a challenge.

Unlike Rick, I dont give a dam about compets. That is not to say Compets wont play a role in development of EU pets in the future, but to say I train pets for fun, enjoyment, buff advantage while hunting, uniqueness, and profit.....in that order. If , someday, compets also adds a benefit, all the better. I am a pet person in RL as well as in-game so it really doesn't matter to me. Maybe I am old fashioned, but money is not my motivator for playing EU. Escape, friendship, entertainment, satisfaction, all trump making ped for me. However, I do profit here, which is a nice aside. :) Pets are one way to do so.

Side note: My Mythic Bunny is now level 31, one more level to gain 18% speed buff. As a hunter I find myself alone quite a bit in-game grinding away. With a pet out I do not feel so alone :). They make nice companions for me.:hug:

Superb training on that Rabbit Que, nice work.

Yeah I have little cocko-poo puppy and Bengal cat in RL, I hear ya.

I've always looked at EU as entertainment also, I'd like to get back hunting at some point. Life has it's challenges too, no rush.

Laters

Rick

Is it me, or has the price of tricks doubled?

I swear an exotic trick was 0.2 of 1% full feed now its 0.4.

(how much your food bar drops from checking before and after a trick)

So 1% food bar on a Royal is 42 bars (full feed 4200)

So 0.4 x 42 = 16.8 bars for one trick.

Not to mention natural spawned bar consumption.

100 bars = 1 ped TT, or 2.70 ped after MU

Mmmmm maybe I'm wrong. Stored all pet now, other than 2, I'll see how long this latest £30 depo for food lasts then decide if it's worth continuing.

Rick

Ok.....Another Eudoracell Bunny at level 32 in game :) ...18% speed buff...should be fun hunting and mining

Ok.....Another Eudoracell Bunny at level 32 in game :) ...18% speed buff...should be fun hunting and mining

Sorry for the off topic but...
how are ppl like quell and rick able to train so many pets so much?
I have a ruby kanin that takes forever to train, L24 atm, took me a year!
I just feed it and do exotic when pet is at 99 or 100 %
Is there some faster way? Perhaps compet battles gives XP faster?
nero

nero

Basically; a huge sacrifice of time. It is not uncommon for me to log in a 7am at weekends, train my pets all day long and go to bed with aching eyes at 2am (probably not eating much either). Have 5 hours sleep and do the same again. Maybe leave the keyboard and do some washing up but always move my ava to make sure I don't log out.

It's a lot harder midweek when working, I might skill pets between 6pm to 1am (7 hours max). I should spend time with my family, I guess I'm there in spirit, I could be a drinker I suppose and by down the pub all evening every night.

if you have lots of pets you can trick them "all" at login, then again a few hours later when the focus recovers. Now multiply that by say 300 days in a row and that xp adds up to a lot across a load of pets.

I will "always" have a pet out training and gaining XP every day. I also trick my pets, usually at 99% and use the highest trick.

It's time patience and huge amount of dedication...no other tricks. Plus a huge amount of food, 1000's of peds of food.

I mostly train pets that have pet focus buff, they're faster to train.

However the metabolic rate of a pet will give you XP, so say your running a pet with a taming skill buff that has higher metabolic rate say 17+54 it will add a lot more Xp,but the focus will be slower (I've not done the maths what's best). All I know is it costs less per day running focus buff than taming buff.

So I will only switch into taming passive if actually taming mobs.

I'm level 40 Pet handler, maybe my focus improves faster, but how would I know?

I tell you this though. I hardly get any skills training, I've had to get all my skills from taming.
I have skilled a pet all day long and maybe seen 2 green skills gain for the whole day (just training).

Now for the really interesting bit.......I put in new post below...give me a sec.

Rick

nero

There are several techniques I use to advance the growth of my pets in a more expeditious way. The single most important one is I buy a buff, currently only found on Arkadia, that enables the regeneration of the pet to proceed at a faster pace than normal. There is a stable at Celeste Outpost that offers a 25% buff for pet regen. Also, even if I'm not hunting, I will be on at least twice a day just to make sure I am advancing my pets growth, also a good way to keep in touch with in-game friends and take care of my Society duties as leader of Apocalyptic. While at Celeste, I may sweat (yes....that's right, I sweat too...which allows me to meet new people to the game and offer advice), and I have also found an excellent source of nutrio ingredients as newcomers make their ped by selling sweat and fruit they have found, which I buy and make nutrio for all my pets (34 for in total now). Any other secrets will remain so for now :)........

I have the Eudoracell, Ruby, Silver, and Brown bunnies and all but the Ruby has every buff open. Same with the Gorillas, and most every other pet I own. Currently working on the little green Irish snot. :laugh:

ok I will help you.

Very recently I've been running some checks, so I've not really had the opportunity to maximise my own gains from this. As I've said I always trick at 99% and do the best trick normally exotic.

However when I reached Level 40 pet handler (few days ago) I was interested in how skills might matter. (I've been trying to keep my skill level on par with my Royal level).

I noticed this training a Level 40 Royal Dragon:

If I did Exotic trick at 99% I would get 24xp
If I did Exotic trick at 98% I would get 24xp
If I did Exotic trick at 97% I would get 23xp

Which means, I only ever have to get to 98% to get max XP.
But there could be a twist. I'm not 100% sure because I swear I might get more than 24xp
When I logged in last night my dragon was 100% focus I measure it at 24.4 xp. (interesting).

here is the cool bit:

If I did dance (a much lower trick), I could run it down to 80% and still get the same xp per trick.

So there's this correlation between tricks and focus level to maximise the speed you can train. The lower the trick the better the tolerance on the focus level. Someone will have to work that out...lol.

There's a down side though. At a recent update I was confused why MA made it more expensive to do small trick than bigger tricks. But that all makes sense now. For those that were training say just using dance they were able to drop their focus lower to gain more xp faster. Now they have to pay more to do that.

Bear in mind that a trick cost is static, it's only how much xp you get at the focus level that matters.

Like I say. it's a shame I only recently worked this out.

Hope helps.

Rick

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info!

static cost and threshold is new info to me and very helpful!

nero

Thanks guys for the info!

static cost and threshold is new info to me and very helpful!

nero

no problem nero.

Just to clarify the trick cost is static, but each trick costs a different amount. You will have to check for the particular pet you're training how many bars it uses per trick.

For my Royal Dragon it's 10 food (bars) per exotic trick what ever the level of my focus.
The lower tricks will cost less.

You need to be fast collecting your stats as you don't want the passive xp gain interfering with your data collection. i.e. the natural xp gain while it's spawned.

Rick

There are several techniques I use to advance the growth of my pets in a more expeditious way. The single most important one is I buy a buff, currently only found on Arkadia, that enables the regeneration of the pet to proceed at a faster pace than normal. There is a stable at Celeste Outpost that offers a 25% buff for pet regen.

I've been giving those stable buffs some thought lately. I've rarely used one in all my training.

However I think all what your purchasing is the 'ability' to use the buff. What I mean is you still have to pay in fruit bars to run it, as what it does in increase your metabolic rate on the pet.

I think there's some confusion over that, and maybe I'm wrong. Some think you just pay the buff and it costs you no more. But then why is listed against your pets meto rate when you purchase it?

If you use them a lot you're have to add your thoughts please.

Rick

I had a couple of decent taming runs tonight pulled back some losses, so I'm in a happy mood to post an update of my pet training.

Just under 593K now.

I recently got talked into buying another Ruby Dragon...lol, then low and behold the following day I found my first Ruby dragon myself and tamed it, after a good year of looking for one.

I tried to sell the first one for what I paid for it, but looks like everyone is throwing their peds at Mayhem.
So I think I'm a bit crazy but started training two more Rubies, and also pulled out a Silver bunny I had in store which was given to me at Easter (when all those rabbits were dropping in twin). I'm really sorry I forgot who gave it to me now.

Anyway mostly been training my Royal because I wanted Level 40. Starting to spread the love now, and want by ruby devil to get to Level 14 so it does backflip. Should get that in next couple of days.

Laters and good night

Happy pet training and taming.

Rick

Back