What does the "Trader" source mean?

syntax

Guardian
syntax error
When viewing weapons, there's a Source column on the grid that says e.g. "Looted", "Crafted". One of the values is "Trader", what does that mean?

I'm guessing trader would be a non-player character i.e. computer controlled character somewhere you need to trade with

Before VU10 there was a weapon Trader at Zychion top level, the door next to the broken TP up there...
It had guns like punisher mk1 for sale - I think. Different guns then the TT tho.

Much earlier there were Feffoid Trader living in Tents SE of old Hadesheim.
But I dont remember what exactly they offered :ahh:

Really interesting things that are not there any more :(
Why did MA get rid of them?

I think there is still a NPC trader on Arkadia and you can buy some high level guns from there only with arkoins.

Eh? I thought "Trader" means that you've gotta buy it from another player (cause its no longer sold or found anywhere else).

Eg: The S.I. & Castorian series weapons...previously they were stated as from "TT"...but now...someone changed it to "Trader".

Could be for weapons you can't get anymore and thus you must get them in trade. Point in case, the weapons from TT before last year.

Eh? I thought "Trader" means that you've gotta buy it from another player (cause its no longer sold or found anywhere else).

Eg: The S.I. & Castorian series weapons...previously they were stated as from "TT"...but now...someone changed it to "Trader".

Could be for weapons you can't get anymore and thus you must get them in trade. Point in case, the weapons from TT before last year.

The Source column is intended to indicate the original source of the item.

There are many many many (etc) items that can no longer be looted or crafted for example, and are now only available if you buy them from other players - but that doesn't change where they originally came from.

Yes, the ones that are no longer in the TT should be changed to distinguish them from the current TT offerings - but only in a way that still indicates their source.

So for example a designation like 'TT pre-VU xxx' or even 'Old TT'.
Consistency would be nice, though I know it's sometimes difficult to achieve :)

The Source column is intended to indicate the original source of the item.

There are many many many (etc) items that can no longer be looted or crafted for example, and are now only available if you buy them from other players - but that doesn't change where they originally came from.

Yes, the ones that are no longer in the TT should be changed to distinguish them from the current TT offerings - but only in a way that still indicates their source.

So for example a designation like 'TT pre-VU xxx' or even 'Old TT'.
Consistency would be nice, though I know it's sometimes difficult to achieve :)

Hahaha...guess we're fundamentally all "different" (in a sense).

To me, I've always thought of the source as "where you can get that item from"....since ultimately, if I'm interested in the item, I'ld rather know where I can lay my hands on one rather than from where it came from originally.

Though it wouldn't hurt to know the origins of it too (I guess)...since that can relay important information on the numbers and rarity of it (which affects the pricing or markup).

(Hence my beef with those items stated as "looted" but can no longer be looted. Or maybe they could still be looted? But we'll never know for sure.)

Really interesting things that are not there any more :(
Why did MA get rid of them?

Can't remember exactly what those old traders were selling, but i'm quite sure people weren't using those items really... So they were kinda pointless...

Can't remember exactly what those old traders were selling, but i'm quite sure people weren't using those items really... So they were kinda pointless...

Old weapon traders sold an EP EWE pistol (I think.. 11?) and Punisher Mk1. They were both shit, even then.

Old feffoid trader sold enblade knives 3 & 4 (or maybe 4 & 5). Again, useless really.

The entropedia "trader" source was meant for these items (and also, the old purchasable clothes such as "Omegaton White Jumper" or "Omegaton Green Slacks").

To me, I've always thought of the source as "where you can get that item from"....

So, if I find an Opalo on the ground, I should go to Entropedia and change the source to "Found" as if it was a fruit?

Of course the column should display the original source, and from there one can do a research. One can get everything from resellers and auction no matter of availability, so using these two "sources" just confuses. And the word "Trader" for me personally denotes an NPC, I don't use it in regard to flesh-and-blood hagglers :)

Old weapon traders sold an EP EWE pistol (I think.. 11?) and Punisher Mk1. They were both shit, even then.

Old feffoid trader sold enblade knives 3 & 4 (or maybe 4 & 5). Again, useless really.

The entropedia "trader" source was meant for these items (and also, the old purchasable clothes such as "Omegaton White Jumper" or "Omegaton Green Slacks").

Ehh? They were less useless as a jester d-1. I made a fair share of ped of selling the Punisher at Port Atlantis at the boxes. EP-13/16 sold like hot buns too back in the day. I wish there still were traders some place that's really hard to reach, and where you could only buy one item at a time. (difficult mobs/instant death etc/no tp chip, vehicles)
The feffoid traders weren't easy to reach because you had to pass through an atrox/gokibusagi field and then avoid the feffoids in your unplated pixie.

So, if I find an Opalo on the ground, I should go to Entropedia and change the source to "Found" as if it was a fruit?

Of course the column should display the original source, and from there one can do a research. One can get everything from resellers and auction no matter of availability, so using these two "sources" just confuses. And the word "Trader" for me personally denotes an NPC, I don't use it in regard to flesh-and-blood hagglers :)

yup "found on ground" category maybe needed :laugh:
"Trader" is there for NPC and that's the correct answer to this question

Thank you for the addition - yup, they were useless...

Ehh? They were less useless as a jester d-1.

Before Opalo came into trade terminal (and became well known), the Jester D-1 was relatively good. Especialy consideing, that you could buy an A103 amp relativley inexpensive (10-20 ped) and put on it; giving a max 20 dmg (8+12 dmg) weapon affordable at beginner level. Or, for that matter, 4+12 dmg at a high fire rate if used on Mann MPH.

(This was when the lower end A10x amps was a regular drop, and before the amp nerf.)

As for the topic, I wuld say source is the original source; or otherwise pretty much everything tradeable could come from a "trader".

Other typs of traders in Hadesheim was armourer (sold the next level armor, I don't remeber the name but it was green) (Pioneer, I think), and the Tailorer (which got removed when first colorer reached "black" level). (Maybe time to implement tailorer NPC again as it's hard to find a colorer ingame already at Cornsilk level...)

In/on ancient greece, the "Trader" NPC is pretty much a localized trade terminal. The AG swords and the herb box were repaced with tne new universally balanced weapons(L) and fap(L).

Last edited:
Before Opalo came into trade terminal (and became well known), the Jester D-1 was relatively good. Especialy consideing, that you could buy an A103 amp relativley inexpensive (10-20 ped) and put on it; giving a max 20 dmg (8+12 dmg) weapon affordable at beginner level. Or, for that matter, 4+12 dmg at a high fire rate if used on Mann MPH.

(This was when the lower end A10x amps was a regular drop, and before the amp nerf.)

As for the topic, I wuld say source is the original source; or otherwise pretty much everything tradeable could come from a "trader".

Other typs of traders in Hadesheim was armourer (sold the next level armor, I don't remeber the name but it was green) (Pioneer, I think), and the Tailorer (which got removed when first colorer reached "black" level). (Maybe time to implement tailorer NPC again as it's hard to find a colorer ingame already at Cornsilk level...)

In/on ancient greece, the "Trader" NPC is pretty much a localized trade terminal. The AG swords and the herb box were repaced with tne new universally balanced weapons(L) and fap(L).

Opalo came a lot later. Traders were empty by then. I was comparing jester to punisher mk1

Opalo came a lot later. Traders were empty by then. I was comparing jester to punisher mk1

Outbacko was available at the TT.

Backo/Jester were better weapons than the punisher. The punisher is, was, and always has been shit.

Punisher + 103 = 16.8 dps, 3.98 dpp
Backo + 103 = 15.3 dps, 4.32 dpp

Btw, pixie wasn't available at the time of feffoid traders.

Outbacko was available at the TT.

Backo/Jester were better weapons than the punisher. The punisher is, was, and always has been shit.

Punisher + 103 = 16.8 dps, 3.98 dpp
Backo + 103 = 15.3 dps, 4.32 dpp

Btw, pixie wasn't available at the time of feffoid traders.

there were no stats either.. and most of us were to noob to figure it out.. we just knew the axe 1x0 could profit and the killian sword was crap.

The punisher is, was, and always has been shit.

Its advantage I think was that it had a longer range (77m) so you could use it as a short-range tagger for mobs with "normal" aggro (60m or less). As s pure tagger though Brave ME probably was to prefer though (due to less ammo use).

Thanks for all the replies. Seems the majority say that Trader means NPC.

One of the items in particular I was looking at was S.I. Psy-Sword. Does anyone know the NPC that sells it?

Thanks for all the replies. Seems the majority say that Trader means NPC.

One of the items in particular I was looking at was S.I. Psy-Sword. Does anyone know the NPC that sells it?

If your looking for the S.I. stuff, they used to be sold at the trade terminals on Planet Cyrene. But sadly, got removed in a certain VU....when MA decided to swap out all UL stuff sold in the trade terminals on all planets into its current (L) counterparts.

In other words, you gotta buy it from other players now. (I believe at TT+XX peds range)

All "S.I." weapons and tools used to be Cyrene's tt items before were removed a couple of years ago.

Back