Can i run EU on max settings with a budget card?

Prescott

Dominant
Society
Adaktussons
Hello guys,
Planing on buying a new office computer.
Strong focus on cpu and ssd.

But how does todays budget cards stand against a 6 year old radeonHD4890 that i know can play it on max?

Any experience with low end but modern cards?

i got a pretty much top end card and i cant run it smoothly on max settings... its poorly programmed so you will have long loading times after using tps and graphic bugs and a little bit stuttering anyway. but it will be worse on a low budget card then i guess

Depends on what you consider 'low budget'.. I play on max settings 1080p with a GTX 770, so I guess at least you have a benchmark.

I'd expect so. My laptop 940M plays it fine on med with no lag, medhigh with some fps drops. I'd assume a dedicated desktop card can run with high settings at least :)

EVGA 980ti SC = VHigh Everything.

Hello guys,
Planing on buying a new office computer.
Strong focus on cpu and ssd.

But how does todays budget cards stand against a 6 year old radeonHD4890 that i know can play it on max?

Any experience with low end but modern cards?

I was running EU on my old Dell Optiplex 960 with an Nvidia GTX 750/8GB and a samsung SSD on High settings and had a bit of lag/loading issue by the portals and crowded areas like TP/PA but that's all it was so i was pretty pleased with that :cool:
Here are 2 pics on those settings with the above mention ;)

And now since i had to upgrade one of my work pc's for better performance with autocad i have now a Dell T1600 Xeon E1270 3.40GHz/8GB with the same Nvidia GTX 750 and the same SSD and on Very High settings except for the Anti-alliasing which is still on 4x :cool:

That anti alliasing is a performance killer that's for sure :laugh::yup:

If you want to see how my settings are now i'll make some screen shots of them ;)
And the performance if the same as before, some lag/loading at the portals and areas like TP/PA but that's all so once again i'm pretty pleased with this small upgrade :wtg:

But once it's all loaded and what not EU is all good to go :yay:

Hope this help you out a bit :)

Cheers

Before buying 2 years ago a gtx980 I did play for few years on gtx285 on all High (draw distance - Very High) @ 1920x1200 with ~25 fps. Since gtx285 is a 7+ years old card, modern budget cards should manage no worse. On gtx980 it runs on all Very High @ 2560x1440 with ~90fps.

May trie out ATI R9 380/4gb. Runs with about 60-80 fps in high settings. CPU = Intel Xeon.

You don't have to run it on max settings

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Based on the info above it should be fine to run it on max with:

Budgetcard such as gtx 750 , and similiar.
Together with intel skylake 6400 quad 2.7ghz.
8gb ram
Ssd drive.

This is the office pc im considering.

Much love to all of you for the feedback!
We the entropia comunity can be proud to call us one of the best comunitys there is.

Back