Question: Assesment of my small scale bussiness idea " Xenoth Buff Booth "

Xenoth

Mature
Alakhai Xenoth Black
Hey guys!

As being a non depo player - I already got sick of just trading and fruitwalking. So this time I'd like to start really playing this game and "gamble" :lolup:

I know that the easiest option would be just gooing to the shop and buying a paysafecard... I could do that. But I spent so much afford to get to the place where I am now - so that would destroy the fact that " I didnt spent a penny in this game part "

I got some payroll right now ( ~1kped ) and some items in storge. My idea was to make a small Rent a Buff service.

I would for example buy:
Aeglic Ring Modified ~420ped
Hermetic Ring Augmented ~480ped
And I still have a corinthian kanin on lvl 17 with the speed buff.

So my idea was to make this rental pretty cheap, mostly aming at medium scaled players, who simply want to try something bigger from time to time.

Prices on rings would be like
3ped/day/each
0.5ped/h

And on bunny it would be
1ped/day
0.2ped/h

Therefore my "full" daily gain potential would be 7ped/day. Meaning its around 210ped/month. I know that I cannot be that optimistic - so I would assume that everything will be rented only 1/3 of the time. So my monthly potential would be 70peds. This amount would let me grind some small mobs like punies forever.

But the question is - do you think that it will be possible to find the suitable customers?

Thanks in advance
C U Ingame
Xenoth

Hey guys!

As being a non depo player - I already got sick of just trading and fruitwalking. So this time I'd like to start really playing this game and "gamble" :lolup:

I know that the easiest option would be just gooing to the shop and buying a paysafecard... I could do that. But I spent so much afford to get to the place where I am now - so that would destroy the fact that " I didnt spent a penny in this game part "

I got some payroll right now ( ~1kped ) and some items in storge. My idea was to make a small Rent a Buff service.

I would for example buy:
Aeglic Ring Modified ~420ped
Hermetic Ring Augmented ~480ped
And I still have a corinthian kanin on lvl 17 with the speed buff.

So my idea was to make this rental pretty cheap, mostly aming at medium scaled players, who simply want to try something bigger from time to time.

Prices on rings would be like
3ped/day/each
0.5ped/h

And on bunny it would be
1ped/day
0.2ped/h

Therefore my "full" daily gain potential would be 7ped/day. Meaning its around 210ped/month. I know that I cannot be that optimistic - so I would assume that everything will be rented only 1/3 of the time. So my monthly potential would be 70peds. This amount would let me grind some small mobs like punies forever.

But the question is - do you think that it will be possible to find the suitable customers?

Thanks in advance
C U Ingame
Xenoth

I think you would have a very very limited market to be honest. Most mid-level hunters can afford to buy the ring themselves, and I think the only customers you would get are people who want to 'test drive' a ring before they buy it. Since there is no formal rental interface in Entropia to allow you to loan thing without collateral, you will need to find people who can pay you collateral + fees for these items. Not saying it's not doable, but I just think even 70 PED can be a stretch in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong though and I wish you luck regardless!

Powodzenia :)

Well exactly that part is the one I feared the most :)

I need to think of all pros and cons in here

Dziękuję bardzo! :)

I agree small market but you could aim for the low-mid level who want to try out the rings to see how it improves their results. However I think you should change the rings...maybe do an Improved Ares ring instead as that has quite an impact on returns (on paper).

But again the person needs the collateral and if they have that, they may be a one time only customer....however it could be good if someone doesn't want to actually invest in the ring and is happy to pay the fee to use it.
But you would end up needing multiple rings if people want to use it at the same time or someone doesn't log on for a while and you have to use their collateral to buy a new one.

Good luck

It sounds like you're looking for a low-effort way to make PED. These don't exist for people with low capital.

If you're going to do a rental service you need to rent something with a decent ROI.

Example: UL Mining Amp, Adjusted Restoration Chip, Modified/Aug/Perfected Ares Ring

With a 1000 PED budget you would see a better ROI with Arkadia Underground Deeds than any sort of rental service.

Don't forget the equip decay on the rings as well. With a 1000 ped budget, would you not be better off investing in a high level UL fap? A heal service is not something I'm familiar with, but I believe that the demand is there even if there seems to be a lot of people trying to do it.

Depositing won't 'destroy' anything... You are wasting more time in game trying to make a few pecs than you would in real life making money from a real job that you can then use to deposit funds in game... Don't waste your life as time is money. (and don't waste our time having to read your spam in game, etc., lol)

If you value your 'time' as in 'how much your time is worth per hour in dollars' or something similar you'll find that trying to make money in game is really a pointless pursuit at the level you are at now.

Just play the game as a 'game.' If you want to go blow all the peds you have on a hunt, go ahead... or do as suggested by ZPF and grab some deeds... at least then you are making a passive income that you won't have to aggressively spend your own time in game trying to gain. May not be much, but it would be something. .. and you could save the roi to 'buy more deeds later' or whatever while you go and enjoy your time irl doing something like going on dates, hanging out with friends, or whatever...

Everyone's got to start somewhere. You put your 'time in' to get where you are.

Now enjoy it and deposit or just use the funds you have on your pedcard and 'play til it's gone' instead of trying to figure out how to turn molehills in to mountains that will take you rivers of time, sweat and tears to build with very small chance of actually 'succeeding'.

Last edited:
Xenoth,

Nice idea, but it won't gonna make you any real ped. Maybe you will find 1 or 2 interested people, but that's about it. At least, that's my guess.

You dont offer any added value. If I would have to pay a deposit for the ring, why would I not just simply buy it from auction instead? And sell it again when I dont want it anymore.

It might work with very rare items which cant be found on auction. But those items will require a lot higher investment. You wont get far with " just" 1k.

Imo the BEST way to make money is by trading. Trying to spot good deals on auction and resell again.
The EASIEST way to make money is deeds as the previous posters already mentioned.

And as irl, money makes money. The more you invest, the more you can make.
I started the same like you. Playing small, making some pecs every now and then.
Then I made a 1 time investment of $1000 to start some real trading.
A few years later I cashed out $3500, still leaving around $5000 in the game. Finally bought some CLD's and now I just sit back and watch the ped flow in.

I do have to admit that going from $1000 to nearly $10.000 was a lot easier in those years as it is now. The prices at that time where really inflating, for example buying my first ml35 rifle for 2500 ped and selling it for 15.000 ped (after it had already peaked at 25.000 ped!). Those were the days!
Sadly those days are over, but that doesnt mean you can't trade anymore. It just became a bit more difficult and time consuming. So now I'm happy with the steady CLD yields.

But if you want, you can do it as well!
Good luck with finding the best business for you!

Your bussiness will fail, but you must do it anyway.
After you fail 10-20 times you will make a proffitable bussiness.

Dont ask - minimize exposure and if you can afford the potential risk then just do it.

Quote by someone.....
"Keep hustlin till the haters start asking if your hiring"

yeah man sorry but i dont think there is much to this business idea... i just cant imagine player borrowing a pet and acctualy paying for it
If you have uber items like UL mining amps, UL weapons, imp/mod fap than you would probably be able to work something out

Back