Reward Buffs should NOT expire on relog/crash

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
The subject pretty much says it all.
If you are unaware, certain activities give temporary reward buffs, such as the Mulmun attack on Fort Zeus and robot attacks on Fort Medusa and Fort Pandora give extra health points (50-90) for one or two hours.
The problem is after participating in those events, which is often more than an hour, and you travel to another location to repair and reload, then on to somewhere else to take advantage of the buff, you may crash and lose the reward through no fault of your own.

The subject pretty much says it all.

Yep, I'm with you on that one! I often take the "opportunity" of a kick back into RL to stick the proverbial up at MA and go and do something else. The break tends to be a wee bit longer if the "lost connection" (although game info is still being transmitted after I have lost the ability to equip, fire, interact etc) manages to piss me off for some reason on top of that, such as a lost buff.

Whether or not the timer should continue while "unavailable" could be a bit debateable, though. But don't just expire it MA, please!

Ideally, MA would fix the ram issues etc that limit the amount of movement some people can make before the ram type of crash, as well as the connection drop to whichever part of their system while other parts are still happy to transmit.

No Más! No Más!

Arrived first at Fort Pandora yesterday when the robot invasion announcement came through on [System] channel. The "3" bots are tougher than the "2" that attack Fort Medusa, and we failed all three SGP attacks.
Finished off the last round including the Warlock and everyone present who reached 100% contribution received 90 HP for 2 hours.
I go inside to repair and reload before taking the teleporter to C R A S H ! Reward buff lost. :cussing:

Cheap ass robots didn't even drop any kind of nano adjusters either.

It's really annoying because other days, I can do a couple of BIG events and a bunch of other hunts for over 6 hours consecutive online time without any problems.

The d/c'ing is a problem that hopefully the stress tests will iron out.

In general though these types of buffs should be held during log out the same as any other, MA expects us to take computer breaks and things? Losing the buff only encourages people to sit (or stand) at the computer for an addition hour or so :wise:.

Back