PC: UL Resurrection and Wormhole chips

Ancient

Stalker
Society
Atlantis
Jack Ancient O'Neill
Does anyone know what they are currently worth?

You'd have to be brave paying a lot for UL res chip when you can buy a Res (L) pouch for few ped.

Wormhole chips have their market, you could gamble that MA would make it universe wide rather than just planet side. I doubt that will happen, there's more money to be made offering a new chip to jump to planets, even then it might not be wormhole but single player TP chip. Mothership owners might moan, but if MA wants to do it they will.

Vehicles killed the price of Wormholes, I've seen a few listed for 3K..ish. Don't know if they sold.

Basically both chips moved from 'I could need that' to 'nice toys to own'.

It's sad for those that paid a lot of money for res chips. The game moves onwards.

I won't even get into skills required, if you do regular Mindforce then both chips are noobish requirements in the scheme of things.

Rick

The pouch is about 1 ped per use. The UL chip is a lot cheaper to use isn't it? I can easily burn through 1 pouch on a tp run.

Being rare chips it's hard to give a price, but keep in mind that the new Divine Chip works much better. Wormhole chips I really have no clue, sorry.

A lot of things have dropped the Res Chips price, HDNA, Pouch, Divine Chip. But I think it still has its niche for a high level healer (imp/mod level) as a backup to the divine chip when that fails. This could offer a competitive advantage over other healers. Due to the divine price and rarity, I would say it's worth around 2k PED.

Wormhole is severely limited in use.. Only really good for pvp streaks and funnelling people to a certain LA. In the latter case, it would depend on the LAs owners ROI from using the chip to get more people on the LA. Totally subjective so can't really put a price on it.

If I could get a res chip for 2k, then I would buy one.

I wish for an Adjusted Wormhole chip :)

I could do you the favor of selling you my wormholechip :D

How much do you want for it?

Wormhole chips got a bug when the messaging system got remade: You can only make a wormhole to someone who logged in *after* you, or that you have added to your FL in current session. (It seems that from that update, the destinaiton list doesn't list logged in friends, but rather it catches the messages "xxx has joined entropia universe" and "xxx has been added as friend".

(Well, unless it has been fixed very recently.)

With the added lags that came with cryengine, I guess it would be welcome also with a sligttly longer lifetime of the workhole. Especially considering the popup that must be accepted ("Wormholes can go to to dangerous places" etc).

A misfeature is that if you want to do a wormhole to a random friend; if that friend is on another planet you get a message like "Not enough room at destination". A more clearer error message would be nice (or that friends that you can't create a wormhole to are marked with another color or somerhing.

Don't forget you need to be alive to use a res chip, it's for bringing someone else back from the dead. Unless Ma changed it (then I didn't know about that).

So where a divine might let you cheat death, a res chip is no good if you're dead.

Rick

The pouch is about 1 ped per use. The UL chip is a lot cheaper to use isn't it? I can easily burn through 1 pouch on a tp run.

To bring "yourself" back to life?

Even if a Rakzum's Pouch worked like that, I never tried it as I know for fact you can't use a res chip if dead (so why would I try it).

But sounds like from your post a pouch might revive yourself.

Please clarify for my own sanity.

If that's true and the chip works as it originally did, then they both do different jobs (unless Ma changed the rules of the chip).

Plus if I remember you need at least Level 14 bio. Not used a chip for years so forget req.

Cheers

Rick

Its for bringing my soc mates back from the dead. The pouch is about 1 ped a revive, so it gets costly to revive about 10 times on tp runs.

But sounds like from your post a pouch might revive yourself.

To revive yourself, it's the H-DNA.

The pouch works the same way as resurrection chips; it's not just as good. For instance it has shorter range, so it's hard to revive a teammate since it's likely that the mob that killed him will attack you, and then it will be hard to "charge up" the pouch.

As I see it, the poch is a workaround for those who skilled up biotropic but doesn't have the PEDs needed for collateral of the real chip to achieve "death speak", and also for occasional use.

But again, to clarify, while you are dead you can't use any normal kind of item that you equip, so you can't use the pouch or oldschool reschip. Never tried it, but I think if you have H-DNA carried, you will get a question if you want to use one of those if you get killed.

Besides the H-DNA, there one more way to save the day. If you have the "divine intervention" buff, there is a 70% chance you will survive a deadly hit. (You don't need toe chip yourself, it's enough if you met someone who gave you the buff, and the buff lasts for an hour or until you get that deadly hit.)

I own a ress chip and its 2 times less expensive to use than a pouch. Of course you pay it alot. But you save in the long run. My friends and noobs are happy to have me near them with the chip. I also own a heal chip XI which creates a good healer combination. I'll soon add to my inventory a Devine and one of those new regen chip. I ress people alot so this chip is really important to me. The value really depends how much you want it and how much your gonna use it.

Back