Info: Attributes and their influence on skill gain test

stc44

Provider
I've read many topics around here and there about what exactly do attributes do but haven't found any good information on that subject. There was a rumor that higher attributes means higher skill gains but haven't seen any statistics as a proof. A small test on that might be nice and here it is for those who like numbers such as myself.
Hypothesis: Higher attributes lead to higher skill gains. The more our attributes are the higher absolute TT value of skills gained will be .

Measurement #1.
Int - 36.7, Psy - 33.6, SG start - 1031.92, SG end - 1037.17.
SG has been increased 23 times total: 19 times by 0.23 and 4 times by 0.22

Measurement #2.
Int - 37.7, Psy - 38.1, SG start - 1039.91, SG end -.1046.11
SG has been increased 27 times total: 26 times by 0.23 and 1 time by 0.22

Since in 2nd test number of 0.23 gains higher than in 1st test and number of 0.22 gains is lower it's safe to conclude that average skill gain in test #2 is higher than in test #1 therefore higher atributes do mean higher absolute skill gains.

The exact formula estimation won't really help us a lot as the only way to improve attributes is natural skilling.

No, no, no.

Higher attributes do not give a higher skillrate; skillgain is a direct function of TT spent (on all activities apart from SG).

Your test is very much in the (very) wide variance of skill gains in EU.

Attributes can be gained not only through skilling but also through missions.

Attributes "do" the following:

Agi - HP & Runspeed
Str - HP & Carry Capacity
Sta - HP
Int - HP
Psy - HP

So I've been getting these results simply because from every possible skills I've picked the only wrong one?
Or better skillgains in my test are simply the result of some underlying process that influences both attribute gain and skill gain positively thus it's not a dependency but correlation?

Update 09-12: Int 38.9 Psy 40.2 got 0.24 skill increase once.

Regardless of if its a dependency or a correlation, I'm happy to see that positive dynamics exist.
However it's possible to test it further by collecting as much Int and Psy tokens as possible and making similar measurements before and after using tokens. I won't be able to perform such a test anytime soon.

No, no, no.

Higher attributes do not give a higher skillrate; skillgain is a direct function of TT spent (on all activities apart from SG).

Your test is very much in the (very) wide variance of skill gains in EU.

Attributes can be gained not only through skilling but also through missions.

Attributes "do" the following:

Agi - HP & Runspeed
Str - HP & Carry Capacity
Sta - HP
Int - HP
Psy - HP

While this is true, the hp gains for any of these are so small to be irrelevant except for stamina which is 9 attributes points per 1 hp.

I think str is 50% or something like that... so you need 200 str points for 1 hp.

Attributes will push up various professions slightly but other than the more utility like agility (run speed) and strength (capacity increase with major dimenishing returns around 70), they are mostly useless... sadly.

Skill gains are solely a function of reload speed, skill Boosts, kill bonuses, and decay.

While this is true, the hp gains for any of these are so small to be irrelevant except for stamina which is 9 attributes points per 1 hp.

I think str is 50% or something like that... so you need 200 str points for 1 hp.

Attributes will push up various professions slightly but other than the more utility like agility (run speed) and strength (capacity increase with major dimenishing returns around 70), they are mostly useless... sadly.

Skill gains are solely a function of reload speed, skill Boosts, kill bonuses, and decay.

Hmmmm what happened to

Agility 40 = 1 HP
Str 20 = 1 HP
Intel and Pysche 80 = 1 HP

So if you have 100 Str you have 5 HP from Str alone. Which is pretty valuable.

Source
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Skill

Back