How do they do it ??

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Just looking at the HOF list this morning(morning for me anyway) and saw a 13K HOF from one of the uber players(I think he is an uber). It was a levi provider. I have seen this player doing despletors and big spiders. but a levi prov it just seems under his class. This is not the first time for an uber to get a noce HOF from what I would call a lessor mob, for them anyway.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining or mad, maybe jealous:) but nothing else. There must be something but I can not imagine what. Just lucky I guess.

Well for the multiplier theorists out there, he might not be happy he got it on a Levi and not as Dasp....lol.

I remember Star getting an 11K HOF from a esto young not long after he was hunting Eomon stalkers.

Personally I've always believed the system will pay out what it wants too, maybe they just need the mob with the pool to trigger it.

It doesn't bother me when people loot big, I'm sure 99% of the time they're owed anyway. That's what I want to believe. The only thing that would upset me is if I found out I gave away a personal due fat hofs on shared....which I'm sure I've done many times. I would love to know the dynamics of shared from that prospective.

Rick

Just looking at the HOF list this morning(morning for me anyway) and saw a 13K HOF from one of the uber players(I think he is an uber). It was a levi provider. I have seen this player doing despletors and big spiders. but a levi prov it just seems under his class. This is not the first time for an uber to get a noce HOF from what I would call a lessor mob, for them anyway.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining or mad, maybe jealous:) but nothing else. There must be something but I can not imagine what. Just lucky I guess.

imo the bigger you turnover the bigger chance of multiplier. i have no evidence other than, whenever a smaller mob does an unusual hof, it's usually a high activity player

They do it simple, turnover sick amounts of peds and you've guessed even when the loot is not hot or lootious is not home :)

If you kill enough mobs or drop enough probes eventually all the numbers and multipliers will line up at the same time to produce a HOF.

Some people believe that certain mobs are "hot" at one point or another, and will go kill a few (say 3-5) of one mob and if they don't like the loot they try another mob until they find a winner.

Some people believe that certain mobs are "hot" at one point or another, and will go kill a few (say 3-5) of one mob and if they don't like the loot they try another mob until they find a winner.

But those who Hof big don't give a fuck and hunt no matter if it's hot, cold or freezing and then the hofs come.

My guess here is he was using one of his big guns here hunting VERY un-eco.

Maybe the guy was mission-grinding and had already killed a thousand of them that day.

ar the wave catchers gotta love them. Out of all honesty though some mobs iv hunted haven't produced a single global or even high value loots yet i managed to pull some tt on them. i wouldn't really call that hot but then again most dont keep logs to notice they pulled tt and are more focused on where the globals are.

But as to op this guy most likely cycles like 6 to 8k ped a day or session and if your hitting spiders and dasp you can lose alot in one sitting :)

Most likely he's already burned more than +20k and that was a "balancer" loot. That's more possible than kill few and all of sudden you get that multiplier :) (Many of us we silly hoping the sec one to be true lol)

But as to op this guy most likely cycles like 6 to 8k ped a day or session and if your hitting spiders and dasp you can lose alot in one sitting :)

Idkn who this it is but but even I cycle 8-10k/day. Top hunters cycle 17-18k++ easy when grinding.

Idkn who this it is but but even I cycle 8-10k/day. Top hunters cycle 17-18k++ easy when grinding.

it was Cerb Hulk Beris who hit the 13k Levi in question

Any gun in this game feels big compared to your opalo.Welcome to the VERY 2016.

He has that gun and I am sure he uses it all the time. During the LT migration a few years ago I watched him get 5 globals in a row on young LTs and then sped off and I am pretty sure it was the un-eco gun. Which does blow hole in the theory about use the most eco gun you can find.

He has that gun and I am sure he uses it all the time. During the LT migration a few years ago I watched him get 5 globals in a row on young LTs and then sped off and I am pretty sure it was the un-eco gun. Which does blow hole in the theory about use the most eco gun you can find.

Not my business really but he has the supern UN-eco imk2 and best buffs ingame :D

Not really. You want to find the most eco gun you can find for better loot returns vs ammo used. BUT. Using a larger gun on smaller mobs, my guess here, would give you a better chance at getting a good HOF due to the extra money being wasted.

But yes then again we do have this simple word: Luck.

there is no mystic special formula why one guy is hitting more hofs / globals in a period of time than everyone else, just math.

I dont believe a (small) team like MA will put a really huge amount of dev time into a fancy rng dynamic personal wave loot pool whatever system. couldn't imagine how. maybe I'm wrong :scratch2:

:twocents:

People read into this far too much...

Cycle speed = larger temporary deficits until the "large hit" or "kickback"... So naturally... Someone cycling 20k at a return of 82% without a hof will hit a hof bigger than someone cycling 4K at that same 82%..

Dpp of weapons works as a condition slider.. This has been proven many times. If you want bigger loot swings, then use lower dpp (at your own risk).

There also appears to be a mechanism of dpp/dps/skill level competition between players on the same mob/server.

In pretty sure Cerb uses imk2 most of the time (correct me if I'm wrong)... But he also cycles massive amounts of ped. One "bad week" for him may require a 10k hof in order to get back to where he should be.

Additionally, given the recent 10k hits on ambu, atrox young, and other mobs.. 13k on medium Levi isn't shocking.

Dpp of weapons works as a condition slider.. This has been proven many times. If you want bigger loot swings, then use lower dpp (at your own risk).

No one has proven this with a decent sample size over a long period afaik. At least no one willing to post/share their logs.

Sure you will get bigger swings and big HOFs more frequently, but will your overall returns be the same as someone with very high DPP (over a large sample)? Yet to be proven.

All we know for sure is your average loot size will be higher if your cost to kill is higher. That's not saying much in terms of long term returns.

A lot of high end hunters still swear by DPP. The only caveat is since there are so many buffs now, your base weapon DPP isn't as much of a concern.

No one has proven this with a decent sample size over a long period afaik. At least no one willing to post/share their logs.

Sure you will get bigger swings and big HOFs more frequently, but will your overall returns be the same as someone with very high DPP (over a large sample)? Yet to be proven.

All we know for sure is your average loot size will be higher if your cost to kill is higher. That's not saying much in terms of long term returns.

A lot of high end hunters still swear by DPP. The only caveat is since there are so many buffs now, your base weapon DPP isn't as much of a concern.

really? I say it depends on the hp of each mob. otherwise dpp doesn't matter and the very high $cost of the eco weapons .... well...out of nowhere?

This is false and was proven. I referenced the test in my thread and the sample size was sufficient to see the variance caused by base dpp. The slider comment is in fact true. Average loot (the mean) per mob varies depending on dpp. This does not guarantee more multipliers or bigger loots. Just that it's not explicitly based on the hp of the mob.

This does not guarantee returns are the same long term. What has always been said is that the difference between quantity and condition is ultimately how long it takes for the return lines to converge with the mean. Same is true between farming 4 ped mobs vs. 40. That's just math... we call that variance and is visible tracking returns against a logarithmic graph.

The value of high eco weapons just means you can farm the same markup cheaper. But eco aren't all the factors one should consider albeit it is the one which allows for the smallest overall bankroll (see ROR). In this case, it also allows you to have a tt return advantage over other players.. simply stated putting yourself into advantage situations.

Last edited:
switch mob -> compensate loss

This is false and was proven. I referenced the test in my thread and the sample size was sufficient to see the variance caused by base dpp. The slider comment is in fact true. Average loot (the mean) per mob varies depending on dpp. This does not guarantee more multipliers or bigger loots. Just that it's not explicitly based on the hp of the mob.

This does not guarantee returns are the same long term. What has always been said is that the difference between quantity and condition is ultimately how long it takes for the return lines to converge with the mean. Same is true between farming 4 ped mobs vs. 40. That's just math... we call that variance and is visible tracking returns against a logarithmic graph.

The value of high eco weapons just means you can farm the same markup cheaper. But eco aren't all the factors one should consider albeit it is the one which allows for the smallest overall bankroll (see ROR). In this case, it also allows you to have a tt return advantage over other players.. simply stated putting yourself into advantage situations.

My point was even though it behaves like a condition slider, it's misleading to draw a direct parallel to crafting since condition crafting on a large # of clicks has been conclusively shown to provide consistent returns (many people have tested and confirmed this w/ Explosive I) and I've yet to see any sort of similar evidence from hunting logs.

My point was even though it behaves like a condition slider, it's misleading to draw a direct parallel to crafting since condition crafting on a large # of clicks has been conclusively shown to provide consistent returns (many people have tested and confirmed this w/ Explosive I) and I've yet to see any sort of similar evidence from hunting logs.

No one is making any comparisons to the loot mechanics of crafting. We simply are stating the average loot per mob changes. Best way to explain that in few words is a condition slider, this is true still.

What you highlighted from rocket is true.

Now if your argument has changed to determine whether or not 2.95 vs. 2.45 dpp is the same returns.. you won't get anyone to test that although there are plenty of folks who still have 2.8 weapons and are doing fine... but with more painful dry periods. You won't get anyone to test that because convergence is true in an infinite length of time and it's too costly of a test when players just need to be smart.

No one is making any comparisons to the loot mechanics of crafting. We simply are stating the average loot per mob changes. Best way to explain that in few words is a condition slider, this is true still.

What you highlighted from rocket is true.

Now if your argument has changed to determine whether or not 2.95 vs. 2.45 dpp is the same returns.. you won't get anyone to test that although there are plenty of folks who still have 2.8 weapons and are doing fine... but with more painful dry periods. You won't get anyone to test that because convergence is true in an infinite length of time and it's a costly of a test when players just need to be smart.

These folks with 2.8 DPP wouldn't happen to have an assortment of buffs/rings/blah would they? :rolleyes:

I'm not accusing you guys of anything, just saying it's easy for newer players to look at your comments and assume the wrong things.

Back