How do they do it ??

These folks with 2.8 DPP wouldn't happen to have an assortment of buffs/rings/blah would they? :rolleyes:

I'm not accusing you guys of anything, just saying it's easy for newer players to look at your comments and assume the wrong things.

First and foremost the base dpp is what matters most. I am just going to leave it there.

The buffs are mindark's way to further stabilize. Buffs are just further savings of your main weapon activities. Which is evident.

Won't debate the 2.8 vs 2.4 scenario because it's a test that doesn't even matter. Point is.. average loot per mob changes based on base dpp. It's up to you what you draw from it.

Surely it's about relative cost to kill vs theoretical average payout per mob whereby relative cost to kill is based upon dpp primary with armour decay and fap decay secondary and tertiary via what ever combination is necessary with the addition of buffs and theoretical average pay out per mob is based upon cost of damage dealt (dpp of weapon +amp decay etc + (hp of mob multiplied by mind arks percantage (for arguments sake let's say 5%)) with the size of the loots or variance depending on the wave... Presumably both avatar and mob have a wave which would explain the occasional over proportional size of loots or the convergence of said waves using the above bastardised formula.

Apologies for the nonsensical layout but maths was never my strong suit. I am also the wrong side of a bottle of bourbon.

The point is that the goal is to reduce the cost to to kill which is entirely based upon the players choice of weapon, armour, fap, buffs and skill such as evade etc... The average payout is something we have no control over as MA control all the variables but it would explain why average loots vary so much depending on gear used, the over all return is still dictated by the relative cost to kill or dpp where dpp is the total sum of gear used.'

Would also explain why those that opt to use a weapon with 2.8 dpp can still do relatively well although to be fair I have yet to see a log actually documenting this.

With regards to the threads topic, that's just turn over, 13k may seem huge but offset against 300k a month it's not that larger comparitively...

My two pecs

Nut

My main point in the "dpp" side of what I said is basically this:

1) in a perfect world your returns would be the same with maxed 2.95 dpp weapons or 2.50 dpp weapons (both maxed, yes.)

2) Dpp matters for your share of return against other players, whether server wide or mob wide.

The two, in my opinion, relate in the following way:

10k ped in server/mob "pool" --> 10 players at 2.50 dpp... 1 player at 3.2dpp... equal dps.. The server is going to "pay out" those peds in a number of unknown ways.. my observation is that your dpp matters in relation to dpp of others on the same mob.
There also seems to be a kill speed/dps factor involved as well that I can't even begin to draw conclusion about just yet.

Basically, if you were on NI hunting a mob that no one has ever hunted before you, and you were the only one hunting it, your dpp would not matter (provided it's under the "profit" barrier MA made).

Once again... this is just my opinion.. and no I won't spend dozens of hours collecting data on this.. I'm far too lazy for that.

Edit: for other posters wondering about "base mob loot," it does seem that mobs have a default "range" of loot, according to their hp, which is affected by the dpp of your setup.

It isn't subjective, average loot per mob changes with your setup.. mainly dpp. This is a proven fact.

Everything else is all theory.. and honestly no one knows how to make multiplers more or to suck loot from others. That's mindark's black box.

To be fair I think that is what I just said

After years of experimenting I have discovered that if I kill big enough mobs I usually get loot.

You've always been so articulate, would be a shame for you to turn into Messi at this juncture...

Nut

I think you will find Divinty owns that gun and he rents out

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Cormick-Terminator-in-1-increments&highlight=

Also as Linzy and Hulk both in same SOC he proberly has better knowlagde of his SOC mates setup.

You are right but he did win the gun and sold it to Div. I was in a soc with Div for a while and had a discussion about that and he does use it a lot, or at least that what was said a couple of years ago when I was in the soc.

Anyway I am still jealous of him and the gun and the HOF :mad:

With all this talk about big runs and 100-1000 kills got me to thinking about one thing. If you are going to make those kind of runs and spent all that ped then you should darn well be killing mobs that you can have a chance for a nice size HOF or even and ATH. Killing L50 and below mobs are not going to do that hardly at all, if any, not any more.

I am not boasting but my run size if 75 ped on L20 to L50 mobs. With my set up my cost with decay is around 100-110 total. My rank according to my ET sig I am 83rd out of 3562. I know that I have very little chance for the big one as stated above but I still have a lot of fun and get swirllies:) BTW the 75 get me 551 shots.

I am not boasting but my run size if 75 ped on L20 to L50 mobs.

You have to be kidding me. Even on daikiba young I go with more (90 tt of tt knives). How do you keep any consistency with such low runs? On any mob over say 400 hp, if I am not doing at least 200 ped runs, I feel is completely randomness.

One thing is that, if I know correctly, daspletor is a capped mob. Is possible that he accumulated some "debt" from the system which had to spill somewhere.

Other than that, at least for me, I saw it in all shapes:

- random uber on couple of clicks on m1a after a day of heavy losses in first migration ever
- 10k on maff after at least two weeks hunting them
- heavy losses on crafting, went to CND with 2-300 peds, only 2 finds, a 200ish and some 1600, unamped
- camped a couple of domes on FOMA with unamped for weeks, "felt is hot", amped a bit, biggest hof yet mining (near 3k enmatter)
- first uber ever on calamusoids after one month grinding them in old pvp1 with opalo amped

And many other which I forgot. It really comes when it wants and when I thought I'm smart and tried to push it, burned myself heavily :D For me at least it seem to be a sort of compensation mechanism, but with a natural rhytm which I cannot articulate in a mathematical shape.

Last edited:
You have to be kidding me. Even on daikiba young I go with more (90 tt of tt knives). How do you keep any consistency with such low runs? On any mob over say 400 hp, if I am not doing at least 200 ped runs, I feel is completely randomness.

Hell I get some variation on 5k TT runs.. never dips below 90%, but still some variation.

Pretty sure sample size needs to be much larger than what we all expect, perhaps even a full month to get some consistency

Well for the multiplier theorists out there, he might not be happy he got it on a Levi and not as Dasp....lol.

I remember Star getting an 11K HOF from a esto young not long after he was hunting Eomon stalkers.

Personally I've always believed the system will pay out what it wants too, maybe they just need the mob with the pool to trigger it.

It doesn't bother me when people loot big, I'm sure 99% of the time they're owed anyway. That's what I want to believe. The only thing that would upset me is if I found out I gave away a personal due fat hofs on shared....which I'm sure I've done many times. I would love to know the dynamics of shared from that prospective.

Rick

Since loot is determined at the time of loot (when the mob is looted, not the time of death) I think shared mobs are on their own system, since nobody actually loots it. As such I don't think you can give away a personal HoF on shared loot, but you can in team. I believe I have a lucky avatar though, so I get personal HoFs all the time so I try to team to spread the wealth and access bigger mobs.

Regarding switching of mobs, I sometimes switch it up when loot blows on one mob (proteron, for example, just took me to the cleaners) and I try another (yuka did pretty good and badgers are paying me back what proteron took) until I find the mob that's paying me at that time. Then, of course, if a mate (or a crew) wants to go on a team hunt, I go team hunt whatever they want to team on (minimum 2K health).

- Captain Jack

Mind that the way some people hunt, 13k can be far from covering their losses.

You are right but he did win the gun and sold it to Div. I was in a soc with Div for a while and had a discussion about that and he does use it a lot, or at least that what was said a couple of years ago when I was in the soc.

Anyway I am still jealous of him and the gun and the HOF :mad:

A bit late reply but I did own that gun for several years and then sold it to divinity. The only reason I replied was because I knew what said person was hunting with since its a good friend and a socmate. So neither is speculations its simple truths.

//Linz

Back