Entropedia down

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
On "Martin Looter King" having dream of working entropedia.
Good luck with it and my hat off to brave person(s) who run that site.

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to grow their business

It is sorely missed when not working and taken for granted when it does. So nobody found it worth noting that it's back. Big thanks and kudos to the busy elves in the background who make this possible.

There are several issues with the Entropedia website that build up over time and require database maintenance, unfortunately.

I have performed that maintenance on the Entropedia database once again, so it should be more stable for at least a couple of months.

There are several issues with the Entropedia website that build up over time and require database maintenance, unfortunately.

I have performed that maintenance on the Entropedia database once again, so it should be more stable for at least a couple of months.

:wtg: all hail the database [insert appropriate word]...

Entropedia down again

Why so often? more than 3 day down in this time.

it´s happened so often than some1 do it collaps on purpose :mad:

Maby some kind spam filter needed for the site to work more stable :yup:

It is sorely missed when not working and taken for granted when it does. So nobody found it worth noting that it's back. Big thanks and kudos to the busy elves in the background who make this possible.

I was all excited when I read this, but the site is still down (((((

Not as a substitute ofc, but if looking for core data, I had copied the entire database dump that was provided as of February of this year to my site, which was a work in progress that kinda didn't get finished. But the data is there anyhow, if in a pinch and Entropedia is down.

Why so often? more than 3 day down in this time.

it´s happened so often than some1 do it collaps on purpose :mad:

Maby some kind spam filter needed for the site to work more stable :yup:

Hey. Did you payed 1cent for entropedia? Stfu and wait quietly.

Connection Error
Unable to connect to the database. Please try again later, the issue will be solved as soon as possible.

I went to the well
but the well was dry

Hey. Did you payed 1cent for entropedia? Stfu and wait quietly.

This is a good idea.

If a few people were to chip in 5 bucks, would we be able to have a more stable entropedia?

bump for entropedia

keep calm... ill get started making a new entropedia :)

As grateful as I am for Entropedia, I think it going down also paints a very clear picture that a lot of this data should be in-game.

I'm still a noob, and if EP is down, I have no idea how to pick a weapon for myself. I rely on the weapon tool in EP when I'm shopping to know if something will work for me or not, calculate economy, what amp to use, how much eco I lose in MU, etc.

IMO, this is such critical information, MA should provide something like this in the game.

As grateful as I am for Entropedia, I think it going down also paints a very clear picture that a lot of this data should be in-game.

I'm still a noob, and if EP is down, I have no idea how to pick a weapon for myself. I rely on the weapon tool in EP when I'm shopping to know if something will work for me or not, calculate economy, what amp to use, how much eco I lose in MU, etc.

IMO, this is such critical information, MA should provide something like this in the game.

Good points. I have never understood MA reasoning for not making all the info available. The least they should have done was weapons, mobs and armor info imo.

This is a good idea.

If a few people were to chip in 5 bucks, would we be able to have a more stable entropedia?

Most likely yes. And most likely already has a donate button. The idea that I don't even know if it had a donate button makes it clear that I am lazy ass also. Not sure if it can be made a subscription-based access, given the license of the template itself, but at 5 to 10 bucks for 1 year access I am sure it would buy its own maintenance.

Yes i donated $10 in September when it was offline for 4 days,i gave donation after it was fixed.

Probably a long shot, but if I recall, the site had an "export to CSV" function on the charts. I don't suppose anyone has a dump of the data? I might could put together a simple temporary replacement.

Entropedia is back up and should be working fine now.

Some unrelated Windows logging went haywire on the host and consumed all available disk space. I have corrected the issue.

Some unrelated Windows logging went haywire on the host and consumed all available disk space. I have corrected the issue.

Wohaa! We're back!

Yay! great job :yay:

Thanks man, your site is invaluable for me.

Great to see entropedia back :yay:

A BIG THANKS for all the hard work 711 :hug:

and to the whiners, whingers and critics... shame on you.. Unlike MA, maintaining this site is not paid employment, it relies heavily on 1 persons goodwill and personal time, with some support (often far too little) from other players.
Now you have had a taste of life without entropedia, what about putting your money/time where your mouth is.

Let's see some apologies to 711 and maybe some volunteers to help.

Instead of trying to build copies (which may or may not get maintained, next month, next year etc, instead of diluting information over several sites, I would suggest pooled resources would be far more effective, perhaps with a mirrored site, so that if one server goes screwy then a back-up can be used.

I would also recommend that all players build a list of other useful links, to items in forums, to other player databases, so that if the server crashes, 711 is ill, or otherwise occupied that you know where to go look stuff up for yourselves.

As for MA publishing all this stuff..don't be silly.. Firstly can you imagine the bitch fest if someone found a small error, or tried something based on the info they thought they understood, and didn't get a profit.
More importantly like all games, what is the point of playing if we don't have to learn, to seek knowledge for ourselves ?
A walk-through hand out would make Entropia as boring and pointless as many other games. Having to help each other and share our finds, mistakes and successes is what makes MA the very social game that it is.

I totally appreciate the efforts people have made with sites such as Entropedia, Little Big Mining Log, JDegree's chipping optimizer etc and many others, as well as the in-game assists from player advisors (both formal and informal)
I probably don't show that support as much as I should, something I intend to change. Do you?

Thank You for getting the site back up.

Don't realize how valuable a tool that site is until it is not there :)

As for MA publishing all this stuff..don't be silly.. Firstly can you imagine the bitch fest if someone found a small error, or tried something based on the info they thought they understood, and didn't get a profit.
More importantly like all games, what is the point of playing if we don't have to learn, to seek knowledge for ourselves ??

Definitely agree with everything else you said. EP is resource that is taken for granted until it's not available.

With the stats, I'm not voting in favor of hand-holding, but my only argument is with DPP. MindArk has explicitly stated this is the most important factor players should be conscientious of when choosing gear, yet it's the one stat left out of the info panel. They even refer players to Entropedia in that dev note, and admit that they are considering adding it.

While I do know how to calculate it by hand, it doesn't really help since you have to buy the item first in order to do so.

Seasoned players will already have a good idea of the weapons out there (and will likely already have their setup fine-tuned). New players like myself are the ones most impacted by omitting the data; especially when the third party resources are not available.

Back