Entropedia down

I just donated €15.

I missed the site when it was down :(

Dirk

Down again? :(

The service is unavailable.

It was responding very slowly about an hour ago.

Now it's down again.

I wonder how much play slow down happens when entropedia is down. Can't look up mobs / weapons stats, etc.

MA should be providing a resource like entropedia, not expecting people to do it themselves. This is like shooting themselves on their foot. Not only that, if a key resource like entropedia is down often, it reflects badly on the game as well. Wonder how long newbies will hang around if they can't look up stuff to do things in the game, in an easy manner.

MA should be providing a resource like entropedia, not expecting people to do it themselves. This is like shooting themselves on their foot. Not only that, if a key resource like entropedia is down often, it reflects badly on the game as well. Wonder how long newbies will hang around if they can't look up stuff to do things in the game, in an easy manner.

How the game existed before entropedia? :) The weapon compare tool didn't even exist in the peak years of 2007-8.

How the game existed before entropedia? :) The weapon compare tool didn't even exist in the peak years of 2007-8.

Sure, it didn't exist long ago. But with so many other games out there, there is alot more "support infrastructure" provided for various games. If EU can't provide similar facilities, they will lose out.

There was a lot less then... and eco wasn't such a big deal.

Is entropedia going down permanently? Can we have a definitive answer from someone?

There was a lot less then... and eco wasn't such a big deal.

Is entropedia going down permanently? Can we have a definitive answer from someone?

Entropedia's down-ness will definitively not last forever. If nobody gets it done sooner, I will host it myself. Don't hold your breath.

I've heard that someone much more suited to host it is in process of setting it up on a new host. Its old host has made the entire, fully functional database part of it public (there are download links somewhere on this forum).

Entropedia Down again??

Seems Entropedia is down again.

"The service is unavailable."

Hopefully wont be for too long?

Thankfully I had programmed my own weapon compare tool so I wont be lost there.
However armor, tools, creatures, missions etc, I hadn't got around to implementing :(

Just use this tool to check if the website is down. Getting old when the database goes down and everyone has to create a thread saying it is down...

Check if it's down

Yeah it's down ......

Me waiting for Entropedia to load: :tux::hammer::eyecrazy::shots::grumble::cry:

Guys, its not something that's just temp down and will come back with a restart.... It sounds like the previous host has stopped hosting it. It needs someone to take over. Presumably that someone mentioned above is working on it. This takes time, so we just gotta sit still and hope for an update from someone who is working on this. If there is no one working on this... well hope someone with the expertise will step in. It's way out of my league.

It is back!

Thanks again.

Dont be so fast in those gratz because it is not working, again. 504 Error. Sad :/

its back up!

You dont want to insult entropedia too much. It may decide that we are ungrateful for the pass years of service and decide not to come back up ;)

Haha!

Lets hope its a whale (has to come up for air) and not a fish (in which case it doesn't!) :D

Back