Robots in Port Atlantis – Stress Test Event

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
During 2014 and 2015 Planet Calypso hosted a number of stress test events to pinpoint bottlenecks in the Entropia Universe systems. The findings in these stress tests have helped the developers make the Entropia Universe platform both more stable and much faster. Now in 2016 it's time for a new round of tests.
On Wednesday September 14, 2016 waves of Robots will be lured to attack Port Atlantis in force.!
We ask all colonists to help defend the city while the developers and engineers closely watch what goes on inside the servers. Their findings will later be used to see how the Entropia Universe platform can be improved further for an even better game experience.
The Robot Attacks will commence at three different times to ensure that Entropians in all time zones can take part in the event. The schedule is as follows:

• Wave 1: Wednesday September 14, 2016 11.00 - 13.00 UTC
  • Wave 2: Wednesday September 14, 2016 16.00 - 18.00 UTC
  • Wave 3: Wednesday September 14, 2016 21.00 - 23.00 UTC
!! !
We hope that as many Entropians as possible can join in this Robot smashing event!!

For details about UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Originally Posted Here

I hope MA will pay for my stress treatment hospital bill :eyecrazy:
But I like how stress test event boost my CLD payouts :yay:

Sheesh. At least wrap a little bit of story narrative around it.

SMDH

"RDI engineers have noted unusual network activity in the planetary teleport system, with strange spikes of exceptionally high traffic consisting of malformed packets hitting teleporters in the Area of Port Atlantis." Projections indicate that network traffic on those nodes may reach saturation on 14 September, sometime between 1100 and 2300 UTC. Calypso colonists are advised to exercise caution when using or loitering in the area of Port Atlantis teleporters during that time, and should they see anything out of the ordinary, report it to RDI as soon as possible."

Last edited:
Dude, the 4th wall has been a pile of rubble for years. It needs to be rebuilt.

Everybody always wants a story...

Sheesh. At least wrap a little bit of story narrative around it.

Please no stories :). In game item drops such as maps, treasure hunts, log books, scraps of paper with cryptic clues and puzzles yes, but forum stories no thank you.

Looking forward to a little pew pew against some bots and (hopefully) the CLD returns next monday :yay:

We can try with 4 people from soc with rockets and see if servers crash again. :laugh:

What stories? The offline stories? I thought that was just a long joke. Atleast put the story online and in game to be read at the planet you visit.

For stresstest.. MA better caugh up something like an antistress gadget (or something else) that cant be traded in the loot there to show who was there.

What stories? The offline stories? I thought that was just a long joke. Atleast put the story online and in game to be read at the planet you visit.

For stresstest.. MA better caugh up something like an antistress gadget (or something else) that cant be traded in the loot there to show who was there.

There used to be "lore" and background descriptions on items, places, etc. They lost the universe-lore when random other different themed planets turned up (not having a go at any specifics here, they all don't fit with Calypso) but Caly seemed to have a few stories going on (even if they weren't really connected).

I quite liked the Eomon storyline - be even better if the stories included clues (things like the McGrangus logs were great).

Have fun storming the City....dont step in any robot poop:laugh:

In game item drops such as maps, treasure hunts, log books, scraps of paper with cryptic clues and puzzles

I'd welcome these things! other games I've played had these, rewarding players who could figure out the clues

pixel overload for me anywhere near PA - so you all enjoy

Ehm, why even shoot those robots? I hunt very low lvl, i get non global at punies with 3 shots much more loot compared to 30 shots here that global o_O

Wanted to go but had too many computer issues and kept getting kicked out of game.

How was it?

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to grow their business

Events are kinda strange in EU.... No ingame announcement, there just spawn 3 mobs at the same locations that don't move until the "stress test" is over, then no respawn and that was it?!

Nothing ingame from a dev or GM like "Event starts..blahblahblla" or ar the end of the event "Thank you all for participating......" ?

Is it always like this?

Events are kinda strange in EU.... No ingame announcement, there just spawn 3 mobs at the same locations that don't move until the "stress test" is over, then no respawn and that was it?!

Nothing ingame from a dev or GM like "Event starts..blahblahblla" or ar the end of the event "Thank you all for participating......" ?

Is it always like this?

This is a good point. In the past there might have been a dev over seeing it, usually one of the calypso officials, sometimes even Marco himself :D. Not that it matters much but it was a nice touch I thought.

It is good the news of the event is on the client loader as well for those who don't read the forum, which is useful.

Back