Achievement: 10 years

Svarog

Slayer
Hi, my name is Svarog and I'm an entropiaholic.

My online gaming life started in early 90s, I played text-based MUDs and managed to avoid all the big titles like Ultima Online. Been a mac-user I couldn't run pretty much any game worth running, so it wasn't until 2006, when Apple released their first x86-based Mac and I upgraded to one and set up MacOS/Windows dual-boot, I started to look into graphical online games. I wanted a sandbox, a big open world to get lost in, the RCE part didn't fascinate me a little bit. So I stumbled upon Second Life and Entropia, tried the former for a couple of weeks and didn't succeed in finding much sense in it, so I deleted it and installed the latter.

After SL fiasco I didn't expect much, even chose a totally random nickname (had been reading some medieval stuff that day, so just typed in a swedish king's and a slavic deity's names as parts of it). Many weeks later, when I realized that I'm still here and not going anywhere soon, it was too late to start over and get a more meaningful name. I kept considering it still, but then MA changed the attributes for starting avatars to 1 and I gave in.

eu10years-1.jpg

I've never had a break and usually play 50+ hours a week (sitting before 3 screens and doing other stuff in parallel, so it's not that bad), but I go low and slow. It took me 5 years to unlock Combat Sense, because the only weapons I was using during that period were Breer m2a (L) carbines (10 dps with A102 amp), thousands of them. The great leap forward happened during the robot wars of early 2012, I was tempted to try big guns for the first time and when the event was over couldn't go back to 10 dps. Naturally, my little guy's weekly allowance jumped from 10 bucks to 50 and later went higher as I picked up interest in UL gear, deeds and whatnot. Still I understand that it's pocket change by EU standards, so even today I'm only a 80 level Laser Sniper who uses guns half his level. I don't mine or craft, if only casually.

I don't play any other online game (although I do love offline games, especially the Civ series). Every time I read some review and feel curious, I remind myself that that game most likely won't be around in 2-3 years, so why bother and waste the time I could spend in EU. I guess MA realizes that well, as they never felt a need to send a big one my way, knowing that I'll stick around nonetheless :D

From here on to the next decade and beyond.

Your avatar looks like he is on meth. Otherwise, gz on the milestone. :)

Gz :)

I'll be seeing you in 2026 for your double-decade :girl:

Gratz Svarog on reaching 10, really nice to read your story and see an old school picture as well :yay:

Congratulations on your 10 years in entropia universe :yay: :)

#space_flight ~ where pilots find travelers

Cool to read and gz!
:beerchug::birthday::beerchug:

Hi m8 yea time goes fast when u have fun dont it hehe
Gratz on ur achivment and thx for the story :)

Gratz for joining the club. We both were born in same year it seems like ^^

Only 3 screens? What a noob :laugh: Let's hope you are not sweating on the other 2.
And gratz for the decade. Not many games can make you waste 10 years of your life :laugh:

Nice achievement!

Like others have stated above: How many other online games have players staying for so long?
There is something magical about this game despite all the frustrations.

Gratz from a long time player (Since 2003-10-21)

The only game i might stick to for that long too as well - grts

Gz on the achievement! :wtg:

Actually, you should be able to unlock a new skill after 10 years, like Perseverance. :yup:

welcome to the decade club :cool:

Good stuff!

When I got back to the game, support didn't know of any accounts started 2002 and played 2003. This is my nub acc :laugh:

I always considering your posts/opinions like advices with Narfi, Neal (Greenleaf), Andy the Russian, 5 dolla, among others wise and serious ppl. So you're unofficial my mentor :)
btw I come from almost the same path with you but I spend 7 successive years in Second Life (till the tear me apart and lost great deal of my real cash fortune I created there) 3 years in EVE! Now I'm living in Entropia but always check what sandbox MMO's are around. But nothing like our Entropia so far.
Gtz and Happy BDay Svi

Congrats Svarog, nice achievement. :wtg:

One year to go for me to hit the 10 years.

Like others have stated above: How many other online games have players staying for so long ?

There are a lot more then you think. ;)

Gemstone went online in '88, it introduced free to play just last year,
( not sure if it is still running today though. )
Ultima Online started in '97 and is still up and running just like Age of Empires II.
Batmud started in since '90, 26 years online now.

Plenty of players are still playing those.

Entropia Universe is old, but far from being the oldest online game.
I have been playing EU for over 9 years now, but two other online games for more than 15 and 19 years now.

Last edited:
Nice achievement!

Like others have stated above: How many other online games have players staying for so long?
There is something magical about this game despite all the frustrations.

Gratz from a long time player (Since 2003-10-21)

There is one thing to say... The game feels as strong as ever. Amazing when you think all the highs (and lows) there have been over the years.

We all want the game to be huge and massive and popular.. but the sense of community here is second to none; everyone knows your name if you've been around long enough :)

Gz again Svarog!

Back